Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 8, MM] Not Gloating

2 posters

Go down

[Day 8, MM] Not Gloating Empty [Day 8, MM] Not Gloating

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:24 pm

Gwyn didn't wait long after breakfast to charge on over to the Lyras contingent within the Marsten camp and start looking for Kevan. Neither did it take long to find him, regaling a few squires and men-at-arms with the tale of his joust. She politely waited just outside the ring of hangers-on until he finished up with his account, then pressed in.

"
Sorry everyone,"
she said brightly, taking hold of Kevan's shoulder. "
I don't mean to break things up, but I've need for our brave knight. Official House business. Sorry!"

She didn't look remotely sorry though as she beamed down at Kevan until he stood...and then beamed up at him.

"
So..."
she said with a wide grin, "
...have you spoken with Sofia since?"
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, MM] Not Gloating Empty Re: [Day 8, MM] Not Gloating

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:56 pm

A bit disappointed that their excuse from work in the form of Kevan was getting kidnapped by Lady Gwyneth, the squires and men-at-arms returned to their duty.

Kevan turned his attention toward Gwyn and at her question, returned her bright smile. "
No I haven't so far. I figured after the ruckus yesterday, it is best to talk to her father first, for which I hope Lady Corrine will accompany me."

OOC: The thread with Corrine is later today

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:38 pm

"
Clever boy,"
Gywn chuckled approvingly. "
Baelon and I have had some opportunity to bend his ear in your favor...as we have with Sofia, though after that display I'm not sure you needed our help with her."

She walked around behind Kevan. "
The Tourney has had some very clear winners, and I don't mean the jousts or melee or any of those things. The true winners are those who leave here with their circumstances elevated beyond what they entered here with. I'm very pleased to have backed you. Have you given much thought about your ongoing role with House Marsten?"
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:23 pm

Kevan nodded his head turning around trying to face the wandering Gwyneth. "
The tourney has indeed been a success for me so far and I am well aware of the importance of your role in it. Thank you!"

"
I have indeed. With Ser Benedict and Lady Corrine taking over the lead, I am sure they will need some help in guiding the Marsten Household through the challenges ahead. I hope after the Tourney, I will be able to support them in that. First, the problems with the clans have to be solved, but after witnessing the political maneuvering at this Tourney, I fear even bigger challenges lie ahead..."

"
What about you? Have you thought about how I can repay you for your help?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:30 pm

"
A few ideas occurred to me,"
Gwyn admits. "
For one, I'm interested in prying into this matter of the Faith Militant and the conflict at the hanging tree. Unfortunately, I have no officially recognized claim to interview the survivors myself, and I don't even know who interrogated them to inquire secondhand. I was thinking you might be able to help me there. You were involved, after all...what do you know of the matter?"
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:20 pm

"
Hm... yes I was involved but more to help out Lord Dunstan than for personal reasons. The members of House Coldbrook though, in particular Ser Jorah Holt and that guardswomen of his had a more personal reason for their involvment. They were also the ones that were interrogating the prisoner before we left for the trial. I think they are a good starting point for any investigation. What is it you are looking for in particular? If you like, I can try to talk to that coldbroom guardswoman to find out more..."

Tilting his head slightly he added: "
Why the sudden interest in these zealots though?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:24 pm

"
I'm looking for leads,"
she answers. "
Specifically, trying to track down how they found out about Dunstan's...paramour."
She can't quite conceal her distaste at the last word.

"
As for why...there's a couple of reasons. First, it feels very fishy to me that Darry and his men would just happen to target Dunstan on their own. I suspect they may have been guided in his direction by information supplied by another. If so, then they were only a weapon of someone else...and that someone else is still unknown. Who knows what motivated him to strike out against Dunstan? Maybe it will be someone else next time."

"
Secondly, I may soon be in a position where the remnants of the Faith Militant will be more of a personal concern of mine, no matter who is or isn't guiding them."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:09 pm

"
Yes there seem to be quite a few occurrences at this Tourney hinting at someone pulling strings behind the scenes"
, thinking back about the whole mess with Ser Hugo Rivers, who seemingly was not acting on his on as well...

"
Somebody around Lord Dunstan has to be paid or incentivized otherwise to provide information. Maybe you could start with a short interrogation of the Tullison pages and servants?"

"
The problem with the Faith Militant is their organisation in independent cells. This ensures that only a few numbers of their members actually have useful information we could get from them, while most of them are clueless bandits without much worth for us..."

Kevan was not quite sure what to make of that last comment, so after a puzzled look, he chose not to reply on it.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:43 pm

Gwyn laughs warmly at that.

"
There are as many pages and servants in the Tullison tents as there are stars overhead,"
she quips merrily. "
I haven't the time to question them all...and if I tried I wouldn't get more than five or six in before Theomore or Yves, or both, found out what I was doing and came swooping down on me to give ME a good questioning. No, I need direction, and to get that I think I'm best starting at the actual assailants and working backwards."

"
They may have cells, but they aren't entirely independent. They talk to each other, they coordinate, at least to some extent. And there are people in the towns they operate who observe them. People who may not have the courage to step forward...but would respond to discrete inquiries, and the application of stick and carrot."

"
What I need is that foot in the door. Not even the finest hound can track without a scent, and right now I can't get that."

She paused, gazing at Kevan measuringly. "
Can you do this for me? Get me an audience with one of the prisoners...or failing that, tell me who knows what the prisoners have already divulged. I'll handle the rest."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:24 pm

Slightly shaking his head, Kevan replies: "
Well yes, there are many servants, but only few would be close enough to the decision makers at all times to be of use as spies...but I am not going to tell you how to start this investigation as this has always been more in your expertise than mine"
A little smile on his face. "
Of course I will help you. The tourney is almost over and I cannot promise any results, but I will try and talk to that Northern guardswoman and I also find out where the prisoners are held"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:38 pm

"
That's all I ask,"
Gwyn assures Kevan. "
It's very hard to get close to the inner circle of servants in the Tullison household subtly. Yves and Theomore are...very alert about that sort of thing."

Her tone implies that she's been down that road before, with unimpressive results.

"
...but it remains an option if other roads wash out."

Gwyn smiles and seems about to leave...then pauses and says, "
There is one other thing."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:08 pm

"
Yeah, I can imagine Ser Theomore is quite diligent, when somebody tries to investigate their household.."

Kevan, refocusing on his guest again, returning the smile: "
Yes Gwyn? What is it?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:22 pm

"
I don't know how familiar you are with my...history, with Lady Marsten. Corrine's mother,"
she says delicately. Gwyn steps closer to Kevan and lowers her voice in the process.

"
There's some bad blood. Muted, of course, by the fact that we share a House and that she's had all the power between us in the past. That is, however, about to change. Ser Baelon and I are striking out on our own, you see...and I'm a little concerned that Isobel, seeing me more vulnerable away from House Marsten, may find ways to make my life that much more difficult."

She smiles. "
I'm not concerned about knives in the dark or any of that. I don't think that's her way. And of course, she's not Lady anymore, so that limits what she can do. But I'd be a fool to believe that her influence ends there."

"
What I'd like you to do is...keep an eye on her, and should you believe she's up to something, let me know. And I'll be clear...I'm not looking for anything that would compromise House Marsten itself. Just Isobel, if she's plotting against me in particular. She would hide it from Corrine and Dyana, knowing they'd tell me. But she may not be aware that you and I enjoy the friendship we do."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:12 pm

"
I am sad that you leave House Marsten, I always enjoyed to have you arround. What you ask from me is not a favour, it is what I would do anyway for someone I consider a friend. Yeah, Lady Isobel is not that easy to deal with... and you two seemed to have a troubled relationship, for reasons I never really understood. But that is between you and her."

He looks Gwyn in the eyes "
Do not underestimate her, she may not be in charge of House Marsten anymore, but she still has influence and power to a certain degree. I would not want you and Baelon to be troubled in any way. I will keep my eyes open little lady"
ending that last remark with a broad smile, the members and retainers have become so accustomed to in the last couple of days

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:59 pm

Gwyn's face broke into a relieved smile and she nodded.

"
Not underestimating her is why I sought your aid,"
she said gratefully. "
Thank you. I love and trust Corrine absolutely, but until Isobel's safely packed off for the sept I am putting nothing past her."

"
Send word when you have anything about Darry...or if you need my aid for anything. I've made very few plans today, so I should be available."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down