Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D9, EA] Faint Heart Never Won Fair Lady (Closed)

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[D9, EA] Faint Heart Never Won Fair Lady (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D9, EA] Faint Heart Never Won Fair Lady (Closed)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:46 pm

"
I am glad that you will stay. I'm sure it will be a proud moment indeed. And yes, as you say, it is sad that my father will not be physically present, but I do believe he will be with us in spirit. Thank you for your kind words."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D9, EA] Faint Heart Never Won Fair Lady (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D9, EA] Faint Heart Never Won Fair Lady (Closed)

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:45 am

As the negotiations finally ended, with both parties agreeing on the terms of the marriage, Kevan was unable to keep his expression neutral as a broad smile appeared on his face. At first, he wanted to walk over to his bride, but he caught himself after a half step, turning to Lord Blackwood and Ser Tyron. "
Thank you my Lord and Ser Tyron. Lady Sofia will be safe with me, I promise!"

As Corrine and Lord Tytos discuss the timing of the marriage, he caught himself looking at Sofia several times instead of focusing at the exchange discussing the date of the wedding ceremony. At least, he manages to remember Ser Benedict's words.

"
Lord Blackwood, I am aware that our families have have different religious beliefs and we should ensure that our wedding has the blessing of the old gods as well as the seven. Is it acceptable to you and your family if we hold the ceremony in the Godswood, while also having a Septon present?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:10 am

Lord Blackwood nods.

"
Compromise, where once Marsten swords fought alongside Bracken spears to shed Blackwood blood. A most agreeable gesture Ser Kevan, I cannot find fault with it."

Lady Sofia nervously runs a land through her long black hair before closing the distance to Kevan and giving him a demure peck on the cheek.

"
Ser, my brother speaks well of you and you have rescued me from my darkest moment."

She looks troubled for a moment, before something more, curiously and cryptically.

"
I thought a bright shooting star was my rescue, but yours was a more distant but enduring light that truly showed the way to safety."

"
Whether it was the old gods or the new that sent you I care not - I look forward to marrying you beneath the eyes of the old gods and the new."

She kisses Ser Kevan again, on the the other cheek.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:13 am

Corrine smiles warmly at the pair.

"
May this alliance so happy prove to turn our households' rancor to pure love."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:25 am

Hesitating momentarily due to Sofia's break of protocoll, Keven replies: "
Mylady, I have you promised the darkest hours are beyond you and dawn was near. Now it seems the day broke and the sun has come"
Well aware of the double meaning of the word "
sun"
, with his clothings sporting the Lyras' sun coat of arms.
He returns the kiss and places an arm around his bride.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:45 am

Corrine clasps her hands together with a little clap.

"
Excellent. We shall begin planning presently. I'm sure Lord Tully will be delighted that now three auspicious weddings are to take place beneath his roof."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:57 am

Kevan Lyras wrote:Hesitating momentarily due to Sofia's break of protocoll, Keven replies: "
Mylady, I have you promised the darkest hours are beyond you and dawn was near. Now it seems the day broke and the sun has come"
Well aware of the double meaning of the word "
sun"
, with his clothings sporting the Lyras' sun coat of arms.
He returns the kiss and places an arm around his bride.

Sofia should seem even thinner and fragile against the solid knight, but somehow she seems to draw strength from his presence.

"
I will be your and you mine Ser Kevan."

Even the previously stern Lord Blackwood breaks in to a smile at his previously traumatised daughter's romantic sentiment.

[/scene from my part after any parting words]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:01 am

After a few parting pleasantries, and an invitation to tea in the near future from Corrine to Lady Sofia, the Marsten contingent take their leave.

[/scene for me]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:08 am

Kevan bows towards the Blackwoods and gives his bride a last kiss on the cheek, before following his liege lady out of the pavilion.
"
Thank you Lady Corrine and also you Ser Benedict, for your support!"

[/scene]

Last edited by 157 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:11 am

Corrine places a hand on Kevan's shoulder as they walk, smiling warmly;

"
You are as family to me, Kevan. I look after my family."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2