Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plump Dumplings

2 posters

Go down

Plump Dumplings Empty Plump Dumplings

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:54 pm

As Septon Arlyn approached the squat building placed high on a hill he marveled at how it appeared to be holding on precariously, with the steep incline surrounding the plateau providing a natural green contrast to the white speckled grey stone that made up its walls. The winding path that he proceeded up was a zig zag of switchbacks, the dirt was worn smooth and only tufts of grass noticeable by the many travelers whom had come to find the shelter and healing of the Septas that resided inside. The Abbey was rumored to have been founded by a great healer, one whom could work miricles and bring people back from the brink of death, in reality it was founded by a forgotten lord whom had built the small structure as a defensible position but found he could not maintain the men or the upkeep on the barracks so instead had gifted it to the faith as a way to repay some of his debts he owed. The Lord and his family where destroyed in the Targaren conquest but the Abbey lived on, wisely choosing neutrality and treating injured from both sides. Septon Arlyn knew the true story because he spent time in the library of this Abbey, little more then a closet with some books. Septon Arlyn found the history written by Vinka Halee, one of the first most devoted caretakers of the abby, who had written about the first years of the Abby Bejte and struggles that the Abbey had faced in her Journal.

Septon Arlyn had been there before, he spent a great deal of time learning the healing arts from the Septas. The mother of the Abbey was a harsh women, but she loved and cared for the smallfolk and nobles that came to her seeking aid. Now it was Septon Arlyns turn to seek aid, of a different sort then what she normally offers. As Septon Arlyn came to the doors he paused for a moment before knocking. In part to catch his breath after the rigorous climb, but looking at the sturdy Oak doors with an Effigies to the seven carved into the paneling. "
It really is quite beautiful"
he thinks to himself. Then raising the large brass knocker, one like he had seen in Deepen Halls cellars before, he lets out a resounding thud that he hears echo behind the door into the Septries hallways. Giving a few minutes with no answer the Septon Raises the knocker again and lets it fall, echos bouncing with a joyous noise, Almost seeming to whisper "
VISITOR, visitor, visit... tor..."
The door opens and the Septon is greeted by a women with her hair pulled back and tied off with a simple cloth, the white apron over her simple grey garment is smudged with grime and dirt, a small crystal necklace is hung between her apron stings and the light from the midday sun catches it, reflecting rainbows across her dirty face, clothing and entryway. Taking a moment to wipe off her face she bows to Septon Arlyn, "
Your Holiness, it has been some time since you have visited us. I hear you have earned yourself a post in the Sept on the Hearth."

Returning the bow Septon Arlyn responds "
It is true, I have been elevated to that post, although I do miss visiting you Septa Mira, especially on chicken dumpling day."
The Septon Arlyn gives a mischievous grin, knowing that it is the worst kept secret in the valley that Septa Mira's chicken dumplings where the closest thing to the heavens on earth that someone could get, everyone shows up on chicken dumpling day when they hear that Septa Mira had chefs duty and gladly pay the extra penny for the privilege. Septa Mira had been a cook in a lords kitchen before she took her vows, and only did that because the Lady of the house found out about her Dalliances with her Lord Husband and so gave him the choice, either the cook leaves or she did. Very few people knew that story but Septon Arlyn had guessed correctly due to his time frequenting both halls she served in.

Septa Mira gave a laugh. "
I don't suppose you will be staying for supper. Now tell me, what brings you to Bejte? It's a long way from Lord Dulvers lands to here, I doubt this visit is just congenial."

"
You are correct again Septa Mira, with a mind as sharp as yours I'm glad you have found your way into the service of the Gods,"
Septa Mira gives a slight blush at the kindly Septon's praise. "
So tell me, would it be possible to speak to the Septa in charge? I hear that their has been a change of leadership here at Bejte as well."

"
Of course,"
Says Septa Mira, "
Right this way"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Plump Dumplings Empty Re: Plump Dumplings

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:55 pm

OOC: if you wish to jump straight to intrigue, here's her initiative: [url=septa initiative][/url]: 3d6 9

As Arlyn walks through the halls he sees a bustling activity. Many devotees has heard of the famous septon and has come out to see him again. The crowd only ceases when he is led to the meeting room where a stern middle aged woman is kneeling in front of a statue of the stranger. Septa Mira swiftly exits the room, so that Arlyn is left alone with the septa in charge.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:53 am

"
Septa"
, Septon Arlyn clears his throat before he begins. "
Your holiness,"
He states respectfully. "
I was wondering if you could help me with an issue. You see I have Lord Dulvers blessing to build an orphanage on his lands, I even have gathered some support from Jason Lannister and Pyter Mallister to help fund the orphanage. However what I am in need of is people to help run the orphanage. I wanted to know if you and your Septry could help provide some Septas to help run the orphanage."

[url=Status roll vs Head Septa][/url]: 3d6 6
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:46 am

"
Your concern for the smallfolk commends you. An orphanage could aid the small folk well, if they are taught properly. If septas are provided, that would certainly happen. My only concern is whether or not the septas are best spent in the mountain reaches, after all, there are more orphans down here to help..."
The septa seems interested, but without committing yet.
OOC
[url=read septon][/url]: 4d6k3 15
Intrigue defence 8
Intrigue health 16
Disposition amiable (fellow man of the church.)

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:04 pm

"
Your Holiness, While it is true there are many orphans in the riverlands that need our support, my vision for this orphanage is to be a place of safety for all orphans, from all the surrounding lands, not just from Lord Dulvers lands. Think about the peace and prosperity that could be had if people had assurances that even if they were to meet the stranger that their children would still be cared for."

(OOC I'm assuming she is status 3 because of initiative dice so favored of the smallfolk would apply/ if she has favored she would get the bonus die as well)

Intrigue Status Septon Arlyn
ID 9
Composure 12
Frustration 0
Disposition :amiable DR 3 (fellow member of the faith. )

Technique convince
4 damage per DOS

[url=Convince the Septa to provide support to the orphanage (Favored of the smallfolk)][/url]: 6d6k5 20 +1

3 DOS * 4 = 12 damage to composure
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:06 pm

Intrigue defence 8
Composure 7 /16
frustration 0
Disposition:amiable.
[url=septa convince][/url]: 5d6k4 20 (3dos×5will=15 Influence.)
Goal: convince Arlyn to work directly for the cloister.

Having measured the septon, she sees his qualities, and see his potential in her cloister. "
Surely we may help you with all your needs, but if you were to be placed in our cloister, you'd be able to do much more good! Think of all the men and women you may bring fully to the gods. Come join our cloister, and we may help the orphans even better."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:40 pm

Septon Arlyn takes one frustration

Intrigue Status Septon Arlyn
ID 9
Composure 8/12
Frustration 1/4
Disposition :amiable DR 3 (fellow member of the faith.

Technique Charm

5 damage Per DOS

She wishes me to join the septry. That is a very interesting offer but I can not let down Walton Dulver. He will have a need of some good counsel when he become Lord."
Your holiness, that would be a great honor. The tales of the miricles that can be preformed by this Septry have been spread as far north as the Wall, and as far south as Dorne I have heard. I hear of regular pilgrimages from Kings Landing of people coming to seek your healing or to join your holy order. I believe that is why the gods have chosen you to lead this Septry, you have the force of will to guide this Septry in the light of the Gods. Would it not be the gods plan to spread apart those whom are able to make the greatest impact for good, godly change in this world? So that all of there children can hear the truth of the seven pointed star?"

[url=Piously charm the septa][/url]: 7d6k5 20 + 1 from DR and spend a DP to convert the 2 bonus die to a test die = 23 - 8= 15 or 4 DOS *5= 20 damage to composure
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:15 pm

OOC: The septa doesn't take frustration, so she goes down.

She considers this for some time before answering: "
I believe you are right, we will send with you an experienced septa to help you in your endevours, if you may stay to tomorrow, I will have time to make the arrangements. Make yourself at home, a room will be available for you forthwith."
She gives a rare smile: "
Who knows, I've heard it may be chicken dumpling day."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:23 am

"
Thank you our holiness, your hospitality is much appreciated."
Septon's Arlyns eyes light up at the thought of the chicken dumplings. "
I would be most honored to dine with you in your hall, your holiness."
With that Septon Arlyn gives a big grin and dismisses himself from the room.

/Scene
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum