Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The hunter becomes the hunted...

Go down

The hunter becomes the hunted... Empty The hunter becomes the hunted...

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:30 pm

Survival(Track)- [url=Off season Activities-Roll 1][/url]: 5d6 25 4DoS
Survival(Hunt)-[url=Off season Activities-Roll 2- Hunting][/url]: 5d6 17 2 DoS
*One bonus die converted to test die- Great Hunter Feat
Fighting(Spears)-[url=Off season Activities-Roll 3- Spears][/url]: 4d6k3+4 18 +2 Bonus from Roll 2 Dos= 20 total 3DoS
*Survival rank added to Fighting test-Great Hunter Feat
Persausion(Charm)- [url=Off season Activities-Roll 4- Charm][/url]: 4d6k3 15 +4 bonus from Roll 1 DoS=19 total 3 DoS

Luecian gathers his gear and stops by to gather up young Yip and his dogs. Yip is a local orphan boy who helps keep some of House Dulver's hounds and it was a common agreement that the hounds possessed better grooming habits than the boy. "
Yip, gonna need your hounds today. You'd think it be enough that I've brought in string of trout, a few rabbits and a stag so far this week but no someone's got a powerful itch up their bottom for pork. No doubtin they asked until they found the one thing not available and then decided they just had eat that tonight."

"
Master Luecian! Can I come??? I can help take care of the hounds for ya...come on can I, can I???"
screamed Yip excitedly.
"
Aye lad, if the houndsman still away you can tag along to help but your gonna have to keep that trap shut, aye?."
Yip yells "
Yes!!!!!"
as he rounds up his dogs and follows Luecian out of town.

Luecian ventures into the hills outside of town to a large thicket of shrubs not too far from a nearby small stream. This is one of their favorite spots, with a bit of luck I'll find some recent signs here. There's got to be some hoof tracks, messings or some recently grubbed up roots nearby. He crouches down close to the ground and scans the area, warning Yip to keep himself and the dogs quiet. "
Gotcha"
he exclaims under his breath as he notices a trail of grubbed up roots with a pile of recent and potent droppings a few feet away. Phew,My nose alone should have found this minutes ago.That's some potent funk. Moving on he spots a fresh trail of hoof tracks leading through the thicket aways towards the nearby stream.

He pulls out a stretch of boar hide from his pack and hands it to Yip. Yip gives all the dogs a few good whiffs of it and then they took off running. With noses to the ground they start baying like crazy a few yards away. "
Try and keep up lad"
whispers Luecian as he takes off in pursuit of the hounds. He looks back once to make sure Yip is still trailing him, satisfied he picks up a bit more speed. He soon comes upon a fair sized boar cornered against a large fallen tree across a dried up portion of the stream bank. Two of the hounds are still yapping to keep the boar at bay while the other two dogs try to pounce in on the boar and grip it in their jaws.

Spear in hand Luecian approachs cautiously,"
Come on boy we can do this the easy way or the hard way.."
he whispers as he enters the boars range. With him distracting the boar, one of the hounds manages to close it's jaws around the boar's neck and quick to take advantage Luecian drives his spear into the boar a few inches from the hound's powerful jaws. Hound and hunter both lock their grips as the dying boar thrashes wildly and finally lays still."
Whew, surely I prefer the my bow but no denying thats a powerful rush there."
he notes aloud as Yip finally catches up to them.

"
You got em, you get em! I missed the killing blow but you got em! My dogs did great didn't they, didn't they??"

"
Yea kid they were great, did their job which is all I can ask"
. Yip beams with pride at Luecian and hugs the nearest hound.

Finishing up with prepping the dead boar and now a bit bloody and worse for wear, Luecian decides to clean himself a bit in the stream and let a little fresh water out himself before they head back. Yip stays back with the hounds to watch their take and Luecian wanders a bit away, dipping hands and face into the stream and lastly relieving some water pressure of his own. Suddenly he hears a round of loud growling/barking and the boy's scream.

"
Shit!"
he yells as he tries to finish up and get his trousers situated well enough before picking up his spear and running quickly back that direction. As he comes into view, he sees a large striped cat fighting the dogs and they boy yelling 'Don't hurt my dogs!' at it. What the fuck is a shadowcat doing out here... he ponders before sprinting into the fray. Before he can quite make it there the beast has incapacitates three of the dogs and the fourth is trying to maintain its bite on the cat's shoulder. As he gets almost in range the cat slaps Yip with a sharp claw and the boy falls in agony to the ground. "
Noooo!"
Luecian yells as he closes range with the cat. In turn the cat charges him and slaps a powerful claw across his face, Luecian reacts thrusting the spear deep in the beast's chest and driving it with all his might. The cat yelps in agony and manages to snap at his neck taking a good chuck from his shoulder instead. Man and beast entangle for moments, both thrashing and twisting until finally the shadowcat lay still.

Luecian quickly gets up and slices the cat's jugular for good measure before checking on the fallen boy."
Yip lad, you okay lad??"
he questions the boy but his face falls in sadness as he turns the boy over and realizes he's already moved on from this world. He mourns for a moment before he spots one of the hounds still moving and decides to check on the mutt, its what the boy would have wanted, he tells himself as his eyes mist over a bit.

A few weeks later Luecian is drinking at his favorite local spot, "
The Stone Keg"
, when he poses a familiar question to his drinking mates..."
Did any of you hear about the time I killed a boar and a shadowcat with only a break to piss in between..."
A few grumpy fellows gripe "
yes, we know we know"
but the majority of the crowd yell at him eagerly to tell them the story one more time.

"
Well"
Luecian starts "
it all began when me Lord Dulver had a powerful hankering for some pork or maybe it was his lady wife or one of their oh so noble guests...meh its unimportant to the point. So I'm sent out on the trail of a boar you see..."
To Yip he toasts silently at the end of his story, feeling a bit guilty for omitting the dog boy from his story.

(OOC-Disclaimer-let me assure that no poor orphan dog boys or actual dogs were harmed in the writing of this story)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down