Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D1, MM] Calling First Upon the Rampant Stallion

+7
Baelon Drakeson
Theomore Tullison
Yoren longshore
Athelstan
Lady Corrine Marsten
Kevan Lyras
Reader
11 posters

Go down

[D1, MM] Calling First Upon the Rampant Stallion Empty [D1, MM] Calling First Upon the Rampant Stallion

Post by Reader Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:20 pm

[Before arrival] These are uncertain times, or as Grandmaester Orwyle says, perhaps “the only certainty now seems violence”.
The roads are watched, and the site of the royal justicars, or even unknown figures on the road, will prompt swift riders to return home and for the concealment of crimes to begin. Does justice ride a swifter steed?

- Awareness (Notice): 12
- If Awareness check is passed (by ANYONE in your house) you may make an Animal Handling (Ride): TN 13 [superior steed gives +1 to this check [you may carry a passenger but must note this on your roll and it causes a -3 penalty]
- If animal handling check is passed, the character in question arrives in time to uncover a minor clue.

- Stealth (any) TN 9 may be attempted if character passes teh animal handling check and arrives in time
- Critical failure = diplomatic indicdent caused while character is alone
- Success = clue upgraded to superior clue with evidence.

[Upon arrival] Lord Haig Bracken is a powerful man, both as a warrior and in the courts. His fierce eyes bore in to you as you carry out the traditional greetings and take bread and salt, his greeting as much a challenge as ceremony. Here is a man who wants dependable, valiant friends and even worthier foes to test himself against.

Upon Arrival
- Status (Breeding): TN 12 [remember bonuses from head of house, breeding/anointed] +3 to this check if calling at a House you support (check your house’s objective thread) first.

- Persuasion/Deception: TN 12

Bread &
Salt Results

- Per DoS = 1B to be used in a future investigation test, as you positive impression earns you a warmer welcome when questioning the king’s subjects and information on what to look for and where.
- Five or more DoS = shift Lord’s disposition towards you or another character by one step (once per character).
- Highest total: +1 glory.
- Critical failure on either roll: record “-1 discipline penalty” in your houses’s forum and a member of the appropriate House’s disposition shifts down one step [Narrator’s choice].
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D1, MM] Calling First Upon the Rampant Stallion Empty Re: [D1, MM] Calling First Upon the Rampant Stallion

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:51 pm

Ser Kevan enters the hall wearing a dark tunic with House Lyras' sun emblem embroided on its chest. In addition he wears a cape in dark red showing the king's coat of arms on the shoulder to signify his role in the investigation as one of the crown's chosen men for this tribunal.
The Beast of Bracken, he certainly does not want to see me here...
He formally greets Lord Haigh and accepts the offered bread and salt. "
Thank you Lord Bracken. I fully understand that these investigations are displeasing for you and your family and it is also not an easy task for us, called by the king to act. I am well aware that my marriage with Sofia Blackwood taints my neutrality in your eyes, but I can assure you that House Marsten will make sure that this tribunal will not be biased in any way."

Rolls
Before Arrival:
[url=Awareness (Rampant Stallion)][/url]: 3d6 5 (Uff, I'd need the sharp eyes of a friend to guide me the way then..)
Edit: Corrine passed the roll:
[url=Ride (Rampant Stallion)][/url]: 6d6k3 16
[url=Stealth (Rampant Stallion)][/url]: 2d6 7 + 2 BoTA = 9 (Yay, clumsy Ser Kevan succeds at a stealth check)
(RP to come once I know of which nature the clue is)

Bread and Salt:
[url=Status (Rampant Stallion)][/url]: 4d6+2 16
[url=Persuasion (Rampant Stallion)][/url]: 4d6 18
[url=Persuasion (Reroll of the 2, due to BotA)][/url]: 1d6 3 = Total of 19
Total 3 DoS: 3 Bonus Dice for Investigation scenes

Last edited by 157 on Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D1, MM] Calling First Upon the Rampant Stallion Empty Re: [D1, MM] Calling First Upon the Rampant Stallion

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:39 pm

[url=Awareness - Notice][/url]: 3d6 13

"
Quite so,"
Lady Corrine agrees, sweeping over to stand beside Kevan, with a poised smile of greeting. Her cloak bears the sigil of the inquisitors of the King's Justice, but she wears the Marsten colours.

"
There has been enough feuding and bloodshed for many lifetimes."

She partakes of the bread and salt with a graceful solemnity.

[url=Status - Breeding][/url]: 6d6+2 27 (4DoS = 4B to future investigation test)

[url=Persuasion][/url]: 5d6k5 15
[url=Attractive reroll][/url]: 1d6 3
Total = 17 (2DoS = 2B to future investigation test)

(6DoS total - Lord Bracken's disposition towards Corrine increases one step.)

Last edited by 151 on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:46 pm; edited 5 times in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:03 pm

Athelstan walks into the hall looking at the tapestries and other niceties within almost forgetting himself for a moment, but came to hopefully fast enough before braking any etiquette bowing deeply to lord Bracken which ended up showing his dark red small cape bearing the King's emblem as one of the investigators, but he bears no heraldry of House Longshore, just a sea green vest adorned with silver trims, but no Longshore embroidery. Athelstan returns the fierce eyes onto lord Bracken and formally greets Lord Haigh Bracken and accepts the offered bread and salt, even tho he could tell it was only offered out of courtesy and obligation at best.

"
I'm forever grateful Lord Bracken and my thanks for receiving one such as me"
yet Athelstan's eyes are defiant and fierce raising to the challenge if there was any to be had "
I will investigate and find evidence of any wrong doing, I take this task only at the command of the king and will do my utmost to find the truth of what has transpired in your lands and behind the Blackwood claims"
a tinge of favoring the Brackens, but nonetheless remaining neutral for appearances sake.

[ooc]Will wait for Yoren's Awareness roll to see if he notices anything, and edit if necessary[/ooc]

[url=Awareness][/url]: 3d6k3 6 (oh wow... orokos... just wow...)
[url=Status][/url]: 3d6k3+3 10 - (At least it's not a critical fail)
[url=Persuasion][/url]: 3d6k3 13 - +1B for Investigation

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:25 pm

Trotting alongside his retinue Yoren sees something strange, though he doesn't quite recognise it untill his retainer points it out to him. He points it out to Athelstan before hurrying to it himself. However, not being the best of riders Yoren fails to get over there in time.
[url=Awareness for day one calling first upon Bracken][/url]: 3d6 11
[url=Awareness for day one calling first upon Bracken assist][/url]: 3d6 13
[url=Ride towards clue][/url]: 3d6 5 (crit fail)

After this the uneventful journey ends in the great hall where Yoren performs the cermony of bread and salt without too much enthusiasm, but not horribly failing either.
[url=Visions of Rh'llor for dice][/url]: 6d6k5 19
[url=Visions of Rh'llor dice][/url]: 1d6 3
[url=Assisting Yoren's status][/url]: 3d6 13
[url=status for bread and salt.][/url]: 4d6 10+3 from Bracken support for 13+ 1 from assist for 14+3 from visions of Rh'llor for 17.
After his lackluster performance a small man comes up to Yorens side and declares Yoren a true supporter, It's a little unorthodox, but it sways Haigh Bracken exeptionally well, to such an extent that Yorens performance is all but forgotten. The support he gets visibly straightens Yoren, and now he seems to tower over even the martial Haigh Bracken.
[url=assist to convince Bracken of friendly intentions][/url]: 5d6k4 15
[url=Convince haigh of friendly intentions][/url]: 9d6k6+2 30
(Total of 6 dos and 47 total rolled.) Haighs relations improved by one and 6bd granted.

It comes as no surprise when twelve Longshore men all move into luxurious Bracken quarters.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:24 pm

Having friends in low places does help sometimes, one of them made Theomore figure that he might want to make great haste towards Lord Bracken's seat, being early had it's advantages, even though he much preferred the evenings and nights. Good thing he has his Fossoway steed. Raff dismounts just outside the walls to go in first to walk among the hustle and bustle to see what his inconspicuousness might earn him. Theomore then enters a while after, mentally preparing himself for what he would say. He bows deeply, partaking in bread and salt with a demeanor quite fitting for the situation, before presenting himself.

"
My Lord Bracken, Mountain's Reach bids you greetings in these troubled times. I can assure you that House Tullison will expend every effort to deliver fair justice for the good of the realm."

[url=awareness][/url]: 4d6 15 Success
[url=Riding double][/url]: 6d6k4-2 17 Success
[url=stealth][/url]: 5d6k4 18 Success
[url=status][/url]: 4d6+1 [url=luck reroll][/url]: 4d6+1 [url=DP for +1b][/url]: 1d6+18 +2 BoA 22 3 DoS
[url=deception][/url]: 5d6k4+4 18 2 DoS

I get major clue, 5b for investigations, Lord Bracken's disposition towards Theo improves by one step.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:03 pm

[Before arrival]

While traveling to Warrior's Seat, Baelon sees a rider in Bracken colors dashing off towards the castle, but he hesitates for fear of leaving Gwyn behind, and does not give chase.
- Awareness (Notice): 12
[url=Rampant Stallion Awareness(notice)][/url]: 3d6 12

- Animal Handling (Ride): TN 13
[url=Rampant Stallion Animal Handling(ride)][/url]: 4d6 9 Surprised

[Upon Arrival]

"
Lord Haig, truly it is a pleasure to see you again - though it is a shame that it is under these circumstances.
It is my vow to you that I will seek out the truth behind the accusations and the slanders."

- Status (Breeding): TN 12
[url=Rampant Stallion Status(Breeding)][/url]: 4d6+2 18 (2 Dos)

- Persuasion/Deception: TN 12
[url=Rampant Stallion Persuasion(charm)][/url]: 6d6k5+2 18 1d5 1 1d5 2 (3 1s...) ->
[url=Rampant Stallion Persuasion(Charm) lucky reroll][/url]: 6d6k5+2 25 2#1d5 4 2 (0 1s) ->
25 (3 DoS)
[OOC: If I had used the "
ro1"
ending this would have been almost guaranteed to be at least a 22 for a 3rd DoS and I wouldn't have used lucky... it can make a difference.]

Bread &
Salt Results

5 DoS:
5b to be used in investigations
Lord Haig's Disposition towards Baelon increases by 1 (up to friendly Very Happy )

Total 43
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:25 am

Gwyn was distracted by the rider, and momentarily off her game...but of all things her septa's drilled instructions on a lady's bearing and dignity saved her from embarrassment, as did her instinctive understanding of how best to capitalize on her maidenly good looks to cover for her lack of eloquent words in accepting the ceremony. As it was, she came off as pious and beautiful and mysterious, rather than merely distracted and tongue-tied.

Status (Breeding): 24 (!! maxed!) (3DoS)
[url=Status (breeding) at bread and salt][/url]: 6d6k4 24

Persuasion (Charm): 12
[url=Persuade (Charm) in bread and salt][/url]: 6d6k4 12

Hotness reroll of two 1's: 2 and 5, bringing Persuasion total to 17 (2 DoS)
[url=Hotness reroll of 1s in bread and salt][/url]: 2d6 7

Total: 41, 5DoS, Haigh's disposition raised.

Last edited by 127 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:39 pm

[OOC:

+1 glory to Yoren Longshore, although I'll have to review that Cohort's stats.
+1 glory to Corrine, given the cohort madness above.

The narrator should largely carry the burden for cohort balance issues, not players.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:58 pm

Lord Haig Bracken greets his guests warmly and generously - bread may be in short supply for the smallfolk after winter's grasp and war's ravages, but there is wine aplenty at least in the Warrior's Seat.

Ser Kevan Lyras gets a warrior's handshake but a wary greeting. "
My household can but pray that matters are not decided by judicial duel Ser Kevan. Few could hope to last more than a pass against the runner-up at Riverrun's great tourney. Your knightly virtues are not confined to the tilting yard either Ser - you show the Father's wisdom in coming here first rather than favouring marriage ties."
Even experienced courtiers struggle to contain their shock at Lord Bracken's typical boldness.

Lady Corrine receives a deep bow. "
My lady. A pleasure to welcome the Seven's light down from the mountain. We hope the Sept at the Warrior's Chapel serves for prayer while the Septry in Battle Valley is repaired."
He shakes his head ruefully.

Athelstan seems to make little impression on Lord Bracken, earning merely a cursory nod. The ironborn's bastard birth and kin-slaying seem to earn him little but contempt in Lord Bracken's eyes, but his lowly status is elevated a little but his fine bearing.

In contrast, Yoren receives a deep bow and a place of honour beside Lord Bracken, making it clear the warrior Lord bears the ironborn house itself no ill will.

Ser Theomore and Lord Drakeson both receive warm welcomes, unsurprising given Lord Bracken's previous dealings with both men and their martial exploits. His daughter, Lady Kerry Bracken is a beautiful young woman and favours Ser Baelon in particular with a polite curtsey and a flirtatious look. She wears a modest gown, but there are hints of the typical buxom figure straining for Lord Drakeson's attention.

Lord Bracken's fondness for Ser Baelon extends to his lady wife. "
As with your Lady cousin, I hope the terrors of war and the sins committed against the faith House Marsten holds so dear do not trouble your womanly heart too deeply."
Lord Bracken sits her beside her husband, perhaps better to keep an eye on the infamously lascivious Lord Drakeson, or perhaps Lord Bracken is unaware of his daughter's roaming eye...
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:07 pm

Athelstan presses his horse onward arriving before Yoren, as he struggles to control his, but slowing down and trying to approach with caution once he begins to get close.

[url=Ride for clue][/url]: 6d6k4 21
[url=Stealth for Big Clue][/url]: 2d6 9

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:43 pm

Reader wrote:Lady Corrine receives a deep bow. "
My lady. A pleasure to welcome the Seven's light down from the mountain. We hope the Sept at the Warrior's Chapel serves for prayer while the Septry in Battle Valley is repaired."
He shakes his head ruefully.

"
My father used to say that the Gods see us everywhere, and therefore, everywhere is a Sept,"
Corrine replies politely, though with a hint of sadness. "
The Chapel will be more than suitable. It is a terrible thing to have lost a light of the Seven to vandalism. You have my deepest sympathies. The culprits will find justice."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:22 am

Lord Haig nods, seemingly satisfied at Corrine's words.

The morning's pleasantries continue, form and ritual still having their place in Westeros despite the devastation in Battle Valley and beyond.

[OOC: /scene, beyond any response to Lord Bracken's welcome from PCs]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:13 am

"
We of faith are of hardier stock than that, my Lord,"
Gwyn replies solemnly. "
Faith that is untested is thin and untempered iron. May we walk away from these dark days with nothing but fine steel in our hearts."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:45 am

Darron joins the other members of house Longshore on there way to Lord Brackens hall, equiped like the other members of the Longshore retinue he doesnt stand out much from the rank and file and that suits him for now. This is his first major experience interacting with noble born that arent of house Longshore and arent trying to kill him. Hes experienced many a batlle but this of all things is making him nervous he thinks to himself. The trek has been long and dull a good ambush would be welcome at this point but instead Darron finds his eyes wandering until something catchs his eye. Unsure what it is and lacking the interest to break from the group he sends his observation up the line. Maybe one of the scouts or something will look into it he thinks to himself.

[url=Awareness][/url]: 3d6k3 13

Once the retinue arrives at Lord Brackens hall Darron follows suit with the others and takes part in the bread and salt ceremoney. The fierce eyes of Lord Bracken eventually meet Darron during the ceremoney and he attempts to make small talk but makes a blunder in refering to Lord Bracken as The Bracken before quickly trying to correct himself but words cant be pulled back like a fishing line. Darron letting his nerves get to him bows his head and attempts to follow suit with the other Longshore men.

[url=Status][/url]: 3d6k3+3 15 +1B On future investigation test.

[url=Persuasion][/url]: 3d6k3 8 Minor failure
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:35 pm

It was unsurprising that a noted for of Ser Myles Blacwood should call first with the Brackens. However the frosty reception Darron received suggested Lord Braken was keen at least give the appearance of being willing to make peace rather than risk worsening the conflict by feting a Blackwood foe.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:36 am

[url=The Warrior's Seat Awareness][/url]: 4d6k4 17 vs TN 12 - Success.
[url=The Warrior's Seat Animal Handling][/url]: 6d6k4 22 vs TN 13 - Success.
[url=The Warrior's Seat Stealth][/url]: 2d6k2 11 vs TN 9 - Success.

Clue upgraded to Superior clue with evidence.

[url=The Warrior's Seat Status][/url]: 3d6k3 7 vs TN 12 - Failure.
[url=The Warrior's Seat Persuasion][/url]: 3d6k3 11 + 2 BotA = 13 vs TN 12 - 1 DoS

+1B for future investigation test.

Ser Jon had joined his former tutor Ser Theomore for the journey to the Warrior's Seat. The young knight hadn't been in the Riverlands long and was already involved in an investigation. While riding Ser Jon had noticed something, what it was he wasn't quite sure, but the desire to know propelled him to make all due haste to the Warrior's Seat.

Upon arrival Ser Jon stayed with Theomore while Raff was sent ahead. Small talk was made about years past until the time was to enter was decided. Unlike Theomore, Jon appeared to be of little consequence to Lord Haigh. "
Lord Haigh,"
Jon bowed his head under the withering gaze of Haigh, "
may the Father judge us all fairly."
It was an attempt to show comradery through the faith of the Seven. It didn't appear to be successful.

Jon couldn't help but notice Lady Kerry's... disposition towards Baelon. Lucky bastard. Jon smiled at the pun.
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Triston Tollett Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:33 pm

Triston Tollett knew he was to catch up with Jon, his long time friend, but he didn't ride fast enough nor push his rounsey hard.  He didn't really want to do this anyway, but he went forward regardless of his misgivings.

The Warrior's Seat Animal Handling/Ride: 3d6k3 12

OOC: Using Jon's awareness roll.  Failed ride, no clue.

He arrived late.  Triston frowned deeply as he walked into the hall with a lack of time to prepare, bathe, or make himself look presentable.  At first, he looked for Jon, but before he could say or do anything, he was being pushed forward to make his introduction.

Triston bowed, "My lord, I am Triston Tollett of Grey Glen."  He didn't really know what else to say, "In service to House Tullison."  He rose, "Apologies," the man says as he slinks to the back of the room looking for Jon to express how awkward he felt.

The Warrior's Seat Status/Breeding: 3d6k3 11

OOC: Status/Breeding Failure

The Warrior's Seat Persuasion: 3d6k3 7

OOC: Persuasion Failure

OOC: Hope I did this correctly.  It not, smack me.
Triston Tollett
Triston Tollett

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm

Jon read the situation rightly, the great Beast of Bracken had grown bored by now of low-ranking knights, half suspecting many of the Tullison guests of being Black spies. Men of their rank should be out patrolling Battle Valley, not lengthening his day with their tedious, timid introductions.

By the looks of them Jon and Triston were men he longed to face on the tourney fields or in a melee and smite with his greatsword, not bandy words with! Lord Bracken consoled himself with this thought as he gestured for the two to remove themselves from his presence.

[1 glory to Ser Jon Templeton in lieu of the superior clue he should have received. He rides down deserters and helps restore order to Battle Valley thanks to his swift steed and keen eye.

Lord Haigh Bracken's disposition towards Jon Templeton and Triston Tollet deterioriates to dislike - please note this in your personal forum.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down