Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D1, EM] A Perceived Urgency

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D1, EM] A Perceived Urgency Empty [D1, EM] A Perceived Urgency

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:12 pm

After reading the letter received by Corrine, Ben immediately had Strax saddled and Ellie rounded up. They departed with in moments for Pennytree, at a full gallop.

Ellie leaned in close to be heard. "
What's going on, Ben?"

With out looking back he shouts. "
A friend has advised we looking in to the matter at Pennytree immediately."

Ellie asked Ben no more questions. She had been briefed on the current situations. Her mind did wonder though. What friend is this that I don't know?

[url=AH Ride(Pennytree by EM)][/url]: 5d6k3 15-3 for passenger, +1 super steed TN 9

When they arrive they set right to work getting a feel from the inhabitants of Pennytree. Ellie had learned long ago if you tell someone what they want to hear and not how you feel it goes a long ways. Her small and harmless demeanor also went a long way to loosen lips.

[url=Deception(charm)][/url]: 7d6k4+2 25

When the whereabouts of the alleged attack were determined they moved to the site. Ben walked the site numerous times, looking for ambush spots, high vantage points, and signs of battle.

[url=Warfare Pennytree bonus die B&
S][/url]: 4d6k3+1 15

With a thorough predication on the conflict formed, it was time to find any trail or clue left by antagonist. The two strode about the countryside following signs here and there.

[url=Survival Pennytree][/url]: 2d6+1 8

Ellie takes a moment after all is done to hit the mean streets of Pennytree hoping any info they had gathered would give her a chance to find that guy who knows a guy.

[url=Knowledge(streetwise)][/url]: 4d6k3+1 11
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D1, EM] A Perceived Urgency Empty Re: [D1, EM] A Perceived Urgency

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:42 pm

Ellie stops what she is doing her head cocks sideways. She raises her hand to block the rising sun. Then looks back to Ben and gives him a nudge with her elbow.

"
What is it, Ellie? We do not have time for games."
Ben turns to see her standing with her hand on her hip and a smug expression.

"
Well Theo likes games. Perhaps I will go play with him."
She rolls her eyes as she makes her way towards where she had just seen Ser Theomore.

Ben gave a frown and shrug to indicate he was sorry as he followed her.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:16 pm

"
Good morning, ser, my lady."
Theomore greets. "
Good to see you! Less pleasant circumstances than we could hope for, but you know, one good thing about war is how it brings people together."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Ellie curtsies and gives a brilliant smile, pleased to see an old acquaintance and happy to be done working for now. "
Good day, Ser."

"
Hello Ser Theomore. It is a pleasure amongst unpleasant tasks."
Ben gives Theomore nod and flat smile. His demeanor obviously spoiled by his current duties.

On the subject war and bringing people together Ben scans for any other members of house Tullison. "
Are you traveling ahead of the others?"
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:30 am

Only the sight of Rafford studying the ground where Theomore came from can be seen. "
Not exactly, my nephew and niece are on their way to Raventree, I'll be headed to Warrior's seat, and I figured I might as well take a slight detour, see this place for myself before everyone else tramples all over it. Though I must say I am surprised to see you here though, I had thought that the death of Lord Blackwood would be on the top of your priorities?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:12 pm

"
Ah. I will be headed to Raventree upon departing these ... duties. Mainly to thank the for the invite and offer the family condolences. Whoever struck down Lord Blackwood has already covered the tracks and will have little chance to do further covering. This place and a few other scenes can be as you said trampled on or disturbed. Besides as harsh as it sounds it will be best for me to look impartial."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:38 pm

"
Best for you to look impartial, ser?"
Theomore cocks his head to one side. "
I think that will be considerably more difficult than being impartial, and that goes double for the likes of us."

"
But no matter, impartial or no, this doesn't quite look like what I had hoped to find."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:34 pm

"
Impartial justice is my goal. As you say appearances are what most will judge me on not my words, so I will try not to give fuel for their fires."

Looking about Ben nods in agreement. "
If it is any sign of the week to come, it is going to get messy."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:58 am

"
I must say, such an attitude seems both admirable and naive to my eyes, ser"
Theomore scratches the back of his head "
We are beyond the point where impartial justice can coexist with peace I fear. And justice have always been about striking the balance between conflicting concerns, right and wrong we have always left for the father above to judge."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:10 am

"
The King's justice will be served with the Father as witness and punishment be fit of the Old ways. Many will find displeasure in this and with House Marsten. We will weather their rancor as we have much else this past year."

Peace ... Peace will come at the end of a lance. And when this difficulty is over I will return to my mountain, the peace will falter and I will keep my family safe and prepare for the next shit storm that is surely coming."

The small trace of good humor Ben had is beaten down by the time he reaches his final word.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:23 am

"
And the other five houses, will they agree to such a stance?"
Theomore doesn't think so. "
I think you will find that the hand of house Marsten will only get to write one part of the document that eventually will be affixed by the royal seal. It is the way of the realms that it is easier to obtain forgiveness than permission, unless you loose."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:46 am

"
Agree to what? We are order to serve the Kings justice. And it will be served. I did not say impartially or fairly as I know that the many hands who stir the pot will ruin the stew. I also know that the final verdicts displeasure will fall on house Marsten.

As for the peace... others surely feel the same as I see a good many house troops."

Ben's eyes narrow, unsure if he is being goaded or coached.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:56 pm

"
Ah, I might have mistook your words, ser"
Theomore takes an imaginary step back from the confrontation, of course, he had taken the step forward to see how he might react. "
The prince did tell me once that the king's justice is more about what is ultimately good for the realm, it is rarely fair, and sometimes not just at all."

"
But is House Marsten free from the pressure of expectations from it's allies?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:50 pm

"
Aye, it sounds like the Prince has the right of it."

He shakes his head. "
We will not be free from those pressures. None have been exerted just yet. I am sure they will be applied before long."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:26 pm

"
Too many houses has a stake in what is going on here."
Theomore agrees. "
Mountain's Reach lacks the prestige to afford to ignore them, I fear."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:21 am

"
I understand Ser Theomore. I hope Dunstan and house Tullison will remember they have an ally in House Marsten."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:20 pm

"
That is indeed good to know, ser."
Theomore nods. "
Say, hypothetically, House Tullison has an interest in seeing the final accord slightly tilted in favor of one party to this conflict, could that become an item of contention?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:36 pm

Ben merely smiles. "
That will be one of the most asked question. Even if not openly spoken."

"
You asked out and I will respond in kind. Not for house Marsten I think. Everyone has interest driving for different outcomes here, even House Marsten. Hypothetically speaking of course."

"
And experienced ambassador such as yourself surely understands, the pit fall laid out before myself and house. If one were not sure they would think it a sinking ship we were put on."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:24 pm

"
I can see it."
Theomore agrees. "
Studying the assembly, one might even think that someone *wants* these proceedings to go a certain way, is that indicative of who holds the initiative in King's Landing, or are there layers that go beyond that?"

"
But when the powers-that-be set the pieces on the board, I usually find it best to play along according to their design with one hand, while the other searches for a contingency in the event that where their plan leads is not to my liking."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:48 pm

"
It maybe that someone wants us to cast the first stone, giving provocation for retaliation."
He scratches his bearded chin.

"
Your strategy seems sound. Your wisdom may keep us all alive someday."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:42 am

"
Maybe, it could also be a test of who carries the most weight in the Red Keep."
Theomore muses. "
Someone threw the first stone to make the fires grow tall, and then see how the king would opt to resolve it, who is closest to his ear, so to speak. In which case, we need not worry."

"
Another angle might be that the houses wearing black are supposed to make the green one take a darker hue, force them out of the queen's good graces and into the open arm's of the princess."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:25 pm

"
So many moves. So many possibilities. Which ever hand has cast this stone would have to think they know us pieces well."
The last is more a question then statement, Ben knowing Theo's experience garner him more knowledge and insight on the situation.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:24 pm

"
Or maybe he didn't? Maybe he just wanted to see what happens?"
Theomore must fight back the urge to let his inner playfulness shine through, how fun would it not be to sit in the inner circle and have a hand in the plans being laid and the plots to be set in motion, much like Cyvasse, setting your own pieces in anticipation of where the opponent might place his, and then work with what you have, moves and countermoves, offering sacrifices to see if he could not be lured to swallow the bait and leave himself open.

"
I do not think it prudent for our treaty to be harsher than it must be, nor should it swing too much in favor of either party."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:15 pm

"
Either way the stone is cast and the ripples are making for shore. One must keep his head above water."
Ben smiles his normal crooked grin despite him growing weary of trying to unravel the mystery of who their puppeteer really was.

(scene?)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:36 pm

"
Just so."
Theomore agrees. "
If you have need of a friend with knowledge of what goes on at places so low that they are hard to spot from the heavens, I am at least honest about such bias as I have. I don't think others will be so readily sharing, and none of them have come without an agenda. We all want something."

"
But I do need to be at Warrior's Seat, my lord, I hope there will be an opportunity to meet again with more time on our hands."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum