Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 2 [MM] The Call of the Seven

2 posters

Go down

Day 2 [MM] The Call of the Seven Empty Day 2 [MM] The Call of the Seven

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:15 pm

Septon Arlyn was returning from the hospitably of the Tullisons Maester tent when he sees the ironborn bastard riding along the road. Seeing a troubled look across the Ironborns one eye, Septon Arlyn Pulled back on the reigns of his palfrey, and pushed forward on the breaks of his four wheeled wagon. Thus causing his vehicle to slow he called out to the Ironborn. "
Hail good man, You seem toubled this day. Is there anything this humble man of the cloth could offer you?"
Asks Septon Arlyn, concern for his fellow man overcoming his wariness of the Ironborn.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Day 2 [MM] The Call of the Seven Empty Re: Day 2 [MM] The Call of the Seven

Post by Athelstan Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:44 pm

Athelstan is recalled back from his thoughts to find the fat septon talking to him "
Good Morning Septon, long time no see, what have you been up to?"
not sure if he got what he wanted from his lord, I think it was an orphanage or something, but then again what brings him here.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:56 pm

"
If I remember correctly you were at that bonfire with Yoren correct? You were speaking of the tennents of the drowned god correct? I'm Septon Arlyn from House Dulver, I've had some ... more frequent"
says Septon Arlyn obviously searching for the words, "
interactions with the heir to your house, but unfortunately I do not think I had too many interactions with you, athel-ston?"
Searches Septon Arlyn questioningly.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:51 am

"
Athelstan, but close enough"
surprised he doesn't know him by a dozen different monikers at this point "
Yes the Drowned God, the ironborn patron, but I'm half ironborn only, so I'm not so sure anymore, I acted according to his laws, but all I got was punishment, but then again people took advantage of my situation to advance themselves while they just left my in the mud, I do remember speaking to you about faith, all I see is abuse of it, or at least with my God a very one sided deal with all the restriction and noe benefits"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:47 am

"
Aye, sometimes the gods act in mysterious ways that are beyond mortal comprehension."
Replies
Septon Arlyn, bitterly remembering the warriors failure to protect Ser Jon Cobb. "
But some times their plans have a longer view then the short sighted vision of men. But just as they fail to protect some they offer grace to others."
Septon Arlyn pauses.

"
Wait are you not the same Athelstan who defeated Lord Petyr in single combat and then offered him Mercy?"
Asks Septon Arlyn.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:58 am

"
Yes, I wanted peace after he marched into our lands causing trouble to us, but they only took it once lord Petyr's broken body laid at my feet"
no smile this time just stating a fact "
We offered marriage, but they refused and they granted us two years of peace, like they somehow were superior, I have bested both father and son in combat, but their pride and hatred won't let them see straight, next time I'll kill both father and son in the field of battle"
waving the subject aside "
Now we are here looking for justice and me for redemption, even if it eludes me at every corner"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:23 am

"
You did a good thing in sparing Lord Petyr and his sons life. Mayhaps If we spoke to him from a place of faith he would be more willing to listen."
Septon Arlyn muses. "
For he is a very devote man, and if we could show him the way of the crone, that there are better ways then blood. Then perhaps you would not have to kill him. The Mother would smile on your kind act in sparing Lord Petyr's life, for you saved a son from losing a father and a *wife from loosing her husband"

[OOC if he is a widower then disregard that last section]

Intrigue stats
objective: check your PM's
ID 9
composure 12/12
frustrations 0
F/I/W: 0/2/0
DR 3

[url=initiative for MM Call of the seven vs Athelstan][/url]: 3d6 9

Last edited by 167 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:59 am

"
Perhaps, but as things are it's only temporary, and the Drowned God is deaf to my pleads"
not sure why he even speaks with such ease to the septon, it comes with their job I suppose...

Objective: friendship
ID 8
Composure 12/12
Frustration 0

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:08 am

[url=call of the seven born round 1 (assuming status less then 3)][/url]: 7d6k5 17-2 (injuries) + 1 (DR)= 16

2 DOS = 10 damage to composure - 4? DR = 6 damage to composure

"
Aye, sometimes the gods do seem deaf to our pleas, however they are gods. Sometimes they have us experience things we would rather not, to challenge us, and through their crucible, make us stronger. The Mother is there to offer mercy to any who would listen to their whispers and know the truth of the seven."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:38 am

[OOC]DR 3 I'm Amiable to you already, Athelstan does like the septon from the Tournament[/ooc]
10-3 = 7 dmg

[url=initiative][/url]: 3d6k3 10 (forgot to roll it, last post)
ID 8
Composure 5/12
Frustration 0

Athelstan looks at the septon trying to figure him out
Read Target
[url=Read Target][/url]: 3d6k3 17

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:07 am

[OOC read target success]

[url=call of the seven born round 2 (assuming status less then 3)][/url]: 7d6k5-2+1 22

14= 3 DOS x 5 = 15 - 3 = 12 damage

"
Your actions that you have made where a test. The way that you spared Lord Petyr's life have shown that you are able to be compassionate, even after they have challenged your faith."

Intrigue stats
objective: check your PM's
ID 9
composure 12/12
frustrations 0
F/I/W: 0/2/0
DR 3

initiative for MM Call of the seven vs Athelstan: 3d6 9
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:23 am

[ooc]I have Persuasion 3, no specialty but +1D to Persuasion, so do I roll 4 dice, since can't really keep 4 dice anyway[/ooc]

initiative: 3d6k3 10
ID 8
Composure 6/12
Frustration 2
Read Target +1D

"
Look Arlyn"
Athelstan shakes his head "
Maybe yes the 7 made me spare him, but the Drowned God wanted me to cut of his head and lead my men to fight in war, and this battle that is constantly in my head, puling me to each side"
staring at the septon "
At the tournament of the Crossing I broke many men with my axe, I fought like I was supposed to not refrain like I had to in the tournament at the Tully's, and they feared me they saw me for the ironborn I am, but then I also go pious and good, wish for redemption want to help Yoren and House Longshore, it's reaping me in half"

[url=Persuasion][/url]: 4d6k4 15 (+1 Amiable)(-2 Frustration)
1 DoS 3 dmg - 3DR = 0

[OOC]Got 12 Composure, 2 Frustration[/ooc]

Last edited by 149 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:50 am; edited 2 times in total

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:34 am

Athelstan wrote:[ooc]I have Persuasion 3, no specialty but +1D to Persuasion, so do I roll 4 dice, since can't really keep 4 dice anyway[/ooc]

initiative: 3d6k3 10
ID 8
Composure 5/12
Frustration 0
Read Target +1D

[url=Persuasion][/url]: 3d6k3 9
1DoS 3 dmg - 4Dr 0 dmg lol wow

[its only 3 DR due to me being amiable. you also get +1 to your persuasion roll due to being amiable, you go first so my round 2 is already posted. So go ahead and take your frustrations then roll 4d6k4 - D = to however many frustrations you take. Also roll another die and add it to your persuasion for round 2. Might get you up to 2 or 3 DOS if you roll really well]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:50 am

[ooc]Round 1 I read Target, Round 2 I do 0 dmg, I edited the above post[/ooc]

[Yield] Offer increased disposition by 1 step and you got me in doubting my faith, as my greenlander blood pulls me more to the 7?

[ooc]This would be Round 3, but before I start just checking the Yield and wait counter offer[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:06 am

(Ooc I will accept v that yield )

(Placeholder)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:30 pm

"
You are a good man septon, different than some I have known as well as many knights that only use honor as a shield but never actually care, let's hope your presence here improves things, I'm yet to investigate the sept, but there are other places also, and Lord Haigh Bracken wants to go hunting today, let us hope there is no accidents or other more unsavory things happening throughout the hunt"
Athelstan smiles to the fat septon "
Maybe we could talk some more about the seven later on today or tomorrow if the time allows and fate seems to make us cross our paths again"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:32 am

"
It is my wish that my presence here my ease some suffering."
Remarks Septon Arlyn wistfully . "
although I feel like my lack of experience in military matters makes some evidence difficult for me to understand. But I visited the Sept during the first day of investigations with an Archer from House Dulver. He saved my life when we where attacked my bandits. Common brigands who would attack a simple man of the cloth."
States Septon Arlyn in disbelief.

"
Thankfully with some well placed shooting Luecian saved my life and I managed to escape with just these injuries."
States Septon Arlyn, gesturing to the bandages that Maester Healis applied earlier that morning.

"
He is a good lad that one, a bit too liberal with the coin and women but the boy has a good heart. One of the damn best shots I've ever seen as well. Surprised that he did not take that tournament at river run. He lost both of us a fair bit of coin on that one."
Continues Septon Arlyn chuckling to himself. "
If you spend any time in the tavern you might find him. Drink is another one of his vices I do believe."

Becoming more serious Septon Arlyn tells the ironborn. "
Be careful what you look for while investigating the Sept, it appears there is more going on then first meets the eye. I'm going to investigate the village of blackbuckle next. It seems as that is another tragedy that needs to be investigated. I hope that my devotion to the gods and experience as a healer make it so that I am successful in this attempt."
Remarks Septon Arlyn fervently.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:21 am

"
Yes indeed, be very careful Septon, and if I were a lord I would make your archer a captain of a regiment of archers or a master of the hunt if he is that good"
smiling at the septon "
I hope to see you again after Blackbuckle, it is... a horrible tragedy, I couldn't tell if there were Blackwood men, the deliberate poisoning of an entire village was just to much, hope you can put those souls to rest. I will get to the septry in time, hopefully before someone tampers with the evidence that is not easy to see"

Athelstan feels better and the septon has brought at least some respite to one man so far in the day, perhaps the seven have taken an interest in Athelstan or just coincidence.

[/scene]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down