Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D2 The Day of No Mourning [MA-ME]

Go down

D2 The Day of No Mourning [MA-ME] Empty D2 The Day of No Mourning [MA-ME]

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:14 pm

Septon Arlyn arrived over the ridge of the small path that lead to the village of Blackbuckle. The first thing he noticed was the silence. Besides the slight creaking of the wagon's axel against the bottom of the wagon, and the muffled coughs and foot falls of Ser Garrreds insistence, Septon Arlyn heard nothing. Not buzzards, not crows, nor even songbirds graced the air with their songs. Sepon Arlyn noted that there was no movement amongst the houses. Not even the wolves or coyotes feasted on the refuse of the human inhabitants of what was once a bustling small village.

Warrior give me strength He thinks to himself.

"
This is a right bad place your holiness"
Eurydice Berenice replies. "
We best not be going there, I can smell the strangers sent from here."
He was a young man, soft spoken. He had often come to the Septon's Sermons and sang off tune in the choir. Septon Arlyn had watched him from from a youth to a young man. He had Joined the infantry of House Dulver from their recruiting drive, although Septon Arlyn had hoped that he would choose a more peaceful path of farmer or Septon.

"
We are here to investigate this tragedy,"
states Septon Arlyn authoritatively. "
We have been tasked by the King to discover what has happened here, and I intend to find out"
. Was that the faint smell of death or just his imagination? Septon Arlyn wondered morbidly. "
But we should set up a reserve back here, there is no need risking all your lives until we determine that this was not some sort of pox."

Septon Arlyn steps down off his wagon. Walking around to the back he grabs out his mace and shield, hanging the mace off his light brown leather belt he swings the shield onto his back. Looking back at the assembled men of his protection detail he sees the fear in their eyes at the menton of the pox. "
I will venture into this village alone, The gods will protect me from any diseases that may be lurking there, I need you men to protect the wagon and inform anyone else that comes that I will be in the village."
Septon Arlyn knew that giving these men a task to protect something away from the death would make them feel both useful and safe. Few things are scarier to fighting men then a thing that they could not fight and could steal away their life or health.

Septon Arlyn arrives at the village a short while later. Seeing the Baratheld contingent Septon Arlyn approaches the different areas before covering the same ground.

[url=healing investigation with pious die and 2 bonus blackbuckle day 2 w/ 2 injuries][/url]: 7d6k5-2 16 + 3 from spent destiny bonus die = 19

Due to this thread, the injury penalty is not there so total would be 21

viewtopic.php?f=189&
t=1833&
p=48691#p48691

[url=healing investigation bonus die spent destiny][/url]: 1d6 5

Last edited by 167 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

D2 The Day of No Mourning [MA-ME] Empty Re: D2 The Day of No Mourning [MA-ME]

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:52 pm

Oh this is bad. Thinks Septon Arlyn to himself. There is more here then meets the eye, I do not think the blackwoods would kill their own men and all of these non-combatants. It does not make a whole lot of sense. Although it clearly looks like poison and not some natural disease.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down