Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D2,ME]Seeking Amnesia (Closed)

3 posters

Go down

[D2,ME]Seeking Amnesia (Closed) Empty [D2,ME]Seeking Amnesia (Closed)

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:34 pm

Daveth sat, alone, in his room, staring into the middle distance, haunted by memories. Until finally, he stands up with resolve, checks his appearance one last time and steps out of his room, and goes to the door of the smaller room next door, knocking on it.

When the resident answers, he speaks. "
Lor, I need a favour. Can I come in for a moment?"
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

[D2,ME]Seeking Amnesia (Closed) Empty Re: [D2,ME]Seeking Amnesia (Closed)

Post by Loreia Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:03 pm

In response to the knock, a barely muffled bark comes through the door, followed by a terse command. When Loreia pokes her head out, she opens the door wide when she sees who it is, giving Badger free range to poke at their guest. "
Hi Daveth. I was about to go on a walk, need something?"

"
Of course."
She snaps her fingers and waves at Badger to back up, and taking the hint in his request, closes the door behind him. "
What do you need?"
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:25 pm

Daveth absently pets Badger as he pokes his nose at him. After the door's closed behind him, "
Thanks. Can you hold the evidence I have for the night? My notes, and the stuff we've picked up. Not a lot, and I can pick it back up in the morning. Just make sure it doesn't leave your sight. Okay?"
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:21 pm

"
'Leave my sight'? You don't expect me to stay cooped up in my room all evening, do you?"
she jests. Then, her wry grin fades. "
Wait. What's this about?"
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Daveth shakes his head. "
No, just do what I do and take it with you. It's little enough to carry in pouches and such easily enough. I'm sure they search our rooms while we're out. And I need you to do it because I can't guarantee the security of the evidence either in my room or on my person for a while, that's all. Don't worry about the details, I'm not doing anything risky, I'm just being cautious."
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:08 pm

Loreia circles around Daveth, standing between him and the door. "
An' why would you not be able to guarantee that what we hold won't stay ours? The details is what you're tellin' me, details of what?"

[url=http:
//orokos.
com/roll/341081:3k6hvyp3]Initiative - Mid Evening [Seeking Amnesia][/url:3k6hvyp3]: 3d6 14
ID: 8
Composure: 12
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Initiative: Eloquent
ID: 10
Composure: 12/12
Objective: in house forum
Disposition: Affectionate
Action: Convince
Influence: 5/DoS
[url=Seeking Amnesia - R1 - Convince][/url]: 4d6+7 25 4DoS 20 damage -1 DR? = 19 Composure damage
(Wow.)

"
Loreia."
he gently rests a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "
You are my sister, and I trust you as such. There are many things you can help me with. Believe me that I will not hesitate to seek your help on those occasions. This, however, is a matter I ask that you simply respect my privacy about. Okay?"
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:27 pm

Composure: 1
Frustration: 2

Loreia places a hand on Daveth's outstretched arm. "
If you're goin' out tonight, can you take my hound at least?"

[Yield: Daveth's objectives are fulfilled. In return, Badger will follow him around tonight.]
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:19 pm

Daveth barks a laugh. "
Fine. I'll keep Badger company, and give him back safe and sound in the morning."
his face becomes more serious, and he raises himself up onto his toes to give Loreia a chaste kiss on her forehead. "
Thank you."
before handing over his evidence and notes, tied up in a couple of pouches.

(OOC: Yield accepted)
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:54 pm

This is one of those moments when Loreia allows him to do that. After taking the parcels, she opens the door for him and orders Badger to leave. It's commonly understood between them that the hound has a prioritized, multi-factored mental "
list"
of the few masters it defers to unless otherwise ordered, which is more informal than it sounds. Second on that list is Daveth.

Loreia hands Daveth some cooked rabbit meat from one of the hares Trelane caught in the hunt. It never hurt to use food as a motivator, not for a pet who sees regular physical activity. "
Be safe, little brother."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:29 am

Daveth gives an easy grin. "
I'll be fine, big sister."

Scratching Badger between the ears, he heads back to his room. When there, he doesn't sit down, he simply pulls out a pre-prepared false report that describes finding hardly anything, and what it does describe, it does with a heavily pro-Blackwood bias. He places it down on the desk, then makes a half-hearted effort to hide it. Next, he lays out a bottle of wine - nothing too fancy - and a couple of glasses. Finally, he brings out one of the care packages he always carried in his maester's kit.

Finally ready, he looks over at Badger, who looks back attentively, and gives a sad smile. "
I envy the simplicity of your life, sometimes, Badger. But I guess I chose this path. Let's both just be grateful that Lor is willing to drop the subject when asked. Because discussing it with her would have been seriously awkward."
He stands, and makes for the door, gesturing for Badger to join him. "
Anyway, come on, boy. We're going hunting."

It wasn't hard to find the servant woman who'd caught his eye earlier in the day. Even better, she was alone. Being discreet was important. 'I have memories of many dead people, and one live woman, who I'd like to forget for a night.' Honest, but hardly the best approach.

"
Fairly late to be working so hard. Are you ever allowed to relax?"
Daveth begins with an easy smile.
[url=Seducing the Servant - Seeking Amnesia (TN7)][/url]: 4d6 12
It didn't take much to convince her to share a bottle of wine with him. And from there, it was a short fall for them to wind up in bed together, Badger far more interested in the rabbit meat than what the humans were up to, contentedly chewing the bones on Daveth's floor.

The last thought a tired and sweaty Daveth had before drifting away was that he hoped his dreams would be filled with a willing servant girl, rather than being filled with the dead or the lost.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:40 am

[OOC: mechanics handled previously via PM, excellent stuff here and the linked maester investigation post:
viewtopic.php?f=175&
t=1875

Old PC flames continue to burn even after the players are gone (although Dyana may return) - but is this flame sputtering out :;
): ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down