Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(D3 - MM) - Chasing the Evidence

3 posters

Go down

(D3 - MM) - Chasing the Evidence Empty (D3 - MM) - Chasing the Evidence

Post by Athelstan Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Athelstan and his small retinue arrive at Pennytree following the Widow's Watch stream.

This is to easy target through water, raider would come every other year here to make some good earning, with little to oppose them.

God stone walls keep the people inside safe, but really, the merchants are left to fend for themselves, part their fault for believing it safe, Athelstan looks for the man Ser Theomore told him to meet here, while making sure his armor was well strapped and the familiar feel of his axe next to him.

Wonder who it is I'm waiting on, or how many?

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

(D3 - MM) - Chasing the Evidence Empty Re: (D3 - MM) - Chasing the Evidence

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:44 pm

(D3 - MM) - Chasing the Evidence Raff.png

Theomore's man looked even more like an ironborn than most of those Athelstan had brought, if perhaps better shaven, his ring armor and axe certainly could belong to one, though more than anything, it was the manner he rode a horse, like a man more suited to a ship.

"
Right then, would you like to see the site of the ambush, perhaps even ask around some in the village of what they saw? Or should we find the path my contact has marked out for me?"

[url=Disguise][/url]: 6d6k4 21
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:04 pm

"
I would like to see the site, and what your contacts have gathered first, I can always come back to question them when we are done"
he nods to the man. A strange sight he would probably think of him as someone he would find himself rowing on a ship or maybe even riding with him, if it wasn't because he knew all the men by name and faces all to well.

"
Let's go to the site first and tell me what you know about it from your contacts"

[ooc]Can't even make that roll, so I won't bother[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:17 pm

"
I don't think my contact would like the introduction much, no offense, but you don't seem to be the subtle type that is good for them to do business with."
Raff shrugs. "
He and his associate are in a position to notice odd things going on in Pennytree, and knows of good places to hide. He told me that they found men and horses at one of them."

He puts his horse to a trot in the direction of where the remnant's of the Dornish caravan had been found.

"
Whoever did the raids must have known the terrain well, which does lend credit to the claim that the Brackens did it, for certain, no common bandits could be behind this, but would the Brackens leave behind shields and tabards as a clear sign of their passage?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:28 pm

"
No, it's not a surprise someone is trying to frame them"
clenching his fist with anger "
If only I could find them and get the truth out of them, but either way I understand what you say about your friends, and any help they can give is appreciated, after all we are chasing the truth and apparently the culprits of this"
thinking for a little longer "
If tey were so familiar with the terrain, they could have also been Blackwood men or some people that decided to take advantage of this, making it to easy to blame it on the Bracken's"

Circling around the scene on top of his horse to have a full view of it.

"
I also heard there was a second raid, do you have any information on that and whereabouts of the possible criminals?"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:48 pm

"
Well, all it takes is a sellsword that grew up here, or served under the banner of either house, a former squire to a sworn sword, a disgraced captain. More than enough fighting and tension around these parts for there to be quite a few of those. Leaving behind Bracken insignia may well be a ruse to fool the Blackwoods into making a rather predictable conclusion."
Raff presents the speculation he wishes to stick first. "
Or as you say, the Blackwoods could have done it."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:53 pm

"
Not surprised if I found them to be sellswords or deserters of either House, but they must be making camp somewhere close also"
in agreement with the assessment produced, yet not entirely convinced "
We just need to find if they acted alone or a sponsor, then again I need to find THEM! first"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:01 pm

"
All that my contacts found was the camp of someone"
Raff didn't want to get Athelstan's hopes too high. "
Though who would camp out in the woods if they did not have something to hide?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:05 pm

"
That we will find out if we get them, but no doubt they might have something to hide"
no holding any hopes, as it could have just been a temporary location they were using to split the goods or before they moved elsewhere "
Even if we don't find nothing there they might have left something, another clue perhaps or a trail to follow"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:09 pm

"
Maybe they are exactly what we are looking for, and have taken captive half a dozen pretty Dornish maids eager to reward their rescuers?"
Raff chuckles at the idea.

[Will need to give reader a call when we go find the path that has been marked out for Raff]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:12 pm

Athelstan chuckles "
Rescuing should come first, and hope they are still in good shape for traveling and get them safe, if after that they wish to "
reward"
the saviors, then that is something else"

[ooc]Let's wait for Reader then, I'm sure he will get to it when he can.[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:40 pm

The day is hot and clear - visibility is good. A blessing and a curse, for some way off in the distance it seems the Ironborn's quarry spots him and his fellow "
Ironborn"
guide.

A great cloud of sun-baked dust is kicked up by a large cavalry troop riding clear from a distant camp. They must number at least a score, but by some mercy they have taken flight at your approach. They flee despite your scant numbers, perhaps fearing a trailing or hidden royal troop.

[OOC: this is a warfare scale unit and therefore at a significant advantage in combat even if you reach it, if you're bold enough to pursue. Otherwise you can simply approach their camp and loot/inspect it.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:50 pm

[Raff will not be chasing anyone]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:02 pm

[ooc]Yeah 5 vs. 20 does not sound fun to me, I'll be likely dead if I tried since the NPC with me are likely secondary characters IF I'm lucky and have low armor.[/ooc]

Athelstan grits his teeth together in fury "
Mother fuckers..."
he says it with an even cold tone as he feels the risk of giving chase is to great "
Let's go to their camp, next time we will bring extra men, they are to many of them for us right now"

Cursing under his breath all the way to the abandoned camp.

[ooc]I intent to inspect and if something is wroth looting, it depends on what it is, but for now we inspect it, some rolls needed?[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:24 am

Dornish silks, wine and spices abound here from your quarry's panicked flight. Scattered among it is a lesser haul of traditional Andal design - prized household silver, religious icons and coins.

Key evidence that the fleeing parties may have been responsible for both the attack on Pennytree and the earlier raid on the Dornish caravan.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum