Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3 LM] In search of the traitor

2 posters

Go down

[D3 LM] In search of the traitor Empty [D3 LM] In search of the traitor

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:58 pm

It was the third day of the investigations and Kevan was back to the Raventree Hall for the third time.
They will for sure accuse me of being biased. Somewhat ironic when I am actually looking for the Blackwood traitor

Whereas he was concentrating his efforts on the spot of entrance of the assassins and the prisoners on the day before, he approached things differently today. He made sure to talk to everybody on his list of suspects. Ser Manderly he found near the barracks, where they briefly discussed the joust from the evening before;
his squire he found near one of the gates, he also talked to the Maester and Ser Jojen as well as anybody else he deemed a potential suspect. And all of them he told a similar tale. You see, he was now married to a Blackwood and he was determined to find the murderer of his father in law. A complicated thing indeed, but there was this stranger that had contacted him earlier. A lowly servant from the Warrior's Seat, no doubt. Looking for his pay in exchange for evidence on the murder. Some of them were not easily convinced, for the most sceptical he even had to show the map, a proof for the evidence his unknown contact claimed to have. And all of them he asked for confidentiality. You see, the investigation ended only a week from now and it was absolutely necessary that nobody heard about the existence of this evidence.
Yes, the tale was similar, but notexactly the same. To one person he reveiled that he was about to meet this informant this very night, near the old oak in the borderlands to Darry. Another he told that the exchange was about to happen near a certain rock foundation, only he named a time an hour later. And so it went, from one to the other, but always cautious to ensure that nobody observed him during his exchanges..

Mechanics as per Reader's decision:
- I'll run this as your D3 investigation on the awareness and persuasion elements only, with +1D to both rolls from the scheme you cooked up with Nathaniel.
[url=Convince (Investigation)][/url]: 6d6k5+2 14
[url=Reroll bonus dice][/url]: 1d6 6 = 18, with that I also add the BoTA Bonus = 20
[url=Awareness (Investigations)][/url]: 4d6 16

Edit: changed timeslot from MM to LM

Last edited by 157 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D3 LM] In search of the traitor Empty Re: [D3 MM] In search of the traitor

Post by Reader Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:37 pm

[OOC: initial results via private forum, some roleplay may follow beyond Kevan's depiction of his progress]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D3 LM] In search of the traitor Empty Re: [D3 LM] In search of the traitor

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:51 pm

Wherever he wandered during his investigation, from great hall to the barracks, through the godswood and back to the castle, always seemed to bump into the same few servants. He showed no reaction, going about his business. Finally, he was almost back at the gate to leave, as he saw an opportunity: He quickly stepped into the small tower near the gate, where he had seen a shadow. He finds a small servant pressing himself at the wall to avoid being seen from the catle yard. Ser Kevan's hands shot up and the small servant was lifted from his feet and pressed to the wall.
"
So, it seems you are diligently following my my investigations, have any personal interest in it?"
The Marsten knight looks quite intimidating, his dark beard covering his features, his eyes staring menacly at the man.

"
I... I am Te... I am Terry, S-s-ser! Please don't... please, I have a child... he is sick, please.."

[I want to intrigue him to follow up on the infos I have from the investigation (see personal forum)]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:53 pm

[OOC: simple intrigue to get more on top of what you've got from the investigation]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:56 pm

As the servant explains himself in short stuttered phrases, he never touches the floor, Ser Kevan just leaves him hanging in the air, not saying a word to interrupt his pleading explanations...

[url=Intimidate][/url]: 5d6k4 17

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:04 pm

Terry is a desperate, pathetic creature. The strong Lyras knight dwarfs and out muscles him.

"
I acted alone. By the Old Gods, let no other suffer unjustly alongside me."

"
I knew he were a Bracken, Ser, I can't pretend I thought it were some travelling merchant or spy. It were Ser Rufus Bracken, just a minor knight. He sought me out at the Green Door Inn, curse the blasted place. Drink has ruined my money and now my life."

He begins to sob.

"
My boy were sick Ser. Do you have a child? Surely you'd do anything to save them if they were sick?"
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Kevan's face showed a slight reaction, but he did not release his grip.
Why is it they always argue like they were forced by external factors with no chance to decide to themselves to commit a crime or not...

"
Terry, I will take you into custody. You are to stay as a prisoner of House Marsten until the trial, where you will repeat your story for others to judge. If you do that without causing any hassle, I will try to provide care for your son"

His comments were not phrased as a question, nevertheless he waited for the servant to reply.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:10 pm

His head drops.

"
My son. It were all for my son. I will come peacefully, for the lad's sake."

"
It weren't men to happen like this."

"
What will become of me?"

A man beaten down by life.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:01 pm

The Marsten knight paused before he answered "
You will be at the trial, as a witness, but also as an accused and there it will be decided what your punishment will be"
And I will make sure you end at the gallows...

He bound the man's wrists and led him out of the castle to the camp side beneath the royal banner. There, he was taken into custody by the Marsten men-at-arm who were ordered to have him guarded day and night as that neither he can flee nor can anybody speak to him outside of the Members of the Marsten delegation.

With his prisoner delivered into the hands of the guards. Kevan focuses on finding a certain guard. Since the unfortunate events during the Tourney at Riverrun, Lachlan had lost his musical talent, although the way Kevan had acted towards him had made him even more loyal to the Keeper of the Gate and Kevan knew he could trust him with certain tasks even more than other soldiers with the Lyras sun on their chest.
"
Lachlan, I need you to deliver this pouch to a certain family. You are looking for a sick boy and his mother. Give the pouch to her and only to her. Do not provide any explanations and do not tell from where the money is. It is for the treatment of her son, that is all she needs to know. You got that?"

He gives Lachlan a small leather pouch containing 5 gold dragons. As the soldier was about to turn around he added: "
Oh an Lachlan, change your tunic, no need to go there in the Lyras coat-of-arms.."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:07 pm

[OOC: Ser Kevan Lyras, a knight with a heart and a brain. Surely nothing good came come of that combination.

Let's see if he can keep his promise to Ser Tyron Blackwood regarding making the guilty party dance the hangman's reel!

/scene at my end]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down