Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Day 3 - LA) Among the Fallen!

+4
Reader
Nathaniel Mason
Luecian LongBow
Athelstan
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

(Day 3 - LA) Among the Fallen! - Page 3 Empty Re: (Day 3 - LA) Among the Fallen!

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:42 am

Jergen follows Luecian as they move down the trail. Once in position jergen listens to the plan Luecian proposes. Nodding his head Jergen starts towards the tower.

"
Rest easy lad, your secret is safe with me. Ill head on down and try to find a spot to hide."

[url=trying to use stealth to sneak up to the tower][/url]: 2d6 8

Jergen tries to stealthily move down the path. Unfortunately a slightly covered tree root has other plans. Jergen curses as he catches his foot on the root and pitches forward. Catching himself before hitting the ground Jergen freezes where he is and hopes no one heard the noise.

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

(Day 3 - LA) Among the Fallen! - Page 3 Empty Re: (Day 3 - LA) Among the Fallen!

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:55 am

The Brothers Wylde(3 of them)
Agility 3, Fighting 5 (Long Blades 1B, Shield 1B) Endurance 4, Athletics 4 (Strength 1B), Awareness 2, Will 2
Combat D. 9 (Base 9, -4 AP, +4 L. Shield)
AR 8, Bulk 4
Health: 12/12
F/I/W: 0/0/0
Equipment: Brigandine, Large Shields, Bastard Swords

Battlefield quality: they're holed up in a stout wooden watchtower constructed by House Blackwood. An archer could set fire to the building (not destroying it, but damaging it and flushing the occupants out). TN15 Marksmanship Test, imposes 1 fatigue on all foes before combat starts due to smoke fumes. Only one shot per archer before combat begins.

Tactics: Knockdown attempts and lesser attacks. As they take injuries and begin less effective combatants, switch to assisting uninjured brother who attacks. Against archers, sprint to close the distance (start 80 yards apart) and then grab.

Last edited by 183 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:56 am

[url=Initiative Roll-Brothers Wylde pt 2][/url]: 4d6-2 15
Luecian
Equipment: LongBow + Quiver of arrows, 2 Hand Axes, 3 Knives, Spear on ground, Hard Leather Armor, Buckler
Health: 9/9
CD: 9, AR: 3
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:39 am

Jergen-
Scale Armor, Shield, Long sword

Combat Defense- 9
Health- 11
Armor Rating- 6
Damage- 5

Initiative vs Brothers Wylde
[url=Initiative vs Brothers Wylde][/url]: 4d6 9

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:55 pm

(In an effort to push along, rolled inititiave for the brothers to setup the round order. Hopefully that's okay.)

[url=Initiative- Brother Wylde 1][/url]: 3d6-4 8

[url=Initiative- Brother Wylde 2][/url]: 3d6-4 9

[url=Initiative- Brother Wylde 3][/url]: 3d6-4 10

Initiative order-
Luecian(15)
Brother 3(10)
Brother 2(9)
Brother 1(Cool
Ser Jergen(9-3ap=6)

Scene would start with Brothers coming out of the tower and likely spotting Ser Jergen and Luecian. Luecian is about 60 yards away poorly hidden behind a bush, Ser Jergen is closer to the tower lets say 20 yards.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:03 pm

ooc its luecian's turn first

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:05 pm

Luecian spots the 3 figures emerging from the tower to investigate the burning patch of grass outside their hideout. They seem to notice Ser Jergen right away and then their eyes seem to focus in Luecian's direction not long after. Aiming at the brother in the lead, Luecian takes careful aim and lets his arrow fly. The arrow soars fast and accurately impacting with the robber knight and piercing his armor deeply. A grievous hit to the bandit but being no stranger to injuries, he does his best handle the pain and keep moving towards his foes.

Lesser Action-Aim
Lesser Action-Attack [url=Marksmanship(Bows) Attack 1 vs Brother 3][/url]: 8d6k5 25 - 9 cd=16, 4 DoS. 4*6=24 dmg-6 AR(Piercing2)=18 dmg to Brother 3.

(ooc-Next up would be the 3 brothers, then Ser Jergen. Thanks Jorah!)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:16 pm

Brother 3 takes 2 injuries

Brother 1 charges Jergen, landing a solid blow on him, while his brothers charge towards the archer who hurt one of them badly.
[url=brother 1 charge][/url]: 6d6k4 20 3 dos 7 damage per dos 21 damage-6AR so 15 damage

brothers 2&
3 rush as fast as possible towards Leucien, closing 40 yards (I think)

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:51 pm

(Sadly I think on foot the cover only about 4 yards given their bulk(4 movement-2bulk penalty= 2 yard base then 2 x 4 = 8 -4 bulk = 4 pg 155 example? ) but they can perform an athletics test TN 12 to run 1 yd faster per DoS I believe. Other option would be that they have horses nearby and spend part of their turn mounting to move faster. They might move less on rd 1 but I think that would get them to closer to 20 yards per round while sprinting? Open to anyone's clarifications, I'm just trying to do my best to follow the rulebook.)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:56 pm

[url=run][/url]: 2#4d6k4 15 14, even with -2, that's a pass, so five yards. that's less running, more waddling after leucien

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:00 pm

(It really does seem rather sad but I've never tried to run in heavy armor I guess... at most a heavy pack. Wouldn't bother me to boost them really ignoring part of the bulk penalty etc. Although I will take -1D shooting at them each round given their sprinting waddle...)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:33 pm

Jergen watches as the three brothers emerge from the tower. As if by magic an arrow appears embedded deeply in the shoulder of one as they sirege ahead. One charges Jergen and scores a decent hit before Jergen could bring his shield up. Biting back the pain Jergen readies his sword and concentrates on his opponent.

[OOC-Jergen takes 2 injuries]

[url=attack brother 1][/url]: 5d6 23

23 (5d6),3dos 5 damage per, 15 damage-8ar= 7 damage.

[OOC-1st combat ever...hope I did it right.] Very Happy
[The -2 from his injuries I subtracted from his fighting. It went ftom 7d6 to 5d6...was that right?]

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:59 pm

(you only have to subtract -2 overall for the two injuries, so it would be 7d6k5-2. You ended up with a pretty good roll regardless Smile but if you wanted to roll 2 dice and see if they beat any of those, I think that would be okay. Likely will stay at 3 DoS though which isn't bad at all. If it was a wound it would turn one of your roll dice into a bonus dice instead.)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:56 am

Luecian eyes the two men running towards him carefully. He aims carefully, draws his Longbow back and releases the arrow fluidly. He gives a sigh of relief as the arrow crashes into the bandits shoulder, piercing deep and causing him to stumble and fall. Hopin that fella be down and outta this fight.

[url=Marksmanship(Bows) Attack 2 vs Brother 3][/url]: 8d6k5 28*forgot the -1D for sprinting opponent actual total equals 23[6, 6, 6, 5]. 3 DoS, 3*6=18 dmg-6 AR= 12 dmg to Brother 3.

Luecian
Equipment: LongBow + Quiver of arrows, 2 Hand Axes, 3 Knives, Spear on ground, Hard Leather Armor, Buckler
Health: 9/9
CD: 9, AR: 3
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:49 am

Luecian LongBow wrote:(you only have to subtract -2 overall for the two injuries, so it would be 7d6k5-2. You ended up with a pretty good roll regardless Smile but if you wanted to roll 2 dice and see if they beat any of those, I think that would be okay. Likely will stay at 3 DoS though which isn't bad at all. If it was a wound it would turn one of your roll dice into a bonus dice instead.)

Lol...I tried rolling the 2 extra d6. After subtracting 2 for the injuries I still ended up with the same results. I'll just roll with it.

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:29 am

[Regarding movements of the npcs: Isnt sprinting = 4*base movement - bulk, rather than 4* base movement after bulk? Also, fatigue for additional move actions would be an option..]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:34 pm

(ooc- open to more clarification if it exists, I just based it on the example below for the rulebook. The PC had 2b in run for base movement of 5 yds before bulk penalties, the bulk penalties took him down to base movement of 4 yds and then a sprint of 13)

[While quick out of armor (movement 5 yds), Hal’s character slows down
when he wears plate armor since the armor has 3 Bulk points. In armor,
Hal reduces his movement by 1 yard for every 2 Bulk points he possesses,
dropping his movement to 4 yards. When sprinting in full plate (see
Bulk, below), he moves 13 yards ([4 yard base x 4] − 3 Bulk).]
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:44 pm

so 3 yards base after bulk x 4 -3 bulk = 9 yards, so better than 5

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:50 pm

OOC: Luecian has it right - bulk is factored in in two different ways for sprint.
GoT edition p164 wrote:Sprint Greater
You may sprint by taking this action, allowing you to move at four times
your Movement, modified for Bulk. Additionally, you subtract a number
of yards from your Sprint movement equal to the number of Bulk
points you possess.
So in his case,
Movement, modified for bulk = 4-2(half bulk, round down) = 2
Sprint = (2*4)-4 = 8-4 = 4

They could free action drop their shields, which would raise them to:
Movement, modified for bulk = 4-1(half bulk, round down) = 3
Sprint = (3*4)-3 = 12-3 = 9

They could combine that with taking two fatigue and double sprint to cover 18 yards... and still be nowhere near Luecian.

I'm sure they must have horses around nearby... or things to hide behind as they approach.

EDIT: Curse my slow typing!]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:13 pm

(Sprinting with cover during my rounds doesn't make alot of sense to me. When would they be running vs hiding etc, and it wouldn't make much sense to assume they were able to hide everytime I decided to take a shot. I mentioned horses previously, but I'm going to be at the full 80 yds Reader outlined if I see mounts around. They would also have to mount which would slow them on their first round without a fatigue but would get them to Luecian in ~ 4 rounds I think?)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:26 pm

[OOC: I meant sprinting from one cover location to the next, not that they would be sprinting in a straight line at you with cover throughout ]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:32 pm

(occ-gotcha, I'll heed to expertise there and how it would work mechanically. Smile )
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:34 pm

(For the sake of pushing this along lets say they mounted and reach me rd 4? I believe bandit 3 is dead, with brother 1 &
2 up for actions in rd 2.)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:01 pm

As the brothers charged towards their opponents, the third brother was catapulted from his horse by an arrow and he lay on the ground unmoving.
“You killed my brother. I’m going to chop you into small pieces.” He moved his horse forward quickly, trying to use the trees to reduce Leucien’s ability to shoot him

Brother 1 grunted as Jergen’s blow struck him. he attempted to knock jergen down, but his foe was too fast (agility 4?)

[url=knockdown][/url]: 4d6k4 12

[url=attack jergen][/url]: 6d6k5 19
3 dos - 15 damage -6AR = 9 health

sorry, it looks like you're taking the brunt of this

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum