Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D3 EA Diverting a flood

3 posters

Go down

D3 EA Diverting a flood Empty D3 EA Diverting a flood

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Following directions provided by Lord Drakeson, Ser Jorah led Daveth engaged in private conversation to find Ser Hugh Rivers near the village of Pennytree. Trelane rode ahead at times to scout and to find somebody to ask . Considering all the potential trouble brewing in the area, they were hoping to avert at least one problem before it became a bloodbath. Finding a peasant carrying a pole with numerous fish dangling from it, they stopped to find exactly where he could be found.

“Excuse me, we are looking for Ser Hugh Rivers. Do you know where we might find him?”

The peasant looked at them suspiciously, especially the heavily armoured Ser Jorah, but realised that they were wearing the sigils that they were the Royal Investigators.

“You’re some of the people who have come to solve all of our problems are you? Well, Ser Hugh, who’s been actually looking out for us can be found over that yonder hill.”

“Thank you,” Ser Jorah replied politely before they set off. Rounding the hill, they found a farmstead with a number of ramshackle shelters in place. Two big farmers with large clubs stood guarding a barn whilst a man who could only have been a knight was showing another man how to use a quarterstaff.

“Are you Ser Hugh Rivers?” Ser Jorah called out to the man, “we wish to speak to him.”

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

D3 EA Diverting a flood Empty Re: D3 EA Diverting a flood

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Daveth rides with Ser Jorah, but lets him take the lead, both physically and socially. They'd agreed that, at least to start, better results might come from them speaking knight-to-knight than if Daveth were to lead. So he watched and listened, and remained quiet.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:27 pm

The investigators are greeted with hostility even by the peasants that direct them - since the renewed raids on Pennytree enthusiasm for the Royal investigators is at a low ebb. The resentment seems to be intensified by their proximity to a man regarded by some as having done more for the peasantry on both sides of Battle Valley than the Royal peacekeepers. Men spit the ground as they pass or mutter under their breath, but the presence of the popular Ser Jorah and his armour seems to dissuade them from launching direct insult or stones.

It is not the large knightly looking fellow with a quarterstaff who speaks but a shorter man stringing a longbow. His boots are caked in wet looking mud despite the dry weather.

"
Who asks?"

From the noise in several outbuildings it is clear that the farmstead is well populated.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:40 pm

"
My name is Ser Jorah Holt and I am looking for the man who has done so much to help the people of Pennytree to offer aid in this time of need."

He adjusted his expectations remembering not all knights were the same.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:38 pm

The tall man sighted earlier steps forward, leaning on his quarterstaff.

"
I have heard of you Ser Jorah Holt, please ignore Lomy's questioning manner. All in the Riverlands know Ser Jorah as a friend to the smallfolk by his deeds, a rare knight who has not forgotten his vows."

He nods in respect.

"
I am Ser Hugh."

He uses his simple knightly title, rather than adding the Rivers that all bastards born in the Riverlands bear.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:42 am

"
Thank you Ser Hugh, I have heard many good things about you. The people here would have starved without you and I salute you as a fellow knight who has not forgotten his vows. We are here to offer assistance however we can to alleviate the damage done here."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:08 pm

Ser Hugh's face sets firmly.

"
We do what we can here Ser Jorah, but the lords and masters seem to have forgotten the people and their vow here."

"
I fear that the best you can do is keep your troops away from the smallfolk - they are frightful and it will take but a spark to set the whole valley ablaze. The urge to do something is understandable and even laudable Ser, but I beg you to step carefully to avoid make a bad situation turn graver."

[OOC: Simple intrigue at TN 8 (one rolls other assists) and

awareness (empathy) TN ?? - both can rolls this.

Bit of an info-dump wrap-up coming up, so PM anything you're especially interested in.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:50 pm

[url=Diverting a Flood Persuasion][/url]: 4d6 18, I think 20 with assists from Ser Jorah and Trelane, and 22 if it counts as Convince.
[url=Diverting a flood - Awareness (Empathy)][/url]: 3d6 14
(...Wow. Those are some nice rolls.)
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:53 pm

[url=awareness][/url]: 3d6k3 8 - Jorah
[url=Awareness (Empathy)][/url]: 5d6k4 14 - Trelane

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:13 pm

Ser Hugh seemed troubled, something heavy weighed on his mind.

Nonetheless, he seemed willing to aid the investigators on a few topics as he gathered his men to distribute aid to both Blackwood and Bracken smallfolk.

"
Battle Valley bleeds my lord and Ser, but you strike me as men of character. Your bearing backs up the talk we've heard."

[OOC:

- Empathy: he's stressed and close to breaking point. His men are restless - they're from both sides of the conflict and the only people striving to help the smallfolk, at least until the royal investigators arrived.

- Let me know here or via PM what you're interested in and he'll answer on three topics, given the persuade roll, or in detail on one and smaller detail on another]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:42 pm

Ser Hugh swiftly marshalled his disparate but large band - despite their irregular make-up they clearly followed him eagerly.

As he strode around the ramshackle camp his answered Daveth and Jorah's questions patiently before his men set off to attempt to alleviate Battle Valley's troubles, mud squelching beneath the feet of many of the men as they departed despite the dry weather.

[OOC: answers coming up via Coldbrook-Drakeson forum]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:49 pm

In particular, at Daveth's question of what the Coldbrooks can do to help, Ser Hugh informs him that his own band is well provisioned and not in need of medical aid, but he begs them to extend whatever aid they would have given to the smallfolk of both houses instead.

"
Their Lord and beyond have failed them. No lords, no masters have benefited Battle Valley."

It's strong talk for a mere hedge knight considering you ride beneath the royal banner, but he's surrounded by his own men and clearly traumatised by the atrocities committed and the breakdown in feudal responsibilities.

[/scene as they march onwards after any parting thoughts/words from PCs]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:04 pm

"
That we will do. Work has started on restoring the Septry and we'll see what else we can do. If we have need of you to help the people here in Battle Valley, where should we look for you? There is more trouble coming I can sense that and we may need your assistance to protect the people."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum