Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D5 EE Only the young

4 posters

Go down

D5 EE Only the young Empty D5 EE Only the young

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:26 pm

After the ceremony had been completed, Ser Jorah approached one of the guards to request to meet with Lord Benjicot and Ser Myles. He awaited Lord Benedict and Yoren's arrival.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

D5 EE Only the young Empty Re: D5 EE Only the young

Post by Reader Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:44 pm

The audience was swiftly granted, perhaps unsurprising given Ser Jorah's fame and positive initial impression he had made. This influence was further bolstered by Lord Marsten's personal standing and the new, tragically made Lord Blackwood's personal connection to him, having served a year at Hartshorn.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:54 am

Yoren was a little distracted as he arrived, wondering if he would be granted access. Jorahs presence worked in his favour on this occasion.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Ben gives Ser Myles a friendly head nod, as the group steps before Lord Benjicot. He bows to his former squire giving him a warm smile and a knowing look with a bit of playfulness.

"
Benj-My Lord, Ser Jorah and I would like to discuss the incident that occurred under the flag or mourning with you personally."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:12 pm

Lord Blackwood speaks with a lord's words but a boy's voice.

"
Your may speak Lord Marsten, House Blackwood is open to the advice of its firm friends."

Ser Myles nods for Benedict to continue, and signals that he intends to remain present.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:18 pm

"
I believe we should make things clear. So I would let Ser Jorah-"
He gives Benji a quick smile. "
-the Just deliver what is known. Then we can council our advice on the matter."

Ben lowers his head as he steps back to let Ser Jorah speak, sneaking a glance at Ser Myles' reaction.
[url=Awareness Ser Myles][/url]: 3d6 16
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:50 pm

“Lord Blackwood, Ser Myles, as you are aware, one of the incidents that the Royal Investigators are looking into is the incident when Blackwood and Bracken forces clashed under a flag of truce.

Having interviewed numerous people and uncovered the chain of events, we know that House Blackwood forces initiated the battle, but we also know that this wasn’t a planned engagement. Had it been a planned attack, your forces would have routed the Bracken forces. This was an accident that came from the anguish of a young lord who had just lost his family and your commanders reacted to what they thought were your wishes."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:08 pm

The young Lord Blackwood bows his head in genuine remorse, without prompting from Ser Myles.

"
I am sorry for that. It was not lordly of me, but boyish. My father would not have been pleased, I do not want to be remembered for such deeds."

Most of this the young boy manages to deliver evenly, but a note of childish petulance sneaks in at the end. What boy doesn't imagine himself as a gallant, honourable kingsguard? Few bear the responsibility for a sneak attack at such a young age, worse still a failed sneak attack.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:04 pm

"
We all take misteps my lord. It is what we do after them, that show our true mettle."
Ben sympathetically interjects.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:02 pm

Jorah knelt slightly to come down closer to Lord Benjicot's height and to show some deference to the young lord.

"
You have been placed in a horrible situation and it was the act of a distraught young man. What matters now is not what has happened, but what should happen next. What you have just said shows wisdom beyond your years and beyond perhaps most Lords in Westeros as you wish to be worthy of your station, of the memory of your father and be remembered for the right reasons. You have the chance to do so.
Your people have suffered because of this feud and House Blackwood must help ease their suffering, otherwise the events of last night will just be the beginning."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:54 pm

Lord Blackwood sniffs, too brave a boy to cry. He smiles appreciatively at Jorah's kind words.

Ser Myles had nodded supportively at Lord Blackwood's words and spoke up to fill the silence once Ser Jorah had spoken.

"
Lord Blackwood has indeed seen enough of war for such a tender age. What would you have him do to help restore peace to Battle Valley? As Lord Marsten says, it is by our actions setting matters to rights that men will judge us."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:45 pm

"
Funds to help repair the damage and restore order to the area and calm your people. If you were also to offer to work with House Bracken and a contrite apology for the incident, then it would be a proper signal that the fighting had ended."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:33 pm

Lord Blackwood speaks before Ser Myles even has a chance.

"
Maester Humphrey will open our coffers, to you to provide whatever help. A lord should care for his people."

Ser Myles clears his throat to resolve matters more formally.

"
Indeed, well spoken Lord Blackwood. Our coffers are scant given the hard winter and harder war, but we are not entirely without resources. I shall confer with my Lord and our Maester as to the appropriate words of contrition, which House Blackwood is happy to offer. Do the royal investigators have a preference on how such a message should be delivered, and to what audience?"

He raises an eyebrow, curious as the his vistors' response.

[OOC: Given the representations made by characters he has a positive disposition/history towards (from story 2 greeting/previous service in House Marsten), Lord Blackwood will contribute 2 Wealth to the relief effort rather than 1.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:47 pm

"
My lord, a personal apology would be the most sincere and one Lord Haig could not deny the validity of. It is known Lord Haig enjoys a hunt. Perhaps we could arrange a private hunt. Yourself, Ser Myles"
Ben nods to Myles acknowledging his power as regent and concern for his nephew. "
Lord Haig, Wyll, a guard or two apiece, an investigator of each of your choice and Lord Wlyde as the kings representative."

Ben steps back to let his proposal take seat.

"
This action would be written down in the histories of maesters. A special note on how house Blackwood extended the weirwood branch of peace with contrition."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:22 pm

Ser Myles shakes his head at the suggestion.

"
No. Not a hunt. My Lord is young and woods can be dangerous places, whether you ride with friends or foes."

"
Before Ironrod and Ser Eoric Tully seems fitting, high ranking powers held in high esteem here and beyond."

Ser Myles conspicuously left out Prince Aemond...

[OOC: you're welcome to risk an intrigue/make a yield offer for an apology delivered in the manner of your choice if Ser Myles' offer is unacceptable, but he'll only intrigue one of you in his solar "
to review the particulars"
- he's too wily to be shouted down by a large group]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:22 pm

"
Perhaps a short tour of some of the alleged crimes? We will move forward to secure Lord Hiag and make the arrangements. I will send word when things are established. Thank you again my Lord, Ser Myles. This is a wise decision and will be regard well by all."
Ben bows to the two men.

(Ooc: I will be starting a new thread for the apology.)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:18 pm

Ser Myles bows to his guests. Lord Marsten has gained his station by a queer route, but seems better suited to it than some born and trained to their station. A good thing too - House Marsten is strategically located, and that fool Marsten girl seems ready to go off at any minute.

A small voice at the back of Ser Myles' head reminded him he had been young once and done foolish things, even rash things. Whatever happened to that young man? It had been years since he'd seen the young lady who lit up his youth, separated by miles and yet further by politics, yet never beyond a raven's reach...

[/scene on my part]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:56 pm

It was not Yorens place to say anything while the aquintances were working out their issues. However, once done Yoren walks up to Ben again: "
I will talk to Haigh myself. Will you be able to handle the rest?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:47 pm

"
It will be handle my friend. I appreciate your help in the matter."
Ben clasps Yoren on the shoulder. With a sigh of relief gives him a surprised smile, glad things had went well so far.

...so far.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:56 am

Yoren smiles as he exits: "
Good luck with it all, you have done very well."

...so far.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:55 am

"
We may just be able to complete this investigation without further incident. Everything is going alright now."

so far

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down