Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D5 EE] A unexpected guest.

2 posters

Go down

[D5 EE] A unexpected guest. Empty [D5 EE] A unexpected guest.

Post by Aleister Coldbrook Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:12 pm

An man wearing hard leather with exotic blades upon his back, his hood up to shade him from the cold weather. He looks down to a piece of paper and looks up at the banners and finding the right one, makes his way into the Coldbrook Camp, upon reaching grounds he looks around and settles on the biggest tent with guards outside.

Aleister Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

[D5 EE] A unexpected guest. Empty Re: [D5 EE] A unexpected guest.

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:14 pm

Daveth sat at a desk, papers sprawled around him, working on accounts. He was slowly working through a bottle of diluted sour wine, while snacking on some cold meats. He was finding it hard to have the time for proper sit-down meals, so he was making do as best he could.

"
There's a man requesting entrance, Master Daveth."
one of the guards interrupts Daveth's mental calculations with the announcement.

Chances it will be good news?

Do you need to ask?

Daveth gives a small sigh. "
Show him in."

He doesn't recognise the man brought in. "
Good evening, Ser,"
Daveth greets him, deciding to err on the side of politeness. The man looked like he might be a hedge knight of some kind, though his weapons seemed strange, even to Daveth's inexperienced eye. "
I am Daveth Coldbrook. What brings you to our camp?"
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleister Coldbrook Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:55 pm

He takes down his hood, his dark yellow hair scruffy and salty from the long trip. "
Daveth, your Tomas' boy? I don't recall much, it has been around ten years, perhaps more. You will need to forgive me, and I am no Ser,"
He waves his hand at the notion. "
Never bothered with the fairy tale."
He moves a chair to sit across from him. "
Looking for Tomas, er "
Lord Coldbrook"
, is he here, this is where I was told to go."
He says looking down at him, his statue is foreign, while his facial features are that of the North, he acts as if he has been in a far off land.

Aleister Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:49 pm

"
I am Lord Tomas's son and heir, yes, though he is not here. He remains at Castle Grenward. However, if you have business with him, you may conduct it with me. I am the leader of the Coldbrook investigative party here. If what you are after is small, we can make a deal here and now. If it is big enough that it requires my father's permission, you'd have to negotiate it through me anyway before he decides to approve it or not. Either way, you will not be wasting your time speaking with me.

"
So, how about we start with who you are, and what you want to speak with my father about?"
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleister Coldbrook Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:14 pm

He laughs loudly, "
Its a shame, I wished to see my brother after a long trip, but I suspect I will do what I can to help his efforts here."
He smirks. "
my name is Aelister, if you look on your fathers family tree, under sibblings, you will see me at the bottom of them."
He runs his hand though his hair. "
What is the situation here, and what needs to be done?"
He chuckles.

Aleister Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:59 pm

[url=Can I remember Aleister? (for fun) Cunning (Memory)][/url]: 4d6 14

Daveth frowns, and spends a good few seconds in deep thought. "
Aelister?"
he slowly nods. "
I do remember the name. Didn't you go to Essos many, many years ago?"
a small shake of his head. "
I'm afraid I don't really remember meeting you, I just remember hearing some stories."
Mostly when Garret had just been on one of his escapades.

He looks to one of the guards. "
Vern? I think Captain Orell was doing some drills nearby. Find him and let him know Lord Tomas's youngest brother has appeared, and that he should come and greet him."
And confirm his identity, but if he is telling the truth, I don't want to openly distrust him.

"
Wine?"
Daveth offers. "
I'm afraid it's rather sour. I like it that way, and I wasn't expecting guests.

"
As for what's happening here, well, that's a long story. I'm presuming you know the basics at least, since you came here, rather than Castle Grenward. So, how much do you know?"
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleister Coldbrook Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:26 am

He shakes his head. "
I am out of my element, best not get too happy until I know the situation."
He says. "
Not much, I know there's some political struggle."
He says with a half sigh looking around. "
I remember little from before I left, I only know it must be important to be back."
He says and puts his traveling bag down, it still smells of salt of the sea. "
Also once we are done, if there is a river so I can feel less like a fish that would be lovely."
He says leaning back on the chair.

Aleister Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:10 pm

"
Right. The short version is that there's been another outbreak of violence between the Blackwoods and Brackens in their eternal feud. Various houses have been sent to bring the King's Peace to the region, under the leadership of House Marsten.

"
We were tasked with investigating various crimes allegedly committed by both parties. I've already exposed the Blackwood's maester as being responsible for a poisoning of an entire village. Which was a bit awkward, given that House Blackwood are our allies, though it was a personal action rather than a political action, as far as I know. Most of what remains involves following up on existing clues, which will take a while to go over.

"
But you asked what needs to be done. In turn, I ask you, what can you do? I presume those are indeed strange swords on your back, and that you know how to use them, but our house has never lacked for sharp weapons and strong arms. What skills do you bring to the table aside from that?

"
And further, what brings you back at this time, after so long away?"
Did you somehow eventually hear of Joren's death, and decide to press your claim to be your brother's heir?
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down