Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6,LM] Putting a horseshoe on the other foot

4 posters

Go down

[D6,LM] Putting a horseshoe on the other foot Empty [D6,LM] Putting a horseshoe on the other foot

Post by Luecian LongBow Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:56 am

Luecian and Short Tom waited to meet Ser Kevan outside the campsites under the Royal banner. They previously agreed to a combined search of the Warriors Seat stables this morning. The hope being that the combination of Short Tom's eyes and experience along with Ser Kevan's status, integrity and friendly manner would help Luecian not only match the two horseshoes he found during his investigation of PennyTree but also ensure the findings were beyond reproach by any other parties. Here be hoping we find something worth finding on both strikes at PennyTree, be thinking the first be mostly put together in me head from what we found but the second surely be a mystery still.

Spotting the Knight riding up, Luecian calls out a greeting. "
Good Morning it hopefully be to you Ser."

Nodding to his companion, Luecian introduces him. "
This be Tom Tinker, another retainer of House Dulver. Tom has traveled both the Westerlands and Riverlands for some near 50 years and few have seen as much with those keen eyes of his. If you or I miss something Ser Kevan, don't be doubtin it likely Tom here points it out for us."

Glancing at Short Tom, Ser Kevan would see a short thin old man, balding besides a thin ring of hair on the sides and back of his head. Sharp black eyes stare back at Ser Kevan above a rather large bulbous nose as he stands half bent observing their new knightly companion. "
Greetings Ser, indeed it is my own pleasure to assist House Marsten's renowned Knight of the Gates."

With the introductions finished and greetings covered, Luecian suggests they ride for their destination. "
Now that the introductions be done and greetings well met, shall we be riding to Warriors Seat? I can be filling you in on the ride over about what we found thus far and what we hope to be finding if you like Ser."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

[D6,LM] Putting a horseshoe on the other foot Empty Re: [D6,LM] Putting a horseshoe on the other foot

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:16 pm

"
Good morning to you too Luecian."
, the Marsten knight replied as he left the camp of his house and found the archer already waiting. "
And also to you, Short Tom. I don't doubt your eyes be better than mine. I was hoping to rely on the hunter's keen gaze, but with you we are even better prepared."

He stretched himself and adjusted his armor before letting his horse fall into a trot next to his companions. "
Indeed, let us find hese horseshoes"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D6,LM] Putting a horseshoe on the other foot Empty Re: [D6,LM] Putting a horseshoe on the other foot

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:48 am

Septon Arlyn had been taking his morning stroll, leading his plump palfrey from patch of green grass to patch of clover, the damp earth giving slightly beneath his bulk, causing the leather soles of his shoes to become steeped in the mud. Hearing the familiar voice of Archer and the knight, Septon Arlyn moves through the brush, the branches grabbing a hold of his new robes like small hands, but the ring armor underneath rebuffing their advances.

The Septon smiles at his friend's, sitting side by side in the saddle, then noticed the small tinker on his ass. Never did really trust that tinker. He is easy with his words but it always seems like he must have some ultier motive. But he has none the less been indispensable in this investigation though.

Septon Arlyn moves towards the knight and Archer again, "
good morning good fellows. It is a pleasure seeing you this fine morning."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:40 pm

Spotting the Septon and his mount moving through the brush, Luecian looks at him curiously and smiles in return. "
Septon, surprised to see you out and about after your round two with bandits yesterday. Must be feeling better now than you looked earlier eh? Did you decide you were well enough to travel to the Warriors Seat with us?"
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:03 pm

"
What have you got yourself into, this time, Septon? It almost seems like you crave the beating by a fanatic or bandit sometimes?"
, Kevan asked with a smile, as they arrived at the castle.

Looking at his companions, asked: "
At which stable do we want to start? I guess there is more than one?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:23 pm

"
Well there was a little issue with some bandits holding some captives. I merely arranged for the women's return to there homes, after a quite physical discussion with the bandits leader."
Septon Arlyn shrugs, wincing slightly at the movement. "
I don't think that the injury from the horse running into me during the green door inn event helped either. But I'm alive and the women are safe, so I would say the discussion was fruitful. Although I do have to thank you for your armor Ser Kevan, for without that I doubt I would be here to have this conversation with you. In part gratitude I have come along when I heard that Luecian Longbow would be assisting you as well. I owe both of you men my life, least I can do is help with your investigation."

Septon Arlyn looks to the stables.

"
Of I remember correctly it was determined to be heavy clavary that attacked, so most likely it will be the stables where the desatiers are being kept. So most likely the most well Guarded."
Septon Arlyn states.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:59 pm

"
Aye Septon the first attack seemed to clearly indicate heavy calvary so that be a good starting point."
Riding along they seem to come upon the stables with a number of stablehands and an older stablemaster busy at work inside. The staff seemed efficient and proficient in their duties but seemed quite busy nonetheless.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:28 pm

Septon Arlyn dismounted from his palfrey and gave the horse a pat on its thick neck, his hand coming away slightly moist dirty from the absent minded affection given. Wiping his hand on the saddle blanket, then the bottom of his robes, the Septon approached the old stable Master. Stepping from the wooden pathway over a puddle Septon Arlyn was impressed with the gravel covered entrance, obviously included so that the water would drain away from the stable, as well as allowing the ground to resist the frequent impact from the heavy horses hooves.

well there is no doubt that Lord bracken spares no expense when it comes to the maintenance of his heavy calvary

As the Septon neared the old man he calls out. "
Good horse master, we are investigators under the Royal banner, this is Ser Kevan Lyras, Luecian Longbow, Tom Tinker, and myself Septon Arlyn. We are here to investigate your stables of you do not mind. We will try and be as noninterfering as possible to allow you good fellows to continue your work."

[url=Convince the Bracken's stable Master to be helpful with the investigation day 6 with injury milk of poppy][/url]: 7d6k5+2-1 19
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:49 pm

Kevan stood next to the septon, greeting the master of horses with a friendly smile. "
Indeed, we do not want to interfer with your work and only require a tiny bit of your time. I wonder if you had any horses here in recent times that lost one of its horseshoes?"

[url=Convince assist][/url]: 5d6k4+2 21

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:41 am

Short Tom tries to add weight to the Septon's words but his efforts seem to have no effect on the stablemaster. Whether the cause be his lack of status, his beady eyes or a poor selection of words, his words fall on deaf ears to the stablemaster.

[url=Persausion Assist of Septon's Convince][/url]: 4d6 7 Fail
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:45 pm

The Brackens are a religious, martial house and the stable master was swayed by the force of Septon Arlyn and Ser Kevan's words. It was perhaps unsurprising that a man of Short Tom's background and profession should find his words carried less word here.

Conrad the stable master did more than simply allow the investigators unfettered access: indeed he showed them around the stables personally, offering explanations and advice. He confirmed damage to several steeds from salt aggravated cuts and commented on a thrown horseshoe or two: both evidence of warhorses being used for unorthodox manoeuvres he tutted, stroking his bushy brown beard. The man cared at least as much for horseflesh as for his house.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:21 pm

The stablemaster seemed highly impressed with Ser Kevan and paid him by far the most attention with the Septon also getting pulled into some religious references from time to time. Ser Kevan engaged the stablemaster generously, keeping true to his reputation as a kind, gracious and honorable knight in addition to his impressive skill with a lance. This left Short Tom and Luecian free to look around and try to determine if either of the two found horseshoes seemed to match the mounts currently present in the stables or find any other oddities present in the area.

[url=Awareness-notice Warrior Seat Stables D6][/url]: 7d6k5 23+1 assist +3 coordinate =27
[url=Awareness Notice-Assist Short Tom Warrior Seat Stables][/url]: 4d6k3 15 Success

Last edited by 183 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:01 am

so the Bracken's were salting fields as well? That is a curious development. thinks Septon Arlyn towards the end of the tour.

Breaking away for a while, Septon Arlyn listens to both the Archer and the Tinker. After listening for a while he tries to piece together what he hears.
[url=Coordinate results for house shoe on the other foot day 6 LM][/url]: 4d6 15

Vs TN 9 = 2 DOS =+3 to awareness

Brings total up to 27
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:06 am

While not having the keen eyes of the other members of this investigation, Kevan did his best to look for any signs of the horse with a missing horseshoe.
[url=Awareness assist][/url]: 3d6 9

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:59 pm

Conrad the stablemaster offered what help he could, confirming Luecian's assumption that the injuries the Bracken steed bore were from inspecting damage wrought by Blackwood salting of the earth, rather than similar damage to the Valley's agriculture by Bracken troops.

He detailed injuries to horseflesh from pursuing Blackwood troops over streams in to Darry lands, too honourable to hide the pursuit and hoping to the Seven that evidence gathered elsewhere would clear his house of responsibility here.

From the evidence gathered here, it seemed clear House Bracken was involved in the initial attack on Pennytree, but nothing was found to link them to the second attack. Curious.

[/scene on Conrad's part (and mine!)]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:11 pm

Septon Arlyn smiles at the stable masters reports and clasps him warmly on the shoulders. "
I thank you for your assistance, hopefully the seven will help us find the truth of these investigations, horse master Conrad. There is one other matter of assistance you could provide for us, if you could point us towards the guard Mikail? Some of our investigators spoke with him yesterday and I have some followup questions that I would like to ask him. As well as I would like to speak with Septon Arrick. I would like to visit the holy brother and pay my respects to him. If you could merely point me in the right direction that would be very helpful."
Septon Arlyn gives a thankful smile to the helpful horsemaster.

*Septon begins to look for the bracken guard and the septon.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:53 pm

Mikael is on watch alone on the stone battlements of the Warrior's seat, looking out over the ravaged Battle Valley. Many times in the past has both Blackwood and Bracken clambered up the walls he guards to cast down their foes and be cast down in turn, and the walls bar the scars of catapult shot in places.

The Septon is easily able to track him down before calling on Septon Arrick elsewhere, but the day was drawing on.

[OOC: ideally can we put these in other slots on D6 or pre judgement D7 to avoid bunging lot in to one timeslot? Smile ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:09 pm

[I will just use my newly opened ME slot for the septon, as I will already be in the warriors Seat EE with Ser Jorah, I'm Just placing him into protective custody right now, as people with evidence or testimony appear to keep disapearing :;
): ]

"
Goodman Makiel,"
Septon Arlyn stands on the battlements, the sun no longer enveloping the horizon, hiding hits bright face behind a cloud. "
I hear that you have some information, I would like to offer you services in House Dulver in exchange for that information."

Septon Arlyn waits for a response
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:33 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:[I will just use my newly opened ME slot for the septon, as I will already be in the warriors Seat EE with Ser Jorah, I'm Just placing him into protective custody right now, as people with evidence or testimony appear to keep disapearing :;
): ]

"
Goodman Makiel,"
Septon Arlyn stands on the battlements, the sun no longer enveloping the horizon, hiding hits bright face behind a cloud. "
I hear that you have some information, I would like to offer you services in House Dulver in exchange for that information."

Septon Arlyn waits for a response

The response is alarmingly quick, without even a head bowed in shame at casting off one cloak for another.

"
Done, and done gladly."

[OOC: excellent - If Mikael is mainly securing the testimony a previous investigation already gained it therefore isn't really timeslot abuse, so just link me the other thread when you're set. Smile ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:58 pm

Septon Arlyn was surprised at how quickly the guard had tuned his cloak, the Septon had prepared a speech about forgivness and truth and how the gods would not frown on the breaking of this oath to bring the truth to light. Septon Arlyn sighed slightly, What sort of man does not even pause to think about his vows. Well, one who is going into your service to protect your hide apparently. Septon Arlyn frowns slightly at the thought. Then he puts on a smile for the guard and hands him a bag full of travelers clothes, "
Here are some clothes for you to change into, that way you can leave anything from house bracken here. We don't want to upset lord Haig any more then necessary."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum