Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D6 EE A Princely Sum

3 posters

Go down

D6 EE A Princely Sum Empty D6 EE A Princely Sum

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:14 pm

Ser Jorah and Trelane approached the Royal Pavilion and requested an audience with the Prince. Jorah was nervous;
he was about to put his head in the Dragons mouth and expected to be eaten alive.
Behind them, several of the Company of the Morningstar carried three chests.

Last edited by 105 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

D6 EE A Princely Sum Empty Re: D6 LA A Princely Sum

Post by Reader Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:55 pm

"
SER JORAH HOLT! Deliverer of justice unto the Faith Militant, stalwart bulwark to the Royal flesh!"
announced Ser Arryk Cargyll floridly, abandoning his usual stoicism to favour the Prince's visitor with a nod.

Inside stood Prince Aemond Targaryen himself, a sapphire large enough to buy a train of horses in his missing eye. He seemed wroth, pacing back and forth rather than sitting, and sheathing a keen-edged ivory handled dagger: Valyrian steel - a weapon fit for a prince.

"
Ser Jorah, our body protests at your valour, these burns tell us we should have died but for your strength and the injuries done to our person cry out that death would have at least have brought release."

"
However, our soul gives our thanks and your bravery means these fanatics did not claim a prize victim for their lunacy. We thank you for preserving us to see those who would strike against the Dragon brought to heel."

A curious, self-aggrandising manner of giving thanks, but thanks from the Royal Household nonetheless.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

D6 EE A Princely Sum Empty Re: D6 EE A Princely Sum

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:32 am

Ser Jorah bowed before the Prince,

"
I am glad I was there and able to save his Highness and that we were able to bring those responsible for the attack to justice. However, after investigating further, we have discovered that the attack on your person and the rest of your party was precipitated not by the people of Battle Valley, but by enemies from abroad."
He summoned forward the men with the chests.

"
I bring with me evidence from the caverns that held Ser Hugh and his men. Three chests of Dornish gold. The people of Battle Valley were not responsible for the actions of a few fools conned by an attempt by Dorne to start a civil war within Westeros."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:55 pm

Prince Aemond threw the ivory handled Valyrian steel dagger before his guest's feet.

"
Kneel before your Prince and receive our proper thanks."

At the presentation of the chests, Prince Aemond clenched and unclenched his fists in fury, the Targaryen temper bubbling up.

"
Foreign coin, but weapons wielded by our own. Doubtless the fault of reckless Prince Daemon: his adventures on the Stepstones have brought his petty squabbles to the heart of my father's Kingdom. The Dornish have long memories of their struggles with my uncle. Trade with Dorne should have enriched us and made our kingdom strong, but the raid on their caravan here and this outrage may mean the hour of merchants is over, that the hour of the warrior is upon us."

He balls a fist and punches it in to his other hand.

"
Dorne may have to bleed and burn for this, lest people think the Dragon toothless. Did you take any captains among these rebels? Where should I turn Vhaghar's wrath?"

[OOC: an Extraordinary quality dagger for Ser Jorah IF he's willing to kneel before Prince Aemond or you can recklessly give offence. Twisted Evil ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Jorah knelt before the Prince, his sense of propriety and ambition overriding his rage. Now was not the time to face the Dragon.

"
We have letters of correspondence from House Wyll,"
he held up the letters for somebody to take them, "
All the fanatics were slain at the caverns. There were none left to find afterwards."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:45 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:Jorah knelt before the Prince, his sense of propriety and ambition overriding his rage. Now was not the time to face the Dragon.

"
We have letters of correspondence from House Wyll,"
he held up the letters for somebody to take them, "
All the fanatics were slain at the caverns. There were none left to find afterwards."

The Prince snatched up the letters greedily, animal rage warring with Targaryen genius to best make use of this new opportunity. His dominant tempre quickly burned out longer plans.

"
Aye, our loyal servant Ser Theomore delivered those who had given them succour un to us."

"
Rise. You have served the crown well in this. I shall depart on the morrow for the capital. Men and equipment gathers itself more slowly than Vhaghar travels, but at least the reason is right for marching. Seek us out at King's Landing if you can move swiftly, or at House Dondarrion's fortress of Blackhaven if duties delay you. I sense fate's hand at work here: Ser Criston Cole shall be gladdened to return to his birthplace: his father was steward there. Worry not for the timing, all the realm shall here of this by Dragonwing and ravenclaw."

The decision was seemingly made already, at least to Prince Aemond's wildfire mind.

[OOC: this drives Prince Aemond to depart on the evening of D7.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:08 pm

"
As the King decrees it, I will be present at Blackhaven for the call to arms. I trust that Vhagyr is sated now with such a feast."

Ser Jorah was incensed by Ser Theomore's actions, but he had arrived too late to do much except to divert the Prince's attention elsewhere. Certainly the people of Battle Valley would be safer with Aedmond gone.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:23 pm

"
The taste of justice is sweet to men and dragon indeed Ser Jorah. Vhaghar rests now, and we shall return to the capital tomorrow to call the banners when he awakens tomorrow."

Ser Jorah's gambit had at least spared Battle Valley more of the Prince and Theomore's "
justice"
. Was it enough to let the honourable knight sleep at night?
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:10 pm

"
I wish you a safe journey my Prince."

and be very far from here. What had happened between Ser Theomore and the Prince was a disgrace to everything a knight swore

/scene?

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:19 pm

Prince Aemond made a dismissive gesture, summoning Ser Arryk to review the treasure trove of letters alongside him. But was the cache he received the whole truth? And even if it were, would he have the wit to ascertain the truth?

[/scene]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:58 pm

[url=Day 6 EE a princely sum TN 12 to not lose temper][/url]: 5d6k4 14

Septon Arlyn stood behind Jorah, he was able to contain the shaking of his body but his knuckles were white with rage. He stands there watching as the prince boyishly runs his hands through the chest of coins, his blue gemed eye sparkling near as much as his violet one. greedy tyrannical prince. Cruelty not seen since Maegor yet here you are childishly playing with this blood gold from dorne. And then Baelon nearly took it for himself? If only [url="
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&
source=web&
rct=j&
url=http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jaehaerys_I_Targaryen&
ved=0ahUKEwjshqqp8tHKAhUK52MKHaRWCcUQFggfMAA&
usg=AFQjCNHAfDrIR3WjZIXINSvMFw3ROlKziA&
sig2=LI-TnCgHsuZjuOEZ2eGIxg”]Jaehaerys_I_Targaryen[/url] was still alive, he would straighten out this whole situation. Hopefully the good king will hear of this and put a stop to any foolish notions about invading dorne.
Septon Arlyn continues to stare at the prince, then when Ser Jorah takes his leave so does the Septon. Marching or force fully behind him

Last edited by 167 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:06 pm

The Seven's wisdom stayed the Septon's tongue, sparing him from shaming his house in the Royal Presence. Politically wise, but perhaps a greater stain on the Septon's soul. Only Arlyn and the voices of the Seven that spoke to him could tell the truth of the matter.

[/scene]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum