Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6 ME-LE?] Of promises and Peakes (possibly triggering)

2 posters

Go down

[D6 ME-LE?] Of promises and Peakes (possibly triggering) Empty [D6 ME-LE?] Of promises and Peakes (possibly triggering)

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:47 pm

Septon Arlyn pulled up to a small hovel. He came seeking a healer of great skill, as his own time was busy being occupied with matters of the investigation, the Septon felt that his time was not being utilized towards the healing of Blackbuckle as much as he would have liked. Thus he set to purpose of finding a skilled healer, one who would have more time to devote to the refugee camp that Nathan had set up in Blackbuckle. A small candle was placed in the window, unlit but prepared to offer guidance home to weary farm workers, returning after a day of hard labor in the fields.

The Septon arrives in his wagon, pulling back on the reigns and allowing the weight of the wagon to leave small marks in the ground as it comes to rest. Well lets see if Eddard Peake is still here, or if he has moved on to help someone else. Septon Arlyn pulls the brake on the wagon after it has come to a stop, reassuring the horse with calming words. Standing up on the wagon, Septon Arlyn stretches his legs.

Suddenly, from inside the hovel he hears the screaming and moaning of a women. Oh Gods, not again!Septon Arlyn leaps from the top of his wagon, hitting the ground with a solid thud.

[url=agility test acrobatics to leap off wagon TN 6 (2 yards)][/url]: 2d6 7

Septon Arlyn manages to not injure himself on the way down, reaching into the back of the wagon Septon Arlyn slings a wooden shield across his arm and pulls out a large weighted club. Rushing over to the door, the Septon can hear sounds of panting and another low moan. I'm coming, don't worry. I've had about enough of these damn bandits in this land. The sooner these lands see my back the happier I will be. Kicking in the door, Septon Arlyn barges into the room, kicking up dust with sunlight streaming behind him.

"
What in the seven hells,"
comes a ragged voice.

"
What are you doing in here?"
a women's voice challenges, before beginning to moan again.

"
Unhand that... oh gods"
Septon Arlyn looks at the elderly man and the naked women, her belly swollen and the mans hands bloody and between her legs. Septon Arlyns face flushes like he had just been drinking and was on his way to drunkenness. "
Forgive me ... I did not know... I was told that I could find Eddard Peake here, that there was an emergency that required him to travel here with all haste.

"
Of course there is you big fool. This womens water broke 3 days ago and the baby still has not come. Now make yourself useful or leave!"
The old man turned back to the women, whose dark hair was slicked with sweat, Her eyes bloodshot with dark circles under them.

"
Septon? why do you have...?"
Suddenly the women's body goes limp, eyes rolling back into her head.

"
"
Gods damn it man, you put her into shock! Quick over there in my masters kit there is some smelling salts, bring them over here."
The old man orders the Septon. Septon Arlyjn drobs his weapons, both of them landing on the packed dirt floor with a solid thud. Rushing over to the maesters kit he sifts through it quickly, finding a vial labeled with SS and an eye underneath it wide open. Bringing the vial over to the to the old man, Septon Arlyn looks at the man then looks between the women's legs and he sees a tiny arm protruding from there. "
The baby is trying to reach for the earth before its head,"
The old man speaks gravely, "
I need to adjust it so that the head comes out first."
Grabing the unborn arm, the old man deftly returns the arm to the womb, and quickly spins his wrist around while still inside of her. "
There we go,"
he says to himself and withdraws his hand, blood and black stickiness covering his hand. "
Alright, uncap and hand me the salts."
he states with confidence, holding out his hand. Septon Arlyn does at he asks and wakes the old man wakes the women while wiping the blood and goo off of his hand. "
Your going to be ok,"
he states, "
But when I tell you, you need to push, ready... push!"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The rest of the birthing process went smoothly and Septon Arlyn assisted with the birth, after the babe was born and put to breast, the two men stood at the door, looking out as the sun set.

"
So a Septon with weapons... that is an odd site, even here in the riverlands."

"
Aye,"
Septon Arlyn was unusually quiet.

"
What brings you our here to this tiny hovel"
asks the man.

"
I have come to seek your services for the village of blackbuckle,"
states the Septon simply.

"
Blackbuckle,"
asks the old man, "
I thought that was a village of the dead men, what services could I provide there? I am skilled but not even I can raise the dead."

"
It is not for the dead, House Bartheld has set up a refugee camp, and as such there are many sick and injured from the feuding of the brackens and blackwoods."
continues Septon Arlyn, still mulling over what he just witnessed."

"
House Bartheld? I thought the they did not have a Septon, too much hedonism, at least until the new lord took over. But even then approve of their actions enough to send a septon. "
He looks over Septon Arlyn. "
Then again I don't know if they would approve of a septon wielding weapons as well.

Septon Arlyn finally gives a small smile, "
Aye, they might take issue with that. No I'm a Septon of House Dulver. But I have one question, how did you do that?"

"
Do what?"
asks the man confused.

"
How did you know how to adjust that baby? I have had the same thing happen to me before when I was a begging brother, but I ended up losing both the child and the mother."

"
I'm Sorry, Losing one life is hard, losing two is even more difficult."
He places a hand on the Septons shoulder.

"
Could you teach?"
me asks Septon Arlyn.

"
What?"
asks the old man.

(at this point I would like to enter a complex intrigue. 1 to move him to amiable, one to convince him to help blackbuckle, and one to train me how to be a better healer. can I do that reader?)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D6 ME-LE?] Of promises and Peakes (possibly triggering) Empty Re: [D6 ME-LE?] Of promises and Peakes (possibly triggering)

Post by Reader Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:13 am

[OOC: Eddard Peake is in the Riverlands but not immediately nearby, given he was previously resident at Riverrun. I'm afraid I'll leave this for the offseason, sorry! We can save this thread for then and reuse it however.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D6 ME-LE?] Of promises and Peakes (possibly triggering) Empty Re: [D6 ME-LE?] Of promises and Peakes (possibly triggering)

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:17 am

(Ok sounds good, opens up some more time slots ☺️
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down