Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D7 MM A change of perspective

2 posters

Go down

D7 MM A change of perspective Empty D7 MM A change of perspective

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:29 pm

Ser Jorah was working at the septry as he did daily, Trelane alongside him grumbling about having to do physical labour. He had asked Daveth to join him here. After yesterday, things had changed.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

D7 MM A change of perspective Empty Re: D7 MM A change of perspective

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:40 pm

Daveth arrives at the Septry, and finds Ser Jorah easily enough. He gives a small nod of approval at Ser Jorah publicly spending his time on something so commendable before getting the knight's attention. "
Ser Jorah. You wanted to talk? Has one of them"
nodding towards the assorted brothers "
become injured or sick?"
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:52 pm

Ser Jorah greeted Daveth with a wave, putting down the materials he was carrying.

"
No, the monks are well and recovering well in the tents we provided and the quarters we have constructed so far."
Jorah sighed, his face determined. "
This is regarding a private matter for the two of us. A basic septry has been set up over there and it will provide us some privacy for something I need to say to you."

Jorah collected his sword and shield and waited for Daveth to follow.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:59 pm

Ominous. Rather than waste time with pointless questions, Daveth simply nods, and follows Ser Jorah to the basic septry. He briefly eyes Trelane to see if the squire is setting himself up to ensure the two of them are not going to be eavesdropped on.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:58 pm

As Trelane stood guard, Jorah led them into the makeshift septry and composed himself.

"
A year ago, you and I argued about the decision you made regarding Ser Theomore;
that your heart was overcome by Joren's death and that revenge should not be your path as he was not the man whom you thought he was."
Jorah's face become solemn.

"
This has changed and this fool of a knight has been proven wrong."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:09 pm

Oh. Daveth feels a familiar dark abyss yaw open before him, not so much ever sealed as simply covered up with sackcloth, then studiously ignored to the best of his ability.

Still, he stills his reaction, and simply nods. "
I'd like you to explain that. Start from the beginning, leave nothing out."
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:02 pm

Ser Jorah laid it out for Daveth;
how Lady Drakeson came to warn him that Ser Theomore had captured numerous inhabitants of Battle Valley that only had a peripheral involvement;
How he'd gone to see the Prince to try and save them and dissuade the Prince from involving himself in the Royal Investigation, upon arrival he had found that all the villagers had been fed to the Dragon and that the Prince had told him that Ser Theomore had done it willingly. He had seen how cowed the people had been by the act.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:49 pm

Daveth nods. "
That is Ser Theomore's true face. There was nothing you could have done."
he adds softly. "
According to Lady Gwyneth, she's confirmed he's behind the second Pennytree attack, and strongly suspects he's behind a bunch of vicious rumours about me. As well as possibly a few other things she didn't detail."

He steps forward, and rests a hand on Ser Jorah's shoulder. "
It's not your fault. He's fooled a lot of people. Though if Lady Gwyneth can accomplish what she intends, those numbers should hopefully drop rapidly in the near future."
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:01 pm

"
What he has done is so repugnant, I've had to resist the urge to find him and strike his head from his shoulders like a common bandit. The man is not a knight in any sense of the word. He is a scheming piece of dung.

We guessed at little intrigues and wondered whether he had been involved in other incidents. Outright murder I believed was not something he was interested in, but what he has done now is declare war on any decency. These were peasants whose only crime was to be related to the wrong person."
As the words came out, Ser Jorah struggled to compose himself.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:26 pm

Daveth nods slowly. "
I understand how you feel, despite not swearing the same oaths as you. But I am glad you did not strike him. Just as I held myself back for the sake of not multiplying tragedy by making an enemy of House Tullison, so too must you. Instead, we must both put our faith in Lady Gwyneth, that she can accomplish her goals, and expose his perfidy to the world.

"
It would also be best were you not to describe his actions as 'murder'. Not because it is inaccurate, but rather because of the Prince. By naming it such, you are either naming the Prince no more thinking than a blade, a tool to kill at the whim of others, or you call him a co-conspirator in murder."
he holds up a finger. "
Do not say which you intended. Now or ever. The Targaryens do not take insults well."

Daveth snorts. "
But I do not tell you anything you don't already know."
he looks straight at the older knight. "
But maybe now I do."
he steps forward, and briefly gives Ser Jorah a hug. "
I missed you. I hope this marks the end of this estrangement I've felt from you this past year. It never sat well with me."
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:22 am

Jorah hugged the young man back, happy that the gulf between them had been crossed, but would it be just in time for him to leave anyway.

"
There will need to be a reckoning for his actions though."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Daveth steps back. "
I always believed there would be. And still do. Their new perspective allows the Drakesons to see his acts clearly, and they are acting accordingly. Maybe they'll catch him this time, maybe he'll slither out of their grasp. But he has to succeed every single time, while they only have to succeed once."
he nods. "
I can be patient, with those odds. And so can you. So cool your temper, and keep your wits about you. Should he fear his time is near, there's no telling the depths he'll plumb. We must be cautious."
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down