Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6 LA]To see a man about his lady[Closed]

2 posters

Go down

[D6 LA]To see a man about his lady[Closed] Empty [D6 LA]To see a man about his lady[Closed]

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:07 pm

One thing of a more personal matter did happen to be on Theomore's agenda, forgetting the war in the shadows, ignoring the feuds all around them, there were yet some good things in this life worth cherishing. The rest was only the game, acts, lies and maneuvers, people won, people died, and sometimes people lost and kept on living. There were family of course, there was duty, there was Mountain's Reach. Things worth fighting for. Then there were everyone else. Allies to be kept, never friends, sometimes friendly, sometimes not, allies to be gathered, mostly to stay loyal to, mostly to help. Sometimes, like a piece on the Cyvasse board, to be sacrificed, like any good player always must be prepared to do. And then there were enemies and victims. One to eradicate, and the other to do whatever one must with....

Well, most everyone else. Some were pure, some were worth fighting for, worth protecting. There were yet some things in life worth cherishing. Something to remind him that there were things in this world worth fighting for and cherishing that defied the rules of the game. Something to show a player that the game is not all there is. But at the same time, fate was a cruel mistress, showing him all this, and then simply denying it to him. She had decreed that such happiness was not for him, he did not deserve it unless he would take that which were pure, that which was worth fighting for, worth protecting. Another trophy collected by winning the game. There was no escape, the game is all there is. And yet, there were solace to be found, a brief reprieve from it all, every now and then. If he could only make the choice to allow some things to be kept away from the table. This he managed, this one time, because he must, and he did what he had to do, always, whether pleasant or not. This had turned out to be pleasant, and yet not, the taste of what was denied him was sweet, and yet the yearning for more never left him, but Theomore had never been one to let that which he could not have deny him that which was within his grasp.

Besides, sometimes, most times, one thing lead to another, which might make this less personal in the end, but that did not change things much. Personal things first, other things later.

"
My Lord Davain"
he greeted as he found the man he sought, they were acquainted of course, but less so than the number of times he had visited Heart House was like to make it.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[D6 LA]To see a man about his lady[Closed] Empty Re: [D6 LA]To see a man about his lady[Closed]

Post by Davain Bartheld Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:18 am

Davain Bartheld was wondering around the camp. The weather was nice and he sought to get some fresh air and clear his head when he heard a familiar voice behind him.

"
Lord Tullison,"
Davain said with a smile. "
a pleasure to see you again. Are you here to request another visit to Hart Home. If so I can make sure Nathenial prepares your usual quarters for you at the Rutting Boar if you wish."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

[D6 LA]To see a man about his lady[Closed] Empty Re: [D6 LA]To see a man about his lady[Closed]

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:15 pm

[Theomore shouldn't be addressed as Lord Tullison as that's reserved for Dunstan, commonly Ser Theomore, or just ser. You could go with Lord Theomore, but that would be slightly odd. Davain presumably knows this. Theomore would politely comment that he isn't Lord Tullison and leave it at that if you stick with addressing him as such. See viewtopic.php?f=75&
t=2461
]

"
I fear my duties will take me elsewhere in the coming months, my lord."
Theomore replies Davain's. "
But I have a hope that you might pass my regards and this letter to your lady wife? I do trust she is well?"
Theomore gives Davain time to reply before moving on to his other business. "
There are some other matters I would like to discuss. The first concerns the charges against myself and Lord Baelon, there are many who have taken issue that a tribunal set by House Marsten are to pass judgement upon fellow investigators, I have been invited with Lord Ereth and Lord Yoren to a meeting with Ironrod later today where the argument will be presented that it would be better for the matter to be decided by Lord Gormon Tully once proceedings here are through. I should like to know if this is something you might be willing to support? Personally, I think it best for all of us if the matter is handled such."

"
Additionally, my lord nephew wanted me to ask if you might be agreeable to leave mention of the Dornish out of the treaty, not the crime itself, as it has been proven beyond question that Bracken troops indeed carried out the raids on the caravan, but this treaty will be read by many, and if word spread that a Dornish caravan was attacked, foreign merchants might think the seven kingdoms more dangerous for them than it really is, harming trade."

[Cramming a bit more into this post than I usually would due to speed being an issue.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:49 pm

"
Lady Ayleth is doing well I will be sure to pass a long your letter for you. As for the charges against Lord Baelon and yourself. I will have to see what they charges are first. If they have nothing to due with the investigation than I will suggest they be put off til after the investigation is over with. As for the Caravan, so long as those that commited the crime are punish, I see no reason for not excluding the fact that it was a Dornish Caravan out of the Treaty."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:56 pm

It is indeed good to hear that the lady is well, and my lord nephew will be delighted to know that those of us who are here"
Theomore smiles warmly, at least that should solve the Pennytree mess, hopefully that ought to fix the problem which the ill-conceived adventure he got himself tangled up in failed to do anything more than to produce even more trouble.

"
As far as Lord Baelon goes, his acts relates only to the wildfire plot, not our present investigation, as for myself, the Coldbrooks have accused me of tampering with evidence at Pennytree, and that is all I have heard. I believe I know what caused these suspicions, the short version is that the first raids were carried out by Bracken men, while the second raids, occurring after we arrived was the work of sellswords that appears to have attempted to make it look like the first attack was their doing as well, had me fooled for some time, and they clearly have managed to get an agent into Warrior's Seat. The circumstances might make me seem involved in that attempt. Though in short, whoever is behind it failed, and the conclusions of the investigations should thus be unaffected, we were not called here to judge upon crimes performed by neither Blackwood or Bracken after our arrival, were we? Though it does trouble me that the Coldbrooks, or anyone they might have confided in have taken the bother to ask me about any of this, as if they have a different agenda than to find the truth of the matter."

"
The longer version will of course require a longer telling, my lord."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down