Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7 MA] A students wisdom

3 posters

Go down

[D7 MA] A students wisdom Empty [D7 MA] A students wisdom

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:15 am

[url:1kigiry6]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=189&
t=2473&
start=110#p73067[/url:1kigiry6]

(This thread is for the Septon And Terren to discuss what has been said, others can try to listen in (probably just a blind TN to reader) to join the conversation or hear what is being said.)

"
Master Terren,"
whispers Septon Arlyn, looking over to the young boys jotting on his small lapdesk. "
So what do you think of Lord Baelon's and Ser Theomores arguments? What merits do they have? What are two short term or long term consequences that including the Dornish or leaving them out of the treaty may provide?"
Septon Arlyn enjoyed teaching his previous pupil, as The Septon often learned as much from instating the young man as he had imparted in his accumulated education. Septon Arlyn also felt that the young mans keen intelligence would help the Septon in choosing how to vote regarding the Dornish issue.

I'm leaning towards voting to leave the word Dornish out of this treaty, as I feel Ser Theomore is correct, as well as it most likely only instigating the Dornish to retaliate against the riverlands, causing them to march through the stormlands and involving most of the seven kingdoms in war again. I wish to avoid that if at all possible, but lets see how young master Terren is swayed. Perhaps he sees something that I have missed. Septon Arlyn muses, waiting for the young man to respond.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D7 MA] A students wisdom Empty Re: [D7 MA] A students wisdom

Post by Terren Dulver Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:23 am

Terren will put the quill, the ink and the paper to the side, as to ensure he can't accidentally knock it over, and will then whisper back “Well the argument could be made that leaving it out, could anger the Dornish in the long term, which could cause trade problems for the houses in the area, however you could argue that leaving it in, could cause damage to trade relations in the area. In both cases the damage could be minimized by punishing the raiders harshly. Honestly, it depends, on how angry, you think the dornish will be if we left it out and how that would influence trade relations, leaving it out would in the short term cause no difference, as dorne won’t have learned about it yet, however could have consequences in the long term. Ser Theomore has made the argument that it would instigate dorne to declare war on the seven kingdoms, seems as a hyperbole to me, the dornish don’t have the manpower to be able to take on the seven kingdoms, the only reason they did win in the past, is that they were fighting in their own terrain. They might however, demand recompense of some kind, in which case we should double our efforts to find a way to repay them.”

Terren pauzes a few seconds, and then continuous “However, we can’t overlook the fact that it seems to be an issue between the blacks, who support house Blackwood and the greens, who support house Bracken, which makes this vote even trickier. The fact that Lord Haig, at least according to Lord Baelon, tried to cast doubt in the situation, reinforces my suspicions, that this issue runs far deeper, than it would appear at first glance. Which certainly grants the opportunity, to improve relations with either side, since both we as well as house Bartheld have not yet spoken out either way, we could certainly find a way to benefit from it.”

Terren will pause for once more and then ask “Is there any way to know from which area in dorne the merchants came from, did anyone actually see them, that knowledge would certainly help the situation.”

Last edited by 199 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:31 pm

Terren Dulver wrote:Terren will put the quill, the ink and the paper to the side, as to ensure he can't accidentally knock it over, and will then whisper back “Well the argument could be made that leaving it out, could anger the Dornish in the long term, which could cause trade problems for the houses in the area, however you could argue that leaving it in, could cause damage to trade relations in the area. In both cases the damage could be minimized by punishing the raiders harshly. Honestly, it depends, on how angry, you think the dornish will be if we left it out and how that would influence trade relations, leaving it out would in the short term cause no difference, as dorne won’t have learned about it yet, however could have consequences in the long term. Ser Theomore has made the argument that it would instigate dorne to declare war on the seven kingdoms, seems as a hyperbole to me, the dornish don’t have the manpower to be able to take on the seven kingdoms, the only reason they did win in the past, is that they were fighting in their own terrain. They might however, demand recompense of some kind, in which case we should double our efforts to find a way to repay them.”

"
So you agree with Yoren that we should find a way to pay the families then? Do you think the punishments suggested are harsh enough? If we kill off the entirety of the Bracken cavalry then the Brackens will lose one of their primary military units, so even if the Blackwoods are too hurt by are sanctions to attack, then other houses in the area may attempt to take advantage of that situation, just as House Darry is attempting to capitalize on the insults against their House's lands. Which also leads us to need to discuss the House Darry Situation, if House Darry is not compensated from our treaty they may very well attempt to compensate themselves from the weakened House Darry."

Septon Arlyn sighs,

"
As much vindication as it would give to treat all of these Bracken cavalry to the hangman's noose, how will that preserve peace? Certainly it will give justice to those who have died but it will not bring them back. This is why the mother helps temper the fathers wrath with her mercy, for many who yet live deserve death, and few who have died deserve life. However, it is not our place to give it to them."

Septon Arlyn looks down at his hands.

"
I have brought people whom were on the brink of death back to life, master Terren. They called me administer their last rights, yet I was able to nurse them back to health. It was a miracle, or so I thought. Blessed by the Gods."

Septon Arlyn scoffs at himself.

"
And yet with these two hands I've also just this week brought about the grisly end at the end of a sharpened stake too the bandits who attacked the Sept. Four men died horrible deaths. And one of them I had saved all those years before "
Septon Arlyn's voice is bitter and full of remorse.

Rounding back to the conversation at hand he concludes, "
while words may seem a trifling thing, or naming a nationality of merchants, doing so may have many intended repercussions. Ser Theomore is correct in this, and although the statements of dorne attacking the seven kingdoms may be a hyperbolic, dorne may indeed declare war, and the good King, not a man to suffer insult against his family or name, may very well gather an army from the riverlands and storm lands to try and crush the dornish into submission."

Septon Arlyn looks to the young Dulver.

"
That army may very well be from those he chose to represent the kings banner in this matter, to help answer the insult that our treaty caused."

Septon Arlyn shakes his head,

"
We do not want a war with dorne. Not if we can help by choosing language that favors peace."
even if such language would prevent an insult upon prince Daemon.

Terren Dulver wrote:Terren pauzes a few seconds, and then continuous “However, we can’t overlook the fact that it seems to be an issue between the blacks, who support house Blackwood and the greens, who support house Bracken, which makes this vote even trickier. the fact that Lord Haig, at least according to Lord Baelon, tried to cast doubt in the situation, reinforces my suspicions, that this issue runs far deeper, than it would appear at first glance. Which certainly grants the opportunity, to improve relations with either side, since both we as well as house Bartheld have not yet spoken out either way, we could certainly find a way to benefit from it.”

"
Aye, the good's were gathered Lord Haig, and if they were spirited away to the black cavalry mercenaries only to be discovered by the investigating house, and whose number was significantly smaller it reeks of a set up. But who does the set up favor more. The green house Bracken? Or an unknown black force, hoping to draw attention away from the fact that it was a dornish caravan and place the blame on mere raiders to draw attention away from one of prince Daemons failures."

Septon Arlyn nods along, as he is speaking quietly, moving his hands slightly for emphasis.

"
There was some one pulling the strings here. If we can figure out why it may help us understand what we are dealing with here."

Terren Dulver wrote:
Terren will pause for once more and then ask “Is there any way to know from which area in dorne the merchants came from, did anyone actually see them, that knowledge would certainly help the situation.”

"
Such knowledge would help, even if it was merely to repay the families. Maybe we should try and find out after this assembly is over."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:04 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:"
So you agree with Yoren that we should find a way to pay the families then? Do you think the punishments suggested are harsh enough? If we kill off the entirety of the Bracken cavalry then the Brackens will lose one of their primary military units, so even if the Blackwoods are too hurt by are sanctions to attack, then other houses in the area may attempt to take advantage of that situation, just as House Darry is attempting to capitalize on the insults against their House's lands. Which also leads us to need to discuss the House Darry Situation, if House Darry is not compensated from our treaty they may very well attempt to compensate themselves from the weakened House Darry."

"
We should use the money to aid the smallfolk, but since we can't really directly pay the smallfolk, so we should use it to aid in their rebuilding efforts. I do believe the current punishments are sufficient and we certainly shouldn't kill off the Bracken cavalry, but we should punish them, perhaps force them to spend a portion of their wages as repayment to house Darry, which would help deal with the house Darry situation."

Septon Arlyn wrote:Rounding back to the conversation at hand he concludes, "
while words may seem a trifling thing, or naming a nationality of merchants, doing so may have many intended repercussions. Ser Theomore is correct in this, and although the statements of dorne attacking the seven kingdoms may be a hyperbolic, dorne may indeed declare war, and the good King, not a man to suffer insult against his family or name, may very well gather an army from the riverlands and storm lands to try and crush the dornish into submission."

Septon Arlyn looks to the young Dulver.

"
That army may very well be from those he chose to represent the kings banner in this matter, to help answer the insult that our treaty caused."

Septon Arlyn shakes his head,

"
We do not want a war with dorne. Not if we can help by choosing language that favors peace."
even if such language would prevent an insult upon prince Daemon.

"
I do agree we should not name Dorne in the treaty, but we should notify Dorne indirectly, my suggestion would be to find out from which region of dorne they came from, to send repayments to that region and to notify them of what has happened, preferably before the rumours arrive there, and that we punished the transgressors."

Septon Arlyn wrote:"
Aye, the good's were gathered Lord Haig, and if they were spirited away to the black cavalry mercenaries only to be discovered by the investigating house, and whose number was significantly smaller it reeks of a set up. But who does the set up favor more. The green house Bracken? Or an unknown black force, hoping to draw attention away from the fact that it was a dornish caravan and place the blame on mere raiders to draw attention away from one of prince Daemons failures."

Septon Arlyn nods along, as he is speaking quietly, moving his hands slightly for emphasis.

"
There was some one pulling the strings here. If we can figure out why it may help us understand what we are dealing with here."

"
We should perhaps take a closer look on the raids, since I do intend to remain in the area for a few months, I'll see what I can do."

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Terren will take a long pauze to consider the possible consequences [url]Cunning(logic): 5d6k4 18[/url]

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:43 pm

viewtopic.php?f=189&
t=2473&
start=110#p73447

[url:3k8hkll2]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=189&
t=2473&
start=110#p73447[/url:3k8hkll2]

Tymon +1 assist

[url=Coordinate Terren's result for dornish on treaty day 7 students wisdom][/url]: 4d6 13

Septon +2 coordinate

Total of 21
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:44 pm

Terrens eyes shoot up towards the Septon and Ser Tymon, "
This is a bad idea, we should not include dorne in the treaty."

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:06 pm

Septon Arlyn nods, "
exactly, it may be good for the greens to include the words dorne in the treaty, however if peace is what we are after then including them will only inflame tensions."
Septon Arlyn sighs heavily.

"
Do you wish to bring this to the attention of the room Terren? Or would you prefer it was me."
Septon Arlyn asks.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:11 pm

"
I think it would be better for you to bring up our concern, since most of them don't know me and you have a good reputation with most of them. I would suggest as an argument, that it would cause problems for the seven kingdoms by stoking old fires, but in particular for the Blacks and Prince Daemon, given his previous clashes with Dorne. "

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:24 pm

Samurel had been keeping a watchful eye and a clear ear to the conversation and it's wording, keeping the simple guise of the Marsten cup bearer.
[url=Stealth (Blend In)][/url]: 5d6k4+3 17

*Quite, quite interesting.*

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:33 pm

Septon Arlyn nods at young Terren's words, "
I shall speak then. The voting is nearly complete but at least with our warning hopefully some will change their mind.

With that the Septon rises

[url:3f7kandf]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=189&
t=2473&
p=73521#p73521[/url:3f7kandf]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:21 am

[url:3j52qig4]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=189&
t=2473&
p=73817#p73817[/url:3j52qig4]

Septon Arlyn whispers to Terren, "
I'm sorry boy, I tried. Hopefully our assumptions are wrong as Lady Gwyn posits"
Septon Arlyns voice and tone belayed that he did not believe that the deductions of Terren were incorrect, but that after Septon Arlyn made his plea there was little else he could do, as Lady Corrine held the ultimate authority over these proceedings.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum