Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8, Any] Scrutinising the treaty

+12
Benedict Marsten
Terren Dulver
Nathaniel Mason
Yoren longshore
Lady Corrine Marsten
Septon Arlyn
Samurel Manderly
Ereth Redwain
Davain Bartheld
Gwyneth Drakeson
Daveth Coldbrook
Reader
16 posters

Go down

[D8, Any] Scrutinising the treaty Empty [D8, Any] Scrutinising the treaty

Post by Reader Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:58 pm

Drafting the final treaty, ensuring the correct seals are in place and the right precedents are adhered to is an arduous task. Opportunities to uncover the intentions of other houses and build a reputation for political savvy abound, as do chances to make a fool of your family with aurochs-headed drafting and sloppy penmanship. What lessons have been learned and enemies made by those beneath the royal banner?

Participants: any number per house. No assists/coordinates.

Tests:
Optional before other rolls are made
Will (dedication) TN 9 to slog through the treaty and evidence in full
- Success = +1b per DoS to use on mandatory rolls, may be allocated after rolls are made
- Failure = 1 fatigue
- Critical failure = 1 fatigue, -1 influence as your tired hand inserts mistakes in to the treaty

Mandatory
Cunning (Memory or Logic) TN 10
Knowledge (Education) TN 10
Status (Breeding) TN 10
- Failure on any roll = -1 influence
- Critical failure = -3 influence

Rewards based on total DoS across mandatory rolls
3 DoS =>
Discover another house's objective [nominate a house, may be chosen multiple times]
3 DoS =>
1 glory [choose once only]
4 DoS =>
10 speciality XP for Knowledge (education) or Cunning (memory/logic), or Will (dedication) if optional roll undertaken [choose once only]
1 DoS = 5 gold dragons from gifts as a result of settling minor disputes [may be chosen multiple times]
Highest total (excluding Will roll) =>
additional +1 glory [please sum your total rolls if you wish to be considered for this award]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D8, Any] Scrutinising the treaty Empty Re: [D8, Any] Scrutinising the treaty

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:43 pm

Daveth works slowly and methodically through the treaty, never losing focus, attempting to unsnarl as many issues as possible, understanding that the next conflict could spring from the smallest of sources.

[url=Scrutinizing Treaty - Will (TN9)][/url]: 4d6 12 1 DoS +1B
[url=Scrutinizing Treaty - Cunning (TN10)][/url]: 4d6 12 1 DoS
[url=Scrutinizing Treaty - Knowledge (Edu) TN10][/url]: 5d6k4 19 2 DoS Spend a DP to turn bonus die into test die, giving +2, 21 3 DoS
[url=Scrutinizing Treaty - Status (Breeding) TN10][/url]: 5d6k3+1 16 2 DoS
[url=Scrutinizing Treaty - +1B on Cunning Roll][/url]: 1d6 1 Well, that doesn't help!
Total: 6 DoS
Will (Dedication) +1B and 10 gold dragons.

Total roll: 49

Last edited by 133 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:44 pm

Gwyn scrutinizes!

[url=Will (Dedication) at Scrutinising Treaty][/url]: 4d6 14;
2 DoS
[url=Cunning - Scrutinizing Treaty][/url]: 4d6 16;
2 DoS
[url=Knowledge (education) Scrutinizing Treaty][/url]: 3d6 7
Using both my bonus dice here
[url=Knowledge (education) Bonus Dice Scrutinizing Treaty][/url]: 2d6 12
Aww yeah...so with those awesome bonus dice, I got a 16, which is 2 DoS!
[url=Status (breeding) at Scrutinizing Treaty][/url]: 6d6k4 17;
2 DoS

Total: 49
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:34 pm

Davain burned the midnight oil in order to make sure everything was in place and justice was served.

[url=StT Will][/url]: 3d6 17 2DoS
[url=StT Cunning(logic)][/url]: 5d6k3 16
[url=StT Knowledge][/url]: 2d6 5
[url=StT Status][/url]: 5d6+2 23

1 BD to Knowledge 1BD to Status
[url=StT Bonus Dice Knowledge][/url]: 1d6 6
[url=StT Bonus Dice Status][/url]: 1d6 4

Totals
Cunning: 16 2DoS
Knowledge: 10 1DoS
Total over all: 52 with 7 DoS

Going to Take +1 Glory and +10 speciality XP to Will (dedication)
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:06 am

Ereth reads the paper he has done other things with more patience, he can pull through this and find the truth between the lines.

[url=Scrutinising the treaty - Will (Dedication)][/url]: 4d6k3 17 - 2 DoS

[url=Scrutinising the treaty - Cunning (Logic) (+1B)][/url]: 4d6k3 12 - 1 DoS
[url=Scrutinising the treaty - Knowledge (Education) (+1B)][/url]: 4d6k3 14 - 1 DoS
[url=Scrutinising the treaty - Status (Breeding) +2 HoH][/url]: 5d6k4+2 20 - 3 DoS

Total: 46

5 DoS
- Knowledge (Education)
-5 Gold Dragons
= 5 DoS spent

Edit: I was spending a DP for more DoS and higher total, but it's not worth it, after looking at Mr. Bartheld rolls lol
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:55 am

Samurel Looks over the documents in his spare time, making sure to do so when his presence would be un-intrusive.
[url=Stealth (Blend In)][/url]: 5d6k4+3 25
[url=Will (Dedication)][/url]: 3d6k3 12 1 D0S
[url=Cunning (Logic)][/url]: 3d6k3 8 0 DoS
[url=Knowledge (Education)][/url]: 3d6k3 11 1 DoS
[url=Status (Breeding)][/url]: 3d6k3 8 0 DoS

Using Bonus Die with Cunning (Logic) [url=Cunning (Logic) Bonus Die][/url]: 1d6k1 2 (Still no success = -1 Influence)
Using DP on Status (Breeding) [url=Status (Breeding) Bonus Die][/url]: 1d6k1 6

Status Breeding Becomes 6+5+2 = 13 = 1 DoS

2 DoS towards 10 Gold Dragons

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

[D8, Any] Scrutinising the treaty Empty Re: [D8, MN- EM] Scrutinising the treaty

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:00 am

Septon Arlyn had a hard week, however he had just given a sermon yesterday about the importance of treaty drafting and he was going to be damned if he had to put his foot in his mouth. Septon Arlyn procured a desk at the corner of the pavilion. He set a stack of candles in a small basket to his left side, and on the other he had an empty basket, with many leaves of blank parchment stacked up on the desk. Gods be with me tonight the Septon Thinks to himself and sets to work. Ignoring the sounds of snoring around him, and the rustle of soldiers pants and clank of armor against weapons as they passed the tent the Septon Remained focused on his task. The smell of woodsmoke and unwashed bodies permeated the air, leading the septon to smell it even as there was no one else in the pavilion with him. Gods, it stinks, maybe I should speak with Ser Garred about ensuring that all soldiers bathe once every three days Septon Arlyn smiles at such a ridiculous notion. I can just imagine it now, "
Hey your men should keep themselves clean, it helps reduce diseases and lice amongst the men"
"
In my day diseases and lice were what built character, grumble grumble something something , nosy septon"
Septon Arlyn chuckles at the thought and turns his attention back to the treaties he had gathered from the Warriors Seat. Oh good, they still have copies of the treaties they signed back in Septon Barths time, Good man that Septon, probably what made Jaehaerys such a good ruler, but best keep thoughts like that to myself eh? Septon Arlyn compares the verbiage to what he was given by the Marstens, making notes and changes to the wording to be more in line with what the great conciliator wrote. Hopefully by mimicking the most successful treaties of the past we can ensure that our treaty will be successful in the future.

Septon Arlyn's legs begin to cramp from sitting so long, so the septon gets up to streatch. As he arises he hears some scuffling of boots against the grass.Looks like someone else couldn't sleep well, Septon Arlyn pokes his head out from the slit in the tent and looks around. He sees Terren with his own lit candle and smiles to himself. quite a diligent boy that one is, he is quite smart once he puts his mind to something. He will make a good steward or caretaker someday. Septon Arlyn removes his head from the slit and moves back around the tent pacing. Oh Gods its going to be a long night. Hopefully this will bear fruit. I'm concerned that we have been set up to fail here. How can we, in one week, expect to change the future of these two feuding houses that have been at war or quasi war for longer than the faith has been in westeros? A fools errand to be sure. But whoever decided to do this was the greater fool in underestimating Lady Corrine, as well as the investigating houses. I doubt that so many skilled people can be found in one place outside of kings landing's court itself. Aye, a bunch of formidable houses to be sure they have assembled. Even if it was merely a neither the greens more blacks liked the who was chosen, as Lady Gwyn appears to think. Still it is strange that it took and edict from good king Viserys for action on this to occur. I wonder why Lord Tully was passed over.

So late into the night he spent reviewing the treaty, time seemed to stand still as the candles turned to wax on the small desk that Septon Arlyn was working diligently at. A lake of wax had formed by the end of the Septons vigil and the Septons Stomach was rumbling fiercely. I should have brought some grapes from the bartheld vineyard and some of the new redwyne cider everyone keeps talking about. It would not dull my senses as much as good bartheld wine would yet still quench my thirst. Septon Arlyn rubs this thick hands over his face and feels the growth underneath the pads of his fingers. God it's a never ending chore. But cleanliness is next to godliness, so its best to keep by face free from grime and to bath myself regularly. Especially with all the bleeding and grime that has been occurring, speaking of which. Septon Arlyn grabs his Maesters kit and opens the box, its various shelves standing up like steps with small boxes separating each item individually. He reaches for a bandage roll and places it carefully on the desk, as his Maesters kit was taking up the seat. He carefully unwraps the bandages and inspects his various injuries. as much as that Tullison maester offers unsolicited advice, he certainly does know a thing or three about healing. These stitches are nearly perfect, most people attempt to make them too tight, which prevents the skin from healing properly, on the other hand, people who do not know leave them too loose, and let the bad humors in. Impressive, very Impressive. I doubt I even need an external bandage on this. But I will put one their anyways as blood is so difficult to get out of clothing. Best not raise any more suspicion than necessary about some of my... extra curricular activities.

As the Septon finishes the bandaging Septon Arlyn notes that his candle is right at its base, burning up the last bit of thread. "
Best to snuff it out before I loose my light."
and with that Septon Arlyn blows out the candle and makes his way over to the cot. Laying on it gently the Septon hears the creaking groan of the wood and cloth as it stretches to conform to the big mans body. "
Listen to yourself, you sound like that maester, Ive had enough of this nonsense, let us get some rest and be done with it."
With those final words the Septon let the warmth his body heat up the quilts he was lying under, and drifts off to sleep.

[url=Scrutinizing the treaty day 7 will dedication][/url]: 5d6k4 19

3 dos

[url=Scrutinizing the treaty day 7 cunning][/url]: 3d6 11

[url=cunning bonus die][/url]: 1d6 1

[url=day 8 piety die for cunning][/url]: 1d6 4

[url=Scrutinizing the treaty day 7 knowledge education][/url]: 6d6k4 12

[url=knowledge education will bonus die day 8][/url]: 2#1d6 2 1

[url=Scrutinizing the treaty day 7 status][/url]: 3d6 16

(i didn't realize this was day 8, piety refreshed so I would have used it on cunning bringing total up to 15 and giving my an extra DOS)

4 DOS trade in for and extra education 1 B

Last edited by 167 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:27 am

Corrine knew her reputation was riding on the success of this treaty, and so she put as much effort as she could muster into checking it was the best she could make. The long, taxing week was taking it's toll, but she struggled through.

[ooc: more rp to come, once DoS rewards are worked out.]

[url=Will][/url]: 4d6 18 (+2b)

[url=Cunning][/url]: 2d6 7
[url=+1b to Cunning][/url]: 1d6 1
[url=+1b to Cunning][/url]: 1d6 2
[url=DP bonus dice][/url]: 1d6 3

Failed. -1 Fatigue

[url=Knowledge (Education)][/url]: 4d6k3 15[/url] - 1 = 14

[url=Status (Breeding)][/url]: 6d6k5 [b]21
-1 = 20

5 Total DoS

Choosing Cunning (Memory), and 5gd.

Roll total minus Will = 44

Last edited by 151 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:56 am; edited 4 times in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:10 pm

Throughout the whole night Yoren sits poring over the documents. He draws strength from the heat emitted by the brazier in his room, and seems impervious to the heat it's emitting. With him he has his own copy of the treaty, which he reads over with interest. Though he is barely proficient in the laws of the seven kingdoms he still looks over the documents with determination. If you had to be a master before you started looking into things you'd never become a master. Everyone started as an amateur, and though Yoren still considered himself an amateur he got a few tidbits of information from the treaty. He swiftly grew frustrated: For each answer he found as he pored through the Bracken library he found three new questions he had to answer. He read until dawn, and he'd be able to spend more time with the tomes, if he hadn't had to still look over his men. Still, even when looking over his men, he can't dispel the notion that he could have done more.

[url=Will to stay awake reading.][/url]: 6d6k5 13 (1dos)

[url=cunning logic][/url]: 4d6k3 16 (2dos)

[url=Knowledge education][/url]: 4d6k3 15(2dod)

[url=Status Breeding with Will bonus dice.][/url]: 5d6k4 24 [url=pious to status][/url]: 1d6 1 (4dos)

Rewards: 10xp to a bonus dice, 1 glory and 5 GD

Total: 56

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:55 pm

Nathan removed is reading glasses and rubbed his eyes. At this point, the results of the treaty were irrelevant to him. However he had made a promise, and he always kept his word. There was an unseen hand to all of this, a Dornish hand if his information, and his gut, were correct. Even the lightest touch of a hand left fingerprints. Of course, few would believe him. 'The Bartheld Aide' was just a euphemism for what they really wanted to call him. Not that he cared two coppers.

The huge stacks of papers had taunted him. It was like looking for specific grains of sand in a very large desert. However, patterns had emerged. Events, that on their surface had seemed inconsequential took on more interesting view when coupled with similar events.

Cracking his neck and reaching for fresh paper, he began to write his report to Grandmaester Orwyle.

[url=Scrutinising the treaty - Will (Dedication)][/url]: 6d6k4 14
[url=Scrutinising the treaty - Will Bonus Dice][/url]: 1d6 5 1d6 1

[url=Scrutinising the treaty - Cunning (Memory)][/url]: 5d6k4 14
[url=Scrutinising the treaty - Cunning (Memory) - Lucky][/url]: 5d6k4 18
Spend a Glory for a [url=Bonus Die][/url]: 1d6 4 20 3DoS

[url=Scrutinising the treaty - Knowledge (Education)][/url]: 5d6k4 17
Spend a DP to convert the 1 into a test die 18 +2BoA 20 3 DoS

[url=Scrutinising the treaty - Status (Breeding)][/url]: 2d6k1 5
Add the 5 as a bonus die. Spend a DP to convert it to a Test die. 10 1 DoS

Results: 7 DoS

10 exp to Cunning (Logic)
Discover Dornish objectives.

Total: 50
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:22 pm

Terren will spend the majority of the night looking over the treaty and taking notes, knowing the Septon is doing the same.
[url=Scrutinising the treaty- Will][/url]: 5d6 21 3DoS
[url=Scrutinising the treaty- Cunning(Logic)][/url]: 5d6k4 19 bonus die: [url=Bonus Die][/url]: 1d6 6 I spend 1 Destiny point to make this BD a test die total: 25 4 DoS
[url=Knowledge][/url]: 3d6 12 total :12 1 DoS
[url=Scrutinising the treaty- Status][/url]: 3d6 10bonus die : [url=Bonus Die][/url]: 1d6 5 2ndbonus die: [url=Bonus Die][/url]: 1d6 5 total: 15 2 DoS
making a grand total of 52 with 7 DoS
I'll take the +1 glory and the Knowledge (education)

Last edited by 199 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:07 pm

(OOC: What is the tie breaker for this. I can spend my destiny point to tie Yoren overall, but he will still have more degrees of success.)
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:10 am

Davain Bartheld wrote:(OOC: What is the tie breaker for this. I can spend my destiny point to tie Yoren overall, but he will still have more degrees of success.)

[normally I specify DoS, but as I didn't here I'll give +1 glory to everyone tied at the top]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:01 pm

[OOC: Neverming turns out it won't be enough to tie. I don't spend any glory and Yoren wins.]
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:52 am

[url=Treaty Will TN 9][/url]: 3d6 15

[url=Treaty cunning TN 10][/url]: 3d6 12

[url=Treaty knowledge TN 10][/url]: 2d6 4
[url=Treaty +1b knowledge][/url]: 1d6 3
[url=Treaty +1b knowledge][/url]: 1d6 3
[url=DP +1b knowledge][/url]: 1d6 3 Still fail

[url=Treaty status TN 10][/url]: 3d6 12

Ben had little trouble remaining vigilant. He smartly dissected the treaty. Where he faltered, he tumbled. His base knowledge lacked the depth and scope to cover the many topics. He was grateful, for what little extra Maester Leopold had taught him, or it may have been worse. His baring and nobility carry him through the small embarrassment.

Last edited by 113 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:38 pm

Theomore sat up with Haelis all night, looking through everything, discussing the materials and proceedings with him. Taking copious notes along the way. While Theomore was generally able to force himself through any ordeal when needed, the maester, apparently, could not, falling asleep in the morning and making no threats of actually waking up to accompany him to the treaty deliberations. Well, Theomore was not about to let the maester's good work go to waste, no. Though what was that about early birds? Theomore's notes comes from their discussions, he did take part in those discussions if mostly to listen and ask question, and sleepyheads are best not embarrassed by having to explain why they are not on hand to present their own arguments. So Theomore is a good friend and allows the good maester to sleep like a baby with no shame brought upon him, while ensuring that his hand will touch the treaty all the same. Of course, those other present would never know these additions to come from someone else than Theomore unless they happened to be of the suspicious sort.

[url=scrutiny-will][/url]: 3d6 9 1 DoS
[url=scrutiny-cunning][/url]: 3d6 [url=applying +1b][/url]: 1d6 12 1 DoS
[url=scrutiny-deception(DP for ability substitution)][/url]: 5d6k4+2 18 2 DoS
[url=scrutiny-status][/url]: 4d6 [url=luck reroll][/url]: 4d6 13 1 DoS

4 DoS equals 10XP towards dedication.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:12 pm

While Kevan could not help but feeling a bit out of his depths, he nevertheless worked tirelessly to finish the work on the treaty. He was thankful that his father had provided him not only with the opportunity to become a knight, but also insisted that his children took as many lessons with septas and maesters as possible, ensuring that his children were prepared for the world they live in.
But all these lessons could not prevent the Marsten knight from committing a critical blunder, when he cited several historical events in a chapter to support the treaties decision, but mixed up two historical figures. Nevertheless, his work also had positive consequences for the young knight. With the main topics being decided by the voting process of the investigating houses, Ser Kevan managed to settle the dispute between two merchant factions about the ownership of a granary in the stone hedge.
Work was exhausting that much was true, but when he was finally finished with his chapters, he felt the satisfaction of having made a difference. Effort does indeed pay off

[url=StT - Will][/url]: 3d6 12 ->
1DoS

[url=StT - Cunning][/url]: 3d6 16 ->
2DoS
[url=StT - Knowledge][/url]: 2d6 6
[url=SsT - Bonus dice (Knowledge)][/url]: 1d6 2 ->
Failure
[url=StT - Status][/url]: 4d6+2 20 ->
3DoS

5 DoS / 42 Total
1 Bonus dice in Dedication
5 gold

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:48 pm

[ooc: bump to remind myself to compile official results]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:51 pm

Daveth Coldbrook - Will (Dedication) +1B and 10 gold dragons.
Gwyneth Drakeson - 6 DoS to allocate.
Davain Bartheld - +1 Glory and +10 speciality XP to Will (dedication)
Ereth Redwain - Knowledge (Education) 1B, +5 Gold Dragons
Samurel Manderly - 10 Gold Dragons, -1 influence to house Marsten.
Septon Arlyn - Education 1B
Corrine Marsten - Cunning (Memory), and 5gd. -1 influence to House Marsten.
Yoren Longshore - 10xp to a bonus dice, 1 glory and 5 GD, +1 additional glory for highest total.
Nathaniel Mason -10 exp to Cunning (Logic), Discover Dornish objectives.
Terren Dulver - +1 glory and the Knowledge (education)
Benedict Marsten - 2 DoS to allocate, -1 influence to House Marsten.
Theomore Tullison - 10XP towards dedication.
Kevan Lyras - 1 Bonus dice in Dedication, 5 gold, -1 influence to House Marsten.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:36 am

(4 DoS for me? I got 2 DoS for each of the three rolls.)
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:08 am

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:(4 DoS for me? I got 2 DoS for each of the three rolls.)

Corrected.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristayne Tullison Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:20 pm

Tristayne, partially recovered from the strife of recent events, set about pawing through the treaty, reading up on the background of it and spending hour after hour first examining the exact language of the document, then going through the individual clauses with a fine toothed comb, managing the legal language with a skillful ease. Then, he attempted to draw on his limited knowledge of nobility generally to find faults and flaws in the document.

[url=Will][/url]: 4d6 14
[url=Cunning][/url]: 4d6 17
[url=Knowledge of Legalese][/url]: 5d6 14 (I'll spend a DP to reroll the 1 by adding a bonus dice.) [url=DP Bonus Dice (Reroll of One)][/url]: 1d6 2 (Just eases me up a DOS)
[url=Status][/url]: 4d6k3 11

Spending my now 4 DOS on 10 Specialty EXP for Knowledge (Education)

Tristayne Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Galladon of Claw Isle Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:33 pm

Galladon looks over thew treaty as best he may, though his ability to make much of it is highly limited by his lack of education.

Will (Dedication): 4d6k3 11
Cunning: 3d6 8
Knowledge: 2d6 7
Galladon of Claw Isle
Galladon of Claw Isle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down