Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7, EE]Penny For Your Thoughts(and a pitcher too)

2 posters

Go down

[D7, EE]Penny For Your Thoughts(and a pitcher too) Empty [D7, EE]Penny For Your Thoughts(and a pitcher too)

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:54 am

The Penny Pitcher didn't seem much to look at upon first glance, or any other numerous glance your patience extends for you to take. The building seemed to possess a slight lean and much of the exterior seemed clearly in need of various repairs or replacement. From the outside the interior seemed poorly lit yet clearly a bit loud and rowdy. It might not be the ideal spot for most investigators to gather their thoughts and sort through the weeks events but it seemed ideal to Luecian. It helped that the establishment came highly recommended by many of the House Dulver soldiers that he kept company with.

Walking in the place was fairly crowded with a clientele of a sort that made the huntsman feel more relaxed and less uncertain of his place than anywhere else this week, well anywhere roughly considered civilized at least. Upon entering he spots the towering yet balding barkeep and offers him a smile and a copper for the house special, a penny picture of course. The man gave a half smile exposing as many teeth missing as no while he filled a large glass and slid it over to the newcomer. The "
pitcher"
seemed to be a large pint in truth but it bothered the huntsman not at all. The price was cheap, the drink wasn't the worst he'd had and the place was alive to put it mildly. Other patrons seemed to be in various activities of arguing, singing drunkenly, wrestling and well passing out in random spots before the barkeep managed to wake them up and kick them out.

Taking a seat in a lesser populated back corner, the huntsman takes a small sip of the large pint and another in repetition before the calming effect of the constant state of chaos sends him in a odd sort of reverie and deep in his own thoughts.
Do me best not to show it but it be nerve wracking dealing with all these nobles and all these terrible and serious events. Damned if it don't make a fellow exhausted to keep good humor and outlook. Be seemin the further it get the more everyone be looking at the other with a mistrustful glance whether it be warranted or not. Hell truth be told who be knowing when it's warranted or not, been having doubts of me own certainties as well. Lately not even be completely sure what the Dulver nobles and the Septon be up to, innocent misunderstandings, calculated moves or something else completely. Politics meh what a thing for a sort like meself to be dragged into. Whole thing just makes a poor fellow want to crawl in a cask and hide for the night at least if not a tenday or two.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

[D7, EE]Penny For Your Thoughts(and a pitcher too) Empty Re: [D7, EE]Penny For Your Thoughts(and a pitcher too)

Post by Loreia Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:49 am

As an armed and armored woman enters the bar, a few heads swivel on their shoulders as some stare a little too long. One of the patrons sidles up to her as she sits down and orders a pint, but backs off the moment she turns her head to look at him and an audible growl emanates below, from the hound that had its day of fame during hunt Lord Haigh timed rather poorly - or rather well, to garner favor? General talk among the patrons meanders toward mention of the Shieldmaiden lounging in the Penny Pitcher, but quickly flows back to gossip of the daily grind.

She seems to be keeping to herself and what little privacy she can in the eye of a swirling storm of drunkards.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

[D7, EE]Penny For Your Thoughts(and a pitcher too) Empty Re: [D7, EE]Penny For Your Thoughts(and a pitcher too)

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:42 am

Luecian notices the slight shift in the crowd's energy and looks up surprised to recognize the woman standing at the bar. He chuckles as badger seems to scare off a patron who got a bit too close. Mayhaps Nathaniel Mason would lend me his ear, meself be thinking he be the man who would know best how to walk this path me feet be on and not trip. Finishing up his previous line of thought, he decides to say hello to a familiar face.

Walking over to the bar, he tries to project his voice over the crowd's noise. "
Shieldmaiden Loreia, be surprising to see yerself here, didn't be much expectin any other investigators to be showing up here truth be told. Be minding if meself joined ya for a drink or two? Its been a near exhaustin and crazy week here eh."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:25 am

"
Luecian? Aye, tired an' crazy - sounds right."
She makes the "
go ahead"
motion with her head to invite him to sit. "
I needed to get away from Raventree Hall an' the royal pavilions. I was at the meeting where they talked about what to write in the treaty, an' there's been too much arguin' over things both great an' small."
And some people becoming annoying. "
I don't mind a little company, though."
She lifts her mug to go for another drink.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:57 am

Taking the seat the huntsman nods to her words."
Ah yes meself wasn't required to attend and figured it'd be a low chance of being needed or missed at such a showing. Be feeling pretty glad to miss it at the moment but sounds you surely be deserving a few drinks. Things be winding down I guess and it be a good thing, no doubtin there's only so many explosions, bandit fights, battles, and rebellions one can be takin in a such a short time."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:51 am

She nods. "
Bandits I don't mind, but people who aren't scum, people who know better, that's different. We're still feelin' that incident at the mines. Lord Yoren feels it's Lord Baelon fault for what happened, and he may be right. If you ask me, the Ironborn shouldn't have been here. Kinslayin' bastard brought this on himself. If Lord Yoren'd left his men at home, you mark my words, the inn wouldn't have burst into green flames."
Another sip.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:35 am

Luecian shrugs to the shieldmaiden's words. "
No telling what happens on yesterday's hunts with today's knowings, something different, something better or mayhaps even something worse. King's request invited House Longshore so it be above any of our hands. The mines incident though, it do seem that is still far from settled for some especially Lord Yoren. For all many weren't fond of the ironborn warrior, a brother is a brother in the end. I've heard tell many think Lord Drakeson could have been handling it better but again we all be the wiser when looking back rather than forward. Surely there's more things than not of which that can be be said about, we do our best in the moment with no knowing where it might lead. Meself was just happy to clear the area with no other bloodshed on that day and move to the next. All in all we tracked the wildfire down, with some losses eh but coulda been worse no doubtin."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:03 pm

"
Oh."
Her next mouthful of ale goes down sour. "
You're right. The king could've decided that House Coldbrook wasn't needed. Beyond the idea of Lady Corrine bein' much like the cold, stone statue everyone says her mother is, I don't see how the situation could've..."

With a sigh, she drops the impertinent sentiment. "
I'm sorry. I s'pose Lord Yoren could've refused to help us search for the wildfire, so...you do have it right. Lord Daveth is still alive, I've been thankin' the Mother for that in my prayers."
Muttering under her breath, she adds, "
The people who were arrested in those caves would've shared his fate if he hadn't survived."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:50 pm

"
I surely do not be doubtin it you taking yer vengeance or yer prowess to do so. Meself have not met Lord Daveth but yer words speak well of em. Meself envy the place you carved out for yerself among these nobles and in House Coldbrook. Meself been tryin to fit in both with what me newish duties be in House Dulver and fit in with all the knights and nobles present. It all be a new thing for meself. Sometimes be feeling well on how it be going but others like the ceremony at Raventree hall..well let's say me foot ends up in me mouth. Sometimes it be feeling for every dice roll going me way, meself be losing two others."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:55 pm

Yea, I was there for that. The mention of his grim blunder elicits a smirk at the way he puts it. "
Sometimes, the best words are spoken through silence."

"
Lord Daveth is a good lad. When I first joined House Coldbrook at Grenward, he was my first friend. I owe him a lot. When I wanted to fight for Lord Tomas, I was sure I'd have to spend at least a week provin' I was able. After all, we're situated a fair distance* from the North. He surprised me though, but lookin' back, I know it was because the people of House Coldbrook are stout northerners. They don't mind it much when a woman chooses her role rather than let others tell her what it'll be."

* - If I read it correctly, Castle Grenward and the surrounding lands were previously owned by House Tully.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:19 pm

"
Aye be thinking you're right there. Strange as it seems might be your best words sometimes be those you never said."

The huntsman shakes his head for a moment at how odd that seems to him.
After a moment he takes a drink and continues with a half smile.
"
Reckon skill be the most important thing meself, if ya can get the job done...well then the job gets done and the rest is for minds other than me own I guess. And as yerself be called the shield maiden so it be fairly known now that ya can do the job."

"
Weren't too many young boys of an age around Deepen Hall so been knowin Ser Walton and then Ser Tymon as we ran around the keep trying to have some fun. Makes sense I guess but lost touch over the years as they went off to for noble training and squirehoods and such. Now be getting to know them again as men and sometimes surely be wishing we were still just three lads playing pranks and such on the servants and guards."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:21 am

Luecian wrote:"
Reckon skill be the most important thing meself, if ya can get the job done...well then the job gets done and the rest is for minds other than me own I guess. And as yerself be called the shield maiden so it be fairly known now that ya can do the job."
"
We both know that's only half true for me,"
she replies reticently, in contrast to the kind look in her eyes.

Luecian wrote:"
Weren't too many young boys of an age around Deepen Hall so been knowin Ser Walton and then Ser Tymon as we ran around the keep trying to have some fun. Makes sense I guess but lost touch over the years as they went off to for noble training and squirehoods and such. Now be getting to know them again as men and sometimes surely be wishing we were still just three lads playing pranks and such on the servants and guards."
"
Tell me about Lord Walton. Is he that much different from when you knew him as a young boy?"
she asks. "
So far, the only people I've met from the house are you an' the septon. What small bits I've heard of dour Lord Walton are nothin' nice."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:37 pm

The huntsman takes a drink and ponders for a bit before responding.
"
Aye we all be a bit different surely mayhaps Ser Walton the most. Ser is a warrior and soldier first and foremost and its no surprising as he was always a huge lad. Surely he'd prefer a barracks or practice yards to a great courtly event on any day. He be good to his men though and more likely than most nobles to be sharing meal and drink with his soldiers on common occasion. No doubtin at times he can be a bit like that great sword he carries round though- Large, Deadly and sharp around the edges. He did well protecting his lands and people when the false knight and his bandits came calling into Dulver lands, glad for me friends back home that he put that mad dog down."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:28 am

Loreia raises her mug. "
Highborn, lowborn, some men are born thugs. On the Iron Islands, it's all a man can ever be. But however an' wherever you're born, all do whatever they will to protect home an' hearth"
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:30 am

"
Aye no doubtin Ser Benjen was a thug no matter his birth, be feeling the river lands be better off without em."

"
Do yerself and badger be plannin on searching for the missing House Daleford girl after this be over? Believin Ser Jorah was plannin on doing so if I recall."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:12 am

[OOC: I rolled Awareness for you("
test"
result, unsaved in Orokos), and you realize she's not just referring to Benjen Frey.]

"
Do yerself and badger be plannin on searching for the missing House Daleford girl after this be over? Believin Ser Jorah was plannin on doing so if I recall."
"
Aye, I'll aid him if I can."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:23 am

[url=Awareness Empathy-Loreai][/url]: 3d6 11 Notice remarks and comments were aimed at more than Ser BenJen
[url=Bluff to pretend Luecian did not notice full intent of remarks][/url]: 4d6k3 11

(OOC- I went ahead and rolled an awareness for it as well. I did realize she likely wasn't referring to Ser Benjen alone but subtly decided to pretend otherwise and attempt to steer the conversation elsewhere as it wasn't an area Luecian felt comfortable lingering. Rolled a bluff for that as well to give the impression he did not catch the full intent)

"
Glad to be hearing it! Hoping we can be findin the girl and somehow also be findin a good ending to the tale as well. No doubtin a group including the likes a badger, yerself, me own humble and talented self and Ser Jorah can be getting many a thing done eh, surely with some luck we be fixin this up right as rain."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:02 am

"
'Humble an' talented', eh? Mayhaps we ask the Princess to send her royal Fool in your place. Now, there's a talented one, for his size - so I've heard, an' plenty humble...or 'humbled', more like."
She grins and raises her mug again to down the amber ambrosia...as if. She never drank it for the taste, at least no one ever did at places like the Penny Pitcher. Ale goes down smoother in the presence of warm dispositions, but Luecian's rambling reveals further interest beyond her company...what did he find so interesting about her, that he would join her of his own initiative while others detest her from afar?

"
So, I told you me own story 'bout where I came from. And 'ow 'bout you? What sort of place you lookin' to 'carve out' for your own self?"

[I feel like we sort of skirted the meat discussion of our rendezvous, and didn't quite get into it proper. I realize it's been a long while, but consider this an invitation to get back into the campaign if you ever check back and are still interested.]
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum