Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings, I'm the new one

+2
Lady Corrine Marsten
Ser Oswald
6 posters

Go down

Greetings, I'm the new one Empty Greetings, I'm the new one

Post by Ser Oswald Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:38 am

Hello, I'm new here and would like to get some Information about the green houses before deciding which one to join. I also wonder whether it would be possible to start as Knight 'with a job' in contrast to a hedge Knight. The concept so for is an older smallfolk-born mercenary allowed to become a Squire at the Stepstones and later knighted.
Ser Oswald
Ser Oswald

Back to top Go down

Greetings, I'm the new one Empty Re: Greetings, I'm the new one

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:59 am

Welcome! The Green Houses that have PCs are Bartheld and Dulver. I think House Kytley is Green too, though we have no players in that House.

Here is alink to the bit of the forum that contains information and background for the Houses: https://dragonsdance.rpg-board.net/f2-home-houses

I reckon a Knight and sworn sword is a fine character concept.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:22 am

Hello and welcome!

Most of our knightly characters began 'with a job' as you phrased it, so that is certainly an option. I think some of the newer knight characters opted to start without one as a way to explain why their characters had not been involved in prior events.

As Corrine said, Houses Bartheld and Dulver are the predominant Green houses. I believe each have 3 players currently active, though House Bartheld may soon be losing one due to the narrator transition. All of the houses have distinctive 'tone' to them; I would suggest reading through some of the recent events to get a sense of the players; in my opinion that is more important than the houses' histories and NPCs for ensuring you enjoy playing.

Corrine, I believe House Kytley is Black, House Marten under Isobel was the third Green house at start... it just so happened that all of us players in it were Black supporters and upended Isobel's hardcore traditionalism fairly quickly.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:37 am

The info in the following thread has mostly remained true, with the only difference being House Marsten switching teams early on.

https://dragonsdance.rpg-board.net/t25-step-by-step-character-creation-guide

House Kytley has no players, but they have married one of their daughters to House Coldbrook's NPC'd Garrett Coldbrook, so soloing that house and switching teams is probably off the table at this point.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:57 am

Batheld can always use your services!
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Alfred Haigh Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:07 am

Greenies !