Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 3: Early Night] The Dragon's Lash (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

[Day 3: Early Night] The Dragon's Lash (Closed) Empty [Day 3: Early Night] The Dragon's Lash (Closed)

Post by Jon Cobb Sun May 03, 2015 10:21 pm

A summons from the Prince? Is he calling in his favor already? Jon thought as he followed the messenger to Prince Daemon's chambers. Hmm, probably not. His errand boy doesn't look too happy, so the Prince probably isn't either. Well, it won't be the first time he chews me out. Nothing for it but to "
batten down the hatches"
- wasn't that the phrase the Sea Snake was always throwing about when there was trouble brewing?

They arrived at the Prince's door and the messenger knocked. "
Enter"
, a voice called from inside. Jon took a deep breath, straightened his posture, and followed the messenger into the dragon's lair...

Last edited by 117 on Mon May 04, 2015 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

[Day 3: Early Night] The Dragon's Lash (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 3: Early Night] The Dragon's Lash (Closed)

Post by Reader Sun May 03, 2015 10:29 pm

Prince Daemon is wroth and unafraid to show it.

He is an intimidating presence even when content, but Daemon has provoked the Dragon's ire.

"
I expected better Ser Jon. You should have told me you had sought Green aid."

There is no question as yet, simply fury and disappointment.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[Day 3: Early Night] The Dragon's Lash (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 3: Early Night] The Dragon's Lash (Closed)

Post by Jon Cobb Tue May 05, 2015 8:39 pm

What's he talking about? I never sought aid from the Greens for Brom? Taken aback by the prince's statement, Jon fumbles for a moment to regain his composure.

"
My prince...what? Sought aid from the Greens? I...I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean, my prince. To my knowledge, I haven't approached any Greens in my attempts to gain Brom a pardon from the King."

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue May 05, 2015 8:54 pm

Now the fury that has allowed Daemon to defeat fine warriors and cow courtiers.

"
LORD TULLY! EXPLAIN YOURSELF MAN!"
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Tue May 05, 2015 9:24 pm

Jon finds himself involuntarily snapping to attention before the wrothful prince, his mind racing to comprehend the Prince's words. Tully? What? OH!

"
Lord Tully? My prince, that was a completely different matter. As you are no doubt aware, Brom's departure has left House Bartheld leaderless, with his son and grandson both working to succeed him. Ser Fendrel has retained my services to gather support for his cause, and it seemed natural to me that I should first turn to House Bartheld's liege lord to seek such support. To do otherwise would surely have been construed as a grave insult, and - to be perfectly honest, my prince - it never even crossed my mind that this matter would be worthy of your attention."

"
Forgive me my prince, but this matter of Greens and Blacks isn't something I had even considered until we spoke last night."

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue May 05, 2015 9:29 pm

"
Consider the matter now,"
says the prince, coldly.

"
This is not the battlefield you are used to Ser Jon, and you make me appear foolish. Whether by artifice or accident, a Prince cannot seem the fool."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Wed May 06, 2015 12:10 am

And things were going so well this evening, Jon thinks sourly.

"
My prince, I meant no disrespect to you or your cause in seeking Lord Tully's aid in the matter of the Bartheld succession. But, I would say that only fools will name you a fool for backing Lord Brom, simply because Lord Tully has done his duty as liege lord and taken an interest in who will lead House Bartheld, now that Brom is gone."

"
But no man of consequence can fail to see that securing a pardon for Brom is a matter far beyond Lord Tully's power - it is a matter between Brom and His Grace the king, and therefore requires a royal intervention if it is to succeed. My record of service to you is well known to all, and that I would seek you out for aid in this matter will therefore surprise no one. So I say again - only a fool would call you a fool, when it is you and yours that I have turned to for the most difficult task at hand."

"
Furthermore, my prince, hasn't Ser Fendrel twice proven where his loyalties lie in the past two days, praising the Princess on two separate occasions with both gifts and words? No my prince, if anyone is wearing a dunce's cap here, it is surely Lord Tully. I only pray he doesn't discover it until I am long gone!"

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed May 06, 2015 8:14 pm

Jon's words seem to mollify Daemon a little, but it is the shift from raging dragon's fire to a rumbling volcano. Perhaps Jon is not so unsuited to this battlefield after all. Nevertheless, there are consequences to crossing Princes.

"
Ser Fendrel's dedication to the rightful heir to the throne has been well demonstrated by deeds and your past service under my banner will never be in dispute while I draw breath."

"
However, subjects must be loyal, and punishment given where loyalty is given. My aid is in my gift and it is withheld from you on this matter."

"
Be thankful Ser Fendrel's deeds and your past service restrict my retribution this far - I am merely withholding the carrot rather than reaching for the stick."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Thu May 07, 2015 8:31 am

Jon's fists clench in sudden fury, and he draws himself up to his full height, meeting the Prince's glare with his own steely gaze. An angry retort hangs on his lips and... Seven Hells! Get a hold of yourself! You don't challenge the dragon in his own den. Remember who you're doing this for. Be like Brom - laugh it off and move on! As suddenly as it came, Jon's fury drains away, and he takes up a relaxed pose, leaning on his maul for support.

"
Your favor is yours to give or withhold, my prince, but I beg you to remember that the boon I sought was not for myself, but for Lord Brom, and it is he - not I - that must suffer the consequences if you withhold your aid. And though he is guilty of much foolishness in his life, lack of loyalty to you is not among his sins."

"
If that is all, my prince, I ask your leave to retire. It is late, and I am not as spry as I used to be."

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu May 07, 2015 6:48 pm

"
Go then,"
says the Prince, but with fading rancour.

As Jon moves to depart, he offers sincere compliments for Ser Jon's speech at yesterday's pageant.

[/scene after any final words from Jon, if desired]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Thu May 07, 2015 8:09 pm

No, I'm good.

/end thread

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down