Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pyke wall needed mid morning day 6 (closed)

2 posters

Go down

Pyke wall needed mid morning day 6 (closed) Empty Pyke wall needed mid morning day 6 (closed)

Post by Yoren longshore Tue May 26, 2015 10:18 pm

"
Henryk!"
Yoren shouts as he sees the older master of arms. Yoren catches up to him at a fast pace before continuing: "
How are you doing? I heard that you had a bad time fighting the Mallisters a couple of years back, how is your arm doing?"

Yoren tries to gauge the veterans expression as the conversation proceeds, hoping to find common ground with this giant of a man. "
I've been gone for some time, when we get back to Landhold, would you mind training me up to the level I had before I left? Also, have your arm healed enough that you would want to head off to a raid with me?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Pyke wall needed mid morning day 6 (closed) Empty Re: Pyke wall needed mid morning day 6 (closed)

Post by Reader Tue May 26, 2015 10:23 pm

"
My arm may never heal back to its old strength, but I still wager it's stronger than most soft Southerners."

The hulking Longshore master at arms stated it as if it were a fact, rather than a boast.

"
Let's see your form with the axe on one of the training dummies then. Roddric was a tragic loss to the house."

"
Fucking Athelstan lives down to the worst expectations for bastards."

Henryk shakes his head.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Pyke wall needed mid morning day 6 (closed) Empty Re: Pyke wall needed mid morning day 6 (closed)

Post by Yoren longshore Sat May 30, 2015 12:14 am

"
My skill with an axe has been lost, from lack of use. However, give me a few months under your eyes, and I am sure my skill will be back. We might have to wait a little longer for my strength to return, but that is nothing more than proper food may fix. Will you think about joining on a military campaign? I know that for the moment I am lacking in warcraft."

"
We'll not see his equal, but he will be remembered, to roddrick."

Henryk's comment on bastards made Yoren perch, this was dangerous to speak to Henryk of: "
Fortunately there are many examples of honorable bastards too..."
Yoren says noncommittally, watching for any response that may tell him how to deal with the anger that may be built up in this behemoth of a man.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat May 30, 2015 5:41 pm

"
Good man. We'll have your reaping men like a proper Longshore. Skills for death may never die."

He grunts at Yoren's words.

"
I'm glad you've not forgotten my loyal service while abroad. I won respect with blood and proved my loyalty."

He gestures to the arm he famously blocked an axe blow with.

"
Athelstan uses the same arm for treachery."

"
See to it that the men remember that not all bastards are treacherous. Some of us can overcome our blood, our base instincts."

"
Weaker men are conquered by them."

He snorts contemptuously.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat May 30, 2015 10:28 pm

"
Aye, a lord may need different skills than what his men needs, but we all need to know how to protect what we love."

"
Bastards are as different as any other men, some are good, some are bad. Some are virtous others are not much more than animals. As master at arms, would you mind getting me up to date on a few events?"

Without more dilly dallying Yoren attacks the core of the issue:
"
How has my sister grown up? Has she grown as strong as we trained her to be? Also, will she support my lordship, or will she do as Athelstan and tell people that just because I've seen the world I am unable to rule? It gets tiresome with him throwing insults behind my back at all times, i eould not want her to do the same... Also: will Leifnarr try to usurp me and my sister?"
Yoren asks the master of arms these two questions in fairly rapid order.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:30 pm

"
Leifnarr is an ironborn. Honour the Drowned God - or at least don't show him no fuckin' disrespect - and Leifnarr will be an ally, not a foe. He's a good man, stout sort."

"
Your sister Alya is a woman grown now. If it weren't for the accursed nature of a kinslayer, I imagine she'd end that kin-slaying dog."

He leers unpleasantly, old facial scars stretched tight by the expression.

"
Imagine she'll just have to settle for maiming the traitor. I'm not priest, but surely the Drowned God would appreciate a kinslayer's hand?"
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:11 am

Yoren smiles: "
We will have to make sure that she doesn't kill him, my father is the one that shall pass sentence, then we may let Alya have him."
Yoren pats the man on the back: "
Thanks for the update, I'll look forward to fight next to you in a few weeks time."

Yoren nods to the master at arms as he makes his leave.
[Scene unless he has any parting words.]

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:00 pm

Henryk raises his good arm to his chest in a salute.

"
I'll not go easy on you Yoren, heir or no heir."

"
Your foes won't, and I'll not have you disgrace my teachings by dying to some farmer with a stick."

He smiles.

"
Welcome back lad."

[/scene]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down