Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 8, MM] Ser Martyn Rivers, a word please (Closed)

3 posters

Go down

[Day 8, MM] Ser Martyn Rivers, a word please (Closed) Empty [Day 8, MM] Ser Martyn Rivers, a word please (Closed)

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:28 pm

Dunstan took his morning walk around the pavillions and chanced upon the Blackwood sigil, when none other than the strong Ser Martyn Rivers happened to be on his way. He was sitting on a tree stump and polishing his sword when the young Lord approached him

"
Ser Martyn, good morning to you. Would you do me a favor and walk with me for a while? I was oping to have a word with you"
he said, smiling.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, MM] Ser Martyn Rivers, a word please (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 8, MM] Ser Martyn Rivers, a word please (Closed)

Post by Reader Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:30 pm

Ser Martyn bows his head humbly, unused to the attention of Westero's lords.

"
Aye ser, I mean, m'lord."

He sets aside the sword and raises his head, given Lord TUllison his full attention.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, MM] Ser Martyn Rivers, a word please (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 8, MM] Ser Martyn Rivers, a word please (Closed)

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:37 pm

Dunstan nods to the guard who procures a skin of wine from a bag he is carrying.

Offering it to the bastard knight, the young Lord asks

"
It's about Ser Nial, and your conflict. What is that all about? The folks at the Inn told me you issued a challenge. Is that true?"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:11 pm

At this Ser Martyn looks Lord Tullison in the face, but retains a respectful bearing.

"
It is not true my lord, not yet at least. I cannot promise that it will remain a falsehood by nightfall."

"
The men of House Lucas are well known for their wandering eyes and hands - Ser Niall was all over a girl I had designs of my own on. He has insulted my honour, and knew he was doing so. I cannot back down now."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:18 pm

Theomore lingers a few steps behind his nephew, curious to see if Dunstan could handle this without his assistance, at least the boy should get to make a good effort first, he'd never learn unless he was allowed to make mistakes.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:51 am

"
Ser Martyn, I'm on my way to Lord Tully just now - to try and put out a fire that is Ser Benjen and his chaotic behavior before it spreads. You should have seen him when it happened, on his tourney out of all places, he was furious and not content at all. Not to mention it's only one of numerous scandals! I am sure you still remember the Athelstan the Kinslayers actions.."

Dunstan puts a hand on the shoulder of the bastard knight

"
I advise you to reconsider your actions. Not only will you endanger the reputation the House you serve has with our liege Lord, but you will also add to the black mark people born on the other side of bedlock have with them. My House, as all of the Riverlands know, came to existance from a bastard, an honorable true person never the less. Since then we Tullisons tried to show the world a person is a person, no matter the last name or station. So I'm telling you again, cancel the duel, not only for you but for the poor bastard girl you want to duel over."

Dunstan waits for the answer, looking the knight in the eyes.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:51 pm

[OOC: simple intrigue by Lord Tullison, TN 7. Ser Theomore may assist.

1 DoS = he agrees to issue after the tourney
2 DoS or more = he'll forgo his challenge entirely]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:59 pm

[Assist is +2]

"
Well, I do know a thing or two about impressing girls, ser."
Theomore decides to chip in. "
And I would say it would be generally more effective to be there the next time Ser Niall comes to harass the lady, and tell him firmly to stop doing that."

Even more effective to strike up conversation and let them do the talking, girls loved to do the talking.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:54 pm

[url=Persuasion (TN7)][/url]: 3d6+2 9

"
I'd trust my unlce on that one, Ser"
Dunstan says with a friendly smile.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:36 pm

Ser Martyn grunted.

"
My honour has been tarnished - what little reputation a man of my birth has must be defended stoutly. Still, your words are not without merit Lord Tullison - Lord Tully's tournament has seen enough incident. My triumph shall be sung all the louder if it occurs later, without the distraction of other events."

He smiles wickedly.

"
Ser Theomore speaks true - it shall be all the sweeter to best him at the appropriate time - Ser Niall Lucas is a known letch, he shall give me cause for the challenge soon enough."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down