Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 2 - Late Morning] Word with Myles (Closed)

3 posters

Go down

[Day 2 - Late Morning] Word with Myles (Closed) Empty [Day 2 - Late Morning] Word with Myles (Closed)

Post by Dunstan Tullison Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:28 am

Theo and Dunstan came to have a word with Blackwood regent after their day out in the field.

The throne room servants was accustomed to the young lord already, as he spent the day before jesting, drinking and talking with them. As the Green Room inn was far away, he spent a lot of time in the kitchens and with Blackwood castle staff too.

"
Ser Myles, mind of we have a word?"
he asked the regent.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Day 2 - Late Morning] Word with Myles (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 2 - Late Morning] Word with Myles (Closed)

Post by Reader Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:48 am

"
Of course Lord Tullison,"
says Ser Myles, bowing to his near peer in status. "
You spoke well yesterday, it brought cheer to our House that the keen eyes of House Tullison will seek out the truth."

"
House Blackwood always has time for its friends and those who have fought and bled beside our sworn swords."

He nods in recognition of Ser Theomore's previous service and alludes to the death of Lord Tullison's father.

"
My congratulations on your anointment, few knighthoods are as well won as yours. Fewer still are bestowed by a better knight than Bold Jon Roxton. Should you wish to pay your respect to your Mother's faith the Godswood will welcome you."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[Day 2 - Late Morning] Word with Myles (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 2 - Late Morning] Word with Myles (Closed)

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:38 pm

[Theo will want to engage in intrigue seeking friendship somewhere within this thread, but aside from that, he's mostly here to back up Dunstan as needed.]

Theomore bows. "
We are seeking the truth, Ser Myles, but neither do we forget our friends."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:56 pm

"
Yes. Can we speak in private Ser?"
"
he asks and motions toward the little study he has near the court.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:00 pm

Ser Myles nodded his assent, signalling for his master of arms Ser Colyn Manderly to follow, along with Maester Arran.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:05 pm

Unpleased because the maester and the master-at-arms came too, Dunstan follows him to the room.

"
Thank you Ser.

It is about something I saw upon coming here"
Dunstan tries to sound nonjudgmental

"
Maester Arris, Ser, was disposing of some rather acrid smelling chemicals. Firstly, I wanted to make sure you know that yourself. Secondly, I wanted to ask you what those chemicals were for?

Remmeber that we are friends, and have no need do dig dirt about one another. I just want to truth, and a way to help you in these hard times"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:05 pm

Theomore stands stone-faced to Dunstan's side, his usual easy charm and pleasantness nowhere to be seen, underpinning the gravity of the issue brought up for discussion, his gaze coldly assessing the reactions and words of the other men.

OOC: Read read reactions: [url=awareness(empathy)][/url]: 5d6k4 13
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:02 pm

"
House Blackwood is honoured to have such vigilant guests."

"
Maester Arran works hard for our house, as he oath to the citadel binds him to do."

He gestures at the maester who nods, his chains clinking together.

"
Acrid chemicals coming from a maester's cell is surely not an unusual event even in the mountains Lord Tullison."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:15 am

"
Considering the circumstances, ser, you must agree that such an act does seem suspicious, no?"
Theomore put himself into the line of inquiry, since he knows something his nephew does not, oh, and he had been in this sort of conversation before as well. There were a few ways this could go that Dunstan probably had not considered, but with time and training, he might yet be able to think two steps ahead of the next one to be made. "
At any rate, it would appear that my lord nephew was not the only one arriving early enough to get a glimpse, from what a little bird told me there was a squire here, a rather elusive sort, hard to notice what he may or may not have done."

"
My friend obtained something from the Brackens under circumstances not entirely unlike what I am told occurred here, and I can assure you, he would have grabbed a sample in the squire's shoes. A man predisposed to think ill of House Blackwood would assume you were disposing evidence before the arrival of royal investigators as I can quite positively affirm that the Brackens were doing. My point being, if it is merely waste from some experiment, where is the harm in telling us? And if it is a more delicate issue than so, perhaps it may be for the best that your friends are armed with knowledge, as a precaution? For what others have learned, and whether they are your friends or not, that we cannot know. "
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:31 pm

Ser Myles nods and signals for Maester Arran to speak.

The strong backed but limping maester shrugs, his chain clanking at the gesture.

"
Nothing untoward. Vials that had served their purpose, walking past my chambers would produce a similar sight one day in two,"
says Maester Arran.

"
Do we raise our eyebrows in suspicion at knights in the practice yard? If not, why should we show scepticism at we knights of the mind fighting our own battles?"

Ser Myles strokes his beard.

"
We need not concern ourself with this squire if he simply observed Maester Arran going about his scholarly pursuits. You will forgive me if I voice a hope that the evidence against House Bracken is more telling,"
says Ser Myles in a matter of fact tone where other men may have been tempted to smirk.

[OOC: wrap-up mode here for people to raise issues]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:43 pm

"
I would prefer that the royal investigation were to find that House Blackwood has done no more than what can be considered reasonable acts of defense."
Theomore smiles knowingly. "
That would make things so much easier for us, ser."
Alas, this was not likely to be the case, if anything worth doing was easy, it would be some small matter of no consequence beyond the moment.

[Still want to charm Ser Myles]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:09 pm

[OOC:
Let's keep the intrigue to Myles v Theomore to avoid bringing in Dunstan and two NPCs..

[url=status (reputation)][/url]: 5d6+2 19

ID 13
Composure 12
DR 4

Normal drill - post your initiative and actions please!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:27 pm

[url=iniative][/url]: 5d6k4 24 <
- Surprised
ID: 11 (13 on round 1)
DR: 4
Composure 9
Objective: Friendship

[url=read target][/url]: 5d6k4 20
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:35 pm

Ser Myles was a quick-witted conversationalist, but Ser Theomore was even more loquacious than normal, quickly directing the conversation according to his whims.

[OOC: [url=Persuade (Charm)][/url]: 10#5d6k4 14 13 18 15 13 20 19 18 18 17 - He's not been making the same sacrifices to mighty Orokos that Theomore has!
- He uses anointed in round 1 and after taking two points of frustration he'll offer a yield - information of a type you desire or moving his disposition to amiable - or he quits.

- Your read target succeeds!
- His goal is to charm Theomore, he's heard a lot about him and would rather have him onside...]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:42 pm

If it merely came down to one's skillfulness with the tongue, this might have been an even contest. And though Theomore's outstretched hand is a genuine gesture, unlike the day before when Lord Haig did not see the imaginary fingers crossed behind his back. The sly fox has learned the value of paying attention to the small hints left around the eyes and mouth, and even when cultivating friendships with those he considers to be allies, he does not stop to consider if taking advantage of such an edge to better select his choice of words might be wrong.

[OOC: I eased this up by treating BoA as giving +1b here, which gives accurate numbers as long as no DP flies about. Also assuming he uses anointed on his first action (affects Theo's first influence, otherwise this ends one round earlier).

[url=Persusaion(charm)][/url]: 10#7d6k5 23 19 22 23 25 30 18 21 22 24

So the breakdown (r1 starts with Myles' first roll for these purposes):
r1: T9, M8
r2: T9, M4
r3: T5, M4-1F
r4: T5, M4-3F

Yield accepted, Ser Myles' disposition improves.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:45 pm

Ser Myles was a cynic by experience, but seemed pleased to meet at least one knight who lived up to the tales, as adept at the negotiating table as he was with the lance, if Riverrun was any signal.

[/scene unless Dunstan has any bits and pieces he wants cleared up/to thrown in?]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:52 pm

OOC: End scene.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down