Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master of the House

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Master of the House Empty Master of the House

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:56 pm

Chapter 1 - Royce at the Gates

"
Ser Baelon Waters! Your existence is a slur on House Royce and the memory of Lady Rhea Royce, Prince Daemon's first wife!"

The words echoed in through the open window of Baelon's office.

“That man is being a pest.” Symon said.
“We should just go put an arrow through him, that would shut him up.” Edric added.
Symon, the best rider of Baelon's recently formed company, nodded. “You'd be the one for he job.” Edric was the company's best archer;
born of smallfolk and one of the few members not yet knighted. His skill with a bow was such that even the haughtiest of the knights in the company had to admit that he deserved to be there - indeed had been humbled enough by it to accept him as their archery drill instructor. Baelon had no doubt he'd be knighting the young man immediately after their first battle.

They were talking about Ser Gareth Royce. For the past half-hour or so he had been sitting in his saddle outside the front gate hurling insults. He had been in Drakeson lands for a couple weeks now, riling up the populace, but had only just today had the courage to approach Caladan Hall itself. Baelon had largely ignored him up to this point, but it was clear that the Royce knight wasn't going to go away any time soon.

Baelon rubbed is forehead. The man was giving him a headache. If Rhea Royce had been even half as annoying, it was not hard to imagine why his father had spent s much time as possible away from his first wife. He looked back at the pile of paperwork waiting for his attention, groaning inwardly. Gwyn would normally handle this, but she was off doing... something... in Riverrun. Baelon didn't know quite what she was up to, but he had the sense that she was following up on something from the tourney. He trusted his wife, and did not worry about what she was doing. He just wished he didn't have to deal with the house finances in her absence – normally something Gwyn took care of, with a skill and zeal that Baelon couldn't even come close to. He tried to think about what she would do about the annoying Royce.

“He may be a pest, but he's also an opportunity. Kill him or drive him off and we'll draw the ire of the rest of his family. House Royce is one of the most powerful houses in the vale, we should avoid making enemies of them.” Or at least not without getting something out of it other than a little quiet. Baelon leans out the window. He notes that the knight is wearing the bronze armor typical of House Royce. Maybe it'll turn out to be one of the ancestral sets and not just a modern replica. That would add a fair bit of value to the ransom. “Ser,” his attitude is casual and dismissive, intended to provoke rather than give the satisfaction of an angry retort. “You have insulted myself and my house, as well as the consort of the King's chosen heir. If you have any honor, you will meet me in the village square two hours before noon tomorrow. Until then, I bid you depart in silence.” Baelon returned to the paperwork on his desk with a grimace, ignoring the knight's barely heard retort.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Master of the House Empty Re: Master of the House

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:57 pm

The next morning, Baelon arrived a couple hours prior to the appointed time. A small open-sided pavilion is erected at one side, and Baelon takes a small repast there while waiting for the Bronze clad knight to arrive. In the meantime, he speaks talks with various villagers as they go about heir morning business. Those he speaks with seem swayed by his words, but the rest of the villagers still eye him warily – he may have taken up residence in Caladan Hall, but he was still an outsider to them.

As the appointed time approaches, Baelon dons his armor, Edric acting as an ersatz squire. Baelon had commissioned the suit of plate from one of the finest armorsmiths in the region with the money from his joust ransoms and melee prize. It is enameled black with grey details to give it scaled appearance;
the helm is in the shape of a dragon's head. He straps on his sword – the blade awarded for winning the melee, but with a new dragon-wing crossguard and hilt. The gaudy gilded one that had been on the blade initially had not fared well under the heavy training Baelon engaged in – the gilding rapidly becoming defaced. The pommel still featured the river pearl, however, now carved with the Drakeson arms. The sword might not be valyrian steel, but it would still make a fine heirloom.

Seeing the glint of Ser Gareth's bronze armor, Baelon straps on his shield – now painted with the Drakeson arms – and strides out from the shade of his pavilion to meet him, drawing his sword. “Ser Gareth, so good of you to come. Any final words before we get started?”
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:13 am

[Placeholder for Ser Gareth's acceptance, but getting mechanics rolling...

[url=Initiative][/url]: 4d6k3-4 11
CD 8
AR 10 [plate, shield]
Health: 12/12
F/I/W: 0/0/0

Lesser action: move to engage Ser Baelon
Lesser action: knockdown [url=Knockdown][/url]: 4d6+2 16
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:42 am

Baelon goes crashing to the ground - not the most auspicious start to the duel. However, Baelon had put in a good deal of training with the Prince and was prepared for this very sort of circumstance. He lithely leaps to his feet despite the weight of his armor and strikes out at the bronze bound knight. Now that he was this close he could see that Ser Gareth's armor was merely enameled bronze - perhaps he did not have as much faith as the main family in the protective runes - or perhaps he just wasn't important enough to warrant one of the real sets.

Lesser Action: [url=Stand][/url]: 4d6k3-3 14 vs. TN 9, success
Lesser Action: [url=Cautious Attack][/url]: 8d6k5+1 20 vs. 8 CD, 3 DoS 15 - 10AR = 5 Damage.

[url=Initiative][/url]: 3d6-3 6
CD 14 (11+3), AR 10 [superior plate, large shield]
Health: 9/9
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:00 pm

[OOC: combat stats if anyone is able to help me out on resolving this.

Agility 3 (quickness 1B), Athletics 4, Awareness 3, Endurance 4, Fighting 5 (Long Blades 2B), Will 3
Weapon Mastery (Longsword)]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:58 pm

Grunting with the impact from the Tarygeon, Ser Gareth opts for a simple attack, trying to break though the cautious guard of Baelon.

Lesser action;
[url=attack][/url]: 7d6k5 20 [5damager from longwoard+1 from weapon mastery] 2 DOS= 12 damage - 10 AR = 2

Then with a shove Ser Gareth attempts to throw Baelon off balance, hoping to create some distance from the dangerous swordsman.

Lesser action;
[url=maneuver Baelon][/url]: 4d6 13 [He will simply move him straight backwards it there were any DOS]

CD 8
AR 10 [plate, shield]
Health: 7/12
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:09 pm

Baelon's plate armor absorbs most of a blow that, in his old armor, would have been much worse. Ser Gareth tries to drive him back, but Baelon parries and tries to use the other knight's momentum to drive him to the ground, but does not succeed. However, he does manage to take advantage of Ser Gareth's awkward positioning to land a devastating blow against the knight's helm. It might not have drawn blood, but the Royce knight was likely seeing stars.

Lesser Action: [url=Knockdown Ser Gareth][/url]: 4d6 11 fails
Lesser Action: [url=Cautious Attack][/url]: 8d6k5 22+1 for sup. longsword ->
23, 4 DoS, 20 - 10AR = 10 Damage

CD 14 (11+3), AR 10 [superior plate, large shield]
Health: 7/9

OOC: Maneuver failed. My passive Fighting is 20, 22 if Long Blades skill counts.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:13 pm

OOC I did not realize it was a fighting, I thought it was athletics, but we will just roll with it, you have a very high fight value anyways The knight takes an injury to reduce damage by 4

The Ser Gareth sees stars clouding his vision from the hit on his help. Thankful that he had gotten true armor to protect his head he attempts to knock down the knight as his previous maneuver action was not effective.

Lesser action;
[url=Knockdown Vs baelon round 2][/url]: 4d6 10 -1 from injury (ooc I just realized it is actually round 3, action still stands and it not effective I think)

Ser Baelon sees the grabbing arm and ducks easily out of the way. Ser Gareth turns sharply and takes a swipe at the Lord, ensuring that the blade returns to a defensible position after the blow.

[url=Ser Gareth Vs baelon, cautious attack round 3 with 1 injury][/url]: 6d6k4-1 15 = 1 DOS = 6 damage, AR 10= 0 damage

But he does little more then scratch the surface of the Lords shinny armor, no true injury was left.

CD 8
AR 10 [plate, shield]
Health: 1/12
F/I/W: 0/1/0
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:57 pm

Round 3

Seeing his opponent faltering, Baelon shifts to a more aggressive tactic. He steps around to Ser Gareth's side and uses his shield to move the faux-bronze knight's sword out of it's defensive line, then slices his blade along the opening between the knight's backplate and spaulder. Crimson blood seeps from the injury and drips down Ser Gareth's sword arm.

"
Yield, Ser Gareth, and I will guarantee your life."

Lesser Action: Aim
Lesser Action: [url=Round 3 - Standard Attack w/Aim][/url]: 9d6k6+1 24 vs. 11 CD, 3 DoS, 15 - 10AR = 5 damage [2 more injuries to avoid defeat]

CD 11, AR 10 [superior plate, large shield]
Health: 7/9

OOC: Oh, yeah, maneuver is fighting. I hadn't even noticed that you used the wrong number of dice. Even if the extra die was a six though it would still have failed.
You also shorted Ser Gareth a bonus die on this attack (the -1D does not reduce dice rolled, just dice kept). Once again though, even if it were a 6 that roll would be an 18, 1 shy of 2 DoS.
The knockdown failed as well. Some low (for the dice) rolls on both sides of this fight!
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:38 pm

"
I yield you son of a whore"
Spits out Ser Gareth through a bloody mouth. "
You have bested me this time, Although next time you might not be so lucky."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:52 pm

"
I am given to understand that she was a noblewoman of Myr, but that's old news."

He gestures to some of his guardsmen to take Ser Gareth's weaponry.
Edric removes Baelon's helm and shield and hands him a cloth, which which Baelon cleans the blood from his sword before sheathing it.

"
Now, if you'll accompany me back to the hall, I'll have someone bind your wounds, and I'll get right on drafting a letter to your family about a ransom.
Unfortunately, we have no ravens yet, so I will have to send a messenger - it will probably take some time. Until we receive the ransom, you shall be our guest."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:52 pm

A beaten man but true to his vows and the standards of his society, Ser Gareth is a model, respectful prisoner. He respects Baelon's abilities, even if he's not about to become his best friend or suddenly convert to the Blacks!

Core book notes a Commander's ransom as = Status, but he's not a commander so I'll make it 1/2 status = +2 wealth.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:03 am

Chapter 2 - Having Something Means Others Will Want To Take It

"
To arms! To arms!"
The shouts came from Daryn, one of the cavalrymen that Baelon had out patrolling the Drakeson lands.

"
What's the threat?"
Baelon asked the man as the various men-at-arms and their related support staff rushed about arming themselves and preparing for battle.

"
Raiders my lord, pirates from the Daughters from the look of them."

"
How many?"

"
Four hundred, give or take. About half look like sailors off their ships, the rest are split between archers and proper infantry."

Baelon swears.
I didn't expect anything until the Marsten campaign. And outnumbered, too.
"
That's too many for them just to be sacking for supplies. They're going to want to take the hall. Ride to the village, and get all of the civilians into to mountains - the mine should be far enough to be safe."

"
Ser Rickard is already leading them up - I rode on ahead to warn the house."

"
You're good men, and you've done well. Go assist Ser Rickard and then come back here once the villagers are safe. We're going to need everyone for this."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:28 am

A small warfare-scale fight. Just basic warfare, no advanced orders, facing, formations, etc.

The Battlefield: The road leading from the shore into the mountains to Caladan Hall.
Mountain domain with road. Terrain features (from pg. 182):

• +2B on Fighting &
    Marksmanship tests against targets at lower elevations[/*Ⓜ1yo94s84]
  • Slow Movement (-10 yards of movement, factored into unit stats below)[/*Ⓜ1yo94s84]
  • No Siege Weapons[/*Ⓜ1yo94s84]

Caladan Hall can house 2 units, and provides them with +4 Defense.

The Attackers: Lyseni raiders looking to plunder a coastal settlement with no naval defenses.

• Commander - Warfare 3 (Command 1B) [I'd assume a Knight of Quality in all other respects] Attached to (undeclared)[/*Ⓜ1yo94s84]
  • 1 Unit Trained archers - Agility 3, Marksmanship 4 [marksmanship damage upgrade]

Discipline: 9
      Fighting Attack: 2d6, 1 Damage per Dos
      Marksmanship Attack: 4d6, 6 Damage per DoS, Long Range (200 yards)
      Defense: 6, 2 AR
      Health: 6/6
      Move: 30 yards (sprint 120)
    [/*Ⓜ1yo94s84]
  • 1 Unit Trained Sailors - Fighting 4, Agility 3 [fighting damage upgrade]

Discipline: 6
      Fighting Attack: 4d6, 4 Damage per DoS
      Defense: 7, 0 AR
    [/*Ⓜ1yo94s84]
  • 1 Unit Trained Sailors - Fighting 4, Agility 3

Fighting Attack: 4d6, 3 Damage per DoS
      Defense: 7, 0 AR
    [/*Ⓜ1yo94s84]
  • 1 Unit Trained Infantry - Fighting 4, Athletics 3

Fighting Attack: 4d6, 4 Damage per DoS
      Defense: 5, 3 AR
    [/*Ⓜ1yo94s84]

The Defenders: House Drakeson's military forces, just trying to hold onto what they've got.

• Commander - Lord Baelon Drakeson, Attached to Mounted Archers[/*Ⓜ1yo94s84]
  • 1 Unit Green Garrison [The Home Guard] - Endurance 3

Discipline 6 (home territory)
      Fighting Attack: 2d6, 3 Damage per DoS
      Defense: 8 (inc. Hall), 3 AR
      Health: 9/9

[/*Ⓜ1yo94s84]
  • 1 Unit Trained Archers [Caladan Longbowmen] - 3 Agility, 4 marksmanship

Discipline TN 9
      Fighting Attack: 2d6, 1 Damage per DoS
      Defense: 10 (inc. Hall), 2 AR

[/*Ⓜ1yo94s84]
  • 1 Unit Veteran Archer/Cavalry/Personal Guard [name forthcoming, suggestions welcome by PM] 3 Agility, 4 Fighting, 4 Marksmanship (4 Athletics, 5 Endurance from Rounsey mounts)

Discipline TN 0
      Fighting Attack: 4d6, 5 Damage per DoS
      Defense: 6, 6 AR
      Health: 15/15
      Move: 50 yards (sprint 150)
    [/*Ⓜ1yo94s84]

Code:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W |
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
1 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | M |
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
2 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---HHHHH
3 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | H G H
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---H---H
4 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | H C H
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---HHHHH

Key:
C - Caladan Longbowmen G - Home Guard M - Mounted Archers (Baelon Attached)
A - Lyseni Archers U - Upgraded Sailors S - Lyseni Sailors I - Lyseni Infantry

Scale: Each square is 10yards (and thus each holds 1 unit)
Row 2 is the road proper, but the surrounding area is relatively open.
The top of Row 1 is sheer rock face, dozens of feet high. The bottom of Row 4 is a cliff dropping hundreds off feet down to the ocean. Falling off would be deadly.
Like most defensive structures, Caladan Hall (the box of Hs) was built at a strategic point: the peak of the roadway.

Warfare:
Step 1 - Battlefield (done)
Step 2 - Unit &
Leader Placement (normally alternates, but I don't think it matters [in this case, given the layout of the battlefield] so I placed all of mine)
Step 3 - Parlay &
Terms - no agreement can be reached [for narrative reasons], so moving on.
Step 4 - Initiative ([url=Baelon][/url]: 2d6 8)
Step 5 - Siege Weapons - no siege
Step 6 - First Player Actions - no heroes (theoretically our commanders could act independently, but it would be nigh-suicidal to do so.)
Step 7 - Orders (initiative order then alternate until we run out - 3 for attackers, 2 for defenders)

EDIT: updated unit stats to include defensive bonus for being in the Hall, where appropriate.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:42 pm

My first use of the map, so sorry if i fudge it.

Code:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W |
1 | | | | I | A | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | M |
2 | | | | U | S | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---H---H

Key:

A Lyseni with a prettily adorned beard is looking over at the upheaval his arrival has caused. In the front of his infantery, his priced fighters he looks to see his target fortifying the hall he shouts: "
Archers, shoot the horses. Kill them. For Glory!"
[url=raid][/url]: 4d6k3 13 (Initiative)
[url=order][/url]: 4d6k3 16 Archers shoot:[url=shoot (one incremement away).][/url]: 4d6k3 9 1dos*6dmg=6dmg-6 Ar (0 dmg to the horses.)

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:56 pm

"
Return fire!"
Baelon shouts.
The cavalrymen, eager to prove themselves in their first battle as a unit, fire several arrows each into the enemy archers. Where most archery units fire in volley, trusting in the sheer number of arrows to find targets, Baelon had insisted that as there were only twenty archers in the unit that they must instead pick targets and make each shot count. This training pays off, as most of the arrows find targets, leading to massive casualties. The few remaining Lyseni break and flee back down he road. A cheer goes up from the Drakeson forces.

OOC:
[url=Command Mounted Archers][/url]: 3d6k2 8 vs. TN 0 (why did I bother rolling?)
[url=Marksmanship Attack vs. Lyseni Archers][/url]: 7d6k5 16 vs. CD 6, 3 DoS, 18 - 2 = 16 damage.
Lyseni Archers are destroyed (by taking more than twice their health in damage in a single attack)
Note: includes +1D for having Baelon attached (per Personal Guard) and +2b for being at a higher elevation in mountains.

Unit Statistics:
Code:
The Home Guard | Caladan Longbowmen | Mounted Archers
--------------------------|---------------------------|--------------------------
Order TN 6 | Order TN 9 | Order TN 3 (0+3)
Defense:
8, 3 AR | Defense:
10, 2 AR | Defense:
8, 3 AR
Health:
9/9 | Health:
6/6 | Health:
15/15
Standing Orders:
None | Standing Orders:
None | Standing Orders:
None
Survivor Chart:
No Damage | Survivor Chart:
No Damage

Map:
Code:
1 | | | | I | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | M |
2 | | | | U | S | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

Key:
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:01 am

Seeing his archers crumble under the withering volley he is still loathe to give up yet. shouting to a group of sailors close by: "
Attack you curs: Forward!"
[url=command][/url]: 4d6k3 9
His men falls under the archery fire, but they continue onwards with remarkable tenacity.
Map:
Code:
1 | | | | I | | | S | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | M |
2 | | | | U | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

Key:

OOC wrote: Anyone mention azincour?

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:19 am

"
Longbowmen! Take down those sailors!"

The longbowmen, being a typical archery unit do their best to blot out the sun with a volley of arrows, to deadly effect. The arrows rain down on the unarmored sailors, leaving naught left but food for crows. Once again the Drakeson forces cheer. Initially outnumbered, they now outnumber the foe.

OOC:
[url=command archers attack sailors][/url]: 3d6k2 10 vs TN 9 (Success)
[url=Marksmanship Attack vs Sailors][/url]: 6d6k4 16 vs 7 CD, 2 DoS, 12 - 0AR = 12 damage
Lyseni Sailors are destroyed (by taking more than twice their health in damage in a single attack)
Note: includes +2b for being at a higher elevation in mountains.

Now, this is where the difference in Warfare is going to really matter: you get to make a third order in this round, then we do the end-of-round stuff (notably standing orders). As you had the higher initiative, your standing orders happen first, then mine. So do your third action, your standing orders, and your initiative roll, then I will do my standing orders and initiative roll. Hmm. I misread the Standing Orders for Attack earlier. I thought that units would only attack the unit they were ordered to attack, but they will attack the closest, instead. In this case that is better for me, because the original units are already defeated.

Unit Statistics:
Code:
--------------------------|---------------------------|--------------------------
Order TN 6 | Order TN 12 (9+3) | Order TN 3 (0+3)
Defense:
8, 3 AR | Defense:
10, 2 AR | Defense:
8, 3 AR
Health:
9/9 | Health:
6/6 | Health:
15/15
Standing Orders:
None | Standing Orders:
Attack | Standing Orders:
Attack
Survivor Chart:
No Damage

Map:
Code:
1 | | | | I | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | M |

Key:
[/quote]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:33 am

Map:
Code:
1 | | | | | | | | | | | | I | | | | | | | | | | | M |

Key:

Tired of his failing attacks, but still unwilling to concede he turns to his entourage: "
Lets show them how it's done, move!"
[url=command][/url]: 4d6k3 15
jeebus archers are good! Although i don't understand what you mean with standing order, I'll just post my initiative for the next round, and then you may explain the standing orders.[url=initiative][/url]: 4d6k3 6

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:26 pm

End of Round 1: Standing Orders

Standing orders are explained on page 187:
Starting with the side that won initiative, the commander may pick one unit that has not acted yet nor has received orders for the round and resolve any orders that stood from the previous round. For example, a unit ordered to attack on the previous round but does not receive new orders on the current round would attack during this step. Orders that can be made standing are indicated in the order descriptions.

So I was misunderstanding (not terribly surprising). This round, nothing happens in the Standing Orders step (in fact the round 1 standing orders step will always have nothing happen). The only units that have not been ordered this round have not been ordered at all. Next round, if I do not order my archers or my cavalry, then in the standing orders phase they will follow up on their standing order (that is, the Attack order from round 1) and shoot at the closest enemy unit. Also, if you attempt to issue a command to a unit but fail the warfare test, they will perform their standing order instead (unless you critically fail the warfare test).

Round 2
[url=Round 2 War initiative][/url]: 2d6 5 (I notice that you rolled with the command bonus die, but initiative is just a straight Warfare test. [url=dropping a random die][/url]: 1d4 2 yields a roll of 5 for you, and you have the higher Warfare, so you go first (why did I even bother rolling that? no matter which die was dropped you would have gone first).

Yoren wrote:jeebus archers are good!
Well, I've got the advantage of high ground, and I've been shooting at weakly (or un-) armored opponents. My archer unit is actually identical to the archer unit you had. This terrain is very beneficial to defending troops, especially archers.

Unit Statistics:
Code:
Order TN 6 | Order TN 9 | Order TN 0
Defense:
8, 3 AR | Defense:
10, 2 AR | Defense:
8, 3 AR
Health:
9/9 | Health:
6/6 | Health:
15/15
Standing Orders:
None | Standing Orders:
Attack
Survivor Chart:
No Damage

Map:
Code:
1 | | | | | | | | | | | | I | | | | | | | | | | | M |

Key:
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:12 pm

"
Charge the curs, tear them of their horses, kill them, then we'll plunder their lands!"
The lyseni seems to get restless, and as they are desperately in need of a victory their captains fling them at the horsearchers. Their flanks exposed, he hopes to be able to break clean through the archers in combat. However, once engaged the archers prove to be as good in close quarters as they were to shoot.
[url=command][/url]: 4d6k3 9
[url=Infantery attack][/url]: 4d6k3 13 (2dos*6dmg=12dmg-3dr=9dmg 6dmg left to horse archers.)

Map:
Code:
1 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | I | M |

Key:

Yoren wrote:jeebus archers are good!
baelon wrote:Well, I've got the advantage of high ground, and I've been shooting at weakly (or un-) armored opponents. My archer unit is actually identical to the archer unit you had. This terrain is very beneficial to defending troops, especially archers.
Yes, my group usually don't use much terrain, so I didn't know much on how potent that was, indeed it chould give an edge to choose battlefield. Sorry, i forgot about the initiative being a different roll...

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:54 pm

The Lyseni infantry charge up the mountainside, but fortuitously a small shower of rocks fall from the cliffside, interfering with the Lyseni attack.

Baelon draws his sword.
"
The time as come to show that you're not just bowmen on horseback! Attack!"

The horsemen wheel about, some readying lances, others putting up bows and drawing swords or axes. Armored merely in hardened leather, the Lyseni soldiers stand little chance against the fervent attack of skilled knights.

OOC: Spending a Destiny Point to apply a -1D to the infantry attack, which lowers it to 1 Dos, 6 Damage, which does not get past their 6AR.
There was a copy/paste error in my unit statblock, sorry about that.
For those wondering why I am spending the DP when the unit will clearly survive anyway, look at table 10-6: Survivors on pg. 189;
staying at 'no damage' compared to 'damaged' halves the likelihood of a training penalty and doubles the likelihood of a training increase. Well worth a DP, I think.

I'm not going to bother to roll the TN 0 command, as I cannot fail it.
[url=Fighting Attack vs. Infantry][/url]: 7d6k5 22 vs Def 5, 4 DoS, 20 - 3 AR = 17 damage.
The infantry are defeated, having taken twice their health in damage in one hit.
The commander, being attached to the infantry (I think?) takes 1 point of damage for the unit taking damage and 10 for the unit being destroyed (both ignore AR) per the chart on pg. 188.
I assume that he has the stats of a knight of quality (other than the warfare &
command that reader specified), so he would have 1 health left.
Who knows... maybe the upgraded sailors will get lucky? Well... probably not.

Unit Statistics:
Code:
Order TN 6 | Order TN 9 | Order TN 3 (0+3)
Defense:
8, 3 AR | Defense:
10, 2 AR | Defense:
6, 6 AR
Health:
9/9 | Health:
6/6 | Health:
15/15
Standing Orders:
None | Standing Orders:
Attack
Survivor Chart:
No Damage

Map:
Code:
1 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | * | M |

Key:
U - Upgraded Sailors * - Lyseni Commander
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:09 pm

Seeing his unit break and flee at the initial onslaught their commander turns tail, retreating with his last unit, to recouperate his losses. Seeing the state of his units he estimates that it may take some time... [url=retreat][/url]: 4d6k3 15

OOC: U is out of the field, a smashing victory for Baelon and his men!

Map:
Code:
1 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | * | M |
2 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

Key:
U - Upgraded Sailors * - Lyseni Commander

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:30 pm

Yeah, the commander's not getting away that easily. I have 120 archers, 20 of whom are mounted, plus myself. I have no doubt that one of us will be able to do the damage necessary to defeat him. Actually, I forgot that by dropping below 0 health the infantry was disorganized as well as destroyed... so that's an additional 2 damage... but he could take an injury... blah blah. My next command would be to attack him, and a unit against an unattached character gets +2D. I have no doubt that a 9d6k7 attack would take him down.
After interrogating the commander to learn what I already OOC know (i.e. that they were just looking for plunder, not acting on anyone's orders) I'll ransom him.

Step 11: Resolution &
Consequences
(just going by the book piece by piece, this is all pending Reader approval/modification)

• Glory: 2 - Defeated 4 units, outnumbered but less than 3:2 ratio (I'm assuming the required # rounds up, so I would have had to face 5 to get the extra glory)[/*Ⓜfl4uefin]
  • Resources:

• Defense: no change[/*Ⓜfl4uefin]
    • Lands: no change[/*Ⓜfl4uefin]
    • Law: -4 (ouch!) [url=Step 11 rolls: Law][/url]: 4#1d6 4[/*Ⓜfl4uefin]
    • Population: no change[/*Ⓜfl4uefin]
    • Power: +4 (invested, from unit advancement, see below)[/*Ⓜfl4uefin]
    • Wealth: +4 (from Ransom, assuming Knight of Quality stats)[/*Ⓜfl4uefin]

[/*Ⓜfl4uefin]
  • Unit results (all on 'no damage' chart):

• [url=Step 11 rolls: Archers][/url]: 4#1d6 5
      Training +1: Caladan Longbowmen increase from Trained to Veteran [+2 power (invested), Discipline -3, +40 experience]
      Hmm. +2 Agility, I think. +2 damage per DoS and +2 defense? Hard to say no to that.
      [/*Ⓜfl4uefin]
    • [url=Step 11 rolls: Garrison][/url]: 4#1d6 2
      Intact: The Home Guard stays green. Well, they didn't do anything in this fight anyway.
      [/*Ⓜfl4uefin]
    • [url=Step 11 rolls: Cavalry][/url]: 4#1d6 5 (The DP paid off!)
      Training +1: [I really need to name these folks] increase from Veteran to Elite [+2 power (invested), Discipline -3 (or not), +40 experience]
      Really tempted to give them +2 Agility as well.[/*Ⓜfl4uefin]
    [/*Ⓜfl4uefin]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:45 pm

OOC wrote:Yeah, I'd just assume that you solved that after battle, would be a little silly to have 220 men vs 1... would you like to assume interogation offscreen?

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next