Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[AtMC] Tyron the Tall (open)

4 posters

Go down

[AtMC] Tyron the Tall (open) Empty [AtMC] Tyron the Tall (open)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:11 pm

[quote="
Kevan Lyras"
]Taking up the project that Kevan started.

Tyron the Tall, at a few inches shy of 7 feet tall, is easily among the largest men alive in Westeros. That he is densely muscled and carries an axe almost as tall as himself with a head as large as a shield only adds to his intimidating presence. Carrying a steel weapon and wears a coat of steel mail speaks to his prowess - only toughest carry steel, as others will always seek to take it from you. To have steel arms and armor then means he is probably the strongest of the strong in this part of the vale.

"
Come little man!"
He bellows. At his height, being called 'little' doesn't really differentiate much. "
My axe thirsts for your blood! I will kill you and have my way with your women!"

Statistics
Health 12/12
CD: 7 AR: 5
F/I: 0/0

Map:
Code:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G |
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
1 | | | | | | | |
2 | | | | T | | | |
3 | | | | | | | |
4 | | | | | | | |
5 | | | | | | | |
6 | | | | | | | |
7 | | | | | | | |
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[AtMC] Tyron the Tall (open) Empty Re: [AtMC] Tyron the Tall (open)

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:58 pm

Ben quickly dismounts and hands the reins of Strax to his squire(can not find Willum Royce's arrival date). His flat plain gray armor clinking as he draws his sword and moves to engage the half-giant. Stopping a few yards away to listen to the beasts rant.

"
If you should spill any of my blood know that it is the same that stirs in your veins. The new Lord Marsten has the blood of the First Men and pays homage to the Old Gods. I hope you have paid homage today."
His words are not meant for Tryon but the men behind him.

[url=Initiative vs. Tyron][/url]: 3d6 15
Health 11/11
CD 11
AR: 10
F/I/W: 0/0/0

(OOC: If I lose initiative contingency fatigue if needed.)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:20 pm

[OOC: Got a starting position? With a reach weapon involved, the specifics of position - or at least distance - will be more important. I'll roll initiative when I'm not posting from my phone.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:42 pm

I think with the new house rules post melee, contingency fatigue is not possible anymore. All you could say is: "
I spend fatigue if I am attacked"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:40 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:

I think with the new house rules post melee, contingency fatigue is not possible anymore. All you could say is: "
I spend fatigue if I am attacked"

(ooc: I can see now my words can easily be misinterpreted. Spend a fatigue if attacked or attempt at knockdown, etc. is what I meant as it is the way we played in the BITW and called it contingency fatigue. The "
if needed"
implied an attack and not other non threatening actions like move and aim. Sorry for confusion.)

Code:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G |
1 | | | | | | | |
2 | | | | T | | | |
3 | | | | | | | |
4 | | | | | | | |
5 | | | | | | | |
6 | | | | | | | |
7 | | | B| | | | |
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:44 pm

OOC:
[url=Initiative][/url]: 3d6 12
Go ahead and post your first round.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:24 am

Round 1

"
Born into Darkness to let the Heavens reign!"
Ben launches at the loud mouth giant hoping to shut his mouth and command the clansmen's respect. His boots dig and twist into the dark mountain soil. He leaves his shield out in front to block the path of his blade. At the last second it whistles up from down low. The finely crafted steel works through the clansmen's old and unmaintained chain. It bites deep and continues to cut as Ben pulls it up and out.

Stepping passed and turning to step into a ready position. Ben realizes the damage he has done. "
Yield now and live to see your family. Continue and their fate will be in the Gods hands."

Greater Action: [url=Charge vs. Tyron -1d Att, +2 Dam (LBF1)][/url]: 5d6k4 16+1 Superior sword 17
Result: 4DoS x 8(6+2Charge) = 32 -5 =27
end in C3
Free Action: offer a chance to yield

Initiative vs. Tyron: 3d6 15
Health 11/11
CD 11
AR: 10
F/I/W: 0/0/0

(ooc: Fatigue if made target of attack, knockdown, etc.)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:14 am

Tyron takes 4 wounds to reduce the damage by 16 to 11.

Howling in pain and blood rage, Tyron shoves Ben like a toddler might shove a toy - and Ben goes flying to the ground as easily.
Tyron short-shafts his long axe, and raising it high over head brings it crashing down on the new-minted lord.
One of them is going to die today, and Tyron is determined for it not to be him.

[url=Knockdown Ben][/url]: 5d6-4 22
Take Fatigue for extra lesser action
[url=Reckless Attack vs Ben (with KD &
range penalty)][/url]: 7d6k5-5 20 vs 15[f] AR, 2 DoS, 18 - 10AR = 8 damage

Health 1/12
CD: 2 (7-5) AR: 5
F/I: 1/4

OOC: And I thought my effective 6 fighting was over the top... LBF1 + Athletics 5 = yeouch. Stand aside, Beast of Bracken. Everyone must beware the Monster of Marsten.
Don't even bother rolling your next attack - even if you roll all ones you would have 3 DoS and defeat him.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:24 am

(ooc: Not that it matters, but his stats in the Against the Clans thread stated he had fighting 4D. If knockdown adds+1D and close range subtracts -1D, shouldn't he still be keeping 4D?)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:49 am

[OOC: Good point Ben. Why not have him keep 4D but use another point of fatigue to ignore injury penalties as he attempts to go out with some style?]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:45 pm

[ooc: right! I was posting half asleep and forgot you could take fatigue to ignore injury penalties. Not that it mattered, that would put the roll at 23, which would still only be 2 DoS against Ben's 15 CD.
In the end this came down to initiative - rocket tag, indeed. If Tyron had gone first, he would not have charged - he would have moved into optimal range, knocked Ben down, and taken a fatigue to make a 6d6k5 attack;
Ben then would have likely have had to take 2 more fatigue to be able to stand, move, and attack (or stand and charge). The fatigue penalties would have reduced that attack (based on his actual charge) by a DoS, so "
only"
19 damage after AR. Tyron would only have to take 2 injuries, and would have done another knockdown/attack. Ben would then be maxed on fatigue and injured, so standing would not be viable. With -5 or -6 to his attack. Ben would still win in the end, but he would have been much worse off.

Still, the -1 fatigue penalty may make a difference in the war.

Ben, I think you missed that he took a fatigue to make greater action reckless attack.
The math on the roll is:
Base:6d6k4
-1B training: 5d6k4
+1D knockdown 6d6k5
+1D reckless: 7d6k6
-1D range: 7d6k5]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:26 pm

(Ooc: Yes the +1d from reckless. Duh! That is why I brought it up to see if I was missing something. Thanks for clarifying.)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:16 am

Ben attempts to catch Tyron's powerful attack with his shield, but only manages to slow the blow. Glancing off the shield it pounds into his breastplate with thankfully much less power.

Gasping for air Ben drives his sword into the massive man's unprotect legs. Not needing to be precise due to the recklessness of Tyron's attack Ben's blade fines purchase. The damage done is enough to put the monster down. His body slides to the ground in a heap next to Ben.

Keeping his eyes on the clansmen he pushes up to his feet. Feeling a wave of exhaustion and a dull ache in his chest he scans the crowd for trouble. Most remain still but agitated. Somewhere a few rows in a tall gangly youth can be seen pushing against the restraint of numerous others. He gives out a furious howl.

I gave him a chance boy. Save your rage. You're gonna need it.

Wiping his blade clean he returns it to it's scabbard. Bending down he picks up Tyron's axe. His eyes remain on the enemy. "
He fought fiercely. May he walk with his ancestors."

Raising the axe over head he pumps it in the air twice, turns and starts for his squire and horse. He fights his instinct to turn and watch his undefended back as he walks away.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:23 am

Marsten troops are predictably loud in affirmation of Lord Benedict Marsten's triumph, but more notable perhaps are the voices of support leant to them by Kriegar men.

Each time Benedict raises his foes axe in triumph the shouts grow in volume.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down