Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[AtMC] Harma the Quick (open)

3 posters

Go down

[AtMC] Harma the Quick (open) Empty [AtMC] Harma the Quick (open)

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:04 pm

To get the Mountain Clan storyline going, I am looking to start the 3 one-on-one duels. Anyone willing to fight Harma please post your introduction below and we can start. Please include where you stand and your initiative. I'd also encourage others to play out the duels with the other two opponents.

Covered in a leather armor, which also covered his head in a hood in a way that only his long grey braids were visible, Harma was standing in a circle of burning torches, waiting for his opponent. The mountain clans' raiders were waiting a couple of hunderd yards behind him and were told not to interfer. This was a duel and Harma would not let his honor be tainted by yielding to one of these plated weaklings.
His head will be an impressive trophy on my spear!

Statistics
Health 12/12
AR: 3
CD: 6
(I'd imagine Harma can take injuries, but no wounds, otherwise this is over very quickly?)

Map

Map:
Code:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G |
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
1 | | | | | | | |
2 | | | | H | | | |
3 | | | | | | | |
4 | | | | | | | |
5 | | | | | | | |
6 | | | | | | | |
7 | | | | | | | |

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[AtMC] Harma the Quick (open) Empty Re: [AtMC] Harma the Quick (open)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:53 pm

Baelon swings his sword about lazily. If he were mounted this would be over practically before it began, but he has a reputation of honor to maintain. Besides, even on foot this should be a scarcely more than a warm-up.

OOC: Starting at C7

Statistics
[url=Initiative][/url]: 3d6 12
CD: 11, AR: 10
Health: 9/9
F/I/W: 0/0/0

Map

Map:
Code:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G |
1 | | | | | | | |
2 | | | | H | | | |
3 | | | | | | | |
4 | | | | | | | |
5 | | | | | | | |
6 | | | | | | | |
7 | | | B | | | | |
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:26 pm

[url=Initiative][/url]: 4d6 18
[url=Charge Baleon][/url]: 5d6k4 17
-->
2 DoS *5 Damage = 10 -AR 10 = 0

As the battle begins, Harma leaps forward holding his boar spear with two hands. However, his weapon os designed to penetrate the hide of a boar not the steel plate of a knight and so it deflects harmlessly from his opponent's armour.

Last edited by 157 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:29 pm

Baelon casually deflects the spear from it's intended course, the point deflecting harmlessly off of his plate. His shining sword almost lazily slips forward, slicing cleanly through the clansman's hardened leather chest-piece, leaving a foot-long bloody gash.

OOC:
[url=Standard Attack vs. Harma][/url]: 8d6k6+1 27 vs 6 CD, capped at 4 DoS, 20 - 3AR = 17 damage
[url=Maneuver Harma][/url]: 6d6 23->
18 vs TN 20 (fails)
Roll Correction: if weapon bonus dice don't apply to Maneuver, neither does Expertise. [url=roll correction - die to drop][/url]: 1d6 6 drops a 5, making the test fail.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:26 am

Harma feints an attack to Baelon's left and than attacks at his right. The idea was thought out well, though once again he could not penetrate the knight's armour.

Actions
[url=Distract Baleon][/url]: 4d6-2 14 ->
Suceeds vs a passive will of 3?
Aim +1B
Fatigue: [url=Attack][/url]: 6d6k5-3 12
(Damn, with these rolls I can just yield..)

Statistics
Health 3/12
AR: 3
CD: 6
F / I: 1/2

OOC
Harma is built very harmlessly. With a damage of 3 per DoS it is really hard to manufacture any kind of damage. (A powerful weapon without strength bonus die does not help :;
): )

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:58 am

Harma's spear once again harmlessly deflects off of Baelon's dragon-themed armor. Using his shield to prevent the spear being used to parry his strike, Baelon slashes at Harma's relatively undefended neck, separating the grey-haired head from Harma's body.

[url=Standard Attack vs. Harma][/url]: 8d6k6+1 26, 4 DoS, 20-3AR = 17 damage
Harma can only take 2 more injuries, reducing that to 9 and would still be defeated.
Defeat condition: Death.

OOC:
Yes, that distract succeeded, but still only 1 DoS on the attack.
Harma reminds me a little of my last character... he fought in the melee with a regular spear and shield, with effectively 5 fighting and 3 athletics, so also 3 damage per DoS. I did fine until I faced full plate. In that game full plate had the full -6 AP, and I still couldn't do much. Needing 4 DoS is rough without 6 fighting or serious benefit support. Now if Harma had a frog spear, things would have been different - I would have taken 4 damage on the first attack. Ok, not much difference, but still. Really, low defense and weak armor is not a good combination.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:27 pm

As the knight in steel separates his foes' head from his shoulders, a murmur can be heard from the observing clans. But just as they were instructed, none of them advance to attack the lonely knight and allow him to return behind his lines.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:27 am

Over before it began.

Ser Baelon's victory prompts a muted response and a few ragged cheers from the Alliance.

The young swordsman has already built a frightening reputation following his melee victory and exploits over Ser Gareth Royce. His side expected a swift victory and their champion has matched the high expectations. The Dragon's son delivers.

"
Dragon's son! Dragon's son!"
puncture's the bright day's hushed still in places, but despite the gathered forces the cheers are quieter than at Lord Drakeson's melee victory.

Such feats are expected of him now.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down