Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D1, MM] Calling First Upon the Blackened Trees

+13
Kevan Lyras
Athelstan
Yve Tullison
Daveth Coldbrook
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Jorah Holt
Septon Arlyn
Jamys Rivers
Benedict Marsten
Dunstan Tullison
Lady Corrine Marsten
Nathaniel Mason
Reader
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[D1, MM] Calling First Upon the Blackened Trees - Page 2 Empty Re: [D1, MM] Calling First Upon the Blackened Trees

Post by Reader Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:25 pm

Loreia wrote:OOC: Whoops, will do. Confirmed with Reader, that was my Status. The following is Persuasion. Unfortunately, I fell short on that one. Unless the others default. Very Happy

[url=Persuasion - Colyn Manderly's challenge][/url]: 2d6 3

[OOC: anyone who misses out, fear not. Swords will be drawn on D3 and D4, plenty of fighting to go round.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D1, MM] Calling First Upon the Blackened Trees - Page 2 Empty Re: [D1, MM] Calling First Upon the Blackened Trees

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:51 pm

[ooc]Rolled low, gauntlet is yours [url=Gauntlet Status][/url]: 3d6k3 8[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:16 pm

[url=Status (Duel)][/url]: 4d6+2 19
[url=Convince (Duel)][/url]: 5d6k4+2 17

Sorry Loreia, it is not like there will be many chances for a joust otherwise..

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:38 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Sorry Loreia, it is not like there will be many chances for a joust otherwise..
[OOC: I suspect you may be wrong about that... remember that joust/combat is the default method for dealing with disagreements for line-items of the peace treaty.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:22 pm

[Not 100% sold on Theo joining the part, but rolls in case he does:

[url=Reputation][/url]: 5d6k4 [url=luck reroll][/url]: 5d6k4 22
[url=simple intrigue][/url]: 5d6k4+5 12

So spake Orokos, looks like Theo didn't try all that hard.
]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:21 am

Joust will take place on D2. Feel free to roleplay Kevan pressing his claim. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:44 pm

Nathaniel's smooth manner seems to soothe Ser Myles, who joins the room in laughing off Edmund's failure. However, house Blackwood's master at arms Ser Colyn Manderly is less content with a mere apology, and heated words are exchanged and a gauntlet is thrown at Ser Edmund Bartheld's feet in challenge.

It was late on the second day of the investigations, Ser Kevan returned to the main hall of castle from a short exchange with Ser Tyron Blackwood. In the middle of the hall, surrounded by a few retainers of House Blackwood, he saw Colyn Manderly, the Master-at-arms.
"
Ser Colyn, it is good to meet you. I understood from Lord Marsten, that you were actively looking for a knightly challenge during the arrival of the royal investigators. My name is Kevan Lyras, I am the Marsten's keeper of the gate. I wondered, wether you'd be interested in a joust against me rather than poor Ser Edmund. The man has his qualities, but martial prowress are unfortunately not at the top of that list and it would be rather unpleasant to punish him for his clumsiness, don't you agree?"

Happy for the other retainers present, Kevan hoped that the pressure from his peers would be enough to ensure that Ser Colyn could not back down..."

[Do I need to roll persuasion or something?]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:07 pm

[your previous roll has already secured the tilt, will start proceedings tonight!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:56 pm

[D2] The Blackwoods and Ser Colyn seemed a little surprised by the identity of Ser Edmund's champion: a sign that House Marsten would strike against the old god worshippers on religious grounds or an attempt by Ser Kevan to appear even-handed, despite his Blackwood wife?

Nonetheless, Ser Kevan's command of oratory and social standing won out over other potential champions. Ser Colyn greeted Kevan's acceptance with a Warrior's handshake: "
I trust you understand Blackwood honour must be defended."
The master at arms seemingly bore the Marsten banner man no ill will, being moved by martial virtues rather than political concerns.

The tilting yard outside was made ready, with a sizeable contingent forming to watch the joust.

Ser Colyn's courser and shield both bore the aqua and Merman of his house and he was armoured in a stout suit of half-plate. An expert swordsman and "
merely"
a fine jouster, he was no stranger to victories in minor regional tournaments having carried the day at the tournament for the late Lord Blackwood's fortieth nameday.

Ser Colyn
Passive Ride: 14
Health 12/12
AR 9

[OOC: settled by first injury/unhorsing or yield, this is a matter of honour rather than life &
death]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:12 pm

Kevan knew full well that his actions were viewed from a political perspective as well. He wore his full plate armor and his shield showed the sun of his house. He also did not wear his investigator's coat, but rather donned a chequered cape in white and grey.

Sitting on his dark rounsey horse, he waved turned around in a small circle to take a look at all the present spectators.
"
Good luck Ser Colyn!"
The Marsten knight closed his visor and lowered his lance. As the sign was given, his steed charged forward and his lance struck the mermaid painted on his opponent's shield.

Joust
Passive Ride: 15 + 5 from Anointed = 20
High in the saddle +2
Health 12/12
AR 10
[url=Joust(High in the saddle)][/url]: 10d6k4+2 21
2DoS

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:04 pm

Ser Colyn was up against a redoubtable jouster in Ser Kevan, but stood high in the saddle and used the leverage to deliver a ringing blow. Two shattered lances and applause from the watching nobles, despite the underling tensions!

The master of arm's lance was steady throughout the charge and aimed for his opponent's shield as in a tourney rather than the chest or helm.

Ser Colyn
Health 9/12
[url=catch your breath][/url]: 4d6 18 +4 health
AR 9
Takes 16 damage - 9AR = 7
Pass 2: high in the saddle

[url=Stay in the saddle][/url]: 5d6k3-2 14 - a spent destiny point will unhorse him by imposing -1D.
[url=High in the saddle +2][/url]: 8d6k4+2 23
1 DoS, TN 9 ride check to stay mounted
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:18 pm

Just as the lance hit his shield, Kevan shifted his weight slightly, which helped him to keep his balance. He rode to the end of the lane, where he threw the remains of his broken lance to the ground and received a new one from a squire.
A true knight it seems. Refreshing to see in times like this
He turned around, ready for the second round.

Joust
[url=Stay in the saddle][/url]: 6d6k3 15 -2 from high in the saddle = 13
1 DoS is less than 10 damage, I guess?

Passive Ride: 15
High in the saddle +2
Health 12/12
AR 10
[url=Joust(High in the saddle II)][/url]: 10d6k4+2 21 2 DoS again

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:48 pm

Ser Colyn Pass 2
Health 2/12 (from lance) then - 8 again (fall from saddle) = 2 injuries
catch your breath: 4d6 18 +4 health
AR 9
Takes 16 damage - 9AR = 7
Pass 2: high in the saddle
[url=Stay in the saddle][/url]: 5d6k3-2 6 - he tumbled from his saddle, injured.
[url=High in the saddle +2][/url]: 8d6k4+2 20 - 2 DoS = 16 damage - 10AR = 6 damage =>
TN 12 to stay mounted
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:05 pm

The second pass was similar to the first, both lances struck, a proof to the skill of both participants. Ser Manderly's blow was better aimed than the first one, nevertheless Ser Kevan stayed in his saddle, while his opponent fell. Kevan quickly dismounted and got rid of his helmet as he jogged over to the Blackwood Master-at-arms. He offered the downed opponent a hand and helped him back up again, as the men was still groggy from the hit and the subsequent fall. "
You fought very well Ser Coyle and you have defended the honor of House Blackwood well, despite that fall."

[url=Stay in the saddle][/url]: 6d6k3-2 15

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:17 pm

Ser Colyn gratefully took Ser Kevan's hand, seeming to bear his conqueror no ill will.

"
Well fought Ser Kevan."

He raises a hand and speak solemnly.

"
I was rash in my judgement of Ser Edmund Bartheld - any man who can call on such valiant friends is a man of character. I apologise for my misjudgement."

The courtyard's disappointment at Ser Colyn's defeat seems moderated by his gracious words and the high quality tilt, with many spectators applauding the speech.

A strange thing Westerosi honour - a good showing against the right opponent coupled with the right result

[+1 glory to Ser Kevan.

Bonus side event: Spinners &
losers - One House - (first come, first served) may attempt to spin the joust against House Marsten: for Ser Kevan being married to a Blackwood, for stepping in on behalf of a Green supporting Bartheld etc. Please be clear on how you're spinning things in your post. Roll a simple intrigue to do this.

If someone does so, House Marsten may then oppose with a simple intrigue.

Highest scoring House gets +1 influence, lower scoring -1. Roll only takes place if a non-Marsten House kicks off proceedings.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:25 am

Dunstan sat in the hall while the duel went on and no matter how honorable it is to fight for honor like proper knights, he disliked the fact that it happened here on Blackwood lands, with a husband of a Blackwood no less. Protest was unusually subtle for the young Lord, instead of loudmouthing he simply rolled his eyes, turned around and went to the crowd.

There he talked with Blackwod courtiers
"
It is a damn shame, really.. I did not expect this. To duel a man from this family, while we all now what his situation is. In this chaos no less. I did not expect many things from Marstens, and this only confirms my suspicions."
he says, subtly, without much fuss.

Truth be told he was bitter at Corrine still, because of young Ben's departure.

[url=Spinning Houses Simple Intrigue][/url]: 4d6 17

OOC: Whatta hell, little drama is never bad!

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:21 am

"
Ser Dunstan, you are a fellow knight yourself, why would you think it is a shame to joust for matters of honor? This was a mere joust, no fight over life and death. Surely, you understand the difference? Also, I am a bit confused by your take on House Marsten. Is it not that your own fiancée was introducted to you by Lady Corrine herself?"

[url=Convince (Spinning Houses)][/url]: 5d6k4+2 19

OOC: First results from your uncle's lesson? Subtlety over Loudmouthing? Razz

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:50 pm

OOC: One DP to impose -1D on Ser Kevan's roll if that's possible.

"
Yes, I am Ser.. and forgive me but I hardly think dueling another man - for honor or whatever else - in this situation would cause only turmoil.. Which it is already, so I suggest we don't continue this discussion and focus on the more pressing matters at hand"
'

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:59 pm

Dunstan Tullison wrote:OOC: One DP to impose -1D on Ser Kevan's roll if that's possible.

"
Yes, I am Ser.. and forgive me but I hardly think dueling another man - for honor or whatever else - in this situation would cause only turmoil.. Which it is already, so I suggest we don't continue this discussion and focus on the more pressing matters at hand"
'

[OOC: drops it to a 17 and putting us in reroll city, if you're happy to spend the point for a shot at a reroll?

Or you can spend it for 1B on your own roll and hope to get a 6, winning outright!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:36 am

OOC: Let's go the re roll route - [url=Persuasion][/url]: 4d6 14

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:13 am

[url=Convince (Spinning Houses)][/url]: 5d6k4+2 19
[OOC: A spent destiny point for a reroll against someone with a better dice pool? Ah the young ones gotta spend their destiny somehow hm? ]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Galladon of Claw Isle Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:11 pm

Galladon was a man much used to travel, and the humid air common to the Riverlands seemed always like an old friend in the back of his mind, reassuring him, as he traveled behind the Coldbrook delegation. The slow trot of Mya, his Rounsey, comfortably carried him at a slow pace, and he would almost have been comfortable, if not for the expected severity of the destination. Once his thoughts had fallen to this irritation, he began to note others, the scratch of his newly trimmed beard, and the discomfort of clothes recently tailored for severity, along with the occasional stutter of Mya's inelegant hoof on the road. All of these mounted in him, and he took a moment of catechism to rein them in, focusing his thoughts on the upcoming severity of Raventree hall. In his self reflection, his eyes wandered, perhaps something regarding the conflict was to be discovered in the brush or upon the side of the road.

Awareness (Notice): 3d6 16

In seldom a moment, the knight thought he had spotted something, and disengaged from the traveling party, leading his horse off in cautious pursuit. Mya, being the poor horse she was, though he welcomed it in her, proved unable to navigate the uneven ground, and with a muttered oath, Galladon lead her back to the road, ensuring no damage had been done even as his teeth clenched in frustration

Animal Handling (Ride): 2d6 9

Arriving in the hall, Ser Galladon was moved by the dour austerity of the room, watching with a sense of caring pity at the young lord Benjicot, forced to sit in his father's throne, to wave goodbye to the warmth of childhood and step into the boots of a man dead far before his time. This sympathy in him seemed to allow him to transcend the inelegance natural to him, the emotion in his eyes evident in the bow made before the young lord, ending with a slight, warm smile to the boy, as if to reassure him. He should have liked to take the boy out for a game, to play at jousting or dueling, as the young boys he had known among the smallfolk would have liked, but he was forced to confine that wish to a warm smile and a kind look.

Status (Bread and Salt): 3d6 16
Galladon of Claw Isle
Galladon of Claw Isle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2