Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Survivors' Chance

5 posters

Go down

The Survivors' Chance Empty The Survivors' Chance

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:37 am

Several hours after the battles at Bull's Peak and the Ringing Hills, the surviving clan members who could be rounded up are brought into Hartshorn's courtyard by Ser Markus.

Lady Corrine, Lord Benedict, and Ser Kevan await them, and, once they are assembled, Corrine steps forward to speak to them, hands open, her voice clear and sincere, trying to reach out to them;

"
It is regrettable that we are not speaking in friendlier circumstances, but I want you all to know that I bear none of you any ill will. Like House Marsten, you had a duty of protection. However, I am sure you all acknowledge now that violent resistance was not the best course.

With that in mind, I wish to make you an offer. I wish to foster peace in the Marsten lands, and I would like for you to participate in this goal. If you are willing to acknowledge me as your liege lady and swear fealty, I will grant you the right to settle upon my lands, raise crops, and integrate with the rest of my people, who already live good, honest lives. As loyal denizens, you will always have the protection of House Marsten's armies, and I will see to it that you are treated with the dignity and respect any full citizen can expect.

I offer you the opportunity to sow peace, and reap prosperity, rather than sowing destruction, and reaping hardship. So, will you join us, and put an end to the needless bloodshed?"

[url=Persuasion (Convince) clan survivors][/url]: 5d6 15 (Pending assists)
[url=Attractive reroll][/url]: 2d6 5
Total before assists = 18
Kevan's assist +2 = 20

Last edited by 151 on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

The Survivors' Chance Empty Re: The Survivors' Chance

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:03 pm

Kevan stays close to his Liege Lady, as she attempts to convince the survivors. Not that he was suspecting any of them to attack her, but it was better to be safe than sorry. He looked around and saw many of the men with bandages and tunics still bloody. Ser Markus and his men had made sure they were treated right and their wounds tended to.
I respect her spirit and it's well worth a try, but these men are still bloody from the battle...
Nevertheless, he supported her as best as he could.

"
Lady Corrine is right and her offer is prove of her generosity! We may have fought today and friends did not live through the battle on both sides of the battle. But if you accept, this battle shall be the last fight between our people for we live in peace and prosperty!"

[OOC: Do I have to roll for an assist? Or is it just +2 from Persuasion 4?]
Edit: Here is the roll: [url=Convince (Survivors)][/url]: 5d6k4+2 15

Last edited by 157 on Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:50 pm

[Normally assists outside combat don't need a roll, but I use some in tough circumstances. This certainly counts - Persuade (Convince) TN 12]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:23 am

Unsure of themselves, a few mountain clan members swear exotic oaths, cutting themselves or making promises sealed with burning rocks or brands. Many are keen to take their promises directly with Ser Kevan and "
The Ben"

Stranger still, some who had drifted away reappear in the weeks to come with young families and the aged. Winter has been cruel - they are a sorry lot.

It is but a trickle, but word will come to the court of this unorthodox behaviour.

"
Whatever happened to House Marsten?"

Shaking her head behind a thick winter scarf. "
Used to be you knew where you stood with House Marsten."

"
Such a shame. Such are the times we live in."

[OOC: To say this is kind-hearted is an understatement. To say it is scandalous would be a larger understatement.

+3 Population, -4 influence.

Persuasion 18 to reduce the influence penalty to -3.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:53 am

In the aftermath of the scandal around her unorthodox act, Corrine stands by her decision publicly, insisting that showing mercy &
compassion are more valued by the Gods than force of arms alone, and that reaching out to the clans after showing the strength of the Marsten armies creates the hitherto untried possibility of lasting peace, rather than a mere generation of uneasy quietude.

A decree from House Marsten is sent out when the gossip starts and the tongues begin wagging:

House Marsten has recently defended itself from an assault by mountain clans. Amassing a grand alliance of troops they conquered these inhabitants of their lands. And like all the great conquerors of Westeros, the Andals, the Targaryens, they have made them bend the knee to House Marsten, and, in turn, House Arryn, our leige, and the King himself. House Marsten has boldly done what many have tried through the years and succeeded.

Privately, she agonises over the decision, worrying deeply about the House's standing, and questioning her judgement.

[url=Persuasion - Charm (mitigate scandal)][/url]: 6d6k5 22

Last edited by 151 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:57 am

Lady Isobel Marsten surprises some observers by attempting to defend her daughter's unorthodox behaviour. Publicly, she desperately tries to cite historic examples and appropriate prayers to justify Corrine's behaviour.

[Awareness - empathy TN 13, any House Marsten members.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:07 am

Corrine is as dismayed as any to see her mother supporting her. Isobel speaks with conviction, but Corrine detects something not quite right in her mother's eyes when she catches her gaze.

[url=Awareness - Empathy (read Isobel)][/url]: 4d6k3 12 (Drat. One point off. Sad It's not my day. Spending a DP to make the discarded 2 into a test dice.)

Total = 14

[ooc: Edited because Nathan pointed out my oversight.]

Last edited by 151 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:17 am

[OOC: If you have one free, you could spend a DP to convert the 2 to a test die. They refreshed at the end of Story 1 and refresh again at the beginning of Story 2.]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:44 am

Ben stands tall beside Corrine, his clothes simple, a large wolfs pelt cloak blowing behind him. His auburn hair tussled by the same strong breeze that moved his cloak. Dark wiry hair covers his chin and cheeks.

The two cast quite the contrasting pair. Corrine in her elegant Andal beauty and Ben in his rough appearance.

After Corrine and Kevan appeal to the survivors, Ben clears his throat loudly. "
Long has the blood of the clans and Marsten watered theses mountains. These mountains drink without caring which is which. Your blood and theirs has mingled all that time.

In my own veins runs the blood of the first men, the first conquerors. And in Lady Marsten's belly grows a child of that mingled blood. Let that child be the harbinger of our two great people becoming one strong family.

With our people unified as one these mountains will stand forever strong and all will prosper."

(ooc: Had this half way done before Reader gave results. I will post just for flavor with out a roll.)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down