Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3:LA] The Black Jack

4 posters

Go down

[D3:LA] The Black Jack Empty [D3:LA] The Black Jack

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:35 am

[url=initiative vs Blackjack][/url]: 3d6-4 8

The sun was at its zenith, air rippled in the heat. Only light breeze was giving solace to crowds on the streets. In one moment, everything froze motionless, when a lone rider slowly rode from the alley. The conversations stopped, people stopped what they were doing, everybody kept track of lone rider. He was wearing worn brigandine, high horseback riding boots and his back was covered by old, copper coat. His face was tanned from the sun and wind, his long blonde hair was clung from sweat. He was way much taller and much more massively built than usual man, and the chestnut rounsey completed impressing view.

People started to leave the street in hurry, area immediately emptied, there was only sounds of closing shutters around. On the street stayed only man on his horse, with only dust and tumbleweed lazily pushed by the wind across the street. Rider finally stopped at one of buildings. 'Drunken Stallion' signborad proclaimed. At the entrance, leaning against the pillar, was standing man chewing a blade of grass. He was tanned, but his skin color was darker after years spent in mines. His wide shoulders and powerful arms was covered in vines and tatoos.

-Another one, eh?- he spat saliva through his teeth, not stopping chewing.

Lone rider deftly jumped of his horse. Now to his arm was attached large shield -Aye.- answered shortly nodding with his head. For longer moment they were looking eye to eye, motionless. Sun stood in half way between them, casting devoid of shape shadows.

Man under the building stepped slowly on the street. -You sure You wanna try Your luck, b'hoy?- stood with thumbs in his belt, with widely spaced legs.

-Try?- lone rider lifted his eyebrows -No...- he slightly shook his head to sides. -I'll take what I came for, Jack.-

On Black Jack's mouth apperaed smile, but his eyes remained cold and expressionless. -Strong words for someone who came for Black Jack's life... Alone...- slightly nodded his head up in question.

-I don't like crowd when it's not needed.- rider's eyes narrowed. -And it's not needed, Jack...- On his face appeared nasty smile.

-So let it be.- Black Jack reached for his weapon and stood sideways, in position to fight. -Just tell me who sent after my head this time. Judge himself, or it was some Lordling again?-

Rider slowly slipped long bastard sword from the sheath while answering -Stranger...-

Ser Walton
HP 12/12
CD 11
AR 8
FIW 0/0/0

if he is throwing 6d6k5, then I will take fatigue point to avoid armor penalty, if he wins initiative Razz

Last edited by 179 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

[D3:LA] The Black Jack Empty Re: [D3:LA] The Black Jack

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:03 pm

[OOC:Okay, RP is done, now waiting for Black Jack's character sheet and someone to jump in.

Hope You like reading, at least in half of how I enjoyed writing it Very Happy
]

EDIT:

Black Jack
Agility 3, Endurance 5, Fighting 4 (Bludgeons 1B, Shields 1B) Athletics 4, Awareness 3
Equipment: Large shield, Mace, Splint Armour
Expertise (Fighting - Bludgeons)
Tactics: Knockdown and attack!

Who would like to play as the guy?;
)
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:49 pm

Black Jack does not reply to this last comment, instead he gets into fighting position and his face shows an ugly smile as he awaits his opponents first move.

Black Jack
[url=Initiative][/url]: 3d6-4 7
Mace: 6d6k5 , 5 Damage / Knockdown: 4d6
AR: 7 / CD: 11 (14)
Health: 15
F/I: 0/0

Agility 3, Endurance 5, Fighting 4 (Bludgeons 1B, Shields 1B) Athletics 4, Awareness 3

Will spend fatigue on knockdown or attack
Oh, these opponents are quite capable compared to the ones from the offseason...

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:23 am

[url=disarm r1, fatigue spent][/url]: 9d6k6 24
[url=knockdown][/url]: 7d6k5 21
[url=weapon fly distance][/url]: 1d6 5

Men charged against each other. Ser Walton went lower on his legs, metal met metal in the air, then young knight with quick move of blade flipped one of Black Jack's legs. When surprised Jack was falling to the ground, Walton with quick pull of his bastard sword disarmed his opponent. Mace flew for few feets away and landed on the ground. Ser Walton not losing concentration closed edge of his sword to Black Jack's neck, so droplet of blood appeared on his skin.

-Surrender and You will save Your life. Or fight. And die...- nasty smile appeared on young knight's face.

Walton
HP 12/12
CD 11
AR 8
FIW 1/0/0
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:04 am

[as well as the extra fatigue needed noted on the mechanics thread, this is actually a tie on initiative as splint's penalty is only -3, so reroll please]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:20 am

[url=reroll init][/url]: 3d6 12
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:42 am

[url=Initiative Tiebreaker][/url]: 3d6-3 11
Applying the AP to your roll means Black Jack goes first. Sorry... :?

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:06 am

Kevan Lyras wrote:[url=Initiative Tiebreaker][/url]: 3d6-3 11
Applying the AP to your roll means Black Jack goes first. Sorry... :?

Nice rolling :/ so let it begin Smile
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:14 am

Black Jack does not reply to this last comment, instead he lifts his mace and runs at his opponent trying to knock him to the ground.
[url=Knockdown (+2 from move)][/url]: 4d6+2 13 (does that suceed?)

Spend fatigue for lesser action - attack:
Attack with +1D from knockdown: [url=Attack (with +1D from knockdown)][/url]: 7d6k6 23 -1 from fatigue = 22 @ 5 damage per DoS
(If the knockdown did not succeed, I will randomly drop a dice)

Black Jack
Health: 15
F/I: 1 /0

Edit: Added fatigue penalty

Last edited by 157 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:28 am

[url=attack minus 2 fatigue][/url]: 9d6k6 33-2 max, 4DoS x 6dmg = 24-7 = 17dmg

Walton takes 10-8dmg, 2dmg on me
Spent fatigue defending (1st post) and now greater action to stand up, then fatigue to attack.

Ser Walton rolls to side, with Black Jack's mace slightly hitting him on his arm. While standing up, he throws out long, overhand cut from one knee. Walton immediately knew the blow was well placed and timed. Now he was standing again in front of Black Jack...

Ser Walton
HP 10/12
CD 11
AR 8
FIW 2/0/0
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:25 am

A surpressed sigh and a trickle of blood are the only signs of the severity of Ser Walton's hit. The Black Jack rises his weapon again trying to repeat the tactics from before. However, he is obviously still affected by the previous hit managing only a weak shove. Nevertheless, he manages to hit his knightly opponent with a quick uppercut hit from his mace.

[url=Knockdown][/url]: 4d6-3 5
[url=Attack][/url]: 6d6k5-3 21

Black Jack
Health: 3 / 15
F/I: 2 /1

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:18 am

[url=attack +1D from knockdown][/url]: 10d6k7-2 31 again max DoS, so 4x6dmg-7AR=17dmg?
[url=knockdown][/url]: 7d6k5-2 23

Walton got surprised by the strike, was blinded by the power of strike. Instincously threw blow with his shield. This time Black Jack didn't see that coming. Bastard sword followed his enemy, hitting viciously once again.

Ser Walton
HP 3/12
CD 11
AR 8
FIW 2/0/0

[Will take fatigue on incoming attack]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:15 pm

The miner coughs up blood, which flows out of his mouth and down to his chin. Struggling to breath he lifts his mace once again, for what will likely be his last strike. With a red grin on his face he attacks...

[url=Reckless Attack][/url]: 7d6k6-7 18

Black Jack
AR: 7 / CD: 6 / 11
Health: 1 / 15
F/I: 3 /4

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:03 pm

With fatigue used, Jack's attack was only 1DoS, so no damage taken. Well invested point Very Happy

[url=knockdown][/url]: 7d6k5-3 16
[url=attack +1D -3 Fatigue][/url]: 10d6k7-3 23, against his lowered CD, again max, 4DoS x 6dmg -7AR = 17dmg /// Must be end of the fight Razz

Ser Walton dodges the blow to the side and pushes opponent to the ground with his shield. With quick pirouette young heir passed next to Black Jack, and before he landed on the ground, Dulver hit back of his head with handgrip of bastard sword...

Ser Walton
HP 3/12
CD 11
AR 8
FIW 3/0/0

[OOC: Seems like the end of the fight Very Happy thanks very much Kevan, maybe next time You will have opportunity to play with Your own character against The Might Heir :;
): ]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:10 pm

[ooc: +1 glory, please choose consequences of defeat]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:48 pm

Black Jack was laying on the ground. With his shaking hand, he lifted his mace to protect himself from mighty Dulver's heir. Ser Walton with lazy strike of his blade knocked the weapon from Jack's hand. Next in line was shield, kicked away by young knight. Walton also let his shield to land on the ground. He sticked his bastard sword into the ground with two hands, and leaned on it. His indifferent eyes were looking on beaten opponent.

-You gave me good fight, sellsword. And not many can boast with that.- pointed at one of dents caused by old miner's mace. -You don't fight because of hatred or wrong cause, You didn't betray or revolt. You fight for money, as iron is Your bread and butter.- With one strong pull, he took the sword out of the ground, and pointed the end of it to Black Jack. -I have no dispute with You, mercenary. I know what respect is. And war. Surrender, and when we will be done here, You will be free to leave the captivity and leave to serve wherever You want...- Walton nodded with his head in question...

[OOC: He seems to me to be simple sellsword, the guy on wrong side. He probably can't ransom himself,also I don't care about killing him, so, my chosen consequences is: The Black Jack is imprisoned by House Dulver. How does it suits us?]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:01 pm

[OOC: you're well within your power to take someon back to Dulver's cells. Westeros doesn't really go in for life sentences (most houses don't have huge jails), so you may want to consider:

- the wall
- maiming
- execution
- keeping him prisoner and include his punishment in the final peace treaty]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:18 pm

Reader wrote:[OOC: you're well within your power to take someon back to Dulver's cells. Westeros doesn't really go in for life sentences (most houses don't have huge jails), so you may want to consider:

- the wall
- maiming
- execution
- keeping him prisoner and include his punishment in the final peace treaty]

[OOC: As he is sellsword, not criminal (I guess), Walton wanted to release him after we'll be done here, so within the week. Or let Raynald try to pull him into Whoresons, as I saw he is completing The Crew]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:28 pm

[OOC: as the peacemakers thread notes, he's been looting and pillaging at the very least to replace his mining income, and possibly committing worse deeds]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:31 pm

[But that would made him even more at home with the whoresons :? ]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:39 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:[But that would made him even more at home with the whoresons :? ]

[OOC: that's the point Razz and he is not that bad- after they closed the mine, most of guys started heavily drinking, so it's nice he didn't give up and found new occupation. looting, pillaging- it's the warzone, shit happens]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:42 pm

[OOC: Ha! In the Chronicle starter and Dragon's Dance, House Dulver is sworn to the Lannisters and it's clear our players share some Lannister thinking!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:01 pm

[OOC: Easy now, first Black Jack needs to be approved by Raynald. With a quick questioning and perhaps a Intrigue Raynald will determine if the bandit will join him or be hanged (presenting him to the Lord, of course). Of course, with the fact that the Whoresons already have an "
Black"
character chances are not good for old Jack here. -You seems like a nice jolly fellow Jack, but just happens that I already have a big bad Black bastard with me and he gives too much trouble already - have you seen how much he eat? - why in the seven hells should I keep two like him with me? Hehehehe]
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down