Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 4, EA -MA] tumblers checkup

2 posters

Go down

[Day 4, EA -MA] tumblers checkup Empty [Day 4, EA -MA] tumblers checkup

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:58 am

Septon Arlyn arrives at Nathan's temporary refugee site. He had made promises to the healer's in the tent that he would be available to help tomorrow, and he intended to keep his word. As he arrived their was a similar air around the refugees. They noticed the Septon from house Dulver and he was met with grins and thanks. what's going on here. as he got to the tent the healer from yesterday greets him. "
Do you know what all this commotion is about?"
Asks Septon Arlyn.

"
That Dulver Archer boy Lucien brought back some fine meat and herbs. The entire camp was able to have some meat in their never ending stew this morning."
States the healer grinning.

"
Aye, meat is what is needed for most of these people. To help them regain their strength."
Septon Arlyn pauses. "
He is a good boy, That lad. Certainly has brought honor to the Dulver House."
Not like my bumbling actions this morning. "
so are you still in need of my services?"
Asks Septon Arlyn.

"
We are, I've got you set up in the corner over here.."
And he leads Septon Arlyn over to do some more work

[url=Healing treat injury day 4 tumbler check up][/url]: 6d6k4 18
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 4, EA -MA] tumblers checkup Empty Re: [Day 4, EA -MA] tumblers checkup

Post by Ereth Redwain Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:47 pm

Lord Ereth looks for the village of Pennytree but finding instead some campsite filled with smallfolk and a rather round about septon tending to their souls and bodies. They eat pretty well for refugees, meat and herbs, glad their lord are taking care of their smallfolk.

"
Perhaps you can pass down that food with some cider Septon"
dismounting and pulling one of his two bottles from a saddle bag "
I only have two, but I'm saving the other one"
"
Because you are a drunkard..."
approaching the camp and looking at all the people gathered "
I heard rumors of tBlackbuckle, are they survivors I assume?"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:32 pm

"
Good morning, my Lord, it is good to see a mighty Lord come visit the small folk. These good people here are refugees, coming to seek some safety in these wartorn lands, hearing that a young master is providing them some food and care for their wounds, of they help cure the blight that is blackbuckle."
Septon Arlyn pauses then states, "
my Lord, from my investigations into blackbuckle a few days prior, I doubt there were any survivors. "
speaks the Septon gravely. "
I an Septon Arlyn, of House Dulver. May I have the pleasure of your Lordships aquatintance?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:46 pm

"
Good afternoon I believe"
jesting with the septon and in a more sincere tone "
I'm as mighty as the next lord, dear septon, I'm afraid I'm not even used to the lord title yet either"

"
I guess it's much worse, but everything can always be turned around to take advantage of it"

"
Pity such things happen and that the smallfolk pay the highest price at times"
shaking his head "
That village will take long to recover if at all, i would offer those that would like a better home a place in my lands, but I do not want to anger lord Haigh"
stretching his hand "
I'm Ereth Redwain, of House Redwain"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:21 am

Looking up at the sky Septon Arlyn makes a small chuckle, "
aye, hours in the day seem to slip through our fingers when engaged in the Gods work. So you are a new Lord then? Well even the youngest of Lord's and houses deserve the proper respect,"
Septon Arlyn bows to the Lord Ereth Redwain.

I wonder if this Lord actually cares for the people, or if he is just trying to make a play to strengthen his own house at the expense of others small folk. Let's find out...

"
So what house are you sworn to, my Lord?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:35 am

"
House Frey"
a proud smile "
A septon should never vow, please stop"
crossing his arms in front of him "
I hope to find a good septon at some point, but not one that is lazy and wants to stay inside my hall more than I do, I get enough from one of my retainers that believes I waste my soldiers time by making my smallfolk homes of wood and rock foundation"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:43 am

"
You make your small folks homes from wood and rock foundation? And you have your soldiers assist with construction?"
Septon Arlyn was clearly impressed.

"
So tell me, have you had any history with this Blackwood's and Bracken's conflict?"
He asks this question, seeking answers not yet readily accessible to even his own mind.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:19 am

"
Every man's home its his castle septon, and most of my men have families in Greenrest Village so they worked harder for it."

"
None, all I know is common knowledge like most. They hate each other and have been fighting for some generations, plus whatever else I can see in my visit"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:54 am

How curious, every man's home is his castle. Almost as if he believes that the peasants own the land they work on. I wonder how far this odd balls quirkiness goes.
"
Well they certainly have put on their worst performance for it. So tell me a little more about how you rule your lands. Do you not collect what the small folk produce and divide it back amongst themselves? Do the people in your lands *own* their own homes?"
Septon Arlyn asks incredulously.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:24 am

"
The lands were given to me, and I'm a banner man to House Frey, that is the law and I cannot change things that much, but I do have some space to do as I see fit in my fief"
looking with curiosity at the septon "
I just view things in a simple way. My lands reflects upon me, my people's well being reflects upon me, and so is how well or bad they live. I have learned that if your people are happy and live well, they will work harder and fight harder for you."

"
I hope to find a septon like you that wants to work with my smallfolk, as much as my household"

"
How does lord Dulver rule his lands?"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:20 pm

Septon Arlyn nods at Ereths obeying the laws of the land. He was impressed though at the Lords closeness to the small folk. "
Lord Dulver is a good lord to his people. Although he drives a hard bargain with other lords and merchants he designs to make sure that his people are cared for. At least He ensures they do not starve, as evidenced by my rotundness."
Septon Arlyn pats his belly. "
But I do my best to provide assistance to the small folk, only using the Alms I get for the maintenance of the Sept, the rest I use for the welfare of those under my care. Then they take good care of me for my service."
Septon Arlyn gives a big grin, thinking of all the food he receives from the small folk of his lands.

The sound of a child crying for its mothers milk brings Septon Arlyn back to the present moment. "
Prehaps we should speak with Nathaniel about your lands being a neutral territory for those who wish to leave this fighting and devastation behind. I think he might be willing to help arrange that, based on some of the things he said at the meeting this morning.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:57 pm

"
I will speak with this Nathaniel if you so want me, but if you have to use your own alms to help the people..."
he shruggs his shoulders "
Lord Dulver sounds like any other lord, having his people make a living, but just that. I don't say there is something wrong septon do not get me wrong, but if I were to go to Dulver lands the way his people live would tell me the type of man that rules them"
smiling to the septon and walking through the people exchanging smiles and some words of encouragement "
You could always serve a better man septon Arlyn, I do have my plans to build a small septry and I will have need of a septon"

[ooc]Wish to start an intrigue :;
): [/ooc]
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:42 pm

What an odd man, "
My Lord Dulver is a good man, and Alms should be used for the poor, as that is your duties and holy men to ensure that any wealth we have is invested in the people."
Even if some of my brothers are a little greedy with their own alms."
My Lord, it is an odd request, asking me to leave my post as Septon at Stony's hearth. Although I am Honored by the offer, I am afraid I must decline. Even though with some of my bumbling attempts certainly have made Ser Garred and possibly even Lord Dulver exasperated with my efforts, I have a duty to the small folk under my care. I feel it would be a gross injustice to leave them now. May I perhaps offer up some good men who are begging brothers without Septs who might be more in line with what you are looking for?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:07 pm

"
I will see them work first, before I invite one of them, tell them to come to my lands and tend to the people, but I will have my eyes on them for at least some time before I brave to pick one of them. The won't go hungry and they will have good shelter to stay"
not turning to look at the septon as he continues to walk the entire camp and be sure to see most are well "
I have some silver if some of you wish to bring supplies from another village that is close or food if need be"
finally turning to look at the septon "
I'm no holy man, that is for certain, but I'm yet to remember a septon that does not live better than his entire flock and sometimes even some retainers, you would be a first and that is why I asked you, not to bring offense or anything of that sort septon. My apologies if I did"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:21 pm

Septon Arlyn smiles, "
I would say that I live better then some of the retainers of House Dulver, my Lord, for I get to work side by side with the small folk. This allows me to see the happiness and peace that comes from simple living. They like wise find my help and assistance a glad thing, this feed me as they feel myself deserving of. And who am I to turn away the generosity of the small folk?"
Septon Arlyn gives a hearty laugh, his shoulders rolling with mirth. "
And on the contrary my Lord, I find the fact that you seek the services of myself highly respectful. You bring my
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:21 pm

Septon Arlyn smiles, "
I would say that I live better then some of the retainers of House Dulver, my Lord, for I get to work side by side with the small folk. This allows me to see the happiness and peace that comes from simple living. They like wise find my help and assistance a glad thing, this feed me as they feel myself deserving of. And who am I to turn away the generosity of the small folk?"
Septon Arlyn gives a hearty laugh, his shoulders rolling with mirth. "
And on the contrary my Lord, I find the fact that you seek the services of myself highly respectful. You bring me great honor"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:26 pm

"
I can tell your taking quite a lot"
pointing at his exuberant girth and chuckles "
I start to wonder now if it's lord Dulver or you that starves them and feel bad for it and give them your alms as repayment"
turning back to the people "
Let us see what else they need septon, blankets and tents? clothing?"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down