Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D5, LA] Remembering the Dead - Raventree Hall

+8
Terren Dulver
Marq Mooton
Loreia
Ser Walton Dulver
Luecian LongBow
Septon Arlyn
Ser Jorah Holt
Reader
12 posters

Go down

[D5, LA] Remembering the Dead - Raventree Hall Empty [D5, LA] Remembering the Dead - Raventree Hall

Post by Reader Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:40 pm

Remembering the Dead
Many and more have fallen in Battle Valley over recent months;
it has been a cruel Spring. With yet more to bury after yesterday’s atrocity, House Blackwood and House Bracken both hold ceremonies for the dead.
Tensions run high, and the right word – or the wrong one – can do much to soothe or enflame the mood.
Lord Haig Bracken leads a traditional affair in the Andal style, all chanted prayer, sweet smelling censers and prims of light to lead the dead to safety. That, and to conceal the smells. House Bracken has lost much, and Lord Bracken casts aside his usual boisterous manner to act with great solemnity, taking care to involve his son Ser Wyll, for when the young man must lead. It is only natural to think of the succession at such a time, with man directly confronted with his own mortality.
Ser Myles Blackwood delicately guides Lord Benjicot Blackwood through a yet more ancient ceremony as the Old God worshippers of House Blackwood bid farewell to their dead. The young Lord retains his composure throughout, despite the weeping of the bereaved and the loss of his own family in vile circumstances so recently. A brave child, forced to grow up too fast from the smiling child who rushed around Hartshorn as Lord Benedict Marsten’s squire.

Stage 1
- Knowledge (education) TN 9 – Each DoS = 1B on stage 2 rolls (can be spent after making the stage 2 rolls) – knowledge of appropriate phrases, rites and parallels

Stage 2 – Please note in your roll whether you’re attending the Bracken or Blackwood funeral rites
- Language/Status (breeding/reputation) TN 12 +1 for having at least rank 1 in High Valyrian as the flourish impresses the audience – to deliver the right words correctly from mastery of tongues or the right upbringing and force of rank
- Persuasion/Deception (any) TN 12 – to deliver your message forcefull

Consequences

- Critical failure on any roll = dramatic consequences as insult is given, with a potential challenge issued or influence lost
- Pass all stage 2 rolls = +1 glory
- Highest score across the stage two rolls at each venue: +1 additional glory and may choose to inflame tensions on the Blackwood/Bracken side (influencing the House you attended). Please sum your stage 2 rolls if you wish to be considered.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D5, LA] Remembering the Dead - Raventree Hall Empty Re: [D5, LA] Remembering the Dead - Raventree Hall

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:46 pm

[url=knowledge][/url]: 2d6k2 6 - As he stood up, he realised that he'd never paid much attention at any ceremonies, generally carrying out duties instead and he wasn't sure what he needed to do

[url=reputation][/url]: 4d6k3 11 - As a result, he could not get everybody's attention the way he should
[url=persuasion][/url]: 3d6 14 - Thankfully, a strong speech commerating the dead meant he wasn't a complete waste of space at the ceremony

forgot the description - at least I passed one of them Embarassed

Last edited by 105 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

[D5, LA] Remembering the Dead - Raventree Hall Empty Re: [D5, LA] Remembering the Dead - Raventree Hall

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:49 pm

Can education apply to those knowledge checks?

Last edited by 167 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:54 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:Can education apply to those Knowles checks?

Yes. I'll edit that in to both.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:41 pm

Luecian feels uncomfortable in the current situation and surroundings. Feeling a bit like a fish out of water here, not sure the likes of me belongs here but aiming to pay me respects.

[url=Cunning(Memory) to recall anything of funeral rites or fancy words of language he has heard others use to effect][/url]: 3d6 7 (Not sure what the TN would be assuming I do not remember much of impact...if so I would use it as a bonus die for the Language roll.)

Having never been to a ceremony involving the Old Gods, Luecian seems a bit lost during much of the ceremony.
[url=Knowledge(Education) TN 9][/url]: 2d6 7 Marginal Failure

He tries to follow along with the other attendees, mumbling at various points when he is uncertain what to say.
[url=Language TN 12][/url]: 2d6 6 Critical Failure I believe...

Eventually, Luecian seems to pick up the rhythm of the ceremony and does his best to give appearance that he is saying exactly what he should in the situation.
[url=Deception(Bluff)- TN 12][/url]: 4d6k3 14

(ooc-Caution said it was bad idea for me to be here but story said it would be fun to see what happens...probably should have listened to the caution side.)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:39 pm

"
The gods weep, weather they be old or new, the gods weep for those lost in the violence of yesterday."
Septon Arlyn frowns, a grimace of pain interfering with his speech. "
We all gather here today to pay our respects to those whom have moved on from this life. It is with great sorrow that I am giving yet another requiem this week, as the violence in battle valley seems to be never ending. My only hope is that someday the violence will end. That we can all beat our swords into plowshares and harvest the land in peace. That brother will no longer fight against brother, that cousins will no longer kill each other over perceived slights. Let us take to heart the loss of life yesterday, the violence we witnessed, and turn from the dark path of revenge and into the bright light of forgiveness and mercy. Let the Wierwoods weep the tears of blood for us, so that we no longer have to. Let us find the solace and comfort in our gods, and remember those who have passed.

Forgiveness does not mean that we should forget our injuries, nor forget those who we lost. Nay, I say we must be even more vigilant in remembrance of the past, and realize that our actions effect all of those around us. The small and the great stand equal in sorrow this day, and let us begin the healing needed from these lands. Let our hands turn from fists to open palms of friendship between the great and the small. Let us give our thanks to the gods, and lift any of our downtrodden brothers up!"
Septon Arlyn tries to give the this eulogy with as much conviction as he can muster. But the wounds he suffered and the pain from recent injuries were distracting him, causing him to not have the strength behind his words he would have otherwise wished he would have had.

[url=knowlege education remembering the dead][/url]: 6d6k4 19 2 DOS, barely - 1 from injury

[url=status reputation (yay for the song :;
): ) blackwood remembering the dead][/url]: 4d6k3 15 wow that is awesome - 1 from injury

[url=persuasion convince remembering the dead][/url]: 6d6k4+2 16 wow that is not so much - 1 from injury

Blow all 3 bonus die on persuasion

[url=Bonus die from knowledge edu remembering the dead blackwood][/url]: 3#1d6 3 1 2 wow that is a really poor showing

Only a 16 after the bonus die

total is : 30

(Oh my gods, I forgot my injury. Updated)
(PS. reader, can I reroll my 3B bonus die to 2B? I probably could do better with the new roll Twisted Evil )

Last edited by 167 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:44 pm

[OOC: Crazy rolling by Ser Walton earns him... +1 Glory! Surprised ]

[url=Knowledge][/url]: 2d6 10
[url=Status][/url]: 3d6 16 [url=1B 1st][/url]: 1d6 2 so no change
[url=Persuasion][/url]: 4d6k3 14 [url=1B 2nd][/url]: 1d6 3 so no change

As ceremony were driven, Ser Walton accompanied by Ser Garred Mountfort, was standing on the side, with his hands folded. When right moment came, he handed gift to young lord- decorated necklace in shape of Seven's star, with different minerals and stones put into every corner of it. -Dulvers share Your grief, Lord. Be strong as Your House counts on You.- pat to the shoulder followed his words. Ser Garred only lowered his head in humility, and gave with his head a nod, which was more than any words which he could say in this moment.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:20 pm

Luecian LongBow wrote:(ooc-Caution said it was bad idea for me to be here but story said it would be fun to see what happens...probably should have listened to the caution side.)
OOC: Oh, you can totally be present, you don't have to open your mouth if you don't want to! Laughing It's only mandatory if Reader says it is. I'm definitely in attendance. I wouldn't dare speak to the crowd or to the high status characters, but I'm present.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Marq Mooton Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:56 am

Maester Norren had oft complained that Marq was his laziest and most disappointing student, a talented and quick study, but prone to want to do something entirely else than to recite heraldry, or bother reading books when the maester was not looking. Funeral rites beneath the heart tree, though, those lessons somehow stuck.

And a certain "
gift for gab"
..well, that he was born with. He even could put on a somber mood for the occasion, that was the actual challenge, not to smile, but he could wear the smile on the inside and speak of the good things, rejoicing in the memory of the fallen, and that they would not wish for those of us left behind to not continue on with our lives and be happy.

A good speech, Marq thinks, strong delivery, clear message, nice and short. Now he had to stand with the Tullisons and do his best not to look bored by one grey-haired man after the other saying the same worn-out words as everyone else.

[url=remember knowledge][/url]: 3d6 12 -1b to be applied.

[url=remember language][/url]: 3d6 16

[url=remember charm][/url]: 7d6k5+2 [url=attractive][/url]: 2d6 [url=+1b][/url]: 1d6 [url=luck reroll][/url]: 7d6k5+2 [url=attractive][/url]: 1d6 [url=+1b][/url]: 1d6 25

Total of 41

Marq Mooton

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:56 pm

Terren knew that he should speak up as well at such an occasion, he slowly rises, coughs to draw attention and after a moment of silence he commences:
“It is in such dark times that family and friends unite to look back on what was taken away from them in such a cruel manner. It is a moment when people look back on the good things in the past, on the opportunities missed and the opportunities taken. It is a moment where those that remain come to together to honour the memories of those who passed away and to unite those that remain. But most importantly, this is a moment to realise that the feud between house Bracken and house Blackwood has cost so many innocent lives and only contributes to both house’s mutual destruction. It is time for house Blackwoods leadership to show true bravery and end this vindictive circle of suffering. Death only begets death. I implore to all in attendance, help end this conflict, so that good people like Lord Bryan Blackwood never have to suffer such a fate again. "

[url=ceremonial knowledge][/url]: 3d6 11 (1 bonus die)
[url=Status][/url]: 4d6k3 14 ( used bonus die)
[url=Persuasion(convince)][/url]: 7d6k5+2 28 [url=Attractive reroll][/url]: 1d6 1
+1 glory
total of 42

Last edited by 199 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:37 pm

[url=Remembered Dead (Blackwood) - Know (Edu) TN9][/url]: 5d6k4 17 2 DoS
[url=Remembering Dead (Blackwood) Language TN12][/url]: 4d6 18
[url=Remembering Dead (Blackwood) Convince TN12][/url]: 4d6+2 19
[url=Remembering Dead - Bonus dice (1 on each roll)][/url]: 2#1d6 2 5 Gives me a +2 to the convince roll

Stage 2 total: 39. Not enough.
+1 Glory

Probably fortunately, speeches were one area where Daveth avoided his typically loquacious manner, preferring to keep matters short and simple. He emphasised that death marked the passing of duty from one person to another. The departed can finally lay their burdens down, and those who remain are behoved to carry them in their stead. It is this chain of assumed duty that ties each person to every one of their ancestors, and ensures their good works never fully pass from this world.

Last edited by 133 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:30 am

[url=Knowledge (Education)][/url]: 4d6k3 14
[url=Status (Breeding)][/url]: 6d6k5 17
[url=Persuasion (Convince)][/url]: 6d6k5 24

In support of Benjicot, Corrine went to Raventree Hall for the ceremony. It was a reversal of how she and Ben had divided themselves when they first arrived, which she felt would be sufficient for balance.

She kept quiet and reflective throughout the other speeches, but did offer some small but heartfelt words of her own;

"
I do not think there is anyone present here who has not known death and loss. Many of us have known too much of both. But, as we remember those who are absent from this world, we should also reflect on the meaning that their lives had, and what ours mught have, in turn. Much violence has been done, many losses on each side of the divide. I ask all present to reflect upon how many lives have been lost to division, the original source of which is all but lost to the ages. How many children must lose their fathers, and good people, high and low, lose their lives before we agree to be better people, and begin to look not in anger towards eachother, but in the same direction, towards a brighter future."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:15 am

[Terron Dulver earns the extra +1 glory.

Due to Leucian's insult, Ser Colyn Manderly challenges house Dulver to defend its honour at a tilt followed by swords if necessary, to first blood. Minor influence hit, mitigated by any glory earned answering the challenge and from speeches (as with the similar Bartheld incident answered by Ser Kevan. Dulver has first chance to answer challenge, others can volunteer too. Will select character to answer challenge by 27th. Non Dulvers, please post simple intrigue and status (reputation) to resolve potential challengers, highest score is selected]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:17 am

Terren Dulver's silver tongue spoke with a depth of feeling that moved the audience, despite the callow young man's lack of practical experience.

Septon Arlyn fought through pain to speak well, a Septo in Raventree Hall was a curiosity and a political risk, but he spoke eloquently and avoided the potential pitfalls of his situation.

Ser Walton spoke plainly but well, his simple gift a strange choice for House Blackwood but politely received by his gracious hosts all the same. Still, set alongside Luecian's well meant but bungled words, it may have played its part in prompting Ser Colyn Manderly's futile challenge. Still, even if events would prove the challenge doomed, Westeros esteemed a man who would brave defend his lords honour, particularly if he acquitted himself well and was only beaten by an even finer opponent.

Marq Mooton was a pleasant surprise to his hosts: Lord Dunstan Tullison either had an eye for talent in unusual places or was simply lucky. Both fine qualities in a lord.

Daveth spoke as well as ever, the young heir to Houe Coldbrook growing in to his responsibilities. An educated man, his words were well chosen without being flowery.

House Marsten's new leadership was young but wise, wisely splitting itself once more between their hosts to show neither House favour. Corrine spoke well, almost equalling Terren's moving speech, her reflective words cropping up again and again in conversations that day and the next.

[OOC:

As noted previously, Terren Dulver +2 glory (in total).

Septon Arlyn +1 glory.
Walton Dulver +1 glory
Marq Mooton +1 glory (goes to House Tullison)
Corrine Marsten +1 glory
Daveth Coldbrook +1 glory
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristayne Tullison Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:33 pm

Tristayne was much an emotional man in this time, and surrounded by so much death as he had been of late left him more than ready to out-pour it all through a speech. The heights of emotion in the last few days, the pain experienced in the green flames at the inn, the sight of great Dragons and and constant dourness of a embattled land. First though, was protocol, and the young spymaster, all awash in his mourning clothes, the same clothes, though more adorned, that he had worn almost constantly since the death of his father and the loss of his leg, knew well how best to handle the ceremony. His bearing was slow and gentle, by his own volition and by a distaste for the clicking of his metal leg joints as he moved in darkened robes, and his eyes remained fixed forward to observe, with a tender passion about them.

[url=Knowledge of Rituals][/url]: 5d6 18 (3 DOS)
[url=Language Test for a Speech][/url]: 4d6 15
[url=Deception (Bluff) to over-exaggerate Emotion][/url]: 7d6k4 17

The words of his speech were eloquent and well delivered, though not excessively so, but what really made it was the emotion of it. The experience of pain in the last days and the depths of emotion lent a measure of legitimate sorrow to his words. Perhaps at first his words were genuine in this, but as his speech continued, he grew colder, more rational, his emotions calming as they are outpoured. Knowing the neccesity of keeping up the emotion of the speech, Tristayne forced himself to keep it up, exaggerated his words of commiseration.

Tristayne Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Galladon of Claw Isle Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:29 pm

Galladon would make no speech. He knew it when he had arrived. It was not his to speak of death, he had lost no-one. All there was for him to do was commiserate, to pay his respects for good men and women lost to the treachery of fate. The knight stands like a statue, solemn and full of remorse, his only action the occasional empathetic glance to the young lord Benjicot Blackwood, to whom he had taken a liking.
Galladon of Claw Isle
Galladon of Claw Isle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down