Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D5, all day] Rain at last, and a sign from the Gods?

+2
Benedict Marsten
Reader
6 posters

Go down

[D5, all day] Rain at last, and a sign from the Gods? Empty [D5, all day] Rain at last, and a sign from the Gods?

Post by Reader Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:52 pm

After days of unseasonably dry weather Battle Valley is finally blessed with scattered showers. Too late to aid in yesterday's fire-fighting efforts, but welcome nonetheless.

Sacred to worshippers of the Seven, the beautiful rainbow is greeted by many worshippers of both the Old Gods and the New as a sign of hope after Battle Valley's recent trials. Cynics scoff at such foolishness, but even some of the hardest hearted are warmed by the sight of the rainbow.

[OOC: a reminder that everyone has 1 destiny point refreshed today and can post their reaction to the rainbow here/in their regular threads. Posting here doesn't use up a timeslot.

viewtopic.php?f=165&
t=1643
- Almanac with weather and DP refresh schedule]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D5, all day] Rain at last, and a sign from the Gods? Empty Re: [D5, all day] Rain at last, and a sign from the Gods?

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Ben stands looking quite the contrast to his Lordly title, his worn and tattered cloak hanging wet from his unornamented armor. Beside him Ellie looks like a street urchin, her damp hair plastered to her face and old traveling cloak pulled up around her. The two pass a hunk of bread between them as they watch the shower leave that just soaked them. Despite the wetness they both smile as a very clear rainbow arcs over Battle Valley.

"
Well, people will be in a tizzy about this I guess."
Ellie says as she rolls her eyes. "
It is beautiful though. If you forget about all the Seven as one gobbledygook related to it."

Ben smiles at her. "
That gobbledygook helped keep me safe last night."

Ellie looks up Ben her eyes cutting and lips pursed. "
Your sword arm and wits kept you safe, you big Lunk."

"
Every man that entered that cave with me believes. And if they did not they may never have entered there. Without just one of them ..."
He pulls her into his side tightly. "
... I may never have been able to squeeze you again, or ... kiss Bethany goodnight or-"

She quickly interupts but does not pull away from his embrace but rather pushes in closer. "
Alright. Alright. I do not need to hear what you wouldn't be able to do with Corrine. I get it."

The two laugh and continue their embrace, watching the morning sun dance through the far off rain.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D5, all day] Rain at last, and a sign from the Gods? Empty Re: [D5, all day] Rain at last, and a sign from the Gods?

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:19 pm

Septon Arlyn looks out from under the pavilion and sees the rain begin to pour. Jovial grin speading across his full lips, he moves out from under the shelter of the pavilion and raises his hands into the sky, unaware or not caring about the soldiers who are scurrying around him seeking shelter.

Praise be the Gods, and thank the Mothers Mercy. He thinks as the cool droplets splash against his warm skin. Hopefully this rain will be as a cleansing shower to wash away some of the filth and ravages from this conflict. Closing his eyes he lets the sounds of the pattering raindrops drown out the sounds of the bustling camp around him. Hopefully this will go some ways into cooling some of the tempers beginning to flare around this camp as well.

Septon Arlyn is able to stand their, undisturbed, until his thick burgundy robe is waterlogged, and a messenger arrives. "
Septon Arlyn?"
Asks the Messenger questioningly. Gods, not yet, let them not be in need of my... "
Septon Arlyn?!"
Asks the messenger with slightly more force. "
If you do not mind it appears to be raining, and I can not get out of the rain until you have received my message. As much as you prefer standing out here getting soaked, I would like to stay dry so I don't catch a cold!"
Septon Arlyn chuckles inside to himself Foolish boy, it is not the cold that gets people sick, rather the retreating indoors and being in close proximity to other people that does. Instead he merely nods and adjusts his robes so that the wet weight is more evenly distributed.

"
Lead the way, man."
Replies Septon Arlyn to the messenger.

Looking out over the distance, he sees the symbol of the seven stretched over the horizon. It is good to see you too my friend. Hopefully you can help us come to a peaceful resolution here.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:45 pm

Jory blew through his lips grumpily as he trudged through the countryside, near the border of the Darry lands. The rain had made his mane dripping wet, and his legs grew muddy from the sodden warth of the road.

"
I know, boy. It's miserable,"
Corrine sympathised, patting his damp neck with her gloved hand. "
But we're almost there. We'll both get out of the rain soon."

As the clouds rolled aside, and the rain subsided, Corrine noticed the change of the light, and lifted her head to look at the sky. There, she beheld the rainbow, in it's bright, resplendent hues. Corrine lowered the hood of her cloak to see better, and quietly said a little prayer to the Seven.

Let this symbol be one of hope. Please.

"
See, boy?"
she said to Jory, cheerily. "
It gets better."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:36 am

Overcast, the day's first light brings with it the shadows of rain clouds overhead.

Farmers' work in the fields are rewarded by the Smith.

The Mother's grace balms the dryness of days past with Spring's clemency, embracing the realm's defenders with the coolness of the air in thanks for doing all they could to save Her children.

In reflection over the night's trials against good sers defending the realm, the Warrior's thunder is silent, his victory against oathbreakers and blackguards assured by those who'd sworn to be His sword.

The upset balance has been restored and tempers - most of them - have lost their errant fire, much to the Crone's satisfaction.

The skies darken from time to time, raining light and heavy;
the Father's justice done in part, but not complete until the guilty have stood before the rest of the people to be judged in His sight.

A rainbow in the sky signifies the Maiden's delight and Her relief that the darkness has passed, but She saves Her song in advance, looking ahead towards the troubles that have yet to pass. The work of the realm's defenders remains in labor.

All the while, the Old Gods chant to the sound of the falling droplets - each one representing the hearts of the people They know, have known, and will know.

Stepping into the courtyard to her first task for the day, Loreia leans back and lifts her face to the heavens, eyes closed, while Badger stands just inside the door. "
The wildfire, the ashes, the blood. Wash it all away,"
she prays absently. "
Come on boy, it's only water."

The air already smells of worms.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:24 am

Damp, wet, and miserable... memories of all the rains that Sam knew.
Cold nights remembering thunder and lightning and rain... rain and rain and rain...
Crashing against the walls of his family's s Hall, like a hundred drums being beaten by a hundred hammers made of brass
Restless nights followed by restless mornings
The memories of rain
The memories of the north that Samurel knew.

These rains were not like those;
light, more like a clear fog rather then the screeching of hail and freezing rain.
For every bit that the rain before Sam that was unlike the rain he remembered
for every sound
and every trickle
and every droplet
Sam felt an uneasiness welling up inside of him

He didn't know why
For every drop that fell,
the people around him felt happy or content
for every rainbow and every glimmer in the sky,
the people looked and rejoiced

Why

Rain was a bitter reminder of false deeds and hidden danger
The water soaking into clothes
The coolness sticking to your body
The heat drained out of you
All in the guise of clouds and rainbows

He much rather it had been a storm
Then people would be as uncomfortable as he was
Seeing what rain was really like

Cold, Miserable, Uncaring, and Ruthless

How Sam loathed rain...
The smell
The sound
The sight
The feeling on his skin
And the the taste it left in his mouth

Fuck the rain

To Sam,
Rain only meant one thing
Pain

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down