Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D5, EN, Part 2] The Eyes of the Gods (Closed)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D5, EN, Part 2] The Eyes of the Gods (Closed) Empty [D5, EN, Part 2] The Eyes of the Gods (Closed)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri May 22, 2015 8:24 pm

[ooc: This interaction began in the Sept, then moves on the the Godswood within one slot]

After leaving the Sept, and bidding their merry band of witnesses goodnight, Corrine led Ben by the hand to the Godswood.

"
Have you visited this Godswood before now?"
she asked.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D5, EN, Part 2] The Eyes of the Gods (Closed) Empty Re: [D5, EN, Part 2] The Eyes of the Gods (Closed)

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri May 22, 2015 9:37 pm

Ben looks at her with playful suspicion. "
No I have not my lady wife. But by the ease of our travels I will take you have."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D5, EN, Part 2] The Eyes of the Gods (Closed) Empty Re: [D5, EN, Part 2] The Eyes of the Gods (Closed)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri May 22, 2015 9:47 pm

Being called his lady wife makes her giggle happily.

"
Yes, I have been a couple of times. I love Godswoods. They're so peaceful."

She stopped at the foot of the weirwood, with its carved, sorrowful face. She briefly feels a shiver as she remembers the gruesome thing she buried round the back of that tree, but shakes it off.

Don't think about it.

She holds both Ben's hands, gazing adoringly at him, eyes soft as the moonlight;

"
Will you guide me in honouring the Old Gods?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat May 23, 2015 3:59 am

"
Ahh."
He has a moment of realization. "
Yes. You are the most thoughtful woman."
He smiles warmly at her. His eyes never wavering from hers.

"
Well then, there are no rituals set in stone by the old gods. For the most part we would exchange oaths or vows here before the heart tree. Then there is the giving and the taking. Followed by our silent prayer at the foot of the heart tree."
He nods. "
I will go first. Please forgive me if they not eloquent or poetic."

Ben straightens his back and clears his throat. Then again locks his eyes with Corrine's. "
I Ser Benedict Blackthorne son of Bernard do swear before my ancestors gods that I will take you Lady Corrine Marsten as my wife. In doing so I promise to always: keep you safe, to lay my life down for yours. To share in your happiness and your sorrows. To bring light to you in darkness. To provide what wisdom the Gods have granted me"
at this he chuckles a little. "
To remain forever faithful to you and you alone."
With this his eyes light up. "
To respect you as an individual, a partner, and an equal."
For a few seconds he just stands breathing, admiring the features of her face, her lips, her jawline, cheekbones. "
I swear it."

He smiles sheepishly. "
I believe its your turn."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 23, 2015 4:14 am

Each time I think my heart cannot feel any more full of joy, he proves me wrong.

She strokes his face tenderly, her voice a little crackly with emotion;

"
That was beautiful."

She returns her hands to his and takes a deep breath, collecting the words she wishes to say. In the end, she chooses to borrow some of Ben's.

"
I, Corrine Marsten, daughter of Corben, do swear before the Old Gods that I will take you, Ser Benedict Blackthorne, as my husband. I promise to always protect you, and be by your side in all things. I will share in your joys and your sorrows. I will give you children, and be your partner and companion until the end of my days. I will bring light to you in darkness, hope whenever there is despair. I will guide you when you are lost. I will remain forever faithful to you, and you alone, and I will honour your heart with my own."

She too fell silent, her breathing tense with emotion, studying his face as he did hers, admiring his rugged handsomeness.

"
What do we do now?"
she asked, a little timidly.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat May 23, 2015 4:27 am

Her touch to his face makes him shiver a bit.

Ben squeezes her hands. His thumbs moving rapidly over hers with each thoughtful promise. You are my light.

"
Just one simple question. Will you take this man?"
He awaits the answer as if they had not been just married prior to arriving here, with jitters.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 23, 2015 4:29 am

She nods, her smile radiant even in the darkness, her pale skin almost luminescent in the moonlight.

"
I do take this man,"
she replies with solemnity.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat May 23, 2015 4:53 am

He pauses admiring her light. Ben then takes her small hand into his and leads Corrine to the base of the heart tree. "
Now we kneel in silent prayer."

He helps her to her knees allowing her to adjust her clothing, before taking his spot next to her. He lowers his head. It has been some time since I have spoken to you. First I would thank you for the all the days of my life the light and dark. For without them I would not be here. Thank you for guiding my rudder to find the treasure beside me. A treasure of true beauty and worth. Secondly I ask that you bless us with happiness till the end of our days. A tall order I know. Perhaps just her happiness and our childrens. I will make due. A smirk is easily visible on his bowed head.

After an appropriate time he lifts his head and looks to Corrine still smiling. "
That's it. Married twice in 1 day. And thank you again for your thoughtfulness. It means a great deal to me."
He stands extending his hands to help her up.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 23, 2015 5:03 am

When they kneel to pray, she bows her head, contemplating for a few moments, and offers up a silent prayer.

Gods of Old, hear my prayer. I have never spoken to you before, but I wish to accord you the honour I give the Gods of my family, in respect for my husband. Please bless our union, and keep us safe from harm.

She gladly takes Ben's hands and lets him help her up.

"
It is easy to be thoughtful for you, Ben,"
she replies, kindly.

Once stood again, she embraces him, holding him close, giving him a long and lingering kiss, feeling in that moment that they were a world unto themselves.

When the kiss finally ended, she looked at him with shy eyes, and a slight flush to her cheeks.

"
Erm... perhaps we should find a secluded spot...to be... well, more alone... in private. Well, it's already quite private here at this hour, but, well, erm... you know what I mean, don't you?"

She realised she was babbling awkwardly and blushed even redder.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat May 23, 2015 5:22 am

Ben envelopes her back, leaning into the kiss for its entirety. He himself quite flushed.

When Corrine's erratic speech ended he looked shyly at their tightly pressed together chests. "
Yes ... the private part."
He smiles at his own accidental innuendo. Then takes her by the hand, his palm sweaty. "
Shall ... we?"
He indicates a path leading deeper into the woods.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 23, 2015 5:31 am

She nods silently, her expression nervous, and holds his hand tightly as he leads her deeper into the woods.

When they eventually stop, a long way from where they came, in a secluded spot that was prettily lit by the moon through the high tree branches, the ground even and dry, Corrine releases his hand, taking both their cloaks and spreading them on the grass. She pulls him once more into a long kiss, this time with more passion to it, and gently pulls him downwards, sinking onto the cloaks with her.

She clasps his face in her hands, stroking his cheeks, his jaw, his neck, then pulls back a little, looking up into his eyes.

"
Ben, I'm afraid,"
she confessed, in a tiny voice.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat May 23, 2015 5:50 am

As the passionate kisses begins his own hands take similar actions. Caressing her cheek, tracing his finger over her ear, and running through her hair. When she pulls back he gives no resistance.

"
I know. I do not want you to be so. One word yes or no. I respect any answer you choose. But remember with out fear there can be "
he leans in to her ear his words tickling that sensitive spot. "
no courage, Huntress."
His left hand finds the small of her back pulling her abdomen against his. His right brushes back hair over her ear. His eyes full of both compassion and passion.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 23, 2015 5:58 am

The combination of his whispered words and his lips brushing lightly against her ear makes her skin tingle, and she holds him tightly, pressing herself against him. Despite her anxiety, he made her feel safe.

It'll be alright, Corrine. People do this all the time, and it's generally considered a good thing. Ignore the fear. Leave only the desire.

"
This is what I want, Ben. We're not properly married without doing this. Just... it's my first time, so please, be gentle."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat May 23, 2015 6:11 am

He smiles lightly at her. "
My lady there is no other way to hold something of such beauty, but gently and securely."

He then kisses the ear he was whispering into. Following her neckline to her jaw planting soft kisses along the way, making his way to her chin. Then pausing, hanging his lips an eyelash width away from hers.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 23, 2015 6:23 am

Her heart was racing, her flesh bristling with longing, and she abandoned her fear in that moment.

"
Then take me. I'm yours,"
she whispered.

[ooc: We now draw a discreet veil over the proceedings]

Afterwards, they lay still together for a long time, catching their breath. Corrine clung to Ben, and when she looked up at him, her eyes were wide and wild, her cheeks flushed.

Last edited by 151 on Mon May 25, 2015 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon May 25, 2015 4:23 am

He looks into the wildness in her eyes, his own surely similar, and gives her his crooked grin. He eases himself down onto her his hips still slightly moving as if by memory. His lips draw close to her ear. "
Corrine, my sweet... my wife...you were amazing."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon May 25, 2015 4:25 am

When he lowers himself down onto his elbows, she kisses his neck several times, and nuzzles his face with her nose, her breathing gradually calming. His warm compliment fills her heart with joy and gratitude.

"
Thank you. I am glad I pleased you. I was afraid that, with it being my first time, I wouldn't know what to do and that I was going to disappoint you."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon May 25, 2015 4:33 am

He smiles pleasantly as he slides onto the ground at her side and helps to fix her gown. "
You had nothing to fear for I would have nothing to judge you by."
He hoped she would get his meaning with out him having to say it out loud. He reached for the cloak under them and brought it around her as he pulled her in close to his chest. His still pounding.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon May 25, 2015 4:45 am

So, Ellie spoke the truth...

Once her dress was readjusted so she was decent, she turned onto her side, facing him, snuggling into his chest and curling her feet around his as he swathed her in her voluminous cloak.

"
I... oh,"
she replied, feigning surprise. She had been sworn to secrecy by his sister about his inexperience, after all. "
That's... rather sweet, actually. I'm honoured that I could be that person for you. I hope this memory will remain very special to us both then."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon May 25, 2015 4:53 am

He placed his arm over her drawing her close. "
I... yes..."
He lets out a sigh hoping the night covers his embarrassment. "
The memory will remain special from now unto my last breath. And the Godswood will forever hold a greater place in my heart."
His hand slowly strokes her back under the cloak. So this is it. Will I awake tomorrow and this all have been a dream.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon May 25, 2015 5:01 am

"
The Godswood will be dearer to me too,"
she replies. She notices his sigh and his hesitance, and gives him a tender kiss.

"
Don't feel shy about it. I don't mind at all. I like it, actually. It puts us on an equal footing, in a way. Neither of us has to feel like we are being compared. I wouldn't have wanted to be with someone who had... well, you know, someone like Theo,"
she explained, expecting he would know what she meant.

I wouldn't want a man who lies with anything in a skirt.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon May 25, 2015 5:08 am

He laughs at her mention of Theo. "
Aye. I for one feel we must have done something right and we can only get better."
He gives her a mischievous grin before kissing her gently. "
If only we could slow time to enjoy this for longer."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon May 25, 2015 5:12 am

She draped her arm over him, stroking the small of his back gently.

"
That would be nice, though there will be other times,"
she reassured him. "
Many other times,"
she added, her voice almost a purr. "
Practice makes perfect, after all. And I believe I did swear before the Gods that I'd give you children, so, by my reckoning, we're going to do a lot more of this together."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon May 25, 2015 5:26 am

I have gone the last few years seldom cracking a smile and now I can not stop.

He slowly shook his head. With a you-are-so-bad expression on his face. "
Well, it is an oath, so... but seriously you have given me much to look forward to. More of this and ... children."
His happiness is evident.

His hand slides up her back and his finger flow through her brown hair.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon May 25, 2015 5:37 am

She sighed happily, her scalp and neck tingling pleasantly at the feel of his fingers in her hair.

"
I am glad I have brought you some happiness. I hope to give you much more."

She snuggled her head under his chin, held him tight, and closed her eyes, a gentle smile on her lips.

"
And I think our children will be beautiful."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next