Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D5 LM] Eye for an Eye leaves the whole world blind

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[D5 LM] Eye for an Eye leaves the whole world blind - Page 2 Empty Re: [D5 LM] Eye for an Eye leaves the whole world blind

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:14 pm

[url=Will courage test eye for an eye day 5][/url]: 4d6 12

accept this as the fathers justice? Septon Arlyn is sickened by the proceedings. But does not turn away. mother be merciful, let the sharp point find a way to the trunk of life soon, let it pierce and end his suffering. Let him move on from this life and let the father find a punishment to fit the crime Septon Arlyn prays, and continues to pray until the final moaning stops and they find unconsciousness from the pain.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D5 LM] Eye for an Eye leaves the whole world blind - Page 2 Empty Re: [D5 LM] Eye for an Eye leaves the whole world blind

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:29 pm

[/scene for my part. Enjoyable spikey justice Twisted Evil ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:49 pm

Nathan remained until the final man, chosen by lot, was raised.

"
Do not look such, Septon. You saved twenty-six men today. Men who would have shared the same fate as these. Now, they will go to the Wall. Perhaps they will reclaim their honour. Perhaps they will make up for what they have done. Even if they don't it is still a great victory for you and the mercy of the church."

"
Do not look on these four men as torture. Look on it as sacrifice. They give their lives in this way to save future victims and to help heal the wound that was done here. If their pain prevents even a handful of victims, their suffering was not in vain. Their suffering is also the price for their fellow prisoners. They bear the burden of the mercy the others have been given. That, on it's own, gives them more honour than they ever had in life."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:18 pm

Septon Arlyn does not turn away from the gruesome sight. Merely stares into the eyes of the final victim. "
Your words might be true Nathan. But that does not make the bitter taste any less acidic to my tongue."

Continuing on be says, "
each one of these men have a story."
Septon Arlyn words have a harsh edge. "
the child molester that I chose, did you know that has the name? It is Keegan. He ran away from home because his brothers molested him. He joined this company as a way to survive, doing odd jobs until a man gave him a cast off weapon. During his time he aquired a taste for his brother's own debauchery, and continued the cycle. "
Septon Arlyn's eyes were red, and he was barely maintaining his composure. "
His elder brothers name was Thomas."
Septon Arlyn's voice cracks slightly and he falls uncharacteristically silent, as if at a loss for words.

foamy red wine, spilled Cup, glazed brown eyes.

I have failed again. thinks Septon Arlyn. "
Every man has a story, we are not mere knights or villains from the great stories. But as a great Septon once said, 'only the dead have truly seen the end of war', I'm doubly afraid that is true for those poor souls left here in Battle Valley."
Septon Arlyn gruff haws, "
Even the name bends thoughts towards war. It cant be named something more peaceful? like Serenity Valley?"
Septon Arlyn shakes his head once again, then composes himself, "
I chose for these men to Die, Nathaniel Manson, I am not going to turn away now because of my discomfort in their manner of death."

Septon Arlyn stares resolutely at the pain and suffering of the men he had helped condemn. "
My discomfort is nothing compared to the agony they have yet to endure."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:39 pm

"
Well deserved agony, in my opinion."
replied Nathan. "
Does that sound cold Septon?"

"
We are all the architects of our own fate. The Seven have given the gift of choice. Everyone of us have tragedy in our lives. We can choose to wallow in tragedy, or rise above it. We can choose to inflict the pain we feel on others, or we can try and bear the pain and bring something good from it."

"
I was introduced to my profession at the age of six. I am willing to bet I had more men in my bed by the age of ten than many women will have in their lifetime. I could have chosen to lash out at the world because of it, and label myself a victim to justify it. Instead I chose to embrace my life and make it my own. I blame no-one for my choices. They are mine, the good and the bad. Neither do I accept that I am a victim for those choices. I have brought comfort to many and look forward to bringing comfort to many more."

"
If Keegan was too weak to move beyond what was done to him, if he was so callous that he inflicted his pain on innocent people, then that is his choice to bear. Thomas was responsible for his actions, and Keegan is responsible his. I have no sympathy for anyone that cries about the misfortunes in their life but does nothing about them, of inflicts misfortunes on innocent people to soothe their own pain. I might have respect for him if he had gone back to kill his brother instead of killing innocent monks that did nothing to him. I'd have even greater respect for him if he'd gone back and forgiven his brother or devoted his life to making the lives of others better... better than the life he had had."

"
Good and evil is a choice, Septon."
says Nathan as he mounts. "
I have had much tragedy in my life, and probably much more to come, but when the day the Stranger comes for me and the Father judges my life, I will not be blaming anyone for the choices I have made, good or bad."

He motions for the guards to round up the remaining men to take them back to their cells. "
and if the Father judges me in this. So be it. I shall bear his judgment without reservation and stack my actions against the evil they have done, the evil they would have done, and the evil others would have done were it not for this rather pointed warning."

"
Remember this Septon. Compassion and justice must be finely balanced, and compassion has won this day. If you think that you can save every soul, then I think you are extremely idealistic and naive."

With a final polite nod of his head to the Septon, Nathan canters off.

[/scene for me as well]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:46 pm

Septon Arlyn continues to watch the suffering of the men, letting it burn away the memory. if only you knew

/scene
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum