Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D1, Mid Night] A Sore Hand (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D1, Mid Night] A Sore Hand (Closed) Empty [D1, Mid Night] A Sore Hand (Closed)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:48 pm

Nathan had to admit he was grateful when Ser Jon Roxton finally retired for the night.* He was still in command of his faculties, but keeping up with a man twice his size and weight had been a chore.

His friend across the table had drank with silent glares all evening, nursing his injured hand. After wishing goodnight to Ser Jon, Nathan sat down beside him.

"
Let me see your hand."
said Nathan.

"
Shyte off."
replied the man, taking another swig of his drink.

Nathan gave a slight sigh. "
You don't always need to be a fool. You can choose otherwise. Your hand may need tending. Now, let.. me...see... your... hand."

[url=Persuasion (Convince)][/url]: 5d6k4 [url=Attractive][/url] 18

Reluctantly the man offered his hand. Nathan examined it, prodding softly and carefully. "
It's not broken, but it's starting to swell. Come with me."

Stopping for a moment to speak with a serving girl, he gave her a few coins in exchange for a piece of clean cloth. Then led the slightly weaving man to his room and pushed him down on the pallet. Taking out a knife, he began to shred the cloth into strips.

"
Are you a healer?"
asked the man.

"
No, but I've made an extensive study of the human body, and you're not my first bar brawl casualty."

"
Ah. So you're a whore."
sneered the man.

"
Yes, but titles are so ostentatious, don't you think? Most people just call me Nathan. And you are?"

The man brooded for a moment, but finally said "
Trevyn"
, grudgingly. "
I don't lay with boys."
he continued, a little bit too emphatically to be completely true.

"
Then that is your loss."
replied Nathan smoothly. "
Luckily the only part of your body that interests me tonight is your hand, and it is not up to anything strenuous for at least a day."
He began to carefully massage the back of the hand and fingers, loosening the tightened injured muscles.

[url=Healing Check (taking time)][/url]: 4d6 16

"
Why are you helping me then? I thought I'm just a fool."

"
Everyone is a fool on occasion, even me. But most people try not to make a habit of it. You're not a complete fool-"

"
Well thanks for that."
spat Trevyn.

"
-because you accept help when offered... and I am helping you because you need help. Most warriors think they must endure pain which is reasonable in combat but not usually productive any other time. I don't like seeing people in pain."

"
If I was a few seconds faster, you'd be the one in pain."

Nathan smiled broadly. "
Given the large dent you put in that timber, I don't doubt it."

Trevyn slowly began to smile too. "
The pain is starting to go away."

"
I am surprised you can feel any pain at all, given the amount you drank tonight."

"
I could drink you under the table."

"
I don't doubt that either."
laughed Nathan.

Intrigue

Disposition: Indifferent, DR 4
Objective: Friendship
Intrigue Defense 9
Composure 9

Initiative: Eloquent

*Note: Reader informed me Ser Jon Roxton retires for the evening after 'A Bold Arrival!' concludes.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

[D1, Mid Night] A Sore Hand (Closed) Empty Re: [D1, Mid Night] A Sore Hand (Closed)

Post by Reader Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:28 pm

Nathan smiled ruefully at the day's misadventures, picking up a discarded, half-drunk tankard and regarding the strange young man curiously.

"
Well, the hand's good enough to hold a tankard,"
said Nathan, guffawing at his own joke.

[Simple intriuge, TN 7, degrees of determine what infomation you're able to get out of him. Please post your questions in character]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D1, Mid Night] A Sore Hand (Closed) Empty Re: [D1, Mid Night] A Sore Hand (Closed)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:56 pm

[url=Persuasion - A Sore Hand][/url]: 5d6k4 13
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:00 pm

Despite his gruff opening, Nathan seems to tolerate the young man's company, his tongue loosened by the ale he can drink thanks to his repaired hand.

Some men are too free with the words when in their cups...

[OOC: information imparted via private forum]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down