Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D4,LN-MM] A Hunting Hand

2 posters

Go down

[D4,LN-MM] A Hunting Hand Empty [D4,LN-MM] A Hunting Hand

Post by Luecian LongBow Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:00 pm

Luecian woke when most would still be sound asleep. He gathered his bow and some hunting gear before departing the loaned tent. Exiting the village , he carefully prowled the surrounding area heading towards the area Nathan had described the prior night. Staying off the main trail he located some previous animal tracks and did his best to follow them carefully and quietly. As he lost their trail he soon picked them up anew and followed the new leads. After hours of effort he managed to track near to a medium sized doe as she went about her early morning movements. This be for food not bragging rights he reminded himself as he spotted the doe. Carefully pulling the drawstring back, he takes aim and releases the arrow. The arrow flies true striking the deer in the chest with severe impact, it takes a few bounds before falling over still. Luecian waits a few moments to scan the area before approaching his kill. He slashes the throat to be thorough and goes about gutting the animal as quickly as possible. Once this was done he began to drag the creature to the main road and flag down some villagers for assistance in bring the kill back to Blackbuckle.

[url=Hunt Roll-D4 BlackBuckle Morning][/url]: 6d6k5 21 I judged it TN13 from the information in the book which would be 2 DoS.

Once reaching the village he skins the deer and quarters it before passing it along to one of Nathan's men who seemd in charge of a food rations. It may not be much but like it will help keep a family fed for today and mayhaps tomorrow, perhaps more if they put it in a stew. It may not seem like much but it be like I told Nathan, doing something counts.

Luecian ventures back out to patrol the path towards the stream for a short while and perhaps forage a bit before he has to depart to assist House Dulver and the other investigators elsewhere.

[url=Forage Roll-D4 BlackBuckle Morning][/url]: 4d6 14 TN13 also for a quick forage 1DoS

He brings back a small sack of various roots, berries and plants he knows are editable in a pinch and also hands them to the men in Nathan's employ. "
Won't be the best eating ever but mayhaps it will add some flavor to the meal."
He shrugs and smiles at the cook before heading off to collect the rest of his gear and his horse.

The whole time he keeps his eyes open for signs of anything suspicious but nothing much seems to catch his attention.
[url=Awareness-Notice BlackBuckle D4 Morning][/url]: 4d6k3 10
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

[D4,LN-MM] A Hunting Hand Empty Re: [D4,LN-MM] A Hunting Hand

Post by Reader Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:32 pm

[OOC: May be coming back to this, and at the very least a noble deed]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D4,LN-MM] A Hunting Hand Empty Re: [D4,LA] A Hunting Hand For Cendra

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:42 pm

[url=Survival Hunt Roll-Helping Hunt Cendra TN 16][/url]: 6d6k5 18 TN 16 1 DoS
Luecian rode up to the small farmhouse 2 freshly dead rabbits both of which happen to be on the small size hanging from his horse. Looking around for a minute before dismounting, he watches as a young woman with a stoic face makes her way out towards him. "
And what can I be doing for yourself good stranger, I have little here worth taking if that's your intent."

Luecian flourishes a smile at her and a graceful bow. "
Me name be Luecian Good Lady, most call me Luecian Longbow. Me only intent is to be takin a brief moment of yer time and give a lady such as yerself a hand as me own skills be allowing. Would it be possible to be knowin the name of the fair lady I do be addressing?"
As he still senses her hesitancy, he moves to his horse and takes the rabbits down. He offers them out in front of himself to her and in that moment her stoic facade cracks. "
My name is Cendra good hunter and I do be appreciating your offering. Do you happen to know Lord Nathan?"

"
I serve House Dulver rather than House Bartheld but I do be considering Master Nathaniel a friend. He be the one who first asked me to help out around Blackbuckle as me own responsibilities allowed."
With another smile at the lady he continues on."
Truth me told Lady Cendra, this be a small offering as the doe I brought down this morning is being handed out around the camp Nathan mad here. But in hands such as yer own, I surely be thinking it will turn out a feast worthy of the Seven."

Cendra gives him the smallest of smiles but one cleary also showing weariness and sadness."
I think that you know I am no lady Luecian but just a farm wife down on life and luck."

Giving his best smile Luecian puts one hand over his heart and continues."
Cendra- honest word to me own eyes I see as much and more qualifying as a Lady than I seen since me own feet landed in these lands. I know misforture of a horrible kind has struck here and I do not be pretendin to know all yer pains and sufferings but if you be up for sharing a meal, me own ears be fairly keen. Or if ye want to escape yer own troubles for a time, me own tongue can wrangle up a story or two worth hearing if I do say so meself."

[url=Charm Lady Cendra][/url]: 4d6k3 13

Her stoic facade seems to mostly dissolve towards the huntsman, leaving in its wake a larger version of the tired and weary smile Cendra seems to have perfected. "
I have much to do today but the offer does not sound a bad one I suppose. If Lord Nathan asked you to help out around here perhaps you would not mind giving me some assistance around here."

"
It be me own pleasure good lady, these hands be at your service until I must leave to return to me own duties a bit later this evening."

Luecian helps with various chores and duties around the small farmhouse for a little over an hour or so. During that time they continue small conversation and he does his best to keep the lady's spirits up as they talk.

"
Well sadly Lady Cendra, I fear I must be returning to me own duties. Septon left word to meet him early this evening back at our camp. Meeting yerself be a rare pleasure this week, with yer permission I shall return tomorrow with hopefully something more impressive we can share with a meal?"

Cendra gives the huntsman a knowing look and a slightly less wearied smile. "
You are free to return to help anytime Luecian. As for the shared meal well, it may depend on exactly how impressive what you end up bringing is."

Luecian laughs in response to the lady's words. "
I fear that was a challenge m'lady but no doubtin it will be something impressive to even one with such a keen eye as yerself."

With a farewell wave, he mounts and rides off towards the Dulver campsite with intentions to return on the morrow.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

[D4,LN-MM] A Hunting Hand Empty Re: [D4,LN-MM] A Hunting Hand

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down