Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D6 LA Can faith help?

3 posters

Go down

D6 LA Can faith help? Empty D6 LA Can faith help?

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:30 pm

Ser Jorah entered the hall of House Bracken, letting the guards know he was on his way to see the Prince. As he waited for the Company of the Morningstar to arrive with their cargo, he saw Septon Arlyn and waved.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

D6 LA Can faith help? Empty Re: D6 LA Can faith help?

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:44 pm

Septon Arlyn was on his way back to the warriors seat to finish researching in the library there. He felt that he was close, but just needed some final push to get what he needed. However he stopped when he saw Ser Jorah there. that's odd. I wonder why Ser Jorah is here. And are those coldbrook has guards arriving as well? What do they have? Septon Arlyn feels a shadow pass over him and looks over to see the huge dragons head rise above the wall to the warriors seat. Gods that beast is huge. And I see smoke rising from its nostrils like a smiths fire. the Septon sniffs the air, smells like one too. Septon Arlyn turned towards the knight and begins to make his way over to where Ser Jorah is standing.

(Edited for oops ☺️)

Last edited by 167 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:54 pm

ooc - the Company of the Morningstar are Coldbrook troops, not Drakeson. Trelane is absent from Jorah's side

Ser Jorah felt the breath of the Dragon from some distance as the beast put its head over the wall. An ominous sign he thought

"
Hello Septon,"
he welcomed the Septon warmly, "
an impressive if intimidating sight is it not?"
he gestured towards the dragon.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:04 pm

"
I'd lean towards the terrifying myself Ser Jorah. That dragon is like wildfyre made flesh, and twice as deadly."
Septon Arlyn gives a little shudder as his eyes close. The green demon flames and heart from the inn still fresh in his mind. "
So what brings you to the warriors seat? Are you investigating the salted fields?"
Asks Septon Arlyn. "
For I've already spoken with Ser Tyron Blackwood. He has already taken responsibility for both the salted fields and commanding Ser Symon in the borderlands of the Darries incident."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Jorah listened to what the Septon had to say. It was so simple when all they had to do was investigate.

"
I'm glad those issues have been dealt with, though with borderlands, much of the damage was also done by House Bracken, so we will need to determine whom is responsible here for the damage. Alas, my presence here is nothing so simple. Somebody has been agitating the Prince to ignore the King's banner, undermine the investigating houses
to save their own hide. If the Prince decides to do that, then after the attack the other night, then it is possible Battle Valley may burn. I am about to attempt to convince the Prince that he should not undermine the King. That would set a dangerous precedent for him and his mother."

ooc
I may already know that thanks to Ser Symon, but waiting for reader to continue that thread

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:37 pm

(I know. I'm just IC trying to guess your motivations for being here Laughing )

Septon Arlyn frown's. "
Justice must not be interfered with. Things are difficult to find the truth of as it stands , without throwing the additional complication in of investigators interfering with justice. But who would be willing to interfere with the kings justice? How is he manipulating other houses? How is he planning on getting prince Aemond to side with him?"
Septon Arlyn launches into another barrage of questions, but then pauses, giving the knight a chance to explain himself.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:33 am

Ser Jorah scratched his chin.

"
The how of it I do not know, having not been privy to any discussions. The knight in question has a silver tongue and the ability to twist circumstances to his advantage.
As for the Prince, considering the fact that he almost died the other night, convincing him to interfere I doubt would take much effort. I'm hoping as the man who saved his life, I can convince him to respect the banner issued by his father. However, despite my neutrality, I might still be seen as Black supporter because of my affiliation. Perhaps, if a prominent Green supporter and friend were to come with me to make this a bipartisan effort, I think we might be able to ensure some peace and justice is done, rather than an extreme level of justice."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:46 pm

Septon Arlyn places his hand on his chin, then taps it thoughtfully.

(More RP incoming)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:38 am

ooc - can we smell or see the carnage of all the dead people caused by the dragon?

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:27 pm

There is much fearful chatter among the guards and servants of the terrible retribution wrought by Prince Aemond on Ser Hugh's supports, with many adding the surprising detail that the noble Ser Theomore Tullison delivered the first victims to the beast's maw by hand.

[OOC: this will be common knowledge by D7 if/when I get round to the rumours, but you two hear about it now]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:55 am

Ser Jorah overheard the servants talking and could smell the remnants of the people sacrificed to the dragon.

"
He did what????"
He exclaimed angrily, clutching the handle of his sword, resisting the urge to find Ser Themore and run him through like the base cur that he was.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:44 pm

Nervously, both and the Prince and the famed Ser Jorah's fury, one man stammers.

"
J-j-justice, he did justice the Prince said."

A red-headed young serving woman nods meekly beside the man in mute support. Prince Aemond's methods were extreme, but appeared to have already have succeeded in cowing some of the locals. Future revolutions would have to overcome the legacy of dread he left behind.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:00 pm

"
This can not be allowed to happen again."
he scowled through gritted teeth

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:05 pm

Neither servant is bold enough to voice their gratitude, but hope seems to enter their eyes in place of fear.

Ser Theomore and Ser Jorah may have sworn the same knightly oaths, but it would be hard to find two more different men in character.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:54 pm

"
Ser Theomore"
Septon Arlyn furrows his brows. why would he agree to such a thing. It sets a very dangerous precedent for royalty to use their dragons against the small folk whom are only mildly related to the ones who do wrong. Sure it may cow them for a short while... But long term it's only going to breed resentment
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:59 pm

"
If this is allowed to continue, the Royal Household will not need to worry about a conflict between Greens and Blacks. They will eventually have outright civil war, with Dorne and the Iron Islands looking on with great interest."
Jorah could just about keep his anger in check,

"
I'm sure that many houses might have second thoughts supporting a side that allows this sort of abhorrent behaviour to occur."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:50 pm

(Time warp issues incoming, just barely finished of the original post with Ser Theomore)

"
Ser Theomore told me about this atrocity, although I see now it has affected the small folk more then I have feared."
Septon Arlyn shakes his head. "
I will come with you Ser Jorah, although it will take much restraint on my part not to denounce this issue in front of the prince. But it was ser Theomore who told prince Aemond that prince Daemon would feed tratior's to his dragon, but in the fear of the moment he acted in the most unknightly of fashions. For fear of the prince drove him not to advocate for a kinder resolution of the deeds for the small folk, or for those charged with the kings justice to pass sentencing. Instead his tract complacent in attending such in act showed prince Aemond to be capable of cruelty greater then Maegor the cruel when dealing with rebellion."
if such a thing were possible. If it were not for Ser Theomore's own confession to me I would almost think that this harkened back to the Black's trying to make the greens look worse.

"
Let is go Ser Jorah, and see if we can't get the prince to remove himself sooner from battle valley."
Septon Arlyn states with determination in his voice.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down