Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6, MA] The Black Bird Swoops (Closed)

+3
Reader
Samurel Manderly
Lady Corrine Marsten
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D6, MA] The Black Bird Swoops (Closed) Empty [D6, MA] The Black Bird Swoops (Closed)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:25 am

Lady Corrine's arrival at The Warrior's Seat is announced promptly as she arrives in the courtyard, with both Ser Markus and Samurel Manderly by her side, the latter in his Ser Bryn disguise. As they are led inside, Corrine whispers to Sam;

"
Remember, you go look for Ser Steffon while I speak with Lord Haig. You know what to do if he tries to flee."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, MA] The Black Bird Swoops (Closed) Empty Re: [D6, MA] The Black Bird Swoops (Closed)

Post by Samurel Manderly Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:05 pm

Placed in his immaculate disguise (not his best work but perhaps one of his cleanest) [url=Deception (Disguise)][/url]: 4d6k4 13

Samurel looks to his Lady

"
Yes, My Lady"

Making his way towards where steffon normally is around this hour (assumptions on his routine taken from the other day), Samurel will wait with baited anticipation.
[url=Stealth (Blend In)][/url]: 5d6k4+3 20

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

[D6, MA] The Black Bird Swoops (Closed) Empty Re: [D6, MA] The Black Bird Swoops (Closed)

Post by Reader Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:19 pm

Samurel's art is not infallible, with several guards looking at him suspiciously. The Warrior's Seat is on high alert post recent disturbances arter all. Indeed, some even fear direct reprisals for the assassination of the late Lord Balckwood.

However, where Samurel's disguise fails him his stealth wins out, suspicious knights and guards losing him in the press of guests and servants. He will have to act swiftly before a general alarm is raised.

Lady Corrine Marsten is swiftly ushered in to Lord Bracken's intimidating, at times crude presence, with all due pomp and ceremony as befits her rank.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:10 pm

"
My Lord, thank you for seeing me,"
Corrine greets Haig Bracken with a respectful curtsey. She extends her polite greeting to Ser Wyll.

"
I appreciate the private audience. It is a delicate matter I bring to you. I know you are both busy men, so I shall not be oblique. House Marsten's investigations have found the perpetrator of a grave crime in your midst, and while I feel it necessary to deal with this individual swiftly and decisively, I also felt that, in respect for you, you should know first."

She pauses only a brief moment to steel herself.

"
Your Master-At-Arms, Ser Steffon Vance, is responsible for the murder of Lord Blackwood. I have a witness willing to testify. He had Ser Rufus lie for him, then killed him to hide his involvement."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:17 pm

Lord Bracken's fist slams in to his solid oak table, the legs buckling under his fury.

Ser Wyll is more restrained, merely shaking his head.

Is the father guilty and wroth at discovery? Does the son's calm, uncharacteristic of his lineage, conceal that the news comes as no surprise to him?

[OOC: Awareness (empathy) TN ?? to read their reactions, one roll will do]

Lord Bracken roars in anger before regaining control. He speaks forcefully, but at least has the good sense to make a not entirely successful attempt to keep his voice down.

"
Infamy. An ill deed, for it lowers us to the status of cowardly Blackwoods. I trust you have cast-iron proof, that this witness is reliable?"

"
You must move swiftly whether you are right or wrong, Ser Steffon is well regarded at the Warrior's Seat and with good reason."

Lord Bracken punds the table once once, the closest leg giving way this time, leaving the table titled and sending several parchments slumping to the floor.

"
Apologies my lady, Ser Steffon was dear to my father and has served our house nobly for many years,"
says Ser Wyll in defence of the raging Beast.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:40 pm

[url=Empathy (Haig &
Wyll)][/url]: 4d6k3 15

"
No apology is needed, Ser,"
Corrine replies, tactfully, her eyes lingering warily upon Lord Bracken's contorted face and the broken table. "
It is news I wish I did not have to bring."

[ooc: I'd like to say more, but will wait for the roll results first.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:44 pm

Lady Corrine's practised eye studied each man, alert for any signs of deceit.

[OOC: results via pm]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:12 pm

*meanwhile*

Samurel makes his way toward the quarters of one Steffon Vance,

Haste had made Samurel's movements sloppy and irregular
[url=Stealth (Blend In)][/url]: 5d6k4+3 14

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:15 pm

She let them have a brief moment, then continued.

"
I understand that this is a shock,"
she says, speaking to both, though mostly looking at Ser Wyll, a little afraid of the Beast of Bracken's wrath. "
I expect he thought he was doing right by his lord, in a way. And I intend to make it clear in my reports that he acted without your knowledge or sanction. I will freely discuss our findings in more detail, once Ser Steffon is in custody. But, for now, as you say, we should act swiftly. I seek your leave to detain him for questioning, and for your permission to have Marsten men search his rooms and belongings. Your help in bringing him to justice will go a long way to shedding a good light on this regrettable situation."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:54 am

"
Granted. Our men shall move alongside yours to arrest Ser Steffon, let our aid in this endeavour demonstrate that House Bracken itself had no part in this. An over reaching vassal has sought to gain our fair by foul means."

Samurel is able to creep upon Ser Steffon Vance without alerting him, but in doing so alerts another figure on edge in the Warrior's Seat...

Noticing the general ruckus of guards being summoned and suspicious of the figure lurking near Ser Samurel, Sandor readies tack and steed to make good his escape. The only thing sweeter than felling the late Lord Bryan Blacwood would be felling hima nd livng to tell the tale. Messengers are always coming and going with haste in these troubled times, and he's able to make good progress before an alert can go out.

[OOC: Chase rules opportunity for anyone with D6 MA free Smile . Corrine and Samurel can raise an alarum IC and OOC in an attempt to capture Sandor, given that they're aware of his identity, as is Ser Kevan Lyras.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:18 am

(Me and Terren are in the warriors seat at this time anyways here.

[url:2671s45j]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=173&
t=2259#p66355[/url:2671s45j]

Would it be possible to try and give chase or only open time slots.

I doubt I would catch him. Even if I did I don't know what to do with him if I caught him, but I doubt dogs would know what to do with cars either Very Happy )
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:22 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:(Me and Terren are in the warriors seat at this time anyways here.

[url:1pzt8yd3]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=173&
t=2259#p66355[/url:1pzt8yd3]

Would it be possible to try and give chase or only open time slots.

I doubt I would catch him. Even if I did I don't know what to do with him if I caught him, but I doubt dogs would know what to do with cars either Very Happy )

[OOC: no doubling up on slots and you two are doing research.

However, I'll let you move the research slot and take part in the chase if alerted by Samurel/Kevan/Corrine Smile ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:24 pm

[ooc: Corrine &
Sam don't know you're there, but you're welcome to join in. Perhaps you hear the alarm go up?]

The alarm is sounded, and Marsten guardsmen join the chase. Corrine makes final assurances to Lord Haig and his son, before leaving with their prisoner, Ser Steffon, in restraints. Corrine, Ser Markus, and Samurel ride as fast as they can to the Marsten pavilion, to have Ser Steffon caged, and to find Ser Kevan and Lord Benedict.

[ooc: If I've covered too much ground there, let me know and I'll adjust it. Just wanted to deal with the exposition.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:01 pm

Reader wrote:[OOC: Chase rules opportunity for anyone with D6 MA free Smile . Corrine and Samurel can raise an alarum IC and OOC in an attempt to capture Sandor, given that they're aware of his identity, as is Ser Kevan Lyras.]
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:The alarm is sounded, and Marsten guardsmen join the chase.

Baelon is riding towards Warrior's Seat when he hears the alarm sound. Seeing Marsten guards chasing after a lone figure, Baelon joins the pursuit.
I don't know what is going on here, but if a Marsten wants that man caught, it must be for a good reason.

[OOC: Count me in on the chase. Smile ]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:48 pm

Kevan was riding up to the Warrior's Seat as well, when he saw a group of Marsten men chasing after a man on horseback.
Isn't that one of Ser Steffon's men? Sandor?
He leaned forward and gave chase as well.

[I am in on the chase as well]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:57 pm

Sandor was not as fine a horseman as his pursuers, many of them castle trained and mounted on swift steeds.

Still, he had noticed Ser Steffon's arrest and had the advantage of several hundred yards on his pursuers. The grounds around the warrior's seat were cleared all around to spot all too frequent invading armies, but if he could ride hard, maybe, just maybe, he could make it to the safety of the treeline.

How they'd remember him, the guardsman who laid a lord low!

[OOC: Sandor wins ties (standard) and starts with 2 Chase points due to his headstart. First to 3 wins.

Superior steeds adds +1 to all rolls in this test.

Everyone who beats his chase roll in a given round gains a chase point.

First to catch Sandor determined by:

- Total times exceeding Sandor's roll
- Total rolled across all roll's exceeding Sandors rolls

+1 glory to whoever captures Sandor.

His rolls:
[url=animal handling (ride)][/url]: 10#3d6k2 11 9 7 7 9 7 12 7 9 10]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:15 am

Baelon rapidly gains ground on the fleeing guardsman, catching up to him long before they reach the woods.

OOC:
[url=Chase Sandor: Animal Handling(ride)][/url]: 10#4d6 15 15 8 9 10 16 12 17 11 15

If I'm doing this right, that's 3 points in 3 rounds. Luckily my first weak roll was the same as an even weaker one by Sandor!
3/3, 38 total for glory.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:17 am

[OOC: should add that Baelon's roll is the benchmark and therefore only the first three rolls will count for everyone, as Baelon caught Sandor in three rolls]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:17 am

Kevqn's horse was surprised by the sudden change in tempo and slightly bucked, before giving in and falling into a fast gallop. Unfortunately, the slight hesitation was to ensure that he would not catch the guard.

[url=Chase Sandor][/url]: 10#6d6k3 11 17 16 13 11 16 9 16 15 16
(Potentially spend a DP on the first roll to avoid falling out of the race in round 1, when I would beat him the next five rolls Sad )
Edit: Ah Baelon got him so no need for a DP :;
):

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:14 pm

Samurel does not chase after Sandor, seeing as there are sufficent men of the horse to handle such an affair.

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:34 pm

Ser Walton, who was on his way to Warrior Seat's stables, noticed commotion on the street. At the bginning he didn't react, but at moment he recognized Kevan Lyras, he quickly spurred his horse and joined the chase...

[url=Chase][/url]: 3#3d6 10 7 17

Maybe even if he won't be the first one to get to prey, he was at least hoping to help in making an arrest...
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:53 pm

Samurel Manderly wrote:Samurel does not chase after Sandor, seeing as there are sufficent men of the horse to handle such an affair.

[ooc: We can stay at the Marsten pavilion once we get there, if you like. We could interrogate our new prisoner.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:55 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
Samurel Manderly wrote:Samurel does not chase after Sandor, seeing as there are sufficent men of the horse to handle such an affair.

[ooc: We can stay at the Marsten pavilion once we get there, if you like. We could interrogate our new prisoner.]

[ooc: I rather like that idea, though I think I'll keep a mask on and a disguise, don't want him knowing it's me after all xD]

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:16 pm

Samurel Manderly wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:

[ooc: I rather like that idea, though I think I'll keep a mask on and a disguise, don't want him knowing it's me after all xD]

[ooc: Oh yes. Definitely. Ser Bryn will do fine.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:50 pm

[OOC: Lord Drakeson catches Sandor unless Ser Kevan spends a destiny point to adjust his first role to keep an extra dice.

Successful captor earns +1 glory. Decision from Ser Kevan due by Monday night UK time.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next