Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6, MA] The Black Bird Swoops (Closed)

+3
Reader
Samurel Manderly
Lady Corrine Marsten
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[D6, MA] The Black Bird Swoops (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D6, MA] The Black Bird Swoops (Closed)

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:01 pm

[I do not spend a DP, so Baelon catches him]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D6, MA] The Black Bird Swoops (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D6, MA] The Black Bird Swoops (Closed)

Post by Reader Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:05 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:[I do not spend a DP, so Baelon catches him]

[OOC: excellent, thanks for the prompt response Ser.

Lord Drakeson, feel free to narrate your successful pursuit!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:01 pm

Baelon is riding towards Warrior's Seat when he hears the alarm sound. Seeing Marsten guards chasing after a lone figure, Baelon joins the pursuit.
I don't know what is going on here, but if a Marsten wants that man caught, it must be for a good reason.

Baelon rapidly gains ground on the fleeing guardsman, catching up to him long before they reach the woods.

As he comes alongside the guardsman's horse, Baelon draws his sword... but rather than attacking the man, he skillfully severs the fleeing man's saddle strap, causing little more to the horse than a bit of a shaved patch. The feel of the cold steel is enough though for the horse to shy away from the blade, which subsequently causes than guardsman - saddle and all - to slide right off his stolen mount, falling unceremoniously to the ground.

As the other other pursuers catch up, Baelon sheathes his sword, addressing them each as they arrive.

"
Ser Kevan! I've not had a chance to speak with you. How is Sofia?"

"
Ser Walton, good day."

"
Good day, Bruce."
He addresses the guardsman that up until that morning had been part of his Marsten shadow with a friendly smile. "
I'm sure your lady is waiting patiently to speak to this scoundrel. Be a good man and take him to her, and send along my regards."

[OOC] If necessary:
[url=Sever Saddlestrap - Mounted Fighting(long blades)][/url]: 12d6k6+1 35
Yeah, that ought to do.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:34 pm

[OOC: approved for dramatic flair, that roll certainly succeeds - that's how you do it!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:08 pm

"
Hey Baelon, yeah it has been a busy week so far. I am glad you caught him, my horse bucked in just the wrong moment."
, he gave his horse an angry look.
"
Sofia was well, when I left home for this investigation, I hope this is still the case! How's Gwyn?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:10 pm

Baelon grins widely.
"
Gwyn is good! I think that out from under Lady Isobel's withering glare and with a house of her own to look after, she has finally found a place that she can really thrive. The things she has done for our house and people - organizing workers, bringing in our Maester's expertise to improve efficiency and production, developing trade routes, merchant deals, and so forth... I don't know how she finds time for it all, but she seems happy. Much more so than at Harsthorn - though we both do miss you all."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2