Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6-EA] Best of the best (Open)

2 posters

Go down

[D6-EA] Best of the best (Open) Empty [D6-EA] Best of the best (Open)

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:41 am

Ser Walton rode back to camp sites beneath the Royal banner, even if his House's camp was moved from there to Pennytree village. He wanted to see on his own eyes men, who came in royal procession. There was rare opportunity to see knight of Kingsguard and Prince in the flesh. Crowdy area in center of other camps was reserved for the biggest pavillion Walton ever saw in his life. King's tent was bigger than some small lord's towers, wealth and splendor was amazing. Everything was covered in black and red colors, Targaryen's dragon was present everywhere and on everything. Air smelled with smoke from fireplaces, roasting on them meat, but there were present also other smells stucking through: leather, sweat and excrement- the whole palette of quickly build settlement for so many men.

Ser Walton was pushing his horse among the crowd, but wasn't nervous about all fuss- he was excited. Not only Stony Heath was not only small castle with small number of people living in it and mountainous surroundings, also sight of knights and noble was distant thing over there. Royal camp was complete opposite.

Young heir of Dulvers was lucky. When he was getting closer and closer, shouts and cheers were getting louder and clearer. He had to dismount his horse and continue his squeezing further on his feet. When he finally managed to get to first line, view he saw was more than he could ever ask for: Prince Aemon Targaryen was practicing his fighting skills with Ser Arryk Cargyll...

Last edited by 179 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

[D6-EA] Best of the best (Open) Empty Re: [D6-MA] Best of the best (Open)

Post by Reader Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:25 am

[OOC: the King is not present, the NPC list details who is/isn't here. Smile ]

Lord Tully's son and heir, Ser Eoric, was observing the Prince and his bodyguard. Prince Aemond did not seemed hampered by his impaired vision, a credit to his tutor, the renowned Ser Criston Cole, the Lord Commander of King Viserys' kinsguard himself! Despite the talent on display, both participants are clearly operating within themselves, still recovering from the injuries inflicted by Ser Hugh Rivers' dramatic assault on the Prince and his entourage.

Ser Eoric calls to the Dulver heir as he approaches.

"
The conqueror of Ser Benjen Frey if I'm not mistaken?"
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:52 am

"
Indeed. But believe me, what You can hear at taverns and castles is much more exciting than fight that really took place. Nothing what knight can be proud of, I ensure You. Conquering is way too big word, that's for sure..."
Walton lowered his head in humility with fist on his chest. "
Ser Eoric Tully, I'm Ser Walton Dulver"
Ser Eoric wasn't anonymous person in Westeros, so Walton didn't have problem with naming knight, who apporached him. "
We miss wise advice of Tullies in our investigations"
added honestly, as in Walton's opinion, omission of Tullies in case was at least indiscretion. "
But I'm sure it's not why we are here."
Walton pointed towards training grounds, where Prince trained with White Cloak. "
Benjen Frey didn't last very long against me and didn't cause me absolutely any problems... But what we see over here, is elite of sword mastership... I would give everything for fighting lesson from men like those..."
Walton said with a little feigned modesty, but changed the subject "
How do You like in Battle Valley, Ser? We had pretty intense week over here, I hope it will help in ensure peace..."
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:54 am

"
It saddens me to say it, for it is both a tragic reality and a hoary old saying, but strong sword arms are needed for peace,"
says Ser Eoric with a smile.

"
Let us see if you can catch a Prince's eye - I beg you to defeat one of the training dummies while I catch my breath. If Ser Benjen was truly barely a match for you, then a straw man will permit me a good two breaths to recover."

[OOC: Fighting (any) for a swordplay demonstration at TN 9, DoS matter to impress your audience of Ser Arryk, Prince Aemond and Ser Eoric. Then potentially a quick training match!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:26 am

[url=Fighting show][/url]: 10d6k6 25

Walton put his hand on his bastard sword attached to his belt, but hesitated for a moment. With nasty smile on his face hs stepped back to his horse and put out greatsword out of scabbard, which was hanging from saddle. Walton lifted his sword, so everybody could see rays of sun dancing at it's blade. Walton attacked dummy. His cuts weren't as perfect as he would like to, but his technique was still pretty nixe. But what he wanted to make impression of, was connection of skill and power. When he finished, he watched dummy with satisfaction.

[OOC: I don't have rulebook now, sorry. Greatsword is Athletics+...? On top of that goes +2 from Strength and +5 from Athletics.Times 4DoS]

Walton slowly came back to Ser Eoric and asked "
How did You like it, Ser?"
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:11 pm

Ser Walton's display is enough to make Ser Arryk call a halt to his own match against Aemond and gesture towards the Dulver heir approvingly. Prince and his Kingsguard stand and watch in silence, sizing up the powerful knight.

Ser Eoric Tully seemed impressed too.

"
Mayhap your recounting of the defeat of Ser Benjen was no idle boast Ser!"

The heir to Riverrun coughed, as unpleasant hacking sound perhaps picked up on the road and exacerbated by the wildfire attack.

"
Would you try me? I'll see if I can at least have it said I lasted longer than the ferocious Frey, although I suspect a man of your size would give even Lord Baelon Drakeson himself a match. Woe to all in the melee at Riverrun had you been present to vie for the title."

The name of Baelon Drakeson had now joined other famous champions such as Ser Alayne Tarly, Ser Harbert Baratheon and Ser Criston Cole when men spoke of the Kingdom's foremost warriors.

Ser Eoric was a talented knight, having acquitted himself well in the melee at Riverrun and many other tournaments.

[OOC:

Ser Eoric Tully's disposition improves to indifferent - he's not normally fond of Green sympathisers.

an extra bonus dice has snuck in there, so I randomly deleted one, but happily it doesn't affect your total. Please pay attention to getting your rolls right, as there's sometimes a PvP/competitive element to rolls and it matters for the game's integrity.

[url=Deleting extra bonus die][/url]: 1d10 8

Feel free to spar against Ser Eoric Tully, your performance has earned you that much. You can roll for both sides as this isn't a serious match and I'll be keeping the story grinding on. He'll take fatigue and one injury before yielding. He wears full plate and carries a longsword, large shield and full pate.

Agility Animal Handling Athletics Awareness Cunning Deception Endurance Fighting Healing Knowledge Language Marksmanship Persuasion Status Stealth Survival Thievery Warfare Will
Eoric Tully 3 3 4 3 3 3 4 5 2 3 3 2 4 6 2 3 2 3 4 Heir to House Tully Spears 2B, Ride 2B, Shields 1B, Longblades 2B, Empathy 1B, Convince 1B.

Ser Eoric Tully
CD 10
Health: 12/12
I/W/F: 0/0/0
Attack: 7d6k5
Damage: 5 per DoS]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:27 pm

Ser Walton once more lifted greatsword to his eyes.

"
Well, Ser... When I'm going to fight someone seriously, I choose this mite"

Then Walton took of his scabbard with bastard sword, and attached it to horse's saddle.

"
It's honey for my ears to be asked for training fight by someone of Your status, Ser"

Excited Dulver answered honestly. He was always possessed by myth of great knights...

Both knights were slowly circling around the center of the ground, which crowd made them. They leaned to front, watching opponent with careful step. Both were ready to jump and attack. Ser Walton, in lighter armour, made first move. With one big step, heir of Dulvers attacked from overhead, ready to crush his opponent's defence at will...

[url=Greatsword attack][/url]: 9d6k6 26 26-14CD=12= 3DoSx10damage=30dmg-10AR=20dmg, Ser Eoric must take 3 injuries, if I can't lower my damage or something Embarassed ]

Ferocious attack of young knight hit Ser Eoric badly, giving guarantee that heir of Tullies will remember this fight for some time... Ser Walton jumped back to his position after attack, watching carefully his opponent, with hope he wasn't too aggresive and in effect cruel, for training fight...

[Ser Eoric Tully
AR 10
CD 10->
14 (FP spent)
Health: 12/12
I/W/F: 0/0/1
Attack: 7d6k5
Damage: 5 per DoS
[url=Initiative -6][/url]: 3d6-6 3 it's 5, after House Rule for Full Plates

Ser Walton Dulver
AR 8
CD 7
Health 12/12
I/W/F: 0/0/0
[url=inititative -4][/url]: 3d6-4 10

P.S. I guess that Ser Eoric's best option to his his fatigue point is at the beginning, as Walton is starting- to defend without armour penalty?

P.S.2 Should we carry on, or is it done?]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

[D6-EA] Best of the best (Open) Empty Re: [D6-EA] Best of the best (Open)

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:19 pm

Ser Eoric shook his head groggily, battered by Walton's attack.

"
I fear I fared even more poorly than Ser Benjen, although my fate is kinder. The days is yours Ser, I yield. Perchance we shall face each other again in a tourney, at least then I will know what to expect. I can but hope it is with lances, the realm has few to equal you for skill and even fewer with such prowess allied to great strength. Strong men have often failed to train adequately, content to let muscle overcome their problem."

Inside Ser Eoric seethed: he was not without his pride and feared he may have almost fallen i to a trap. What kind of brute uses a greatsword in a sparring match. And was I a fool to acquiesce to its use? Roddric Longshore was felled in such circumstances but a year past. 'Accidents' happen all too frequently these days. Mayhap Ser Benjen was laid low by one with one with some of his own faults. The animal could have killed him. Maybe the two would face each other again one day.

[OOC: Ser Eroic takes three injuries and yields.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:04 pm

Still holding greatsword in his hands, Walton smiled.

"
It's honor to get recognition of great man like You, Ser. I practice as much as I can, and as faithfully as it's possible."

Walton lowered his head in humility, then added.

"
I hope we'll see each other, to trade our skills once more. But I'm afraid it may not be at tourney, as I am not tourney fighter, Ser. Life taught that it's disrespect to make play out of war. But I'm looking forward to meet You in future, Ser, on training grounds or beyond."

Walton added with concern on his face.

"
I must also admit that You caught me off guard, Ser. You asked me for show and I decided that most impressive for that, will be greatsword. Putting it away when You asked me for training fight, would be disrespect, I'm afraid. Believe, that with one-handed sword, I'm much less lethal warrior, than with this executioner's tool, Ser..."

Walton summed it with blink of an eye and rakish smile.

"
It was great pleasure and honor to meet You in person, Ser Eoric Tully"

Walton sticked his greatsword into the ground and reached out his hand to Tully's heir.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:03 am

Ser Eoric seems baffled by the hulking knight.

"
Then you're like as not to be spit by the first man to face you in a charge or in a trial by combat. They'll not have the good manners to set aside a lance, whether it be a banded war lance or fragile tourney lance designed to shatter."

Ser Eoric took the knight's hand with polite formality, no more. He was well raised, but the initial good impression Ser Walton had made was fading fast.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:59 pm

[url=Strength vs TN12][/url]: 7d6k5 23

While holding Eoric's hand, Walton pulled him by it, so both knights' faces were close to each other. Walton wanted to add something, but instead showed his mocking smile and replied shortly.

"
Get well, Ser."

Then turned his back to Tully.

I thought he is better of man, but obviously apple doesn't fall far from the tree... Shame that Tully wasn't tough with sword as much as he is with his words and lessons now. At least I know to never look for him on battlefield. Worthless glory...

Walton just walked back between other spectators of training grounds...

[OOC: anyone would like to throw his comment about something? I mean guys from around? And btw, that simple Strength test result means that Walton ripped off Eoric's hand?xD]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:03 pm

Ser Eoric retain his composure, departing with a polite nod but a soured mood.

[OOC:
/scene on my part

Ser Eoric Tully's disposition drops to Unfriendly.
Ser Arry Cargyll's disposition drops to Dislike. He might be Green but he dislikes Walton's conduct.
Prince Aemond Targaryen's disposition improves to Amiable - he likes a skilled fighter. Even better, a skilled fighter who riles Blacks. He's impressed by the man.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down