Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6 ME] Dornish Alms

2 posters

Go down

[D6 ME] Dornish Alms Empty [D6 ME] Dornish Alms

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:05 pm

Septon Arlyn arrives at the Sept of the Warriors seat, Seeking out Septon Arrick. Having just completed his research the Septon was feeling buoyed up on that success.

"
Septon Arrick!"
Septon Arlyn called out
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D6 ME] Dornish Alms Empty Re: [D6 ME] Dornish Alms

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:48 am

Septon Arrick was a thin, bearded man in his forties. He made quite the contrast stood beside Septon Arlyn.

"
Seven be with you brother, how might this one aid you?"
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:29 am

(Septon Arrick used and answers given with readers blessing)

The investigations had finally borne some fruit at penny tree, and the Septon was eagar to follow up on what he felt was the best lead they had. A holy mans words must be truthful, and his testimony will be very valuable in the end of it. I wonder if there are any other insights he could provide us that may gain us more solid evidence. "
Well I have some questions regarding the incident at Penny Tree,"
states Septon Arlyn eagerly.

"
I will do what I can to help a brother of the faith."
replies the thin Septon Arrick, his hands clasping in front of him then gestering to the Pew, "
Would you like to sit?"

"
Of course,"
Repiles Septon Arlyn and he moves to sit in the middle of the row, with the pew groaning in protest under the septons weight and with the symbol of the father and mother watching over him, as Septon Arrick sits next to Septon Arlyn. "
So, Brother Arrick, I have a question about the Dornish silks and spices you received from the Bracken guardsmen. Do you still have them? I know that you were needing the money for alms..."
Septon Aryln lets that question dangle.

"
Aye, I had the silks and spices, but I already sold them to a passing caravan and a peddler, and I don't have any left brother. Why do you ask?"
The thin Septons face is framed in sunlight, his crystal catching the sunlight and spreading rainbows around and into the older mans grey beard. "
I do not know what a good brother such as yourself would need such Items for?"
His tone was mildly accusing, I bet that Septon Arlyn here enjoys the finer things in life with his alms, his girth would certainly make it seem so.

"
I would not need the Silks and Spices your grace, I was hoping to use it as evidence. Would you happen to know who the merchants was?"
Asks Septon Arlyn. I hope that I can at least find some to provide as evidence

"
Nay, not Merchant Brother Arlyn, a mere peddler really. I hear that his family recently buried him though and his wife left the area, heavy with child. I'm sorry I can not help you more Brother."
There was earnestly in Septon Arricks voice, and sadness as well at reporting a dead end.

Well that is a shame. The testimony from the Septon would be good, but if we could provide the physical evidence to corroborate his story, it would be something that would be nigh irrefutable. What if we could instead provide the guard who gave him the Spices, first hand testimony is always the strongest, possibly even stronger then the good Septon himself. "
Brother Arrick, do you have any hints who the guard is who donated the items out of remorse? Any clues you provide so that I can question the man himself."
Septon Arlyn lowers his voice slightly, "
I understand that you might feel obligated not to tell, but if you could just give me a hint I could find it out myself."

A smile of approaches the corners of Septon Arricks lips, but it does not end in his eyes. "
Your Grace, I have some more sad news, I do not mind telling you about him, for he is now being judged by The Father."
Septon Arrick shakes his head sadly, "
Yet more death caused by this fued, He died out on patrol. His brothers say that it was Ser Tyron he cut him down while he was the rear guard of the brackens heavy calvary, allowing them to escape."
Septon Arrick waves his hand in the air dismissively, "
But they are prone to exaggeration, who knows what the truth was."

Another dead witness. One could be coincidence but two... Something even more sinister is at work here. I wonder if Lord Haig knows about this, or if Lord Haig is the cause of this. I need to do some more looking into this Lord Haig, from his reports I doubt he would do such a thing, but stranger things have happened already in this investigation. Also the second attack on Penny tree is very suspicious, almost as if it was a cover up for the movements of the Brackens heavy cavalry. as the first attack bears the hallmarks of Bracken heavy cavalry, while the second one did not. Hopefully the Septon will be safe, I will offer him our protection anyways. "
Brother Arrick,"
states Septon Arlyn, clasping the man on his bony shoulders with Arlyn's meaty hand,"
If you ever feel in danger, please find house Duvlers camp in Pennytree and we will provide you safety."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:49 pm

Septon Arrick squinted his eyes at Septon Arlyn, trying to determine the truth of this matter, then slowly nods, sending his unkept beard flowing in the stillness of the Septry air and causing the bits of dust to swirl around in the turbulence of moving air with them reflecting off yellow light of the sun streaming through the window. "
Thank you for your kind offer and concern Septon Arlyn, but I doubt that I will have any trouble. Lord Haig is my guardian, as well as the Father and warrior, I am in no need of protection as it is only the stranger himself who would dare take me away."
Septon Arrick smiles warmly at his brother, and then pats the hand on his shoulder.

"
Very well,"
says Septon Arlyn, withdrawing his hand have from Septon Arrick's shoulder after Arrick was done touching it. "
But I shall still speak with this Lord Haig about possibly offering the Faith some additional assistance, that way if you receive an additional donation that appears suspicious you can instead report it to the most devoted rather then merely selling it."
Septon Arlyn gives his signature jovial smile and stands, and he is followed upwards by Septon Arrick. Turning towards the thin man he says "
peace be with you brother Arrick."
And wraps him up in a hug.

"
And the Gods shine the light for your path."
Replies Septon Arrick, returning the embrace. "
thank you for your time, and thank you for speaking towards Lord Haig about my plight."

"
It is the least I can do brother,"
then a smile shows in his eyes. "
If you ever are in the realm of House Dulver come visit me. I know of a merchant's wife by the name Tessi whom makes the best Sheppard's pie. It would be garunteed to but some meat on your bones."
Septon Arlyn laughs and pats his own prodigious bulk, "
it worked for mine, and that's the crone's own truth."

They both chuckle at Septon Arlyn's humor and break apart, bidding their final farewells.

now comes the point when I ask the small folk and servants for their opinions of the matter. For often the great ones forget that the small ones have eyes and ears as well.
[url=Did they small folk and servants notice any interesting comings and goings from Lord Haig, any Calvary men who were not a part of House bracken][/url]: 4d6 14
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:52 pm

There are shades of Riverrun's dramatic trial, as the interfering Septon hunts down the truth implacably.

[OOC: results via PM]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:03 pm

even more curious the, the Lord Haig appears to have not been involved, or used a third party to get the deed done. That is a lot of work and subtlety from a man more prone to smash heads then clink goblets. Perhaps there is a man who helped him in this ruse, or some lesser commander had the attack planned. Septon Arlyn thinks for a moment. But who else would have had access to the funds to even hire such a band. More importantly why would they... I keep racking away leaves and uncovering more beetles, just to have them scurry away before I can grab them. "
I need a drink to ease my troubled thoughts."
States Septon Arlyn, and he makes his way to the Bracken's kitchen to find himself some watered wine. "
Maybe some honey and biscuits will have the answers I seek"
playfully jokes the Septon to himself.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:00 am

Honey and biscuits proved easier to come by than answers, or at least answer that did not lead to more questions. The Warrior's Seat was still well supplied despite war and winter.

[/scene]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down