Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D4, EA-LA]Alms over Arms (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D4, EA-LA]Alms over Arms (Closed) Empty [D4, EA-LA]Alms over Arms (Closed)

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:51 pm

(OOC: The exact timeslots may need to be juggled a bit depending on other concerns, but this will do for now. Rolls and TNs supplied by Reader via PM.)

Daveth arrived with a small bodyguard to the residence of Wyllla the Weaver. Having them wait outside, but within yelling distance, he knocks. An older woman answers, looking at the young lord in a manner not rude, but clearly not pleased by his presence either.

"
Wylla the Weaver? My name is Daveth Coldbrook. I'm one of the royal investigators. I understand that there are a lot of desperate people around because of all the recent actions on both sides of the border. I believe there's been enough death here, and no good reason for more;
and I understand that Ser Hugh uses you as a hub for the distribution of supplies. From my interaction with him, he seemed like a good and honest man, trying to do his best under trying circumstances, so that's as good a recommendation as I need.

"
My house is not a rich one, but I am prepared to supply some wealth from my house for the purposes of preventing the populace feeling nothing but desperation, rage, and a loss of hope, on both sides of the border. I don't know what they need. I'm hoping you do. In addition, I have a small degree of medical knowledge, which I'd be willing to provide to the needy, since I imagine your healers are likely currently swamped."
he gives a small smile, and gestures inside. "
Can we talk?"

[url=Alms over Arms - Persuasion +1D (TN8)][/url]: 5d6 17 2 DoS
[url=Alms over Arms - Persuasion - DP spend for BD][/url]: 1d6 1 Orokos!
[url=Alms over Arms - Healing (injury) +1D (TN9)][/url]: 5d6k4 10 1 DoS
(Wow. Those were some *terrible* rolls. Glad I had the bonuses.)

Last edited by 133 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

[D4, EA-LA]Alms over Arms (Closed) Empty Re: [D4, EA-LA]Alms over Arms (Closed)

Post by Reader Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:04 am

Wylla seemed convinced by Daveth's plain offer of help: the straightforward heir to castle Grenward was a Northerner is character, if not by blood.

She was weathered by age now, but still wore her hair long and took the time to braid it each day.

"
My door is open to any who will help m'lord. Just too few willing to help these days."

Daveth had some small opportunity to ask further questions of Wylla during the day as she guided him throughout Battle Valley. The old woman was all too acquainted with the many injuries, physical and spiritual, done to its inhabitants, with the Coldbrook heir doing what he could to ease their burdens.

Wylla was initially guarded as to the backing her efforts had and her family ties in the region.

[OOC: some long term consequences handled via PM]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down