Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7 EE] The black aunt of Sofia (closed)

5 posters

Go down

[D7 EE] The black aunt of Sofia (closed) Empty [D7 EE] The black aunt of Sofia (closed)

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:32 pm

After Kevan's hunt for rumours about Market Town in the afternoon, he came to Raventree Hall once more that day, as he decided to use the time at hand to get to know his wife's aunt. He knew the women was an interesting person, being the captain of an archer regiment as a highborn women assured that, but it was the way his wife described her that intrigued him. "
The uncle she never had"
, he murmured to himself as he made his way to her chambers. That and rumours about warging....!

He arrived at her chambers and knocked on the door. "
Lady Alysanne? It is Kevan Lyras, the husband of your niece..."

[OOC: I'd like to start an intrigue with her to improve her disposition towards me.]
[url=Initiative Alys][/url]: 4d6+2 16

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D7 EE] The black aunt of Sofia (closed) Empty Re: [D7 EE] The black aunt of Sofia (closed)

Post by Reader Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Alysane Blackwood
Initiative: [url=status (reputation)][/url]: 5d6k4 17
Composure: 12/12
ID: 10
Frustration: 0
Disposition: Amiable due to Ser Kevan's marriage, DR 3
Round 1: [url=read target][/url]: 4d6k3 14
Round 2+: [url=Persuade (Convince)][/url]: 10#6d6k5 17 13 18 24 20 23 25 17 23 24
4 Damage per DoS, above needs a +1 bonus per roll due to disposition.

[OOC: roleplay to come, getting mechanics out of the way.

Remember that you can use anointed in intrigues too Smile ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D7 EE] The black aunt of Sofia (closed) Empty Re: [D7 EE] The black aunt of Sofia (closed)

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:52 pm

Mechanics:
Indifferent (DR4)
Intrigue Defense: 10
Composure: 9/9

Use Anointed benefit on the first roll to prevent the read target action.
Drop the following dice on her rolls: [url=dropping extra dice if necessary][/url]: 10#1d6 4 1 5 2 2 6 3 4 3 4
Kevan's rolls after round 1: [url=Charm (Aly)][/url]: 5#4d6 18 13 18 14 8

Round 1:
Aly: Read target fails
Kevan: [url=Read Target (R1 - Aly)][/url]: 3d6 10 - Fails

Round 2 - 6
[D7 EE] The black aunt of Sofia (closed) OLhD1Xi.jpg

Kevan is defeated, but that was about as close as it could be (me going first and she has to take frustration first)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:49 pm

(OOC - forgive the intrusion, but what is that thing you have there?? Where can I get it?!?!)
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:10 am

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:(OOC - forgive the intrusion, but what is that thing you have there?? Where can I get it?!?!)
((OOC: this))

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:56 am

((So much yes))
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:16 am

[It just a very simple excel sheet and it is not as sophisticated as you'd expect. For example I just realized that I forgot to add the +1 to Aly's rolls for her disposition bonus. This I should directly into the formulas as well. (Not that it changes anything here). But I'll see that I can upload it somewhere tomight]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:28 pm

Somebody pointed out that I am a "
numb-nut"
because I forgot the BotA-rerolls :;
-):

So here are the rerolls:
[url=Persuasion rerolls][/url]: 5#1d6 5 6 4 3 4

Which leads to these adjustments:
18-2+5=21: 3 DoS
13-3+6=16: 2DoS
18-3+4=19: 2DoS
14-2+3=15: 2DoS
8-1+4=11: 1DoS

This gets extremely messy, because the early frustration on Aly's part (due to the awesome 3 DoS in Round 2) leads to a lot of dropped dice on top of the adjustment because of the failed read target action. (The line "
Frustration"
is not cumulative, so she actually takes 1 in round 3, another 1 in round 4 and 2 more in round 5)

Here is the adjusted calculation, but I'd be happy if someone could do a quick recheck...

[D7 EE] The black aunt of Sofia (closed) LhF6hqq.jpg
I think, based on this, Kevan actually wins...

Edit: Excel-sheet for the interested is coming on the weekend, sorry

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:02 am

"
Black"
Aly proved to be an interesting woman, more commander than warrior, able to command the respect of her men despite her youthful years.

Alysanne seemed impressed by this knight of House Marsten, he lived up to all she had heard from her like aged niece. Aly had always been a little older, always seen it as her duty to protect Sofia. Ser Kevan detected a sense of guilt that she'd not been there to protect Sofia, but also relief at the younger woman finding a true knight to cherish and guard her.

Ser Kevan notes a certain lupine style to her speech, praising him for beginning a "
pack"
of his own and congratulating him on the investigators "
running down"
the late Lord Bryan Blackwood's murderers.

[OOC: her disposition improves to Friendly]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:16 pm

Kevan is impressed by Black Aly, who truely is a special women. He thanks her for the complements on his role in the investigation, while at the same time reminding her that it was a team effort between Marsten investigstors as well as some others. As he feels that he seemed to be accepted as the husband of her niece, Ser Kevan relaxes a bit more and manages to direct the conversation towards Lady Alysanne's life. He asks her about her role within House Blackwood and her day-to-day life. What are her responsibilities? Is she out on the field patrolling the Blackwood lands? Does she manage her own estates? How would she expect her life to change once the peace treaty is finalized?

[OOC: Not to draw this out too much, as you are to wrap up various threads, but a few more details would be nice :;
): ]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:47 pm

"
I am content to wander with my men, and my family is content for me to be out of court and out of sight. We had little and less part to play in the recent unpleasantness. Fortunate for House Bracken, else things would have gone more poorly for them. We hold the borders near House Strong's lands here - they are far from Harrenhall, but that only seems to make them keener to prove their mettle."

"
Running a household was one of the few of the more gentle pursuits that interested me - I can do all of the curtseying, singing and sewing that a good lady should. Ser Myles always told me he could tell I did these lessons with a heavy heart, but at least I did them. Someday I must set aside my selfish desires and do my duty by my family, and I will not shame my house when that day comes, even if the schooling for it is fiercely dull."

"
That day may be far off or near at hand - I am aware I am but a chip to be bargained away in the treaty, but would not shame you or myself by prying."

[OOC: treaty not finalised yet, will assume she sees it by D8]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down