Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7 MA] Black aunts, Great hunters, straight arrows

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[D7 MA] Black aunts, Great hunters, straight arrows Empty [D7 MA] Black aunts, Great hunters, straight arrows

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:34 am

Septon Arlyn and Terren Dulver are traveling to the assembly that is being called by Lady Corrine. Septon Arlyn had recently washed his hands of the blood of Ser Colyn, and was speaking to Terren about the research he had completed at the Warriors seat and listening to the young man explain his own findings from raventree hall. Suddenly the commotion from the training yard grows noticeably louder, with some catcalling and boisterous boasting peaking the Septons interest. "
Shall we go investigate?"
asks Septon Arlyn and, without waiting for an answer he starts off in that direction, busy pushing his way through the small crowd that had gathered.

Moving his large body through the crowd Septon uses his weight to make a path for the lithe Duvler to follow should he so wish. Reaching the front row he sees the queer sight of a women dressed in chain, firing arrows into practice dummies, shots grouped together within a child's fist.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D7 MA] Black aunts, Great hunters, straight arrows Empty Re: [D7 MA] Black aunts, Great hunters, straight arrows

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:35 pm

Ser Jorah and Trelane were in the small crowd watching the display. Neither of them had much prowess with a bow, but could admire the talent on display. As Septon Arlyn jostled by, Jorah called to him.

"
Septon, not a place I expected you to be today."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

[D7 MA] Black aunts, Great hunters, straight arrows Empty Re: [D7 MA] Black aunts, Great hunters, straight arrows

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:29 pm

Septon Arlyn smiles at the knight, "
nor myself truth be told.,"
be then looks back at the female archers evidence of skill. "
I doubt I could even hit that target, let alone group them so close together. Luecian Longbow might be her equal, as I have seen how quickly that boy could shoot."
Septon Arlyn shakes his head and gives a small chuckle, "
nay, but it would be a close thing for sure."
He turns to the knight after black ally releases yet another arrow into the practice dummy, eliciting cheers from the small folk and soldiers who gathered as she split an arrow from the cluster. "
Will you be attending the peace treaty talks?"
Asks Septon Arlyn of the knight.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:17 pm

Terren follows the Septon on his investigation of the commotion, looking quite impressed at the woman’s marksmanship, as he notices the knight approaching and the septon and the knight start up conversation Terren turns to the Septon, smiling politely, as he asks: “It seems you two know one another, could you introduce us?”

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:21 pm

"
Ah of course, where are my manners, Terren, this is Ser Jorah Holt the man rumored to be the next kinsgaurd, the savior of Aemond Targareon, one of the seven to stand against Ser Lionel Darry and his band of miscreant's"
announced Septon Arlyn "
, Ser Jorah, this is Terren Dulver, the third son of Lord Harlad Dulver, and my pupil before we had Maester Falsten join house Dulver."
Explains Septon Arlyn.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:49 pm

Terren smiles politely at the knight “It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Ser Jorah.”

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:15 pm

"
Daveth, Lord and Lady Drakeson and Loreia will all be present at the peace treaty summit. I am not sure what more I can offer and somebody needs to keep an eye of proceedings out here. I'm sure I won't be needed, not unless somebody really makes an arse of themselves."

Terren Dulver wrote:Terren smiles politely at the knight “It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Ser Jorah.”

"
Welcome Master Dulver or is it Ser? You seem a more learned sort like the Septon and not one with a penchant for violence like most here."
Jorah bowed his head slightly, "
How have you found your time here in Battle Valley?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:26 pm

Terren will chuckle at Ser Jorah calling him Ser "
I wish I was physically capable enough to earn knighthood like yourself, but it seems the gods chose that I must walk a different path."

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:41 pm

Jorah chuckled as well

"
All men have their own path and not all men have to be warriors. Judging by many I have met whom have a noble lineage, potential paths can be quite far ranging."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:05 pm

Lady Alysane Blackwood was unmistakeable, armoured and barking orders to a well drilled group of archers. "
Black Aly"
was only recently returned to Raventree Hall having been on patrol with her loyal men, a task all too necessary in these troubled times. However, the peace enforced by those beneath the King's banner had calmed proceedings enough for her to pay her respects at the recent funerals. A maid of not yet twenty, she had already seen as much of death as men twice her age. Her long black hair was tied in a plait, bound with red Blackwood ribbon, her only concession to fashion. House Bracken feared her and her followers: few archers were as organised and proficient in volley fire as her men.

Beside her stood a tall auburn bowman with arms that looked strong enough to carry a horse. He joined Black Aly in observing the other archers, occasionally adjusting an elbow position or release.

By the commands Alysane shouted it seemed the tall man was "
Robb"
, but no surname or title accompanied the name.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:28 pm

"
It's a pity that your man Leucian isn't here. No doubt he'd want to offer up some competition to the young lady."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:55 pm

Terren nods at that and adds "
I'm sure it would be quite the competition."

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:21 pm

"
Quite a competition indeed."
Nods Septon Arlyn sagely. "
Although our man Luecian took down that Wiley shadowcat's mate before it could attack Lady Corinne! Not to mention that time he killed one with his own two hands."
Septon Arlyn gestures to the practice dummies in the yard. "
It is one thing to hit a standing target in the yard, but to hit one that is moving? When the blood is pounding on your ears and the stranger is stalking the field,"
elaborates the Septon, "
that is another thing entirely. For archers as good as Lady Allison Blackwood's and our own man Luecian Longbow, the target shooting of moving targets would be a more apt test of skill."
Septon Arlyn frowned, "
it is a shame that billey was taken to the stranger last year, a three way competition between them would be something to behold"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:59 pm

"
Own two hands. I didn't know he'd strangled it."
Jorah gave a wry grin as he gently mocked the septon.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:29 pm

"
Aye, with his pants around his ankles to here him tell it,"
Septon Arlyn nods in mock seriousness, winking at the knight. "
But that is nothing compared to the tale he tells of hunting the snow wolves, with paws the size of shovels and howls that will chill men to the bone."
Septon Arlyn moves his voice up and down ominously, to add an ominous air to the tale, mostly for the young squires benefit.

Speaking more to Ser Jorah he says, "
but the boy did come back with a pelt and cat to prove it, and he did take down the shadow cat before it could hurt Lady Corinne, thank the seven for that mercy."
Explains Septon Arlyn, "
for all of his quirks and embellishments of his deeds and gambling problems, he certainly does have a good heart. I just hope that being around these scenes of death and torture don't harden that boy into something cruel."
Embellished Septon Arlyn to the knight.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:24 pm

Trelane listened with interest and then gave an exasperated look as he realised that the Septon was treating him like a child.

"
innocence and goodness is sometimes a rare commodity that isn't cherised as it should be. Mayhap all could keep such innocence a little while longer."
He glanced at Trelane, not so much thinking that his squire was an innocent, more that it was already gone before they had even met.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Septon Arlyn nods at the knights words, a haunted look appeared in his eyes. "
If only we valued innocence as much as strength, westeros could be a better place I think."
Septon Arlyn looks over at the archery range, another arrow sinking itself in deep to the straw man's chest, tearing through the roughspun tunic with ease.

"
But enough on the things we can not change,"
at least not yet, "
what could bring you out here at this time? Are you teaching young master Terelene here the art of sword play?"
Asks the Septon with a grin
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:08 pm

"
Today, taking in the sights and showing Trelane how soldiers like to relax. At least those suitable for his age."
He gave Trelane a look, who whistled nonchalantly.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:22 pm

[url=Notice the whistle day 7 black aunts][/url]: 3d6 5

Septon Arlyn nods, but doesn't notice the whistle"
it is a good thing to show young men the proper way to relieve stress. There is nothing wrong with archery either. I myself have too shaky of hands to be of much use at it, but that doesn't mean you should not give it a shot young master. "
Septon Arlyn smiles warmly at the young boy, "
I'm sure glad you enjoy your walks though, definitely save me some embarrassment during the second night here."
Warmly smiles Septon Arlyn. "
I myself sometimes enjoy walks along the battlements in the cold night air at the stony hearth, where I can look up into the heavens and see the bright quilt and the tapestry of the seven in the night sky."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:36 pm

Trelane bit his tongue for a second
"
Of course it does help to tell the guards who you are,"
he said, a cheeky smile on his face, before turning to the knight.

"
What about you Ser Jorah? Are you going to try your hand at archery?"
This question was asked with complete innocence

Ser Jorah looked embarressed and coughed into his hand.

"
I don't think that would be a good idea. Not if we want everybody here to survive the experience."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:01 pm

Septon Arlyn laughs, "
so you understand my struggle with the fiendish contraptions known as bows eh?"
Septon Arlyn gives a smile, "
how about yourself Terren? Have you made any progress in the archery yard?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:27 am

Terren will chuckle and say “I mean, I may take a crossbow with me for protection, but I don’t have any actual training in using bows.”

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:59 am

Terren Dulver wrote:Terren will chuckle and say “I mean, I may take a crossbow with me for protection, but I don’t have any actual training in using bows.”

"
As terrible as I am with them, I do understand the benefits of using one, especially if you are not. Perhaps your man Luecian might do well to teach you a few things. A person is always best served by being able to defend themselves in some fashion or other that best suits them."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:15 am

“I’ll at least try to improve upon my skill with a crossbow, but I don’t have the aptitude for anything martial.”

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:17 pm

Oh no, its another Daveth he thought to himself.

"
It never hurts to learn something. You never know when you might be attacked. The Septon here can attest to that. If I may ask, what is your opinion of the situation here in Battle Valley?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next