Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7 MA] Black aunts, Great hunters, straight arrows

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[D7 MA] Black aunts, Great hunters, straight arrows - Page 2 Empty Re: [D7 MA] Black aunts, Great hunters, straight arrows

Post by Terren Dulver Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:49 pm

“Well, I haven’t investigated there myself, so I don’t really know a lot about it, perhaps you could enlighten me?”

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

[D7 MA] Black aunts, Great hunters, straight arrows - Page 2 Empty Re: [D7 MA] Black aunts, Great hunters, straight arrows

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:01 pm

Ser Jorah threw his head back in laughter

"
Most of the incidents we have been investigating took place in Battle Valley, so I guess what I should have said was to ask your thoughts on how to resolve the current feud."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:18 pm

"
Well, I believe the only way to really have a lasting peace is a combination of keeping a power balance between the two, a marriage between the two families and of course removing the people who caused these incidents in the first place, to ensure the hatred between the two families is not passed down to the next generation."

(ooc: wow, just wow, I should get more sleep Embarassed )

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:16 pm

Septon Arlyn chuckles and pats the young man in his back,"
don't worry young master Terren, there are times when I forget my own name! "
Septon Arlyn chuckles meirly. "
I for one find this situation quite terrible. This fued has gone on too long and has reduced the small folk deaths to mere statics rather then the tragedy so much senseless death truely is. The fact that is took an assassination of a Lord before peacekeepers were sent in says much and more about this long running fued."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:10 am

"
And the fact it was a group of lower status houses sent in to sort this mess out indicates a separate issue here in the Riverlands."

ooc
Is Luecian joining the thread?

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:16 pm

(Ooc- Ask and you shall receive. May have to move some timeslots around but i have plenty free)

The huntsman was in a much better mood departing the joust caused by his own poor words and poorer knowledge of well just about everything outside Bows, hunting and the outdoors. All's well that ends well I suppose. At least for this problem, we seem to be growing them like crops though lately.

Walking along lost in thought, he spots a gathered crowd and as usual his curiosity forces him to check it out. To his delight he spots the crowd gathered around watching a group of archers led by a lady archer who seemed to be in charge. Spotting a few familiar faces among the crowd he moves up to join Septon Arlyn, Master Terren, Ser Jorah and the knight's young squire.

"
Good afternoon to yerselfs -Septon, Master Terren, Ser Jorah. "
He nods a greeting to the knights squire as well. "
I fear i'm late to the show you be watching but meself do appluad your taste."
He gives a smile and a chuckle to the group but his eyes mostly rest on the group of archers, resting on the lady archer and her companion the most.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:48 pm

"
Luecian!"
Joyously exclaims Septon Arlyn, "
I was just speaking about you. So you are the expert here on marksmanship."
Septon Arlyn gestures to Lady Allison Blackwoods archers, "
What do you think of their showing there? Is it as impressive as it seems?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:51 pm

Lady Alysane Blackwood eh, so that be the lady archer. "
Aye the Blackwood archers be mighty impressive , it be a joy to watch indeed. The archers I fought with from House Tullison during the bandit battles were also greatly skilled, though the circumstances were too serious to enjoy the display of skill."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:06 pm

"
Well you have displayed quite a bit of skill yourself young archer,"
Septon Arlyn begins listing off the accomplishments of marksmanship he had seen, using his fingers to keep count. "
There was the time you saved my hide from those bandits, then in the cave you managed to shoot with deadly accuracy, catching that man of arms in the throat with only torchlight to guide your eyes, also the time you brought down that bear with one arrow and the assistance of Lady Corrine."
Septon Arlyn then claps his hand together, "
There was also that time you saved Lady Corrine from the shadowcat!"
Septon Arlyn exclaims excitedly.

"
I bet with some training from yourself you can bring the archers of House Dulverup to a similar level of skill as the skill that we have seen here,"
Septon Arlyn boasts.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:45 pm

"
It sounds like the Septon has high regard for your abilities. Do you think you could match her skill young archer?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:02 pm

"
I would wager 50 silver stags on it,"
states Septon Arlyn with a wink at Luecian.I imagine he probably could do it. She is good but has not had as much time to dedicate towards the art as your man Luecian here.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:26 pm

"
How about you young master Terren?"
he addressed the young Dulver

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:36 pm

Terren will chuckle at the Septon offering to bet on Luecian. He will then turn to Ser Jorah and say "
I would be willing to bet on Luecian as well, however irony dictates that it is the septons teachings, that taught me not to gamble."

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:58 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:"
Well you have displayed quite a bit of skill yourself young archer,"
Septon Arlyn begins listing off the accomplishments of marksmanship he had seen, using his fingers to keep count. "
There was the time you saved my hide from those bandits, then in the cave you managed to shoot with deadly accuracy, catching that man of arms in the throat with only torchlight to guide your eyes, also the time you brought down that bear with one arrow and the assistance of Lady Corrine."
Septon Arlyn then claps his hand together, "
There was also that time you saved Lady Corrine from the shadowcat!"
Septon Arlyn exclaims excitedly.

"
I bet with some training from yourself you can bring the archers of House Dulverup to a similar level of skill as the skill that we have seen here,"
Septon Arlyn boasts.

"
Mostly consider meself a hunter first and archer second but aye meself be no stranger to having a bow in hand, mostly been that way since I was a snot nosed pup. Reckon I could give a few tips on how to keep a steady hand, a smoother release or a to eye up the right angle for the shot but we have some good men. Thing about Longbowmen be they take years to properly develop, start em young, make em shoot often and keep em alive. Mayhaps indeed me path will one day venture into more battlefields than woods but for now lets hope not."

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:"
It sounds like the Septon has high regard for your abilities. Do you think you could match her skill young archer?"

Septon Arlyn wrote:"
I would wager 50 silver stags on it,"
states Septon Arlyn with a wink at Luecian.I imagine he probably could do it. She is good but has not had as much time to dedicate towards the art as your man Luecian here.
Luecian smiles at the knight's question and shrugs, then lets out a small burst of laughter as the Septon offers his bet. "
Meself not be unskilled yet there is always someone better eh good Ser? If she be as good her men it be a good competition but me chances be more than fair, if her own skill outclasses them then she might well best me. No doubtin if so it would be the loveliest loss meself ever been dealt. Meself surely be willing to give it a go either way."

Last edited by 183 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:05 pm

Septon Arlyn laughs at the jest, "
it appears that my words are more convincing to young master Terren here then Goodman Luecian!"
Septon Arlyn clap's Luecian Longbow on the back as he speaks,"
I believe I've caught him dicing multiple times in as many days, and who knows what else he has been up too when I've not been looking? "
Septon Arlyn gives a friendly smile, but his tone loses a hint of its joviality as it gains a more serious tone. "
But that is where you would be wrong Master Terren, this is not a gamble, but an investment! With the Faith I have in Goodman Luecian's skill"
Septon Arlyn proclaims. "
As the seven pointed star states, 'he who has talents and hides them, be accused, for the Smith did not give ye talents so that ye can hide them from the world, nay, it is through the use of one's talents that ye become blessed seven fold!' "
Septon Arlyn boisterously announces, "
this is no gamble, for the winnings will go towards alms to help Septon Merrick provide for those whom have been most affected here in battle valley."
maybe we can change that name in the treaty as well...
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:13 pm

"
If the proceeds go to charity, then i have no quarrel with this, I'll bet 50 silver stags on Luecian as well."

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:07 pm

Lady Alysanne and her red headed giant seem game to the idea of a small wager.

"
Let us make the gain a full crown for the winner: me and three of mine at five and fifty silver stages each to your fifty?"

"
A friendly match to thank those who have brought peace to the Valley by arrow, word and deed,"
she smiles, seemingly relishing the challenge and a chance to involve her men. A learning opportunity, whatever comes to pass.

Black Aly gestures to her men, and with that three young lads with the brown and auburn hair of the Riverlands step forward. Young lads, but with the powerful upper bodies of longbowmen: House Bracken may have its thundering heavy knights, but House Blackwood can call upon some of the finest archers in the Riverlands. Well-trained men and well led.

The red haired archer that had drilled the men does not move to take part, but instead sets up stationary targets a full 90 yards distant.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:26 am

(just to clarify, but I think that it would make since that every 10 yards increases the difficulty by 3, leading 90 yards to be a TN of 18?, then the highest DOS across all 3 shots is the winner? Aim can only be used on the first shot like in the archery tournament contest??)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:40 pm

"
Well, if you think your man is up to it, 50 stags on Luecian as well."
Jorah smiled, fishing the money out.

Meanwhile, Trelane kept an eye on the crowd. Though the Dulvers were related to the Blackwoods, tempers have previously been high and it was always best to keep on the lookout for trouble.

[url=Awareness (Notice)][/url]: 5d6k4 17

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:55 pm

Luecian pulls out his longbow, Lyanna, and began to string it carefully as the house Blackwood archers setup the event. Following the lead of Lady Alysane and her men, Luecian stepped up and got ready to shoot at the designated target.

Nodding at the other archers before it begins, he shares a few words with all the participants. "
Best a luck to all, let's be giving me a show to remember."

Taking careful aim he draws the bow back firmly and releases in a smooth motion. He gives a half smile as the arrow hit its target well before taking a deep breath and releases his next shot. A moment later he pulls the bow back one final time for a third shot.

Feeing good about the round he sports a small smile and watches any remaining competitors as they take their shots.

[url=Marksmanship-Bows Archery Bet + Aim][/url]: 8d6k5 25 TN 6 4DoS

[url=Marksmanship-Bows Archery Bet][/url]: 7d6k5 23 TN 6 4DoS

[url=Marksmanship-Bows Archery Bet][/url]: 7d6k5 21 TN 6 4DoS

12 Total DoS for the round
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:50 pm

Luecian may appear to be but a simple hunter, but his rustic appearance hides one of the region's finest talents for archery. Black Aly places second behind the Dulver huntsman - she's a steady shot and calm, but lacks her rival's inspiration, his true calling for the bow.

Despite the defeat, Lady Alysanne smiles broadly - a warg's wolfish grin according to the rumours.

"
To the victor, the spoils,"
she says, presenting the victor with a pouch of coin.

The tale red haired man scratches his beard and nods respectfully at Luecian's prowess.

[url=Aim + shoot][/url]: 4#5d6k4 13 20 13 18
[url=Marksmanship][/url]: 2#4d6 18 15
[url=Marksmanship][/url]: 2#4d6 13 12
[url=Marksmanship][/url]: 2#4d6 18 15
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:21 am

"
Bravo! Luecian Longbow! Congratulations indeed, some of the finest shooting I've ever seen, even to my untrained eyes."
Septon Arlyn smiles at the young Archer, clearly pleased that his words were backed up by the young man's actions.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:40 pm

"
Congratulations Luecian, that was absolutely superb shooting."
Ser Jorah looked around, "
I think you have just gained a few admirers."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:18 pm

Terren will look to Luecian, clearly impressed “ Impressive shooting Luecian, very impressive.”

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:34 pm

Luecian receives the offered bag of coin graciously and offers both a fair smile and words to Lady Alysane. "
Much obliged m'lady archer, yerself and your men do archers proud. Witnessing yer drills be a thing of beauty and meself be honored to have raised a bow with such fine company. No doubt it be a credit to their leadership m'lady. House Blackwood be both lucky for yer own skills and all the stronger for puttin to use. Perhaps we will raise a bow in friendly competition again m'lady."

Later once their conversation is complete he thanks Septon Arlyn, Ser Jorah and Terren for their congratulations. "
Much thanks me fine companions, yer faith in me ownself be appreciated and no doubtin me luck was with me eh."
Holding up his bow, he gives a smile and a wink. "
Meself would like to take the credit but Lyana do be doing most of the work truth be tell. Meself just be guiding her and offering fair words of encouragement."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next